Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Driver Shafts

Gamache

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a mid launch, low spin driver shaft that would go into my 9.5 Cobra ZL driver. I have been struggling to lower my ball flight with the stock VooDoo shaft. After talking with others and looking online, I have found out that this is a typical problem with this shaft.

I am a 4 to 5 handicap with a 105 mph clubhead speed. Right now, the stiff, stock shaft that I have now launches the ball at around 16-18 degrees with high spin.

I would prefer a shaft that weighs somewhere in the mid to high 60 grams, but would be ok with one that weighs somewhere in the low 70's. I also have no price limit.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a mid launch, low spin driver shaft that would go into my 9.5 Cobra ZL driver. I have been struggling to lower my ball flight with the stock VooDoo shaft. After talking with others and looking online, I have found out that this is a typical problem with this shaft.

I am a 4 to 5 handicap with a 105 mph clubhead speed. Right now, the stiff, stock shaft that I have now launches the ball at around 16-18 degrees with high spin.

I would prefer a shaft that weighs somewhere in the mid to high 60 grams, but would be ok with one that weighs somewhere in the low 70's. I also have no price limit.

If you have no price limit, the Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board may be a good choice. It is available in weights of 63 and 69 g (the 69g model is called the Blue Board 73 for some reason), has a mid-to-high kick point for a more penetrating flight, and a stiff tip. The bad news is it will run you $275, for which you can almost get a new driver. You can get it through Amazon (via Golfsmith), as well as a few other places, though it seems fairly hard to come by. The price is the same everywhere I've seen it. I've hit a couple of drivers with this shaft and it is truly fantastic.

As Ferris Bueller once said, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

Thanks. I hadn't even considered that and based on what you said, it seems to be what I am looking for but when looking online, it says that it is for smooth swing players. I have a pretty aggressive swing toward the ball. So, I was also looking at the Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6, the Matrix Ozik HD6, or the Oban Devotion 6. Do you know anything about any of these?

Is it possible that the ZL launches the ball high to begin with? If that's the case, you may want to look at a low launch shaft (Aldila NV, Fujikura Speeder 757, etc.)

I have a pretty aggressive swing toward the ball.

Aldila RIP.

one and done.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Archived