TESTERS WANTED! ×

Gaming calaway X-14 3 iron instead of 4H

Kkiser8609

Ive never been able to hit a 4H I've probably tried 5 different ones over 3 years. I'm looking around online and see my lofts on my old X-14 are the same lofts as my 4 iron that would go to my set now. I don't have a matching 4 iron. But I tell you what I've always hit that 3 iron like a boss so I got it out the basement and cleaned her up and smacked 10 bombs down the field behind my house! Going to put her in the bag! Anyone here done the same?

I've always had a love-hate relationship with hybrids, but we've recently reached an accommodation. I don't expect much from them, and they deliver...

Recently picked up an Adams Red hybrid tho, and it's performed pretty well for me.  And the new Hogan's show some promise too.  I'm good to a 4-iron, if the current experiment works, I'll stick with 17 and 21 degree hybrids.  I do have a couple of Utility irons that fit the gaps, too, but I need to have my A swing for those and it's been missing for much of the season so far.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I've pretty much given up on hybrids, I put the 3i back in my bag last fall and haven't looked back. I mainly use it off the tee and it works great. I haven't hit it much off of the deck but thats ok with me, if i have a shot that far into the green I'm better laying up.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Archived