Our Sponsors

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi dee ho gang---   After careful deliberation, the white smoke is now up and the Selection Committee is emerging from a closed door session to announce the 6 testers for the new Ben Hogan VKTR hybr

Just got home from playing 9 holes tonight and read the message.  Just wow!!  I'm really excited to give these sticks a whirl.  Although my MacGregor irons are the oldest clubs in my bag, I reshafted

(6) Testers Wanted!!!     Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrids     Hybrids are funny clubs.   For some, hybrids are true long iron replacements: easier to hit and designed for a specific distance. For oth

Posted Images

Mike S

Fenton, Michigan

Handicap, 9.3

Lofts, 19 & 22

Also I've tried to insert a picture for my profile but it always says the picture/file is to larger no matter which picture I try to use.

Jules Coleman, 8

Connecticut

Hogan VKTR 19, 23 Regular/graphite

Currently play FT Hi, 27, 31; FT 15, 36,40,44,48 Ping Answer 52,56,60 wedges

Adams XTD Ti 20, 23

Srixon F45, 15

Cobra F6+/ Talamonti light (55g shaft)

Only thing unsettled in my set is hybrids and deciding whether to go route of FTHi lower lofted irons or VKTR hybrids.  In past year I have tried Adams, Srixon, Bridgestone, Callaway and TaylorMade Hybrids and what I would prefer would be hybrids that are replacements for comparable irons rather than an unstable cross between a shorter fairway wood and an iron that perfroms like neither.

Would be happy to give you my opinion on these hybrids as I have already purchased and played with them. It has not been a positive experience. I own and have played with Ben Hogan irons and really like how they play. The same can not be said of the hybrids.

Mackey

No. Va.

18* and 28*

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 * Accra Tour Z TZ6 55 M3 pure 

Fairways: Callaway Mavrick 15*  19*  Accra FX 2.0-100F M3 pure  

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrick 4 Hybrid Accra FX 2.0-100H60 M3 pure  

PXG Gen 3 0311 P 5-Gap  Fujikura Pro 75 REG pure

Callaway Jaws 54/10 F and 58/10 X grind raw  

utter: Scotty Camron Special Select Fastback 1.5  Stock pistol grip 34" w/Stablity shaft

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis USA Ball

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized