TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Forum Member Review - TOM TOM GOLFER 2 GPS WATCH REVIEW

JBones

TomTom-Golfer-2-GPS-4.jpg

OFFICIAL TOM TOM GOLFER 2 GPS WATCH REVIEW

GPS is becoming the go-to device for distance measurement.   While laser gives you precise distance, the front/middle/back distances of the GPS units are a huge benefit.  Follow along as our members review the Tom Tom Golfer 2 GPS watch to see how it stacks up against other devices.

Golfzilla2069        Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

Golfin Hoosier     Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

kmaygolf              Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

stroker Ace          Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

Let us know what you think!

Visit Tom Toms website HERE

Like Tom Tom on Facebook HERE

Follow Tom Tom on Twitter HERE

Official TomTom Golfer 2 GPS Review Stage 1

635959745682318900ZK.png

It's tech time!  Time to review the new TomTom Golfer 2 GPS watch.  Let me get you up to speed on me a

Hdcp: 5.5

Equipment: Driver: TaylorMade R15

3 Wood: TaylorMade R15

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Rescue

Irons:  TaylorMade RSi TP

Wedges:  Taylormade Tour Preferred 50, 54, 58

Ball:  Wilson DUO U

IMG_2423 2.jpg

I've been playing for 30+ years now, and am probably more obsessed with the game than ever.  I just logged my 39th round of the year, which may not be that impressive until you take into account that I am not retired and Minnesota is frozen for nearly 5 months of the year.    

I am a big fan of the game and everything around it.  I love to watch PGA golf and am not ashamed to admit that I am influenced by what the pros play and wear.  I like to dress sharp when I go to the course and I am not afraid to use plaid for intimidation.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The strengths of my game are consistency and accuracy from 150 yards in.  My 50, 54 and 58 degree wedges give me 100, 110 and 120 yards reliably.  So I rely on GPS and laser readings to give me accurate numbers.  I embrace technology and am not afraid to use it if it can help my game.  I have owned a SkyCaddie in the past, but currently use a Callaway laser range finder.  I switched to the laser because I got tired of guessing where the exact pin location and distance was and I really wanted the exact number to the flag. The TomTom GPS watch is appealing to me because I do miss having numbers to the back and front of the green as well as to hazards.  Also, on the occasions when you can't get a line to the flag.

My initial impression of TomTom is that they have been a trusted name in automotive navigation for a long time and they are Dutch.  Who doesn't like the Dutch!  Wooden shoes, tulips, windmills and Goldmember.

images.jpeg

I received my watch in the mail and was quite pleased with my initial impression.  The packaging is sharp, and felt high end, almost like I was opening an Apple product.  The many features of the watch are highlighted on the box, and let me tell you, there are many.  Precise GPS data to hazards.  Precise distances to front, center and back of green.  Green View.  Pre-loaded course data from 40,000 courses.  Automatic scorecard.  Smart shot detection.  When you download the TomTom app you can wirelessly sync your watch to your phone get a shot history analysis of your round. 

IMG_2401 2.jpg

IMG_2402 2.jpg

A quick charge and set up, which I will go into detail on the full review, and the watch was ready to go.  The adjustable band makes sizing a snap and it fits comfortable on the wrist.  I have seen a few GPS watches and some have not been too easy on the eye.  Gaudy, square monstrosities with push buttons popping out from everywhere.  The TomTom watch is a sleek, light weight clean design.  With a large screen and only one button, it is a good looking watch.

IMG_2420 2.jpg

IMG_2421 2.jpg

I can't wait to put it to the test on the course and try out the cool features.  Let me know what questions you might have, and I will field test them as well!

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

Official TomTom Golfer 2 GPS Watch Review

IMG_2420 2.jpg

A quick recap on me as a player.  I am a 37 year Minnesotan who has whittled his handicap down to a 4 this year.  The strength of my game is my short game and wedge play.  I hit the ball a little longer than average but by no means am I a bomber.  I am a brand loyal consumer that tends to lean towards the big companies but am also willing to try products from the little guy.  My current bag is TaylorMade woods and irons.  I have owned a SkyCaddie in the past and currently use a Calloway laser range finder. 

IMG_2419 2.jpg

Performance

As a guy who has not removed his current watch since Bush was in office, I was a little concerned that it would be a bother changing watches and charging it all of the time but the watch slips off and on so easily and charges is a snap that it's well worth it to have numbers at the ready.  It is comfortable and light weight that you hardly know it is there.  Set up was described in stage 1 so I will get to the meat and potatoes.  The Golfer 2 watch is super easy to use.  One button rules all!  The four way button makes navigating through the menus a breeze.  When you arrive at the course, one push to right and the watch finds the course you are at.  No preloading courses, nothing extra to buy, just tee it up.  As expected front middle and back yardages are prominently displayed on the main screen.  Hole number, par and dogleg info is also there at a glance.  One of my favorite features is the yardage from your last shot.  Shot recognition starts the meter running from your last shot.

IMG_2406 2.jpg

Advancing to the right opens up more information about the hole.  Hazards are displayed with a front and back number to clear them.  One neat feature is that you can zoom in to get a more accurate  view of those hazards.  By simply covering and uncovering the screen with your hand, you will enter a zoomed in mode with hazards more accurately detailed.

IMG_2410 2.jpg

Scrolling up and down will bring you additional features such as elapsed time of the round, clock time, calories burned, green view, and layup yardages.   Not that any of you MGS readers ever lay up but incase you hypothetically needed to know how far to hit to leave an approach shot of 100, you have that available.

