TESTERS WANTED! ×

3balls TM SLDR-C

StrokerAce

Is there some reason that the only topic you will engage in or respond to is the SLDR C thing?

In case you didn't notice, it's the thread topic... :rolleyes:

sldrcrown2.jpg

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

attachicon.gifsldrcrown2.jpg

Does your wife/partner know about the shrine you have to the SLDR-C? 

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

Does your wife know about the SLDR-C?

Indeed she does Matey, and my wife even plays one herself...(A 12* LH model with the stock senior (M-Flex) shaft).

SLDR-C clubface.jpg

And does that lovely Australian Bride of yours play also, or is she content to just 'hop around the course' with you?... :D

kangaroobride.jpg  SHE IS LOVELY!.. :wub:

AND OBVIOUSLY KEEPS YOU 'HOPPIN'...

kangaroocourse.jpg

AN AUSTRALIAN "SHRINE"?

kangaroojack.jpg :titelist-small:  915 D3 HERE!.. :blush:

AustralianFlag.png  mdumble21 - Australia  :lol:

JUNIOR FIELD OPERATIVE

I guess you can't find an SLDR-C Driver to try in the Australian Outback, but the good news for you is that 3-Balls offers International Shipping!  Is that why you find this thread so appealing?.. Hopefully you actually have some money in that 'pouch' of yours, but if not, here's looking at you, Kid!.. :rolleyes:

Be seeing you around, Mate!..CATCH YOU LATER!..  :P

bobcatsnake.jpeg

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

attachicon.gifsldrcrown2.jpg

I'm aware that it's the thread topic. That isn't what I asked. here it is again: 

Is there some reason that the only topic you will engage in or respond to is the SLDR C thing?

Why not contribute to other topics in the forum? Why is it that the only time we hear from you, the SLDR C is the topic? I already know why..... and so does everyone else.

I'm aware that it's the thread topic. That isn't what I asked. here it is again: 

Why not contribute to other topics in the forum? Why is it that the only time we hear from you, the SLDR C is the topic? 

You seem to be obsessed over this!.. :o

If are you are looking for OTHER subjects I have posted about, then by all means 'seek and you shall find'.  (I assume you know how to search for a member's content!).  Otherwise try and offer something of value that appeals to YOU, and is still consistent with the thread topic... :)

The option to ignore any post, any poster, or any subject matter is always available to you, and always has been... :rolleyes:  

Why not contribute to other topics in the forum? Why is it that the only time we hear from you, the SLDR C is the topic? I already know why..... and so does everyone else.

Bobcat just can't take anyone criticising his precious SLDR-C, Silver & Black. Also, Bobcat, I'm more surprised that they can ship SLDR-C's down to the Glades where you live. And to be honest, I'm not surprised that you've given your wife an SLDR-C as well. 

Bobcat just can't take anyone criticising his precious SLDR-C, Silver & Black. Also, Bobcat, I'm more surprised that they can ship SLDR-C's down to the Glades where you live. And to be honest, I'm not surprised that you've given your wife an SLDR-C as well. 

Lets be clear that it's Taylormade's Driver being criticized here.  I just happen to really like this particular TM driver, so I play one.  Seems there are actually some people here who believe TM just suddenly forgot how to build a classically styled, (non-adjustable), driver that performs well...that's a truly ridiculous assumption! 

However, that said, when it comes to any kind of criticism, not only can I take it, I can dish it out too which now you have seen! However, before reading more of YOUR snide remarks and/or criticisms, (and then having you 'whine' about my counter-punch responses), I suggest you go outside and find yourself a warm and fuzzy Koala Bear to cuddle with!  That would be the best thing for you right now!.. :rolleyes:  

koala.jpg JUST HUG ME AND FEEL BETTER!

Let's try to keep this civil boys. There's nothing wrong with a conversation/discussion and challenging ideas but sometimes we can take stuff too far.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Rather than posting further criticisms of the driver, (and then whining), I suggest you go outside and find yourself a Kuala Bear to cuddle! It would be good for you right now!.. :rolleyes:

(Maybe that Kuala can help you spell better too!)

attachicon.gifkuala.jpg HUG ME AND FEEL BETTER!

His criticism is perhaps just as baseless as your praise. You have yet to provide any actual data to back up your lofty claims.

But keep making jokes about where he lives, that's always nice

Yeah it's one thing to have varying opinions on a piece of golf equipment and another thing entirely to demean someone because of where they're from/live.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Let's try to keep this civil boys. There's nothing wrong with a conversation/discussion and challenging ideas but sometimes we can take stuff too far.

Don't worry about it, Shawn.... I'm a big boy...lol. It's extremely obvious that he just wants to make trouble and cause strife. I'm done with him and the topic. I won't be baited anymore.

It's all good. Just trying to keep things in tact that's all.

By the way. Just win baby!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Yeah it's one thing to have varying opinions on a piece of golf equipment and another thing entirely to demean someone because of where they're from/live.

No worries, Just a bit of International Holiday banter with someone very deserving of such a dish.  Most Aussies I have met pride themselves as being good sports, but there are obviously some exceptions! 

Fact is, I LOVE both Australia and the nearby Florida Everglades!.. Have some really great memories of both!

I'll never forget one particular night that I spent in Sydney...   :wub:

Alright, bobcat , I will from here on out ignore you and your golf club(s). 

Fine by me!..I would never have even thought of making such negative comments about yours!.. :rolleyes:

And one that you likely know nothing about, but then again, if you are not interested, why bother to even visit an SLDR-C thread to begin with?.. :rolleyes:

Because he thought that someone that was so enthusiastic about the club might actually provide tangible information as to why they enjoy it. Shame on him for thinking that

Because he thought that someone that was so enthusiastic about the club might actually provide tangible information as to why they enjoy it. Shame on him for thinking that

Everyone has to determine what they consider "tangible information" for themselves!  There are many variables to consider, (i.e. loft, length, shaft type, tipping, fitting, etc), and that is before the human factor comes into play with infinite swing variables.

