TESTERS WANTED! ×

Anybody rolling with the Ghost?

Addicted2Golf

Despite my general disdain for Taylormade as a brand, I tried the TaylorMade Rossa Monza Ghost Putter the other day on the putting green in Golfsmith. I really liked how it framed the ball at address and lined up. The feel was more muted than I'm used to but I made a lot of putts with it. Of course, I always do there so I'm convinced the entire putting green at Golfsmith is somehow designed to funnel balls into the hole. :D

I know its one of the products on the MGS review list so maybe I'll be lucky enough to give it an extended tryout via the lottery. But, in the mean time, does anyone have it in their bag now? Care to share?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I almost bought one the other day (I had a gift cetificate to Golf Galaxy) but then I found a brand new Cameron Red X3 for half of the price of the ghost, so guess which way I went there. :rolleyes:

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

• SPY VIP

Despite my general disdain for Taylormade as a brand, I tried the TaylorMade Rossa Monza Ghost Putter the other day on the putting green in Golfsmith. I really liked how it framed the ball at address and lined up. The feel was more muted than I'm used to but I made a lot of putts with it. Of course, I always do there so I'm convinced the entire putting green at Golfsmith is somehow designed to funnel balls into the hole. :D

I know its one of the products on the MGS review list so maybe I'll be lucky enough to give it an extended tryout via the lottery. But, in the mean time, does anyone have it in their bag now? Care to share?

I'm actually trying to get my hands on one. I bought the first Rosa Monza mallet and have tried like hell to replace it over the years (2 Bettinardis, 1 Goode putter, and 1 Yes!) and still haven't found anything I putt nearly as well with. At this point I'm willing to accept that I'm a TaylorMade mallet guy (oh the horror), and the Ghost seems like my latest best option.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I'm actually trying to get my hands on one. I bought the first Rosa Monza mallet and have tried like hell to replace it over the years (2 Bettinardis, 1 Goode putter, and 1 Yes!) and still haven't found anything I putt nearly as well with. At this point I'm willing to accept that I'm a TaylorMade mallet guy (oh the horror), and the Ghost seems like my latest best option.

Don't know if you have tried the Rife mallets but they put a really nice roll on the ball. If not you should definitely give it a try.

I have a Rife Abaco mallet putter just laying around that I was going to put up on the Bay. Custom paint fill and everything. PM me if anyone is interested.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• 2 months later...

I had a Odyssey sabertooth and loved it , I was lights out with it, so why change right? I got so hyped up on the ghost i went and bought it i played with for 10 rounds and I couldnt get used to how heavy it is.. I would over shoot the cup almost everytime, I just could not get a feel for it, while i love everything about it, i can not get used to it. so now im back to my sabertooth and back putting well.. Although now im looking at a Scotty Cameron newport 2 lol Like i said i love it but i cant use it... On the other side i have a friend who has it he loves it and putts very well with it, So to each his own!

I should be on the green putting for birdie...

Haven't got the ghost... or planning on getting one for that matter...

But saving up to hopefully get LaMont to try and either design me a white putter from scratch or for me to buy a 2nd hand putter and treat it to a nice new white finish while I'm out here in Phoenix!!

(p.s. I know you'll be listening LaMont! ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

the ghost is very nice. monza spider gets my vote though....its just so stable through impact, like putting with a brick wall

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

I've been ghosting with the corza mallet for a little over a month now. I was a devoted Cameron putter for 6 years prior to trying the ghost and I've had the best alignment with it than I had with any Scotty putter in the past. Congrats to TM for coming out with a winner. Haven't tried the daytona version yet, but with the results I'm getting with the mallet not planning to switch anytime soon.

Archived