IMG_2497.jpg

The GPS readings were for the most part very accurate and honestly that is what having a GPS watch is all about.  However, every now and then I would get a curious number.  On one occasion, I have a reading of 113 to the front and 120 to the middle.  My laser gave me a reading of 112 to the pin.  Small differences like that are enough to make one grab the wrong wedge.  For the most part though, I was rather pleased with having info on the front and back yardages.  It definitely gave a feel for the size of the window I was shooting to.  One drawback though, there is no option to move a cursor around to get an approximate yardage to where you think the pin is. For a player such as myself, I rely on an accurate number to the flagstick to pull the correct wedge.  

The shot tracking tracking feature was easily the most unreliable feature of the watch.  In theory, it is a fantastic idea.  The watch will record all shots and not pick up any practice swings.  It sounds too good to be true and sadly it at times, was too good to be true.  At least half of the time my watch would recognize my practice swing as the real deal.  Fortunately, I think the watch doesn't count the next swing until you have moved to the next location.  Extra shots can easily be added or subtracted from the hole and you are in that menu anyways because you have to manually enter you putts per hole.  

The scorecard feature is also a nice touch for those who like to keep track of stats and the scorecard on the watch.

Course Score 50

Performance notes

​How did it perform?   The watch and GPS performed flawlessly.

​Were you pleased with how it performed?  Yes

Compare it with what you currently use.  â€‹The Golfer 2 watch gave me great information on front back and middle and on hazards as well as many cool features but sometimes all you really want is the number to the flagstick which is all my laser provides me

What factors were you pleased with?  Despite being somewhat unreliable, I actually like the shot tracker aspect of the watch.

Did it help you on the course?  Without a doubt yes.  Know yardages is vital to scoring.  Having number to layup distances was a nice feature for par 5 management.

What features were lacking? It would be nice to put in a pin location and perhaps have a higher resolution of the green and surrounding hazards.

​What improvements would you like to see?  It would be nice to see some customization of the display face of the clock and a higher resolution of the graphics.

IMG_2435.jpg

Subjective

​The appearance of the packaging is top notch.  It has the look of an Apple product.  You really feel like you are getting a quality item.  With 10 rounds of play under my belt with the watch, it is holding up very well.  Durability does not seem to be an issue.  With only one button, it seems less likely to have problems due to an excess of buttons.  I have played with it in rain and wind without issue.  In Minnesota, I may have the option to play in the snow as well.  While printed instructions may have been sparse the watch is very intuitive on how to use it and there are plenty of online tutorials as well.

Looks Score 8 out of 10

While I may not wear it for a night on the town, it is still a sharp looking golf watch.

IMG_2430 2.jpg

Likelihood of Purchase

​​Wearable technology has appealed to me for along time.  While my laser range finder remains my number one tool for yardages, there is no doubt that if you can afford it, it is a nice luxury to have that extra piece of information in your arsenal.  The watch really shines when you are a new course and don't know the hazard situation.

LOP Score 17

Conclusion and Final Score 75

In conclusion, the TomTom Golfer 2 GPS watch is a fine product in the arsenal of range finding.  It all boils down to what you are looking for in yardages.   If easy, at you wrist yardages to the front back and middle are what you are looking for then this is the product for you.  TomTom is a trusted name in GPS.  In addition, there are many features that make this watch a lot of fun too.  My personal favorite is the shot tracking if not for anything but to see how far you bomb your drive.  The scorecard feature is neat as well and lets face it, there is a coolness factor when your watch tells you how far out your are.  

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

Stage 1

Let's start with some Q&A shall we...

Handicap:

I don't really have an official "GHIN" handicap but if I were to put a number on it I'd say I'm a 13 on a par 72 course ... sometimes a bit above 85 and sometimes a bit below. Never broken 80 but had a couple of 81/82 rounds. Usually don't get above 90 unless something really bad is going on.

Strengths of my game:

This is like that job interview question where they ask you what your weaknesses are. :)

I suppose if I had to pick some strengths (and they're not great)

• I can hit my driver pretty well and most times it goes pretty far for an average golfer (270)
  • I usually make good contact with the ball and I'm not bad at chipping
Weakness of my game:

NOW we're talking! :) :)

My weakness is definitely my putting; if I had a nickel for the number of times I've been on in regulation and ended up with bogey...

I'm also not very good with long irons (4i+) but thankfully the hybrids have helped with that

Have I used a GPS device/watch before:

Yes.

On my Android phone I have an app called “SkyDroid” and it is good, not great; it gives distances to the pin and it is within a few yards of being accurate.

I also bought a Bushnell Medalist laser rangefinder on ebay this year - this is good but a couple things I found about these. 1) you have to hold it pretty still to lock on to the flag. 2) if the pin doesn't have a reflector built in it takes a few times to get an accurate read

I also had (but no longer use) a Bushnell NEO GPS that only held about 10 courses and you had to have a yearly membership to a site in order to download the course files; this one clipped onto your belt and was just an early version of what a basic app does - distance to front/middle/back; sometimes it was off by about 5-10 yards.

I have never had a GPS watch and have never worn a watch (or anything on my wrist) while playing.

Disclaimer: I am not extremely accurate with my irons/wedges. I'm more of a 5/10 golfer meaning that if the distance is 135 or 140 then that makes a difference to me. If it is 137 to a back pin then I just kind of either round up or down...

Do you embrace techie stuff or are you tech-phobic?

Absolutely! I have worked in the IT field since I was 18 and it is important in my career to embrace new technology…both good and bad. And if it can help my game just a little bit – I'm all over it!

What makes you love the game?

I love to play and enjoy the game tremendously. I was born and raised on the west coast in Oregon's Willamette valley and love being outside with nature, the trees, streams, birds, mountains, etc. To me golf is a beautiful walk (I always walk whenever I can) amidst the beauty of Mother Nature and playing the game is just the cherry on top! I try not to take it too seriously but being naturally competitive try to do my best at no matter what I do. I love the feel of hitting the ball on the sweet spot, I love sound of the ball falling in the cup after a putt, I love the thud the ball makes on the green when you hit a great approach shot, I love the spray of the sand onto the green when you make a great shot out of the bunker, I love watching how far I can make that little white ball go…. I could go on and on but there is just something about it that keeps me coming back.

How long have you been golfing?

I've never had any lessons and when I left the Marine Corps in 94 and moved to North Carolina my buddy and I started playing. I have played off and on since then and within the last 7 years (since '09) have been playing pretty consistently. I started in the 95-100 range, managed to get down to the low 90's after a few years and within the last couple of years have been in the mid 80's. I'm hoping to keep that pace up and get down to the low 80's/70's soon!!

What kind of golfer are you?

I suppose I'm semi-aggressive. I'm the type of golfer that loves to smash the ball which sometimes gets me in trouble. I typically don't play to lay up and find it painfully frustrating when I absolutely have to.

What's your story?

I live in Franklin, MA in a town of about 28m southwest of Boston. I'll be 44 this August and I have 2 boys (12/9) and have been married for 15 years. I'm a huge sports fan; play basketball at least once a week and sometimes twice, run half-marathons and at least one of the tv's in our house is on either the Golf Channel, a golf tournament or Sportscenter; in the winter it's all about football and fantasy football. ;)

As I said earlier, I'm a proud veteran of the United States Marine Corps and have been in Information Technology since 1991. I've lived in all 4 “corners” of the US (Oregon/Cali/NC,GA/Mass) and work at Boston University in Information Systems & Technology doing data analytics.

I play weekly in a 9 hole scramble with some work guys and try to get out 2-3 times a month to play 18. I also hit the range at least once per week.

The season is only about 7-8 months here, depending on the weather; from around April/March and into early November sometimes. If you don't mind wearing warm clothes and 2 gloves you can probably play a lot longer but I'm not a big fan of playing in a freezing wind on frozen ground...

I'm also a cubicle dweller from 9-5, five days a week, so my "down time" is usually after work or on the weekends. With 2 boys and a wife, I have to manage my 'golf life' with my 'family life'. It's a tricky balance sometimes.

What is in your bag?

My WITB post - http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/16298-strokerace-witb/

I've posted a WITB on the forum, but briefly…

Driver: Cobra Bio-Cell+ stiff Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 set to 8.5

3W: Callaway XR 15* Project X LZ stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway XR 22* Project X LZ stiff shaft

Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 4-P (std L/L/L; stiff KBS Tour V 110)

Wedges: Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/58

Putter: Cleveland TFi 2135 6.5

What region do you play out of?

I play in the Northeast region (MA/NH/RI/VT/ME). I'd love to travel and play other places but just haven't been able to make it happen…. YET!

Questions I had about the watch (not knowing anything about it):

• Will it be too ‘big' and inhibit my swing?
  • Will it give me the information I care about quickly and easily?
  • Will be too complex and will I spend too much time tinkering with it rather than just playing?
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY: Will it make me a better golfer?
Let's get to the goods...

Unboxing...

Easy to get out of the box; attractive packaging; not too cumbersome with a lot of "stuff" to cut through.

Front

DSC04160.JPG

Back

DSC04162.JPG

What's inside..

Pretty simple - the watch, a usb charging cable, and a user guide

DSC04163.JPG

The band is adjustable (see yellow arrow..) and has a nice "latch" connection that seems to stay on very well.

DSC04165.JPG

DSC04176.JPG

Sizing...

When I first opened it I thought it was kind of big.[/fo

DSC04169.JPG

DSC04168.JPG

DSC04170.JPG

DSC04172.JPG

DSC04175.JPG

DSC04178.JPG

DSC04180.JPG

DSC04158.JPG

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Hey guys... sorry for the delay on Stage 2.  Been on vacation for 10 days and getting back into the swing of things.

A recap on my Stage 1:

> 13 handicap

> have never used a GPS watch but have used laser and app on phone

> love tech stuff (I work in IT)

> been golfing seriously about 7 years

> semi-aggressive golfer

> play in the Northeast (Boston, MA area)

Questions I had prior to trying the watch...

> Will it be too ‘big' and inhibit my swing?

> Will it give me the information I care about quickly and easily?

> Will be too complex and will I spend too much time tinkering with it rather than just playing?

> MOST IMPORTANTLY: Will it make me a better golfer?

Things that I wanted to test when I used the watch:

> course recognition

> distance to green; front, back, center

> distance to hazards, front, back

> exact distance to EACH hazard on the fwy

> layup points

> graphical visualizations

> view of the green

> distance to hit shot to avoid hazards

> side of green to stay on to avoid any hazards around green

> go for the green or choose to layup

> risk/reward for being aggressive

> are course markings accurate in relation to watch

> is gps signal consistent

> ease of adjusting score/scorecard view

With that in mind... let's go!

Note: I actually played a 9 hole round on my league scramble course but since it is best ball and I have played there many many times I didn't feel it was a fair assessment of the watch

In order to feel like I was REALLY testing the watch I decided to play at a course that I had never played before.  This way I was completely unfamiliar with everything and I had to REALLY rely on the watch.