To obtain data that is accurate, consistent, applicable to a wide audience of players with an infinite variation of ball-striking skills, it would certainly be best to have an 'Iron Byron' type of 'swing robot' at your disposal to take all the 'human factors' completely out of the equation.

However, if YOU happen to be someone who finds some value in one particular individual's launch monitor data, then perhaps you should hookup with Shawn who indicated in a previous post that he would like to see a human's launch monitor data also.  Having said that, I would caution that what looks good on a person's launch monitor data doesn't always transfer to the course even for that same person, and the data certainly isn't likely to be that relevant for other players who swing the driver quite differently, and possibly need completely different club specs than what was tested by the person who is providing the launch monitor data.

Because of the reasons I have noted above, I feel 'personal' launch monitor data is actually pretty useless for sharing purposes, and therefore not a good way for other players to decide if a particular club will work for them.  If some other individual elects to test with the same equipment and the same launch monitor, his numbers are going to vary significantly from the first person who originally shared the launch monitor data.  

I personally trust only my actual on-course results and I feel others should do the same!.. :)

Do you need a hug now too?.. :D

FatherBear.jpg

Alright, bobcat , I will from here on out ignore you and the love you have for your golf club(s). 

Looks more like it.  :)

Well I do hope the 2nd time is the charm, since your first promise didn't seem to take!  Do you an out-of-control compulsion to tweet insults at 3AM in the morning too?.. :D

I do enjoy my clubs, and it's really too bad that you don't have a similar passion for yours!..However, this is Cyber Monday as well as Christmas shopping season, so maybe you will find 'something' very soon that will bring you some 'joy'!..  :rolleyes:

Oh, and by the way, ALL TM Drivers are sold at Big Box Stores! That's true for every current TM driver model still being sold at Retail.

Now back to topic! (3balls TM SLDR-C...A very underrated Driver!)

Caution:  Silver & Black shown below!... :lol:

sldrcrown2.jpg

SLDR-C clubface.jpg

Just doesn't end does it?

Unfortunately not. He's like one of those guys that starts up/gets involved in a conversation about something, and doesn't stop talking until either we politely say "no" for the umpteenth time or he dies from old age!!

(Maybe that Kuala can help you spell better too!)

attachicon.gifkuala.jpg  HUG ME AND FEEL BETTER!

Oh the irony.

It's Koala, perhaps you should learn to spell.

Interesting how you resorted to bigoted stereotyping in your earlier response to Mdumble, speaks volumes.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Great deal on TM SLDR-C clubs at 3balls

VERY underrated clubs!

Such an 'innocent' topic!... :rolleyes:

OK, in Bobcat's defense he did post a meaningful reply in the topic "Gap between 4 iron and 3 wood"..…

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/16470-Gap-between-4-iron-and-3-wood&do=findComment&comment=236624

Bobcat -

Look at this way: the rest of us are jealous we haven't found a driver that fits us as well nor works as well for us as your SLDR-C works for you ... so "good on ya, mate!"

Also, I hope that Mrs. Cat gets at least 1/2 the love and devotion and adoration as your SLDR-C ... If so then she is a very VERY lucky woman!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

OK, in Bobcat's defense he did post a meaningful reply in the topic "Gap between 4 iron and 3 wood"..…

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/16470-Gap-between-4-iron-and-3-wood&do=findComment&comment=236624

Bobcat -

Look at this way: the rest of us are jealous we haven't found a driver that fits us as well nor works as well for us as your SLDR-C works for you ... so "good on ya, mate!"

Also, I hope that Mrs. Cat gets at least 1/2 the love and devotion and adoration as your SLDR-C ... If so then she is a very VERY lucky woman!

Thanks cksurfdude.. I am likely to post on any topic that is of interest me, not just this one, but I must say, this driver gets mentioned quite a bit here, (usually in a negative way), and  by people with no actual SLDR-C experience to base their criticisms on.  Seems few people here, (if any, other than me), have actually played a round of golf with this particular Taylormade driver, and yet there has been no hesitation to make assumptive negative comments based solely on the low price... :(

I have always tried to set the record straight when seeing the negative comments, because I I truly think a lot of folks would  love this driver, and could improve their play off the tee, if they were willing to give this one a chance.  It is such a bargain now due to the closeout prices currently available, and given those ultra-low prices, folks can more easily afford to upgrade the TM stock shaft should they need to based on a fitting, or simply choose to as a matter of personal preference!... B)

I have played a lot of TM Drivers over the years, (both Tour-issued and Retail), and I think this clubhead is excellent, in all aspects, and very underrated indeed!  A driver needn't be expensive to perform well, and I have found that quite often a simple, proven design like this often works better than something more complex, containing the latest adjustable 'gimmick'... :rolleyes:.

And yes, my wife, (a Lefty, and accomplished golfer in her own right), loves it too!  She finally replaced an older 10.5* Taylormade R540 Driver with stock TM Senior graphite shaft that has been in her bag for years.  She had vowed never to replace it, but it only took a few swings on the range with a 12* SLDR-C, (stock Senior graphite shaft), to convince her to make the switch, and she enjoyed a great driving round with the SLDR-C shortly thereafter... :P

Hope you, and everyone here finds success in 2017 with whatever clubs are in your golf bag!  

Happy Holidays!.. :)  

Hope you, and everyone here finds success in 2017 with whatever clubs are in your golf bag!

Happy Holidays!.. :)

Thanks man! Happy HAPPY to you, too!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Archived