TESTERS WANTED! ×

Vice Pure Glove

Fireinthehole

I have finally begun to take notice of Direct-to-Consumer brands and am embarking on an expedition of sorts to find out, is "better" out there?

The current Journey is for a Glove.

Background:

Shortly after starting to play golf, I settled on the Titleist Perma Soft glove, It was somewhat cheaper (due to club discount). It was soft, but not long after many rounds it would get stretched out in the palm and did not fit very good between my thumb and index finger- actually it never really did fit well fresh out of the box either.

A couple of years ago there was the most wanted glove, in which the Footjoy Pure Touch took top honors. I had never heard of it before, checked it out and absolutely loved it. I am forever ruined by it. Perfect fit and comfortable, but PRICEY as all heck. $29.00 or whatever depending on your location, is no bargain.

So then I did some testing with the Bridgestone Tour glove which felt just as good, not as thin, but I dont really care about that. But it wasn't remarkably cheaper. Strong performer none the less.

So then I start seeing Vice Golf ads. I check out the site because their hats look sweet. Then I see the glove, looks relatively clean. Now for one it is $19.95, but three run you 47.85 ($15.95 per glove). I decided to go through with three, figured I can return the others.

Now the packaging looks sweet, and is in a convenient zip locked package. The glove itself has a duller white, than the Footjoy Pure Touch, or Titleist Perma Soft.

Package.jpeg

Fit:

The sizing guide states that you should take whatever size you are in a Footjoy pure touch or Titleist players. For me that is ML- I like a snug fit and helps with any stretching. When this arrived. I put it on and I must say it was spot on with the sizing of the Footjoy pure touch. I didn't have to crank on the velcro tab to close it.

*For the record if you are a right handed golfer, select "Left hand", i got mixed information and ended up with three gloves for my right hand by mistake- customer service took care of it for me.

Top wrist - Copy.jpeg

Palm.jpeg

Feel/ Build:

It is thicker than a Footjoy Pure Touch, seems on par with a Titleist Perma soft or Footjoy StaSof. I will say that it doesn't feel as soft as the Pure Touch or like the Titleist Perma Soft, but retains its soft feeling better than the Titleist Perma soft. The velcro strap feels sturdy and like it will not give out, one thing I have never been impressed from the Titleist Perma Soft. There is an orange tab that says Vice- which seems redundant to me given it says Vice on the Velcro tab too.

Side Wrist.jpeg

Here is a closer look of the Velcro tab, it says "Do it with passion or not at all"

Tab.jpeg

I don't think it is disruptive, here is a pic at address.

At address.jpeg

Durability: This is always a tough part for me because I am not hard on my gloves, They don't wear much, I posted a photo of a footjoy pure touch that I used for almost 6 months. I will update with pics. It has retained its shape better than the Footjoy StaSof and Titleist perma soft do by this point (11 rounds of 18).

Conclusion:

I was impressed with the quality and fit of the glove. Being a newbie in the industry, I think this is a strong foot forward for Vice. I would rank this glove in the mix with the Footjoy StaSof and Titleist Perma Soft/ Players (though not as thin as the players.). It was not as thin as the Footjoy Pure Touch, if that is important to you, nor as soft. I place the Footjoy Pure Touch in another level, but then again it is almost $10* more.

Unfortunately what feels like A to me, might feel like B to you. I think this glove is worth throwing in the mix, if anything to break the mundane routine. I like the fit of the glove and its easier hit on my wallet. Its given me confidence in trying out more of their products. I'd like to see a black option added as well.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Good review. Might be worth a look. Do they do any other styles?

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Nice write up Fire -- will have to give these a try.  I just picked up some of the MG gloves - they're.....okay.  Not great, but for what turned out to be $5 per glove, they'll do.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Good review, I have this glove currently and agree completely, the orange tap unstitched after the first use and caused the glove stitching to open, I contacted customer service for Vice and they mailed me out a new one right away. Definatly worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Good review. Might be worth a look. Do they do any other styles?

Tazz

Unfortunately not at this time. They have some nice hats too worth a look too.

My Mixed-Bag:

Nice write up Fire -- will have to give these a try. I just picked up some of the MG gloves - they're.....okay. Not great, but for what turned out to be $5 per glove, they'll do.

Those mg gloves are just such a deal aren't they?!

My Mixed-Bag:

I feel like this would be a good add on for a ball order

Definitely! Nite I'll have to try the vice pro plus asap

My Mixed-Bag:

Good review, I have this glove currently and agree completely, the orange tap unstitched after the first use and caused the glove stitching to open, I contacted customer service for Vice and they mailed me out a new one right away. Definatly worth a try.