I played at the Segregansett Country Club in Taunton, MA; a semi-private course where I played by myself for 18 holes.
This was *key* for me as I wanted to take my time, be able to take some photos, and not feel like I was holding anyone up.  

Course recognition; as soon as I arrived I simply scrolled right and within seconds the watch recognized the course I was at and I was ready to go

0.jpg

First hole looking down the fairway it appears pretty much a straight shot with some bunkers 

1a.jpg

Distances if I wanted to layup from either 100, 150 or 200 yards out.

1b.jpg

2 bunkers on the right and this is the 'zoomed' view showing exactly how far to each

1c.jpg

One of the somewhat confusing, but ultimately nice things about the watch is after you're done with the hole you can either manually advance to the next hole or, once you get close enough to the next tee box the watch advances on its own

1d.jpg

The second hole was a dogleg left and as you can see it was critical to know just how far it is to the end of the fairway

2a.jpg

The watch is showing me that along the right side of the fairway is a water hazard that starts around 110 yards out and that the end of the fairway
is about 225 yards

2b.jpg

Made it to the end of the fairway safely... whew!
There is a pretty good size pond in front of me and the hole doglegs to the left... again, really important to get a distance here

2c.jpg

The watch is showing me that it is 144 to clear the pond on the left and 165 if I play to the right.
Note - this is a zoomed view that shows exact distances rather than rounded distances

2d.jpg

Made it over the pond safely and now I have a shot into the green.

2e.jpg

133 to the back, 116 to the middle and 102 to the front

2f.jpg

Made it on the green... out of curiosity I wanted to see if the watch would give me a putting distance.  As a matter of fact it did!
8 yards or approximately 24 feet.  Neat!

2g.jpg

On to the next hole... a blind shot between the trees ... where's the hole?

3a.jpg

Aha.. 314 to the hole, 290 to the front of the green... a bit of a dogleg right.

3c.jpg

Made it to the hole and recorded my putt.

SIDENOTE: You need to manually record your putts.  You can either do it after you putt or you can cover the watch with your hand for 2 seconds and it will display the screen below.
You'll notice that there is also a cancel option if you mistakenly record a putt.  THIS IS NEW!  This wasn't there the first time I used the watch and when I connected it to my PC to charge a new version of the software was downloaded.
What this means is that it sounds like TomTom is adding some new features and fixing any 'bugs' and that the watch will be updated with the most recent version of the software. Can't tell you how great this is!  You don't get a static device but one that will continue to be updated with the best the company has to offer.
  :D 

3d.jpg

This is my approach shot to the next hole.  The green is over the hill and I'm not sure what is up there in regards to any hazards.

4a.jpg

I easily navigated to the green view screen and now I can see that there is bunker on the front left of the green.  Very valuable info!

4b.jpg

This is my second shot into the next hole.  Trouble lurking everywhere.

5a.jpg

Since the tree is in my way and I can't curve the ball like Bubba I need to play a layup.  So I easily navigate to the layup screen and the watch shows me that I need to hit the ball 112 yards to have a 100 yard shot into the green.

5b.jpg

BREAK TIME... I had a friend on the course watching me closely!

6.jpg

Back to business...  Green surrounded by bunkers here... Need to be precise with this next shot

7a.jpg

I am able to easily zoom in and see the distance to each of the bunkers!

7b.jpg

Long par 3 across the road.  Bunker on the left front and right.

8a.jpg

First screen shows me rounded distances but I need more precise measurements as this is a par 3

8b.jpg

Simply place my palm over the screen for 2 seconds and get exact distances to the front and back of each bunker!

8c.jpg

Another tricky par 3 with trouble all around...

10.jpg

Just like the last hole, I simply place my palm over the watch for 2 seconds and I get exact distances to the hazards

10b.jpg

At the end of a long and hot day I'm finished.  
This is an image of the scorecard screen where I can adjust both the number of strokes and number of putts for any hole.

11.jpg

I have one video I was able to take.  Very hard to walk with a cart, hold one arm steady and record with the other one!
This shows how the watch counts down the distance to the hole as you're walking to your ball.
Video

Post round recap....

You might recall I had a few questions/concerns that I wanted to address.

Questions I had prior to trying the watch...

> Will it be too ‘big' and inhibit my swing?

No.  I was pleasantly surprised that this neither interrupted my swing nor was a distraction.
The watch has a nice rounded curve on the band so that it fits comfortably on your arm.

> Will it give me the information I care about quickly and easily?

Absolutely!  And then some... Layups, hazards, distances - rough and exact.

> Will be too complex and will I spend too much time tinkering with it rather than just playing?

Yes and no.  The first 2 times I tried the watch it was a bit of a distraction.  If all that you want are distances and don't want to touch it during your round then first time out you will be used to it.
If you're interested in using all of the features it will take you 1 or maybe 2 times to get used to it and after that it will be no problem because you will become very familiar with it.  Think of it kind of like your first smartphone.  Took a little while to figure it out but afterwards it became second nature.

> MOST IMPORTANTLY: Will it make me a better golfer?

Absolutely!  I'm not bad at estimating but based on the course I played above I'd guess I would have lost 5 or more strokes had I not known various distances.

Things that I wanted to test when I used the watch

> Course recognition

Very good.  Once I got to the course I was able to toggle to the right and within 30 seconds it recognized the correct course I was at.

> distances to green; front, back, center

Excellent.

