TESTERS WANTED! ×

Most forgiving/highest MOI driver on the Market today?

teehead

Can't find another Nike Black Machspeed Square, the head on mine is dented.  Have bought/played a Nike VRS, Cobra FlyZ.  Tried others at demo days.  Still can't find one as forgiving/solid as the Nike Quare even with the head inged up...  Want a big face/high MOI.  And cant seem to find real data, just opinions, ie don't need Golf Digest "ratings", want club face sq in, MOI, COG pos, etc.  Seems like an Iron Byon type could provide some real data.  Used to be able to find some of this stuff on the internet/sites but can't find anything.

Suggests on comparisons?  sites for data?  previous threads?

Thanks

6 HdcpInd, 240 Carry, Play tite course, need control, not yds

I bought callaway xr 16 and I love it I'm 22 handicap so needless to say my ball striking not the best with driver and I consistently hit 270 with it and only every now and then my slice creeps back but would recommend you hit it and I have a 105 swing speed

The Ping G has the highest MOI out there right now.  I found the spin to be relatively low given the forgiveness but be prepared for the sound as I didn't find it particularly pleasing.  I stuffed cotton in my G LS Tech.

My bag is a revolving door!

TaylorMade's 2015 redesigned SLDR-C (Classic) Driver!

SLDR-C Driver.jpg

SLDR-C clubface.jpg

SLDRcrown.jpg

$_57.JPG

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

I love the commitment to the joke.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

He doesn't think it's a joke

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

It is certainly no joke!.  

Those that have never experienced the SLDR-C Driver are always going to be 100% clueless about how it performs.  I get that!...It's no surprise to me!  However when you compare the performance of the SLDR-C to other drivers, you quickly learn the truth about its performance!  

Great performance is a combination of distance, accuracy, forgiveness, and consistency.  This one stands apart because it puts a very bold checkmark in each of those boxes!  I could play ANY Driver on the planet, and having hit a whole lot of drivers, this is my choice because of how it performs across the board.  Heck it even looks great too!

You know, It always pays to keep an open mind!.. :rolleyes:

With a properly fitted premium shaft, the SLDR-C Driver is as good as a driver gets!.. B)  

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

The Ping G has the highest MOI out there right now. I found the spin to be relatively low given the forgiveness but be prepared for the sound as I didn't find it particularly pleasing. I stuffed cotton in my G LS Tech.

Compared to the Machspeed Square, the G is music to my ears :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

You should look at the Mizuno JPX 850. With the ability to move weights around it can do a lot. I've found it to be sneaky long, very forgiving and has a great feel. Comes with a speeder tour spec as a stock shaft.

Driver: SIM2 10.5 turned down to 9.5 with Ventus Blue 6X Velocore

3WD: MAVRIK SZ

5WD: MAVRIK SZ

3i: Titleist U500 w/ Tour AD 95X

5-PW: Mizuno MP20 MMC w/ C-Tape Lite X 115

52: Mizuno T20 Chrome

56 & 60: Cleveland ZipCore Tour Raw

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 (34"/4/71)

Ball: THE Titleist Pro V1x

I have never hit a driver better than my current Nakashima NTec 2.85. Seriously. I'm hitting more fairways, hitting it longer, and I have great confidence in it, which hasn't been the case with previous drivers. There are only two places in the USA to get fitted, but I'm lucky to have been able to get to one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Well I have to admit that I've never seen a SLDR C cracked head in the repair shop at the club.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Well I have to admit that I've never seen a SLDR C cracked head in the repair shop at the club.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's because the only one ever sold is owned by Bobcat

Quite the splash made by Bobcat..slinging insults and a "fantabulous" driver.

Wonder if we will see him again?

My guess would be at the next giveaway post..but hey that's just me.

He probably would not have gone that route without some chiding him on his opinion, or making snarky comments from their high horse.

That aside, can't go wrong with ping

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Eh guess I didn't view them as chiding or high horse remarks.

Regardless seems as though the post has been modified from original form so guess it's better off left for dead...

What I saw was from a different topic, but best to let it die down for now.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

A little controversy now and again doesn't hurt.  I certainly have been in the middle of dishing it out and don't mind being in the middle of receiving it.  If you dish you best expect to get dinged back. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The SLDR-Driver is as good as it gets with a premium shaft! Taylormade still knows how to build a CLASSIC Driver clubhead. Just imagine an SLDR 'S' Mini Driver that has been expanded to 460cc and painted gloss black with silver face and sole plate, instead of matte silver on black like the SLDR Mini Driver. (Note that the sole plate design is identical).  It also has a lower profile head like the SLDR Mini Driver.  In fact, that's pretty much exactly what the SLDR-C Driver is...an SLDR Mini Driver on steroids, with lower lofts and a longer shaft!  

The SLDR-C Driver offers great distance, solid feel, a huge sweetspot and is extremely forgiving, all of which combine to deliver consistently great drives!  The 'haters' here simply don't know what they are talking about!  It is built to the very same quality standard as every other SLDR Driver, just no slider or adjustable hosel, (and none needed), so naturally it listed for less when announced in mid-2015.

The original SLDR 460cc, 430cc and SLDR 'S' clubheads from 2013-2014 were indeed more expensive, but are absolutely horrible when compared to this driver!  I have owned them all, and the SLDR-C Driver is way better!  

Eventually people will learn that there is no direct relationship between price and performance.  I can afford to play any driver, but this is my choice because it performs best for me.  