I'll have to be on the look out for that. I was tempted to just cut it off!

My Mixed-Bag:

I'll have to be on the look out for that. I was tempted to just cut it off!

I think it was just a fluke, second one is on tight and I've used it for about 15 rounds so far

I've worn the MG gloves (Dyna-Grip & Elite) for years. I personally prefer the Elite. Can't tell you how many I've been through but in all that time I've maybe had two.. or three that ripped or developed a hole prematurely. Unlike John I think they are better than just okay. IMHO I think they are one of the best deals in golf.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've worn the MG gloves (Dyna-Grip & Elite) for years. I personally prefer the Elite. Can't tell you how many I've been through but in all that time I've maybe had two.. or three that ripped or developed a hole prematurely. Unlike John I think they are better than just okay. IMHO I think they are one of the best deals in golf.

Totally agree.

Honesty MG has a lot of quality in various items.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Yeah Tazz - I've worn a few of their cotton/poly blend shirts before. Two for $23. I remember they really held up nice and fit well. Washed and dried nicely too.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I've worn the MG gloves (Dyna-Grip & Elite) for years. I personally prefer the Elite. Can't tell you how many I've been through but in all that time I've maybe had two.. or three that ripped or developed a hole prematurely. Unlike John I think they are better than just okay. IMHO I think they are one of the best deals in golf.

I'll concede for the price, they're a great glove. I've found others I like better but the deal they had a while ago was really hard to pass up...4 gloves for $20!  At 5 bucks a glove, they're the greatest thing since, well, you know...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'll concede for the price, they're a great glove. I've found others I like better but the deal they had a while ago was really hard to pass up...4 gloves for $20! At 5 bucks a glove, they're the greatest thing since, well, you know...

Man that is cheap!

I think not being rough with gloves and also not using them at a range (practice what's that?) allows them to live forever for me. Might pick some up just to see with my own eyes or hands

My Mixed-Bag:

MG golf always has buy one get one free. For instance... the Dyna-Grip Elite is their top glove. On their website it's $13.95... for two! That's $6.98 each! I get their emails and sometimes they offer an even better deal.

BTW Fire... I think you did a nice review of the Vice glove.

MG golf always has buy one get one free. For instance... the Dyna-Grip Elite is their top glove. On their website it's $13.95... for two! That's $6.98 each! I get their emails and sometimes they offer an even better deal.

BTW Fire... I think you did a nice review of the Vice glove.

Their sizing on the site is a little odd, so I ordered a ML and a M, figure i can give one to a friend if it doesn't fit. Thanks for update. 

It'll be good to compare. 

My Mixed-Bag:

I currently have about six gloves that i wear in rotation during these Hot Summers.

-Bionic 

-Mizuno

-MG Golf

-Bridgestone e

-Bridgestone Tour

-Zero Friction

I had to take the Zero Friction out of play for now as the synthetic is just too hot to wear right now.  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks! I will totally give these a try after your write up. I personally have had great success with Hirzl. Really good wearability.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Not too happy I ordered mg gloves on 6/29 and hasn't been shipped yet, such a first world problem.

vice got my order and was shipped within less than 24 hrs and showed up from Germany within 5 business days...

My Mixed-Bag:

Nice write up. I'm curious, how many rounds does the average golfer get out of a glove? 3-5 rounds? 6+?

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

Nice write up. I'm curious, how many rounds does the average golfer get out of a glove? 3-5 rounds? 6+?

Grip issues, use of gloved hand to pick this up or clean gloves, taking it off between shots, storage after rounds contribute greatly. I get a lot of rounds out of my gloves, usually switching from stretching out, Velcro giving out, or discoloration from grips and maybe sweat.

My Mixed-Bag:

It would be nice to change gloves mid round like the pros, but good gloves get pricey. I know I usually play a round or two past my glove's expiration date

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

It would be nice to change gloves mid round like the pros, but good gloves get pricey. I know I usually play a round or two past my glove's expiration date

Yeah changing gloves after each 9 is a great way to increase life span, I do that on warmer days

My Mixed-Bag:

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FWIW, for anyone seeking to try these Vice Pure gloves, they are currently sold out in Medium/Large, Large, and Medium.  I'll have to try their site out later though as they have been reviewed positively.

Its the mygolfspy bump! Much like the Ping ketch when it ran the table a few years ago. 

Still stand by this review! I tried the Srixon Z premier glove and it is pretty good, but the sizing is more consistent with the Vice glove. I will say the Srixon is a lot easier to get my hands on and roughly the same price when the 3 pack is considered for vice. 

My Mixed-Bag:

Archived