TESTERS WANTED! ×

Byron Morgan DH 89 20th Anniversary putter 26 of 39 made

Peterpc2828

I have been following the MGS blog for a long time and recently started participating in the forum because of the iPhone app.

Back in May 2009 I entered the "Most Insane Golf Bog Contest Ever!" Some of you may remember, but anyway I came in 3rd place! Below is a list of the prizes I won

Adams Speedline Driver (Value $400)

Byron Morgan DH-89 Anniversary Putter (Value $500)

14Stix.com Prize Pack (Value $200)

GolfBallSelector 1-yr Membership (Value $30)

Mibrella Umbrella (Value $50)

SwingManGolf Membership (Value $50)

Slighter Putter Hat (Value $25)

TOTAL PRIZE VALUE = $1,255

The Byron Morgan putter though very nice, to be honest when I won I really didn't know who Byron Morgan putters where, I used this putter for a very long time and really did not take good care of it, eventually it started to pit and rust,

I ultimatelly took it out of the bag to be replaced by a new shinny putter that I probably didn't take care of either. I put it with all the other dead soldiers in my garage and eventually came across it again, it sadened me in how poor of a condition I let this putter get, at this point I kind of realized what I actually had and greatly regretted not preserving it and maybe not even using it.

About 6 months ago I decided to contact Byron Morgan and see if he could restore the putter to its original beauty, through some emails back and forth we determined that he would have to re mill the face, send it to get re finished and put a new grip on it. I agreed and sent the putter to Byron at his studio in Huntington Beach CA,. The process took a while but I felt confident as I was dealing with Byron himself and he was communicating throughout the process.

Well today I finally received this beauty back!

I can assure you that this time I will take very good care of this putter and at this point I'm not even sure I will put it in play.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1466723048.733433.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1466723070.193615.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1466723097.157585.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1466723110.697652.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1466723141.754341.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1466723160.275313.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Simple and Purdy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Now that is a sweet looking putter.  I really like the Black Finish.......and who is Dale Head?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Now that is a sweet looking putter. I really like the Black Finish.......and who is Dale Head?

Foz --I believe Dale head refers to the style of the putter head and if not mistaken Ping Answer was the first to coin that term, it's a very familiar style that everyone makes.

very nice

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Very sharp putter!

The Dude abides.

WITB:

PXG 0811 9 degree

Tour Exotics 3 Wood

Srixon 5 Wood

PXG 0311 5-PW

Miura K Wedges 52, 56, 60

PXG  Center Shafted

:travis-mathew-1: Golf Shirts (on me, not ITB!)

Now that is a sweet looking putter.  I really like the Black Finish.......and who is Dale Head?

I believe that refers to a "Scottsdale Head" i.e. 'dale Head... The original Anser putters are referred to as Scottsdales due to the Scottsdale address stamped inside the cavity on the putter head.  

Using a random assortment of generic stuff with last gen Golfsmith Snake Eyes forged irons. 

I believe that refers to a "Scottsdale Head" i.e. 'dale Head... The original Anser putters are referred to as Scottsdales due to the Scottsdale address stamped inside the cavity on the putter head.

Good to know , thanks for the info!

• 2 months later...

Update----

While having this putter refinished by Byron I also had him order me a new X-ray head cover to go along with the putter as the original was not taken care of and is really beat up, when I created this post I did not have the new one in hand but recently received it from Byron. ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1474569825.957462.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1474569838.001389.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1474569855.143938.jpg

Did Byron have that putter cover laying around? He didn't do just a one off did he?

No he ordered it from AM&E for me and it took a while to get, my old one had a Velcro closure and this new one has a magnetic closure.

Awesome prizes for third place, I wonder what second place and grand prize winners received.  Sweet looking putter, the feel must be awesome.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

If that is a carbon putter you want to keep it cleaned and oiled to prevent rusting etc. An idea for the old cover, keep it but after the putter is cleaned and oiled; you have squirted some oil in the beater cover and that is where your putter can rest and the new cover; is the gamer. No worries, other then when the course is being fertilized, then go with an SS putter :)

If that is a carbon putter you want to keep it cleaned and oiled to prevent rusting etc. An idea for the old cover, keep it but after the putter is cleaned and oiled; you have squirted some oil in the beater cover and that is where your putter can rest and the new cover; is the gamer. No worries, other then when the course is being fertilized, then go with an SS putter :)

Great idea! Thanks I do oil my putters after every round and leave it in covered. This one has never been used and I'm not sure if I ever will but it's been gun oiled and keep it uncovered.

I started tearing up after seeing that putter... It is just so beautiful

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• 1 year later...

Archived