Single Length Irons

808nation

Ok today I had a chance to hit the new Cobra F7 single length irons today.  Not what I was hoping for and not my cup of tea at all. .  The distances were shorter than my current irons with way too much right to left movement. To be fair,,,,, this was inside at DGS and things could have been better on an outdoor range however,,, I didn't get that ahhhhh hahhhh feel from em.

OG. I wasn't a fan of the F7 One Length. But then I tried the One Forged, and the rep had to almost pry them back out of my hand, so he could leave, they were that fun to hit.

It was such a stark difference. I was hitting the One forged further and more accurately. It could have been a matter of shaft pairings. But I was very surprised at the lack of performance on the F7 One, considering how great the F6 is.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Rick shields did a review on the forged ones and pointed out what I think might end up being an issue for a lot of people which is the longer irons won't fly high enough to hold any greens

I think Edel/Paderson may have an edge on cobra when it comes to this. We'll see soon.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

OG. I wasn't a fan of the F7 One Length. But then I tried the One Forged, and the rep had to almost pry them back out of my hand, so he could leave, they were that fun to hit.

It was such a stark difference. I was hitting the One forged further and more accurately. It could have been a matter of shaft pairings. But I was very surprised at the lack of performance on the F7 One, considering how great the F6 is.

That's good to know. My local Dick's only had the F7 demos available and they just didn't ring my bell. I'd say for those interested try em as they might be a great fit for you.

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway  Max 6 - PW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Evnroll 
 ER2 Putter

As a pretty big Edel Golf fan (11 of 14 clubs in my bag are Edel), it irks me that (from an outsider looking in) Cobra swooped in, paid DeChambeau a fortune and stole the conversation on one length irons haphazardly in just a few months, while Edel has been developing these for years. I don't know if any of that is actually true, but from a consumer standpoint that's how it looks. Maybe the silver lining will be that the Cobra's don't have the tech advantage of the Edel's.

I do remember a conversation when Bryson first hit the scene with his one length clubs (which at the time his woods were all one length, albeit a few inches longer), about serious swing speed being needed to create gaps in the long irons. I don't think that issue can be overcome by using a 7 iron shaft in all 7 clubs.

Regardless, I'm so excited to try one length irons. As someone whose iron play and greens in regulation has always held them back (avg 40% in college, fairways in regulation averaged 75%), I'm really hoping that it will change my game entirely. I have seen some positives in my current set of tour v, though.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p>