Golfing under the influence

A few weeks back a buddy I was playing with pulled out his flask of scotch. The flask was in his bag and was warm. At first I declined then; I said let me have it. I took a pull off it and man... it was good! I'm pretty sure scotch isn't supposed to be had warm but I liked it.

It has always seemed to me that beer, whiskey, and SOME cordials like brandy, schnapps, etc. taste good on the golf course, as long as it's not to excess.  Cold beer in the summer, and whiskey etc when it's cold.  Leave it to PJ to get it backwards!   :P

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Nothing beats a little Jack Daniels Tennessee honey in the coffee during the cold rounds of golf

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Last February Foz introduced me to Wild Turkey Honey Sting.  Great on a cool day, and I liked the bite of the Ghost Pepper.  Nobody had it out here in the west that I could find, so I ordered it.  I think I may have started something because the store now stocks it.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Is it bad when you walk in the club house and there is a vodka lemonade waiting for you?

And yes, this is before I start, at the turn and after the round.

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

A few weeks back a buddy I was playing with pulled out his flask of scotch. The flask was in his bag and was warm. At first I declined then; I said let me have it. I took a pull off it and man... it was good! I'm pretty sure scotch isn't supposed to be had warm but I liked it.

I drink all whisk(e)y neat, with no water or ice. Just my preference. Drink it any way you enjoy it!

Played in the member member tourney a few weeks ago, and the team we played with on Sunday, one of them is a drinker, big time, he was hammered by hole 4, he shot 71, I'm talking he was cant walk straight slur your words, barely stand up drunk, and shot 71, and didn't miss a putt from 15 feet and in all day. It was ridiculous to watch.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

if I am having a rough day and not playing too good, sometimes I will drink a couple beers to relax me. It usually helps but, only 2 or 3 at most.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Does not really bother my game all that much and if I drink during a round but I play early so generally don't have anything on the course.  Lately I have been playing real early and meeting the family at the beach club where there are always cold beers waiting for me in the cabana.

• Like 1

WITB

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* GD AD DI 7x

:callaway-small: X2Hot 3 Deep GD AD GT 8x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* UST Elements Wind 9f5

:callaway-small: Apex 19 21* Nippon GOST X

PXG 0311 5 -PW KBS $Taper 130

PXG Sugar Daddy 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG TI S400

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 34"

Played in the member member tourney a few weeks ago, and the team we played with on Sunday, one of them is a drinker, big time, he was hammered by hole 4, he shot 71, I'm talking he was cant walk straight slur your words, barely stand up drunk, and shot 71, and didn't miss a putt from 15 feet and in all day. It was ridiculous to watch.

Honestly that makes me mad because I've only shot 71 a handful of times...sober. But good for him

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I very rarely drink when playing and when I do its about 1 beer per 9

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

:ping-small: ChipR

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

I don't ever drink when I play. Even during scrambles. I don't enjoy playing under the influence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

I'm not a prude by any length, but I can't hold my beer at the best of times these days, let alone when trying to play respectable golf :D

So, on a day with a heat index of 106 and playing with two guys that shot 120, plus a guy that shot 97, I couldn't take it anymore and had to drink a couple of cold beverages at the turn. It actually calmed my nerves on a day that start poorly and resulted in a much better back nine.

• Like 1

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I played in an outing on Saturday. It was 97* on the course with a heat index of 105*. The humidity was just killer. We drank our share of beer, but we also drank plenty of gatorade and water, along with it. I think I only pissed once! ;)

• Like 1