GolfSpy Stroker

Rick Shiels / Mark Crossfield videos

I enjoy Rick Shiels..........very detailed review on new equipment.

• Like 2

I really enjoy watching Rick Shiels when he compares golf clubs. He really breaks it down for the user in a way that uses the numbers but justifies it with feel. 

• Like 2

I like watching both for club testing and reviews but look to Hall and Breed for instruction.

Good point about North American versions of Crossfield and Shiels. Be great if we had some non-uk vlogs to go to.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

What are you favorite golf video blogs on youtube?   

I started watching Mark Crossfield a couple of years ago and he's got some good stuff.

Recently found Rick Shiels videos on youtube and the thing I like about him is he's got a tester that is a mid-handicap hitting clubs and giving his feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSEt6sX9U4&list=PLKnkfgDBi62kF5MjPySEw8mUzV3bAgHtE

I love watching Rick's videos. I usually like his honest reviews on clubs. 

• Like 3

Rick's biggest weakness is psychological. He lacks confidence and decisiveness on the course. From the course vlogs he misses in bad spots and forces himself away from his strengths. He is self-deprecating to almost an extreme.

Crossfield has the mental game but is less physically gifted. Peter Finch seems like if you put Crossfield's brain in Rick Sheils' body.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5

I'm a big fan of Shiels, Finch, Crossfield and the MeandMyGolf boys on Youtube. Like other people have noted, there are differences in their approaches to the game - Rick's a bit more focused on club-testing and little bit of coaching, whereas the other 3 are more based on coaching (particularly MeandMyGolf and Crossfield). Also, Crossfield is more likely to go into the theory of various things (he's got a few videos about strike, etc. that are on GolfWRX and Youtube right now).

• Like 3

I hope that Rick makes the trip back to Australia. He had some awesome vlogs.

I do enjoy Rick Shiels reviews as others have mentioned. I havent watched much of Mark Crossfield.

Sounds like I need to check out the me and my golf guys

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

The Brits are entertaining, however I prefer Dana Dahlquist, George Gankas and Monte Scheinblum as YouTube swing coaches.

• Like 2

If you're a fan of Rick on youtube you've probably already seen this, but pretty cool contest he has going...

• Like 1

Without reading through all of the posts, here are the guys in my regular rotation that I think have some really valuable/entertaining material:

Mark crossfield
Rick Shiels
Me and my golf
Golfbox
Fried eggs golf (not sure if they're still in the game)
Golfaholics
The average golfer

Sent from my LM-G710VM using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

1 minute ago, azstu324 said:

Without reading through all of the posts, here are the guys in my regular rotation that I think have some really valuable/entertaining material:

Mark crossfield
Rick Shiels
Me and my golf
Golfbox
Fried eggs golf (not sure if they're still in the game)
Golfaholics
The average golfer

Sent from my LM-G710VM using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think the guys I feel like I most relate to out of this list are the Golfholics guys....I'm not quite at their level yet but they play similar to my style and their videos are top notch and they play some beautiful courses.  They have mastered the use of the drone!

If you enjoy Rick Shiels, watch the Erik Anders Lang video series "Isle of Man" on Youtube.  It's pretty great.

• Like 3

I like both Shiels and Crossfield, will watch them both.  But, my preference for club reviews is TXG.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 2:53 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I think the guys I feel like I most relate to out of this list are the Golfholics guys....I'm not quite at their level yet but they play similar to my style and their videos are top notch and they play some beautiful courses.  They have mastered the use of the drone!

I enjoy the Golfholics videos, you are correct about the drone shots. Mr. Short Game is also pretty good if you're into the Golfholics style. I particularly enjoy Golfholics and Mr. Short Game because they talk through their shot choices a lot. It's a good way in my opinion to work on the mental aspects of my game.

• Like 1

I like to watch Rick Shiels YouTube videos. He does a great job giving the consumer honest reviews about all the clubs that he hits. He shows no bias to any one company. 

• Like 2

Peter Finch is solid.  Randy from Fried eggs golf gives funny but good information in his videos.  

• Like 1

I like to watch TOP SPEED GOLF with Clay Ballard. He has really good instructional videos and goes into more detail than Rick does on his instruction videos. He's my go to guy with fixes.

• Like 1