TESTERS WANTED! ×

2011 - Scratch Golf Prototype Blades

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

These irons are 100% custom in every way. They start out as a raw block forging that is over 200 grams heavier than finished weight. This is compared to the 30 extra grams that normal Scratch raw forgings start from. There is no muscle in the raw head at all the muscle and everything else was 100% hand shaped by Don White.

This gives them the freedom to do literally anything they want with them. This specific set is designed to have a specific COG for each club and optimize ball flight especially in the longer irons. This is achieved by using 2 muscle weight pads in the back that are varied based on the COG that Don is putting on the club.

The 20* and 25* have an extra low COG similar to our EZ-1. The 30* and 35* have a low COG. The 40* and 45* have a mid COG and the 50* has a high COG. There are an endless amount of things that they will be able to do with these heads. They could make every club have a high COG or low COG or change it from club to club in a specific way like this set. They can shape the muscle in many different ways. They can even make it into a cavity back.

These are prototypes only right now as they continue to work with them and figure out all what they can do with them. They should be available in 2011 and will be an up-charge over and above the price of our normal Tour Custom Department clubs.

proto-blades-2011-1.jpg

proto-blades-2011-2.jpg

proto-blades-2011-3.jpg

proto-blades-2011-4.jpg

proto-blades-2011-5.jpg

proto-blades-2011-6.jpg

proto-blades-2012-6.jpg

proto-blades-2012-7.jpg

proto-blades-2012-8.jpg

#TruthDigest

Love the loft stamping on the sole, love the look, love the lack of offset, love the ferrules....probably wouldn't love the price tag. I am saving my pennies, though; Scratch irons are probably the only thing (maybe Miuras, too) that could get me out of my Mizzys.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I am really liking the look of these. lefty??

17 yr old lefty

TM burner tp 10.5° w/ aldila rip 60x

Cobra x speed pro 13° w/ grafalloy comp nt 85x

Adams idea pro gold 17° w/ aldila nvs 85x

TM miura forged rac 2005 cb tp 3-pw w/ DGX100

Cleveland CG12 DSG 54° and 58° w/DGS400

Scotty Cameron mil spec 33" 350 grams

0.4 hdcp

lefty shoot this is one of kind here so im guessing if u have enough $$$$ u could get them left and righty!!!!

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Can I demo a set? LOL!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

im loving the way these look, idk where i heard this, maybe i made it up in my head, but is scratch going to make woods? just curious

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Don White is the MAN!!!

Any way we can get an interview with him?

I remember meeting him at the PGA Show back when MacGregor was offering theyre $8000 custom iron set, weekend getaway to the factory in Georgia - $1000 per club and each club was ground by DW himself.

My friend had a old heavy punch dotted sw that i showed him and asked if he could make me a replica of it, he said no prob i asked how much? he pointed me to the man with the suit and tie lol.. it was $1000/club.ohmy.gif

no worries, but i will tell you that i thought long and hard about getting that hand forged macgregor custom set for $8k, and write it off as a business expense.

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

Looks to be from the same mold as the Macgregor Tourney PMB blades from `99 era. I used to own that and it is a very solid stick.

These are ground from a raw forged blank that starts out nothing like the final product. The muscle is hand shaped by Don White. The raw head has no muscle. He can make an endless number of different muscles and even cavity backs from these raw blank heads. The only issue is how long it takes for these to be made. They are literally 200+ grams heavy instead of 30+ grams heavy like our normal raw iron heads. Normally Don can raw grind about 8 clubs in a day. These could take him up to a week.

Ari Techner

President/CEO

Scratch Golf Clubs

ari_techner@scratchgolf.com

I'd like to see one of these in the "raw" format. I'm not a big fan of the dual muscle but Ari claims that they can be made however you want. I'd like to see a high muscle design like a Titleist 681. Can we do that?

I'd like to see one of these in the "raw" format. I'm not a big fan of the dual muscle but Ari claims that they can be made however you want. I'd like to see a high muscle design like a Titleist 681. Can we do that?

We will be able to do pretty much anything with these.

Here is a pic of one of the raw flatback blank heads that was used for this set.

Flatback.jpg

Ari Techner

President/CEO

Scratch Golf Clubs

Can these be made right or left handed?

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

very nice, but i dont want to know how much these are. Those particular ones do look quite a bit like Mac PMB's, of which i still own a set and play them once in a while. Great irons.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

I might have to change brands. Those look sweeeet. I love the lofts on each club, but it might take some getting used to,

' Hand me my 7 iron, Caddie."

UUHH, is that the 35 or the the 30, Doc?

How 'bout an iron number also, it might make things a little easier.

These are bad ass. Can there be anything done to the AR/EZ or they are all set and not much grinding can be done?

Taylormade SLDR 430- Ahina 70S
Titleist 915FD 15*- D+ 80S
Titleist 915H 21*- D+ 90S
Titleist 915H 23*- D+ 90S
Titleist AP2 718 (5-Gap)- Steelfiber i95S
Scratch TD DW 54* & 58* KBS HiRev 125S

Odyssey O-Works 7S

Byron Morgan DH11 360g (carbon)

TP Mills Softail 354g (carbon)
TP Mills Heritage 349g (carbon)
Byron Morgan 006 355g (carbon)
C&L CL1 368g (carbon)

I might have to change brands. Those look sweeeet. I love the lofts on each club, but it might take some getting used to,

' Hand me my 7 iron, Caddie."

UUHH, is that the 35 or the the 30, Doc?

How 'bout an iron number also, it might make things a little easier.

If you order a DW set, then you can get whatever you want on it...

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

We will be able to do pretty much anything with these.

Here is a pic of one of the raw flatback blank heads that was used for this set.

Flatback.jpg

Ari, who's forging the head? Or what foundry are you getting these from and what's the breakdown material wise? Thanks, Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

These would look REALLY good in your bag TWS! Almost as good as your Callys would look in mine. . . :)

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I stand corrected, these are not the Macgregor PMB heads.

But I would like to beleive Mr. Don White designed those heads and even the ones that came after.

The photos show that he is definitely a master craftsman and it is incredible to see him create this irons by hand from virtually nothing. Impressive stuff!

Ari, who's forging the head? Or what foundry are you getting these from and what's the breakdown material wise? Thanks, Tim

Tim,

These specific heads are 1018 carbon steel forgings coming from the same Japanese foundry as our 1018 wedges and other irons. We are also working with a foundry in the USA on forging us pretty much the same raw flatback blank heads out of 1018 carbon steel but doing it here in the USA instead of Japan.

Ari Techner

President/CEO

Scratch Golf Clubs

Archived