Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

3balls TM SLDR-C

StrokerAce

Great deal on TM SLDR-C clubs at 3balls

VERY underrated clubs and especially good deal for beginners.

https://www.3balls.com/search/?keyword=SLDR+C

unnamed.jpg

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

• 1 month later...

OP, for you and anyone else who may be interested, there are quite a few SLDR-C (Classic) Driver Reviews at Rock Bottom Golf... B)

www.rockbottomgolf.com

I agree with you that the SLDR C-Series is very underrated! 

sldrcrown2.jpg

$_57.JPG

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

Quite a few SLDR-C Driver Reviews at Rock Bottom Golf... B)

www.rockbottomgolf.com

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1470006281.442541.jpg

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few more nice pics of the SLDR-C, (Classic).  Great Driver and as good as it gets with a fitted premium shaft.  (I have a Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s in mine).

sldr-cCrown3.jpg

SLDR-C clubface.jpg

kusala.jpg

SLDR-C Driver.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Boys, let's play nice.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Okay guys -- let me be clear:

One of the things that makes MyGolfSpy special is that we are NOT like the others, where people with different opinions or who ask what the "elite" think are stupid questions are attacked regularly.  We're better than that.

We have very few rules here, but there's one absolute: we treat each other with respect.  We can passionately disagree and even argue, but we do so as adults.  I did something today I've never done - actually deleted 2 posts, not for censorship purposes, but because the offending posts are NOT what we're all about.

Two things: Every member has a right to their opinion on a piece of equipment, and every other member has the right to disagree with that opinion.

It's okay, and encouraged, for discussions to get passionate - that's why we're here, we're passionate about golf.  

It is NOT okay to devolve into name-calling and personal attacks. 

Are we clear?

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

My mistake for feeding the troll.

You've been warned about the name calling!

You've been warned about the name calling!

As have you bobcat.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Rather than making comments regarding the SLDR-C, why doesn't somebody post a full on product review?

I have never hit the SLDR or the SLDR C so I have no comment, but a full review may be helpful.  Possibly Bobcat could get the template for product review and fill in the blanks?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Rather than making comments regarding the SLDR-C, why doesn't somebody post a full on product review?

I have never hit the SLDR or the SLDR C so I have no comment, but a full review may be helpful. Possibly Bobcat could get the template for product review and fill in the blanks?

I have gamed the SLDR as well as several other TMAG drivers so if I can find one for the right price I am more than willing to write something up for you guys.

I can certainly appreciate and respect the affinity and "love" of a particular club.

A lot of us do it with putters - it's not as common for drivers, but it's nice to see.

It's great to share with the community and don't be afraid to use the same review template of current clubs and just share your thoughts (I did this with a putter and the community seemed to like it).

On the flip side - I don't think that the community likes people who "push" products.  Once you've shared your thoughts and told everyone how great you think something is, unless there is an update worth posting, let it be and let the community form their own opinion and move on.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

You think nobody cares?  

You are wrong about that!..Rather presumptive on your part to suggest you speak for everyone who reads the forum!.. :D

We'll just have to see about that!.. :rolleyes:

Apparently you were very wrong about that!... :D

This needs to stop now bobcat. Am I making myself clear enough to you?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 3 months later...

Why did this topic have to be brought up again? The fact remains that the SLDR-C is a club that suits a particular type of golfer for a particular price point! My personal opinion of the SLDR in general remains the same as it always has - it might go miles, but it lacks feeling and accuracy. 

I know that there are people out there that enjoy this club (particularly bobcat), but I know people that don't like it.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid (not in play): Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Driving Iron: Wilson Staff Utility Iron 18 degree with KBS Hybrid Stiff shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50; Callaway MD4 - 56; Vokey SM9 - 60

Putter: Taylormade Rossa CGB

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond 

Actually mdumble21, solid feel and dead straight accuracy are strong suits of this driver, not just excellent distance.  Because there is no weight placed in undesirable locations, (like the hosel area), there is no draw/fade bias whatsoever.   It just wants to go dead straight!  Replacing the slider mechanism with a 'speed pocket', (as TM also did with the M2), makes for a much more solid feel at impact and adds forgiveness. This redesigned 2015 model is a huge improvement over the original 2013/2014 SLDR driver clubheads.

After playing it for over a year, I can say that it plays very much like one of my old favorite drivers, (the 9.5* 440cc R580XD-TP Tour issue with a 757 Speeder shaft), but it s larger, (460cc), launches a bit lower, and spins much less than that older TM favorite. 

I think you will find that most of the criticism of the SLDR-C comes from those who have never hit it at all, much less given it a proper test with the correct loft and shaft specs for their swing.  People tend to draw assumptive conclusions about performance based on price points, but those assumptions have no basis in fact.  

Fact is, there is no direct relationship between driver price and driver performance!  TM did not suddenly somehow just 'forget' how to build a classic, non-adjustable, bonded hosel Titanium driver that performs well, and it is actually quite naive to believe otherwise... :)

NOTE:  THERE ARE NOW OVER 100 REVIEWS OF THIS DRIVER AT ROCKBOTTOMGOLF.COM IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT OTHER BUYERS/USERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT IT!  

THE PEOPLE WHO BUY IT AND PLAY IT LOVE IT!.. :wub:

sldrcrown2.jpg

SLDR-C clubface.jpg

Do you just have that post and pictures on standby for when you want to post?

Yep, just for you!  Happy Thanksgiving!.. :)

$_57.JPG

Bobcat,

What I would really appreciate seeing is a product review from YOU. You have been pounding the table for a year on this driver and have honestly taken some flack for it. Good for you for staying true to your feelings. 

Why not challenge the consensus? If you have the time, I'd love to see you take your SLDR C to a launch monitor and hit it side by side with an original SLDR, M1, M2, etc. Let's see your numbers. It would be a great learning experience for the forum to see how this driver stacks up against the field.

Since noone seems to take it seriously, maybe it will prove everyone wrong? Or, maybe it will show you what everyone here has been saying, that the premium retail offerings have more technology/performance than the club. Either way someone learns from it. I'd be curious to see if that's us here at MGS or yourself. Either way it would be interesting!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Lets be clear!...When you say "premium" all you are really referring to are drivers that cost more, and/or have more adjustable features, with the latter often being unnecessary, underutilized, and perhaps not even used at all.

The 'premium priced' Taylormade driver's clubface isn't going to be any 'hotter' than the SLDR-C, although it might well be less forgiving.

The COR and CT measurements are quite comparable among all current TM Drivers.  Any real distance differences are likely going to be due to the shaft, and of course, a proper 'fit'.  

Average driving distance will always be best with the clubhead that delivers the MOST solid hits for you, so having a larger sweetspot, (i.e. more forgiveness), is an important factor. Forgiveness, (not just 'best hits' distance), happens to be a 'strong suit' of the SLDR-C when compared with some of TM's 'premium', (i.e. more expensive), offerings.

If I felt the M1/M2 was better for me, I would consider playing it, but frankly neither of those drivers has impressed me that much, even if I put the M-Family's paint cracking, and ridge forming issues aside.  I'll leave it to others to decide what works best for them as YMMV must always apply when it comes to golf clubs.

I think some people 'need' to pay a premium price just to 'feel right' about the driver they put in their bag, but are they actually getting better performance?  Probably not, and I also think they may even get less when measuring driving distance average, and their percentage of fairways hit. 

The SLDR-C Driver is simply a current option from TM offering excellent 'all-around' performance at a super-bargain price.  It is perhaps best for those of us NOT so 'hung up' on the 'premium driver' label.  It is really nothing any more than that, but certainly nothing less.  In my opinion, It should still be about how a driver performs for a particular person, and not about the price, and I think the SLDR-C offers a very unique 'blend' of performance attributes when compared to other drivers, and it takes the right 'blend' of distance, accuracy, and forgiveness, to achieve maximum consistency off the tee!.

As for launch monitor comparison testing, if YOU are really so "curious", why not take that project on yourself and then publish the (unbiased) results here for everyone to see. That would be the best way to resolve the price-based 'assumptions' you have made about the SLDR-C.   As for me, I am very content with my driver, so I really don't feel the need.

As you are fond to point out, you have your own perspective of what the difference between the SLDR C and a premium driver is, other golfers have a different perspective.

IF you are correct, I'd love to see you prove that to us. Guess what, maybe you aren't? If you aren't, you'll prove that to yourself if you're willing to accept it. Either way, performing a comparison between your driver and a "premium" driver in the market is going to be eye opening for someone. I'd be curious to see the results.

As I type this I disagree with you. There are scientific and measurable differences between a big box club and a premium offer. At least, I ASSUME there are. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm willing to gamble on that. What I'd like for you to do is show us all here on MGS that you are right. With numbers, not words.

Maybe we have another Kirkland situation on our hands, if we do, Taylormade should hook you up.

I'd love to see an honest product comparison/evaluation.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Okay guys -- let me be clear:

One of the things that makes MyGolfSpy special is that we are NOT like the others, where people with different opinions or who ask what the "elite" think are stupid questions are attacked regularly.  We're better than that.

We have very few rules here, but there's one absolute: we treat each other with respect.  We can passionately disagree and even argue, but we do so as adults.  I did something today I've never done - actually deleted 2 posts, not for censorship purposes, but because the offending posts are NOT what we're all about.

Two things: Every member has a right to their opinion on a piece of equipment, and every other member has the right to disagree with that opinion.

It's okay, and encouraged, for discussions to get passionate - that's why we're here, we're passionate about golf.  

It is NOT okay to devolve into name-calling and personal attacks. 

Are we clear?

Clear as can be..... and you are 100% right. I'll borrow a lyric from a Robin Trower song: "I think I'll just sit this one out".

Silver & Black I couldn't agree more. I feel that mine and Bobcats conversation hasn't degenerated in any way to a negative thing. Just for the record.

Bobcat if I could find one of these beasts in a local store I would be happy to do it. Maybe when I get to a more urban area I'll do it and report back here.

The point I'm trying to make is that if you're basing your decision (and justification for this driver) on all of this comparative data and performance, it would only make sense for you to have performed that test and to be able to quantify it for us. Since you've been pounding the table for so long regarding this driver, I assumed you'd have some sense of satisfaction out of proving why this driver is the best value in the Taylormade lineup.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Fair enough...You shouldn't have any difficulty finding one... :)...and value is a good word to use here, in fact, it is pretty much the whole premise of this thread.

A truly informed and unbiased opinion from you based on actual experience would be far more valuable to the community than simply making assumptions about this driver's performance based solely on it's purchase price!  

As previously mentioned, there are over 100 Buyer Reviews of the SLDR-C Driver at rockbottomgolf.com.  Not in depth reviews by any means, but worth reading just the same if you seek more perspectives and opinions.

Archived