Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Is it too early to talk Ryder Cup?

3puttpaul

The Ryder Cup is right up there with the Masters for me in regards to golf events! I love the whole team event thing and the pressure is like no other. Sure there is pressure at the US Open and others but I think the players feel this is the biggest pressure they are under.

I had the 'pleasure' of playing Hazeltine, the course that hosts this years Ryder Cup.  It was no pleasure for me as I had the worst round ever on this course and with some work buddies. I still hear it today......Can't wait for one of my buddies to remind me of the 4 putt I had on number 10.......It's a nice course that if they keep the rough up will test the players a lot.

End of Sept. can't come fast enough for me.  

Never had the pleasure of playing Hazeltine, but friends who have say it's designed to make you hate golf by the time you're done.  I guess the members like it that way...

As for the Ryder Cup - match play events like this make for GREAT TV, in my opinion. Hard to tear away when it's on.  They should have done this with the Olympics.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm very excited for this years Ryder Cup.  I love it every year, but being that it's local it adds a little bit more for me.

I missed out on the competition days tickets, but I did get in for a practice round so I'll be there all day for Tuesday's practice rounds!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Never too early for Ryder cup talk in my mind! This is the first year in forever that I actually have a good feeling about the US team taking home the trophy. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

so there are probably other Ryder Cup threads but I can't find them....Writing this post Ryder Cup. It was the best gold Ive ever seen on TV. The McIlroy/Reed and Michelson/Garcia matches were incredible. Glad to see the US take the cup back....

One last comment / question. Why is it we only hear about those Unruly Americans when the Europeans lose? Now Kaymer is crying about it. He actually makes the claim that the European fans don't do that. Please.....we are talking about 2-3% of the fans that are knuckleheads. Really, there are no knuckleheads on that side of the ocean huh!  Suck it up. you lost. Get mad and get better!

Archived