> distances to hazards, front, back

Very nice; I think this is the BEST feature of the watch!

> exact distance to EACH hazard on the fwy

Again, outstanding.   The ability to zoom in is an incredible feature.

> layup points

Yes.  Although I don't lay up often the ability to have this information at my fingertips is very nice.

> graphical visualizations

Quite a bit packed into this little watch and they do a good job showing bunkers, water, etc.

> view of the green

This was good but probably the least used feature.

> distance to hit shot to avoid hazards

No question.  This is critical to avoiding those big numbers!

> side of green to stay on to avoid any hazards around green

As shown above, when there is a blind shot into the green it is very nice to have this info.

> go for the green or choose to layup

the layup screen is helpful here.  most of the time I go for it but when I'm blocked out this is superb.

> risk/reward for being aggressive

the hazard distances as well as distance to the greens answers this question rather easily.

> are course markings accurate in relation to watch

I meant to take a few photos of the distances on the ground at the course but I found that the watch was either exact or within 1-3 yards.

> is gps signal consistent

Superb!  I never did lose a signal and I played on a very cloudy and overcast day.

> ease of adjusting score/scorecard view

This is what takes a little to get used to but once I did it was a breeze.  Having the score right at hand after every hole is great.  Not sure I'll use a scorecard again.   B)

All in all this is a fantastic little watch.  I am very pleased with how it has performed on the course; it does everything I could want and more.

I'm going to play a few more rounds with it before I give my final verdict in my Stage 3 review, but so far it is replacing both my laser rangefinder and my Android app and - as someone who had never tried one before and kind of poo-poo'd them when the first came out - I am very pleasantly surprised!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Stage One

First off, I'd like to thank MGS and TomTom for this opportunity, it is very much appreciated. 

Upon opening the Fedex envelope, I was greeted by a small, good looking box.  I think I expected there to be more, not sure why, I mean, it is a small product after all.  Only 3 things in the box, the watch, the charger and manual…what more could you need.

20160714_201255.jpg

20160715_154350.jpg

One thing about the charger that could be a slight drawback, it is a VERY specific connector, so if you lose it, you will be at their mercy to find a replacement, no going to Walmart and getting a generic one.

20160718_162213.jpg

The watch feels like a quality product, not flimsy or cheap in any way.   The clasp is pretty easy to operate, but I did notice the strap slides out of the clasp pretty easily, if you don't keep a little pressure on it when putting it on.  Overall, it's a good looking product, I won't get into any functionality here, as that is more of a Stage 2 thing.

20160718_162246.jpg

20160718_162233.jpg

20160718_162314.jpg

20160718_162348.jpg

Now on to the interview/introduction process.

• Handicap? (Or average score)  I don't keep an official handicap, but guess it would be around 18-20, average score usually a little over 90, maybe high 80's if things are going extremely well.
  • Strengths of your game? Not sure I really have a big strength, probably chipping and putting if I had to put a label on it.  It's part of the game I really enjoy as well.
  • Weakness of your game?  Distance, being older, I can't hit the long ball with the youngin's anymore.  I have to make up for it with accuracy, when I'm able to.
  • Have you used a GPS device/watch before?  I have a Garmin Approach G5, It's been very handy and I like it a lot.  It doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles, but it gives me the information I'm looking for.  But I am excited to test a similar product against it.
  • Do you embrace techie stuff or are you tech-phobic?  I'm not the best with technology, but I embrace it.  Anything that can make the game a little easier and more enjoyable, I am all for. 
  • What makes you love the game?  I love the relaxation factor and being able to spend time with friends and family.  I try not to take the game too seriously, it's supposed to be fun, after all.
  • How long have you been golfing?  Off and on for my adult life.   I've been playing a lot more lately, because I have more free time on my hands. 
  • What kind of golfer are you?  I play because I enjoy the game and try not to be too competitive.  I do it because it's fun and I get to spend time w/ friends and family.  I don't take myself or the game too seriously
  • What's your story?  At 65, I'm sure I'm older than the average MGS'er.  But I still love golf.  I'm retired, so it gives me more opportunity to play, although I'm not an everyday player. I enjoy watching the game as well and seeing all these young guys that are such good players, and seem like really nice guys as well.  Spieth is my current favorite, but do love watching Lefty and Kuch as well.
  • What is in your bag? Have a TaylorMade R11 driver and RBZ 3 wood, and old set of Dunlop irons that I'd like to upgrade sometime soon.  They are old, but I'm comfortable with them and they get the job done good enough.  I'm sure there is something better for me out there though.
  • What region do you play out of?  I'm from NorthEast Indiana, and really only play the local courses.  I don't travel to play much.  I play for fun, and I can have just as much fun around here.  Body needs a break in the winter anyways.

As far as initial impressions of TomTom as a company, to be honest, I didn't even know they made a golf product.  I know at one time, they were one of the top GPS companies for making products for your car (I even owned one).  I have a positive view of their company because of that reputation, but like I said, didn't even know they were in the golf business.

13714502_10210100436651913_1464248835_n.jpg

As for GPS watches in general, at first, I thought they were a little ‘gimmicky'.  I mean, will I even be able to read the screen?  But as they have become more popular, I've kept an open mind.  The biggest hinderance this product may have for me is, that I'm not a big watch wearer.  I'm not always comfortable having something on my wrist, so as I review this product, comfort will be a huge factor.  I don't want to know it's there when I'm not using it.

STAGE 2

Player Intro (repeating from stage 1)

·        Handicap? (Or average score)  I don't keep an official handicap, but guess it would be around 18-20, average score usually a little over 90, maybe high 80's if things are going extremely well.

·        Strengths of your game? Not sure I really have a big strength, probably chipping and putting if I had to put a label on it.  It's part of the game I really enjoy as well.

·        Weakness of your game?  Distance, being older, I can't hit the long ball with the youngin's anymore.  I have to make up for it with accuracy, when I'm able to.

·        Have you used a GPS device/watch before?  I have a Garmin Approach G5, It's been very handy and I like it a lot.  It doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles, but it gives me the information I'm looking for.  But I am excited to test a similar product against it.

·        Do you embrace techie stuff or are you tech-phobic?  I'm not the best with technology, but I embrace it.  Anything that can make the game a little easier and more enjoyable, I am all for. 

·        What makes you love the game?  I love the relaxation factor and being able to spend time with friends and family.  I try not to take the game too seriously, it's supposed to be fun, after all.

·        How long have you been golfing?  Off and on for my adult life.   I've been playing a lot more lately, because I have more free time on my hands. 

·        What kind of golfer are you?  I play because I enjoy the game and try not to be too competitive.  I do it because it's fun and I get to spend time w/ friends and family.  I don't take myself or the game too seriously

·        What's your story?  At 65, I'm sure I'm older than the average MGS'er.  But I still love golf.  I'm retired, so it gives me more opportunity to play, although I'm not an everyday player. I enjoy watching the game as well and seeing all these young guys that are such good players, and seem like really nice guys as well.  Spieth is my current favorite, but do love watching Lefty and Kuch as well.

·        What is in your bag? Have a TaylorMade R11 driver and RBZ 3 wood, and old set of Dunlop irons that I'd like to upgrade sometime soon.  They are old, but I'm comfortable with them and they get the job done good enough.  I'm sure there is something better for me out there though.

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Performance

Describe the following:

• How easy is the TomTom Golfer 2 to use?  Very simple to setup and use, very little tech knowledge needed
  • Are the different screens easy to access ?  Navigation was very easy, only the 1 button to worry about here
  • Was it easy to get started? Again, extremely easy, especially for basic functions.  It already knows what course you a closest to
  • How accurate are the readings?  I found it to be right on par with my Garmin G5 and Golf Logix, readings were almost identical.
  • What features proved to be the most useful? Obviously, the yardage is the main feature, and I found it to be very useful.  Shot tracking yardage was also a great feature, that I really liked
  • The least useful? All of the features are useful, I will just put stats here, because I'm not big into keeping them
  • How is the stat/shot tracking feature? Easy to use, a great feature for someone who is into that
  • Is the information easy to use? Is it accurate?  I found it to be very easy to use, and the yardages were dead on
  • Are the stats beneficial?  To the right player, they certainly would be…just not my thing
  • Is it comfortable to wear? Is it a distraction while you play?  I'm not a big watch wearer, but I found it to be pretty comfortable.  I'm not crazy about having something on my wrist though, so it's a draw-back…but certainly not the fault of the device, it is well designed.

1120160806_100120.jpg

Course Score: (Out of 65 points) 50

Performance Notes

• How did it perform?  It performed well, but there were a few problems.   It was very sensitive in counting strokes from practice swings.  This got very annoying, constantly adjusting and taking strokes off.  You really didn't even have to take a swing, if I just moved my arm to quickly, it would register a stroke.  This was a pretty big, consistent problem.  (this was the biggest knock in the above score out of 65)
  • Were you pleased with how the accessory performed?  Overall yes, with a few annoyances
  • Please compare and contrast it to what you are currently using?  Compared to my garmin G5, it performed well, as the yardages were always very close.  The Garmin doesn't have any of the statistical capabilities.
  • What factors were you pleased with?  Ease of use and accuracy.  Even though I don't like having something on my wrist, it was nice to just glance at it.
  • How did it compare to your current accessory?  It has many more features and is just as easy to use
  • Did it help you on the course? Yes, gave me accurate yardages
  • What factors did you find lacking?  The practice swing was the biggest problem, perhaps there is a way to turn down the sensitivity?
  • What improvements would you like to see?  Less sensitive to practice swings
  • What would you do away with? I wasn't a big fan of it ‘buzzing' when you go from one hole to the next

13866605_10210173001705994_1887623517_n.jpg

IMG_3509.JPG

Subjective

Looks & Durability

Describe the following:

• Apprearance/graphics/packaging.  Good looking product, very simple and sleek
  • Short term/long term durability.  Have had no problems with it, even played in a small rain
  • Instructions - clear and understandable?  Very simple and easy to use
  • IMG_3511.JPG

Looks Score: (Out of 10 points)   9

Likelihood of Purchase

How likely would you be to purchase this accessory? Unlikely

• Why or why not? Only say that, because personally, it doesn't work that well for me.  I don't like having it on my wrist, and I'm not big into stats.  Mostly just wanting the yardages.  The practice swing thing is a big drawback if you are into them, constantly having to remove strokes.  That being said, I will give it a ‘decent' score, because for someone looking for a GPS watch, it does the job

LOP Score: (Out of 25 points)   15

IMG_3515.JPG

Subjective Notes

This is a great little device, with lots of functionality in a small package.  They have a done a great job with it, I just don't think it right for me. 

Conclusion & Final Score

TomTom provides an easy to use device.  It has accurate readings and lots of bells and whistles in a small package.  It does have a few drawbacks, the biggest being the sensitivity on practice swings, this gets very annoying.   Another being the ‘buzzing' going from one hole to the next, maybe that can be turned off somewhere in the settings, I couldn't find it.  Overall, if you are someone who would prefer to have the device on your wrist, instead of carrying in your pocket or in the cart, you should definitely keep this one in mind when making your purchase, for the right person, it will be a great help to you on the course.

Total Score: 74

*Edit to add:  Pasting from Word, not sure why some of my blues show up different and it rotated some of my pics, hopefully it's not too hard to read

TomTom Golfer 2 – Official MGS Forum Review by kmaygolf

Tell us how you play. We want to have an understanding of who you are so opinions are relative:

During Stage 1 I was gaming the TaylorMade SLDR, but since have switched to the Nike Vapor Fly and have picked up 10 yards on average according to the TomTom watch, Callaway XR pro 3 deep, Titleist 913 19* hybrid, Titleist 910 AP 2 4-PW, Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*, Cleveland RTX 56*, Cleveland CG16 60* (almost all of the bounce shaved off like Phil's 64*), Odyssey white hot tour #1, pro v1. I use to grip it n rip it but have been toning it down and trying to score better. The watch helped me keep myself in better spots on the course.

How easy is the TomTom Golfer 2 to use?

The watch is very simple to use to get your yardages to the front, middle, and back of the green, along with the yardages to carry hazards.

Are the different screens easy to access?

The different screens are fairly easy to access once you have gotten the hang of the watch in general.

Was it easy to get started?

Extremely easy to get it started. Plugged it into the computer and downloaded the software and the app for my phone.

How accurate are the readings?

I found the readings to be almost dead on. If I saw 150 yards to the middle of the green and I wanted to play to the middle of the green, that is almost always a 9 iron for me depending on slope and wind. Knowing that I had the number in my head gave me a lot of confidence to make the swing and the shot that I wanted. The results only got better.

What features proved to be the most useful?

For me, the yardages to carry hazards and the yardages for the green were the most useful by FAR.

The least useful?

The stat and shot tracking system, I found it to be a pain. I'd take a practice swing and the watch would buzz and say "+1 stroke". I found this to be very annoying and tedious because I would have to change my score after every hole.

How is the stat/shot tracking feature?

I didn't like it at all. Couldn't get used to it and stopped trying to use it after a couple of rounds. It was a pain.

Is the information easy to use? Is it accurate?

The information wasn't very easy to use, but if you took the time to use the information it was accurate.

Are the stats beneficial?

I got so frustrated with the stats after 27 holes that I quit using this part of the watch. It was annoying and it added time to my round.

Is it comfortable to wear? Is it a distraction while you play?

It was definitely comfortable to wear, even while playing. It's very adjustable, which is good. I made it bigger and wore it higher on my left wrist so it wouldn't be in the way of my glove. I did not find it to be a distraction while playing.

Is the TomTom app easy to use? Is it easy to sync the watch to your phone?

The app is pretty easy and super easy to sync to your phone. Just use Bluetooth and you've got it.

Course Score: 55 (Out of 65 points)

Performance Notes

How did it perform?

It gave me yardages and that's all that was good about it for me.

Were you pleased with how the accessory performed?

Yes, minus the stats and shot tracking as mentioned previously.

Please compare and contrast it to what you are currently using?

I compared it to my Bushnell neo xs watch. The TomTom is more pleasing to the eye, but I prefer my other watch. Both were extremely similar with the yardages. +/- 1 yard. If they put some work into making the stats and shot tracking easier to use for the consumer this would be an awesome watch.

What factors were you pleased with?

Getting yardages

How did it compare to your current accessory?

The yardages were similar, but other features are much more difficult on the TomTom.

Did it help you on the course?

Yes, I prefer the TomTom on this aspect. It shows you what the hazards are and how far it is to carry them. It is easy to tell what the hazards are. This really helped me minimize my misses and make my misses be in better spots.

What factors did you find lacking?

Stats/shot tracking

What improvements would you like to see?

More simplicity with stats and shot tracking

What would you do away with?

The charger, get a more universal one.

Subjective

Looks & Durability

Apprearance/graphics/packaging.

The appearance is sweet. It is pleasing to the eye. It almost looks like the Apple Watch. Packaging is attractive enough to make me look at it on the shelf. The graphics were awesome.

Short term/long term durability.

Mine has been having trouble holding a charge lately, other than that the thing is still in perfect shape after 20 or so rounds.

Instructions - clear and understandable?

Very.

Looks Score: 10 (Out of 10 points)

Likelihood of Purchase

How likely would you be to purchase this accessory?

I would not buy this watch. I can get one that is just as useful to me for a lot cheaper.

Why or why not?

I don't like the stats and shot tracking at all, the charger is one of a kind, and it's expensive compared to a watch that is easier to use and much less expensive.

LOP Score: 0 (Out of 25 points)

Subjective Notes

Summarize your overall impressions.

It looks nice and gives you good yardages all over the course but if you want a stat tracking watch, look elsewhere.

Conclusion & Final Score

When I received my watch, I was very excited and even went out of my way to go play 18 the next day. Got it charged up, headed to the course. On the first tee, I glanced at the watch, checked the hazards and played around with it a bit. The first hole was a short par 4 with trees left and right. I wanted to be on the right side of the fairway because the pin was on the front left, over a bunker. Hit a cut 4 iron that snuck into the first cut which was fine because I only had wedge in. That's what I loved about the watch. It helps you play smart golf. I see it almost as a digital yardage book. As I've mentioned I was not a fan of the stats or shot tracking capabilities of the watch. It counts practice swings as a stroke and therefore you have to adjust your score after every hole. It has potential but it over complicated things for me. It's over priced in my opinion.

Total Score: 65/100

Nice start guys thanks!

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Awesome start boys!  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Looking good!!

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Stage 1

The Questions

Handicap? (Or average score) 8 handicap, trending in the right direction

Strengths of your game?

Irons, creativity around the greens

Weakness of your game?

Consistency from the tee, putting

Have you used a GPS device/watch before?

Yes, Bushnell neo xs. I will test against it on the course with the new TomTom

Do you embrace techie stuff or are you tech-phobic?

I embrace it. I'm always looking for something better GPS wise. I have several apps on my phone plus my Bushnell watch

What makes you love the game?

I love to hit good/memorable shots. You always have that one shot that keeps you coming back to the course. I love the competitiveness between my buddies and I. I think it's exhilarating that on your next shot you could stripe one 350, knock an iron stiff, or snake in a 30 footer. Sometimes that stuff happens and that's what I love.

How long have you been golfing?

I started playing a lot 3 years ago, but I started about 10 years ago.

What kind of golfer are you?

I'm an avid golfer, play as often as possible. Have never been able to putt consistently (or at all for that matter). I love to shape shots and be creative, and knowing the yardage of the shot I have to hit gives me the ability to make a confident swing. I like to card good scores and play smart golf. I don't like to hit driver over the trees, I don't like to hit 3 wood into a par 5 over water. I only take risks when I need to start making some birdies.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469220369.084257.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469220381.755450.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469220394.152416.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469220471.699357.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469220485.374230.jpg

What's your story?

Full time job, full time student, spend all my extra money either playing golf or upgrading my bag. All of my free time I spend either playing or practicing. This summer has been tough to find the time. I've only been playing about once a week and practicing once or twice a week maybe.

What is in your bag? TM SLDR 9.5*, Callaway XR pro 3 deep 14*, Titleist 913 19* hybrid, Titleist 910 AP 2 4-PW, Cleveland RTX 2.0 52*, Cleveland RTX 56*, Cleveland CG16 60* (almost all of the bounce shaved off like Phil's 64*), Odyssey white hot tour #1, pro v1

What region do you play out of?

Midwest. 99% of my golf is played in St Louis and KC areas. If I ever go on vacation, I try to sneak a round in if I can but it is rare.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hey MGS members - going out on the course today and Friday... let me know if there is anything specific you'd like me to test for Stage 2 review!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

• 3 weeks later...

Stage 2 up!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Hey guys... The app seems to have the pics out of order and the formatting is off. Take a look at the review on the web instead of the app. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on in the app.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Hey StrokerAce. Great review! Drove me to look into this watch further. Could you or the other testers comment on the images on this watch and how easier they are to read. I get that it isn't an iwatch, looks more like an MS DOS graphics program, but how easy is it to see hazards along the hole? Can you easily tell sand from trees from water. At first glance, at least to me, it doesn't look like the graphics are all that easy to read.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

For example, your description of the green side bunker

"I easily navigated to the green view screen and now I can see that there is bunker on the front left of the green.  Very valuable info!"

​The graphic representation of that bunker does not look the same as the bunkers only a few images down. Am I being crazy? I guess I really am interested about consistency and how easily you can read the watch.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Hey StrokerAce. Great review! Drove me to look into this watch further. Could you or the other testers comment on the images on this watch and how easier they are to read. I get that it isn't an iwatch, looks more like an MS DOS graphics program, but how easy is it to see hazards along the hole? Can you easily tell sand from trees from water. At first glance, at least to me, it doesn't look like the graphics are all that easy to read.

Yes... the graphics are very basic.  Wave-like symbols for water and dots for sand.  I never did notice that the graphics for the bunkers in the fairway were different than the green.

I guess I'd say you have to use it in relation to the course itself.  Typically you can see what the hazard is; like the first hole above.  The green is a few hundred yards away but I can see the bunkers from the tee box.  When I look down at the watch I can see how they're represented graphically.

The next hole (the pic doesn't show it) but I could see the pond on the left, and then when I looked down at the watch I could see the wave-like lines.  What I couldn't see though is that there was also a stream down the right side.  I could see the brush and overgrowth so I figured something was there.

Takes about a round to get used to but once you see it enough you get used to it.

You're right though, it's not an iWatch...  :)

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

For example, your description of the green side bunker

"I easily navigated to the green view screen and now I can see that there is bunker on the front left of the green.  Very valuable info!"

​The graphic representation of that bunker does not look the same as the bunkers only a few images down. Am I being crazy? I guess I really am interested about consistency and how easily you can read the watch.

Yes; the greenside view graphics are a little different than the fwy.  I think that is because the fwy graphics show distances to front and back so there wasn't as much "room" to make the graphics identical as opposed to the greenside view which simply shows where the hazards are around the green.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone's Stag 2 review are up!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just realized that I hadn't added an update since I've been using this.

Finished up with it last season and starting season 2 with it this year.

This is my go-to now but I still hang on to my cheap bushnell laser so I can shoot distances to objects in the distance like trees and stuff.

Things that I've noticed -

... the battery doesn't last as long as I expect it to.  After wearing it for a round I've got about 1/4 battery left and I know I won't make it through another round so I need to recharge.

... there have been a few minor updates but - for the most part - it is what it is.  A little surprised that they haven't released any newer features.  Hopefully they aren't planning on a TomTom3 and neglecting this.

...still works like a charm.  The yardages are quite accurate when compared to other devices.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

• 8 months later...

Archived