As for quality, as ironic as it seems, only TM's most expensive M-Family line of products has quality problems, (i.e. paint peeling, ridge forming, cracking, etc.)...So go figure!... :rolleyes:

sldrcrown2.jpg

SLDR-C clubface.jpg

SLDR-C Driver.jpg

MiniDriver.jpg  (Compare the SLDR 'S' Mini Driver Sole Plate)

To be honest, the SLDR C looks like the aeroburner and probably plays similarly. I don't think bobcat is far from the mark. If adjustability isn't needed or wanted (ask Tiger how he feels about it) a properly fit SLDR C could perform as well as any other premium driver.

I am sold. Haven't owned a TM product since the R7 but I am dumping the entire top end of the bag for the SLDR C family.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

New plan, everyone chips in 10 cents and we should have enough to buy a SLDR-C and enter it in to next years Most Wanted testing.

People are fully capable of judging the SLDR-C or any other driver for themselves, I simply made a recommendation from having played the SLDR-C Driver for over a year now, and I stand by everything I have said about it!  

The 'haters' here on the other hand, do not own the driver, have never played a single round of golf with it, and have likely never even hit it, (although some will lie and say they have). I will leave it for the reader to decide if such opinions are 'trustworthy'.  

I suggest trying it outside on a driving range, not in some unreliable 'store' setting.  The stock shaft is pretty typical for Taylormade Drivers, (the same 57 shaft used in the original SLDR), and not optimal for everyone, which is why I have a premium Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s shaft in mine.

Obviously a well-fitted shaft is very important, but not nearly as important as the clubhead itself, and this SLDR-C clubhead is excellent by ANY measure of driver performance, (distance, accuracy, forgiveness and consistency), and it even looks great too!

There is no need to 'loft up' as with the original SLDR's ...In fact, I suggest you try the 9.5* loft first!. As previously stated, it's very much like an SLDR Mini Driver on steroids! Same low profile design and sole plate as seen on the SLDR Mini.  If you have played the SLDR Mini, you know how well that performs, and this is just more of the same!  

This redesigned-for-2015 Taylormade SLDR-C (Classic) Driver is as worthy of a try as any other Taylormade Driver, and perhaps even more so now since it is available currently at an 'unheard of low price'.  If you are actually interested, then by all means, don't take my word for it, (nor the words of the clueless haters here).  Find out the truth for yourself!  Go hit it against your current driver and against the most expensive drivers out there.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised by your own results with this driver, and then you will have learned the truth for yourself, rather than relying on the opinions of others. (Performance is what really counts, not the price you pay).  You can spend a lot more while getting much less performance in return!  This one delivers!

photo-365729.jpg

... I think calling the SLDR-C a piece of crap is a bit much. It is obviously a bargain price club but that doesn't mean it can't perform for you. I have hit it in a sim and it doesn't match up to several others for my swing, but it wasn't like the numbers sucked either. I actually love the look at address and it feels pretty good. But I have maxed out my numbers with the F6 and a Rogue Black 110. Started the season with the M1, LTD and F6. But ended up sticking with the F6 that gives me the best combination to spin, distance and accuracy. 

... It can be repeated over and over again on any golf forum there is. It if works for you, it works for you. Regardless of price or pedigree.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• SPY VIP

Fortunately we have a chart derived from measurements of actual retail parts that can help answer this question (again based on data not opinion).

http://www.mygolfspy.com/2016-driver-cg-advanced-data/

Tab 2 (CGNA & MOI) is the most relevant to this discussion. 

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

The chart above shows the original (2013-2014) SLDR Drivers.  However, you will NOT see the much more forgiving 2015 SLDR-C's (redesigned clubhead) in the above chart.

sldrcrown2.jpg

SLDR-C clubface.jpg

SLDR-C Driver.jpg

The 2016 driver data is interesting but still highly dependent on the individual swinging the club. A guy in my group plays a King Cobra Ltd and he kills it. I fit my titleist 915 d2 very well, when we swap it's worse for both of us even though we're typically within 10 yards with our own. I'm not a fast swinger, 103 with driver but had to a 9.5 to get my flight down. I guess the D2 spins a little more than others so it might make sense.

Them again, the shaft might make just as much if not more difference than the head. I'm gaming rogue silver 60 stiff at 44.25 and lover it.

If distance isn't a consideration, most heads will work well enough, finding the right shaft will be most important IMO...

• SPY VIP

The 2016 driver data is interesting but still highly dependent on the individual swinging the club. A guy in my group plays a King Cobra Ltd and he kills it. I fit my titleist 915 d2 very well, when we swap it's worse for both of us even though we're typically within 10 yards with our own. I'm not a fast swinger, 103 with driver but had to a 9.5 to get my flight down. I guess the D2 spins a little more than others so it might make sense.

Them again, the shaft might make just as much if not more difference than the head. I'm gaming rogue silver 60 stiff at 44.25 and lover it.

If distance isn't a consideration, most heads will work well enough, finding the right shaft will be most important IMO...

Yes and no. Distance...derived from ball speed, launch angle, and spin rates will differ based on impact position, dynamic loft, etc.. That's absolutely dependent on the golfer, and so the driver that provides ideal impact conditions will vary from golfer. 

MOI, however, is a concrete, quantifiable measurement. It does not vary from golfer to golfer. The PING G will be higher MOI for every golfer relative to the M1 for example. It is an absolute.

The shaft does not impact that MOI measurement either. It will have some impact on closure rate and toe droop, but does not alter the actual MOI of the clubhead itself. 

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Hey all........the Slider - C driver is available today from Divot for only $94!

http://www.divot.com/

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm still playing my old 2014 SLDR and loving it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived