OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - CALLAWAY XR 16 DRIVERS AND FWS

Our Sponsors

Still loving the XR16 Pro driver, 6 out of 8 fairways hit for me on a twilight round. 

Driver - XR16 Pro 10.5 Kuro Kage Black 60-S
Fairway wood - Taylormade Aeroburner mini (16*)

Tour Edge XCG7 7-wood 21*/XR16 7 wood
Hybrid - Adams Pro Mini 23*
Irons - Mizuno EZ forged 5-GW
Wedges - Mizuno JPX 54*
Bridgestone 60*

Putter - Wilson Staff Infinite South SIde

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, my name is Shane and I'm a ho.   “Hi Shaneâ€�   I started ho-ing around 7 years ago and it's been a seasonal struggle ever since. Every spring brings the enjoyment of a new year, a new ro

snapshot of me:   I am 27 years old and play golf on average twice a week Saturday and Sunday. I used to sneak a mid week round in, but it's becoming tougher with the weather (100 degrees every day)

I like the head cover as well. I did have someone randomly comment how they loved the driver(let them hit it), but hated the head cover... Hated a red, white, and blue headcover! So I accused them of

Posted Images

My stage 3 is posted

Knoxville, TN. 4.7HDCP, Cally XR16 Driver, G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I E1 irons, Vokey SM5 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 4 Hdcp Ping G30 9deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Nike Vapor rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, 60 TM spider with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Nice cleanup in Stage 3 Easy32........it's prob just a question of timing for your 3 wood.....with a tad more lag, your 3 wood will probably hit square and beat the Ping 25.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Nice cleanup in Stage 3 Easy32........it's prob just a question of timing for your 3 wood.....with a tad more lag, your 3 wood will probably hit square and beat the Ping 25.

I like the Callaway but the Ping also suits my eye a little better. But because the 3wood is also a little stronger it doesn't create enough distance separation from my driver. I actually just get out in front of the Callaway a little more so I hit it right. As weird as it sounds I like the ping going a little shorter. I'm anywhere from 250-260 with the ping and the Callaway is a little further. Off the tee it's not worth hitting the 3 wood for accuracy purpose.

Knoxville, TN. 4.7HDCP, Cally XR16 Driver, G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I E1 irons, Vokey SM5 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 4 Hdcp Ping G30 9deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Nike Vapor rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, 60 TM spider with 1.0 super stroke</p>

• 2 weeks later...

I'm jealous of the success some of you had with the fairway woods. I wanted to fall in love but it wasn't meant to be. In fact, it was horrible. Like I said, not mad, just jealous of y'alls success. 

Stage 3 posted. 

• :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • Toulon Vegas H7 w/ SS Flatso 2.0r
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

My stage 3 is up.

I'm jealous of the success some of you had with the fairway woods. I wanted to fall in love but it wasn't meant to be. In fact, it was horrible. Like I said, not mad, just jealous of y'alls success. 

Stage 3 posted. 

Just the opposite. I like the fairway wood and wasn't a fan of the driver. Really interesting test.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

This driver (XR 16 Pro) is one of the best that I have hit...by far! It's a great feeling driver with a nice sound and without the loud ping.

The ONLY down fall it takes time to find a good head/shaft combo. I have finally found a combo that I can play. It's a fairway finder and deep as hell!

Played this weekend and I was hitting some long balls and fairway on a tight course. During play I think that I was able to sell two of them. I have owned the M1 and it was nice but too much "tinkering" lead me to hooks and pushes. Keep it simple is the way I like to live!

Just picked up the XR 16 pro 3 wood with a Graphite Design BB and it's a rocket! More to come on that later

My Bag:

Stolen clubs....in between!   

This driver (XR 16 Pro) is one of the best that I have hit...by far! It's a great feeling driver with a nice sound and without the loud ping.

The ONLY down fall it takes time to find a good head/shaft combo. I have finally found a combo that I can play. It's a fairway finder and deep as hell!

Played this weekend and I was hitting some long balls and fairway on a tight course. During play I think that I was able to sell two of them. I have owned the M1 and it was nice but too much "tinkering" lead me to hooks and pushes. Keep it simple is the way I like to live!

Just picked up the XR 16 pro 3 wood with a Graphite Design BB and it's a rocket! More to come on that later

Interesting. I had the same issue. I switched out the shaft I got with it to the Kuro Kage. I think I can swing it much better now.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

• 1 month later...

I just picked up the G30 to compare to the xr16. My bag is mostly ping anyways and I tend to hit pings well. I know for a fact, me struggling with the driver is my swing and not making great swings But Im hoping to narrow in my misses. I've hit it once at the range and hit it great for the first 15-25 balls and the swing got a little loose from pounding balls. So not sure where I stand yet

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm still gaming hte XR16 fairwood wood. However the driver is currently sitting in my bag, probably never coming out more than once or twice a round. I'm hitting the Fly-Z so much more consistent that it really isn't close.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's like most things,everything fits everyone differently. It's also a mindset and mental lol. I said in my very first statements that the 3wood was going to have to be flawless to replace my ping 3 wood. I could happily play the callaway 3 wood. I just prefer my ping. As for the driver, I can hit it well and then I miss it, it's an Indian issue, not an arrow issue.

Believe me, I was and still am hoping that the Callaway becomes a can't miss club for me and a weapon for me. But I recently purchased the g30 to compare it to and see if it can improve me. I'm a driver away from being back to pretty darn good at this silly game.

• 9 months later...

I know I'm a little behind, but I just picked up one of  these, XR 10.5* driver, I am itching to get out. I'm a bit of a hacker and it sounds like this should be a little more forgiving than the 20 year old inherited Wilson 1 wood I've been using. 

:)

• Like 1

Dr: Callaway XR '15 9.5* S - Project X (LH)

3WD: Taylormade M3 XS Aldila (LH)

3H: Cobra F6 19.5* S (LH)

4-AW: Taylormade PSi KBS Tour S120 (LH)

SW: Nike CCI cast (LH)

LW: Cobra Pur 60* widelow (LH)

P: Scotty Cameron Sonoma 33" (2012) (RH)

I know I'm a little behind, but I just picked up one of these, XR 10.5* driver, I am itching to get out. I'm a bit of a hacker and it sounds like this should be a little more forgiving than the 20 year old inherited Wilson 1 wood I've been using.

:)

I played with a guy today swinging one of those. Hope you like it!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch