TESTERS WANTED! ×

Scratch Golf Clubs win first Major Championship!

Ari Techner

Scratch Golf wants to congratulate Scratch Staff Professional Cristie Kerr on her record breaking performance at the LPGA Championship this week. It was one of the most dominant performances in the history of Major Championship golf. Her 19 under par finish, which tied the lowest score in relation to par ever shot in an LPGA Major, was good for a 12 shot win and the largest margin of victory in the long history of the LPGA Championship. Her incredible performance also vaulted her to the #1 spot in the Rolex World Rankings. She is the first player born in the USA to hold this distinction and the first to win the LPGA Championship since Juli Inkster in 2000. Her 4 rounds in the 60's of 68-66-69-66 left her with a total of 269. Cristie sports our logo on the front of her bag and uses 3 handmade Scratch Tour Custom Department wedges. She has been using Scratch wedges since 2008 and became an official Scratch Staff Professional late in 2009. We could not be more proud to be affiliated with her and to have our clubs in her bag. This win was Cristie's second Major Championship, 14th LPGA Tour win and her second win in the last three weeks. Thank you Cristie for Scratch Golf's first Major Championship victory and congratulations on officially being the best player in the world!

Congratulations Scratch Staff Professional Cristie Kerr!

Cristie Kerr on Scratch Website

LPGA Championship Leaderboard

Ari Techner

President/CEO

Scratch Golf Clubs

ari_techner@scratchgolf.com

Congrats SCRATCH!!! I watched her for a couple of days... It was nice to brag to some of my friends that I had the same brand of wedges she was using.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Congrats Ari and to Cristie for adding another major to her resume. She is certainly playing great golf right now and I'm sure her Scratch equipment is a contributing factor.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Congrats to both Christie and Scratch. I watched every round of that tourney... Christie and her wedges kicked butt!! What an awesome performance! :D

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Congrats to Cristie on her dominating win! Also way to go Ari and Scratch golf!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Congrats to CHristie and to Scratch. Deffinately a brand making a name for itself and one that has my eye also.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Congrats on the win Ari! May you have continued successes. Can you give us her equipment that she played? Was it just wedges or irons as well?

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

Archived