TESTERS WANTED! ×

Club championship time

Fireinthehole

I signed up to for our Championship. It will be held August 12-14. I'm only playing the Senior this year. Two rounds.

Last week when I played the W. Texas Amateur they spaced out the tee times at 10 minutes and it made a huge difference. My club uses 8 minutes and the starter is right there barking, "hit it, lets go fellows". Two minutes isn't much but it seems to make a big difference.

Yea we did 10 min splits this year and helped. I wasn't playing well but was getting it around at even par through 12 when they rains came. 1 and 1/2 hour rain delay and no warm up after. Ended up going bogey, double bogey to start after the delay and then parred in for a 75. Praying that is just bad enough to get me out of the championship flight but prolly not with my luck. The overall leader is at -4 and his bad days are even or plus 1 so I'm screwed if I'm in his flight. Oh well.

Sent from my LG-AS990 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea we did 10 min splits this year and helped. I wasn't playing well but was getting it around at even par through 12 when they rains came. 1 and 1/2 hour rain delay and no warm up after. Ended up going bogey, double bogey to start after the delay and then parred in for a 75. Praying that is just bad enough to get me out of the championship flight but prolly not with my luck. The leader is at -4 and his bad days are even or plus 1 so I'm screwed if I'm in his flight. Oh well.

Let us know how you came out. Sounds like you guys have a strong flight. Especially if you don't make it. Good luck!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Let us know how you came out. Sounds like you guys have a strong flight. Especially if you don't make it. Good luck!

Yea we had a good turnout this year. Not only did all of the good players show up from both clubs but all the college kids showed as well. 144 in the field and I'd guess 15-20 are in the ballpark of scratch or better. Turns out I'm tied for the lead in the first flight. So I don't have to worry about the championship flight thankfully. I'm pretty sure I'd have to shoot 65 to even have a chance there. I'm gonna guess I need to shoot 69-70 to win the 1st flight today but we'll see.

Good luck to everyone else playing today as well!

Yea we had a good turnout this year. Not only did all of the good players show up from both clubs but all the college kids showed as well. 144 in the field and I'd guess 15-20 are in the ballpark of scratch or better. Turns out I'm tied for the lead in the first flight. So I don't have to worry about the championship flight thankfully. I'm pretty sure I'd have to shoot 65 to even have a chance there. I'm gonna guess I need to shoot 69-70 to win the 1st flight today but we'll see.

Good luck to everyone else playing today as well!

Good luck Undershooter!

Good luck Undershooter!

Well my lone awful swing of the day got even unluckier and went OB on 14 which lead to double to put me back at even par. I was 2 back at that point. Went birdie birdie par to pull even going into 18. Hit 2 good shots which left me a 15-20 footer for bird. Rolled her in for 69 and the win by 1 in front of the clubhouse where everyone was waiting. I have to say, today was really fun. 3 of the guys in my group including me went 69, 69, 70 today. It was fun to go back and fourth with them trying to match shot for shot.

Well my lone awful swing of the day got even unluckier and went OB on 14 which lead to double to put me back at even par. I was 2 back at that point. Went birdie birdie par to pull even going into 18. Hit 2 good shots which left me a 15-20 footer for bird. Rolled her in for 69 and the win by 1 in front of the clubhouse where everyone was waiting. I have to say, today was really fun. 3 of the guys in my group including me went 69, 69, 70 today. It was fun to go back and fourth with them trying to match shot for shot.

Congrats on the win! Sounds like you left everyone in suspense!!

Congrats on the win! Sounds like you left everyone in suspense!!

Thanks! I dunno about suspense and all that but I'm proud of how I reacted after the poor swing on 14. I didn't give up and kept pushing. 13-18 are by far the toughest stretch on this course.

Congratulations!!  Way to hang in there.  Nice finish!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Nice going!

Played ours this weekend as well. Course was not in good shape. Ended up winning by 3 with 77-77. Was a struggle for everyone. 74 was the low round of the weekend. A couple greens might not return.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Nice going!

Played ours this weekend as well. Course was not in good shape. Ended up winning by 3 with 77-77. Was a struggle for everyone. 74 was the low round of the weekend. A couple greens might not return.

Congrats on your win as well! Fantastic job!

Nice going!

Way to grind it out man! Sometimes that's what it takes to win. 

Two champs so far this season. Nice job guys. Congrats Under and Custom!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Two champs so far this season. Nice job guys. Congrats Under and Custom!

Thanks man! Although custom won the whole thing and I only won the first flight in mine. The championship flight was all college golfers, a former D1/ mini tour player and 1 regular joe. The regular joe didn't stand a chance. Everyone in the final group shot well under par for the tournament. 71/70- 4th, 71/69-3rd, 68/71-2nd, and 71/67- 1st. The final group was 3 college players and the former D1/mini tour guy. All which are way + handicaps. 

I think if their had been an overall, I would have come in 5th or 6th for the weekend. 

That's still a win... you are the Champion of your Flight. That's all that matters. Just because a guy doesn't win the Championship Flight doesn't mean he's not a champ. You beat everyone you were competing against. The guy in the 8th flight is a champ too.

Congratulations again.

That's still a win... you are the Champion of your Flight. That's all that matters. Just because a guy doesn't win the Championship Flight doesn't mean he's not a champ. You beat everyone you were competing against. The guy in the 8th flight is a champ too.

Congratulations again.

Agreed. Thanks again man. 

Good luck to everyone in their club championships going forward. I still have 2 more to go. 

Living in Florida, ours is in January.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I played in my club championship the last 2 weekends, the 2nd flight.  I was in 3rd after the first 2 rounds but finished 5th after 3 rounds.  The last nine holes I had 4 triple bogeys, just one of those things, 1 putt leading to 3 more on 3 holes. Some times I can talk myself into being to tentative on slick greens.  It was another great experience to play for the club championship. :)

In My Bag

Driver TM 9.5 Burner reg shaft.

3 wood TM 15*             "

5 wood TM 18*             "     "

Cobra baffler 3 hybrid

TM 5 hybrid

TM 6 hybrid

TM RSI Irons 6 thru pw

Titleist  Vokey 52* and 56* wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 center shafted putter

Looking forward to mine this year. It will be the first at this club as last year's it was right around the national am which I qualified for. Our course has a ton of good players so competition will be good. Not looking at net this year as the cap is +2.6 but gross will be a fun battle. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Way to grind it out man! Sometimes that's what it takes to win.

Sometimes you do. It was a grind. It was hot course was poor but still a good ending. Even better was my wife finishing 3rd in the women's in her first ever competitive event. I was very happy for her and she enjoyed the event as well.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Sometimes you do. It was a grind. It was hot course was poor but still a good ending. Even better was my wife finishing 3rd in the women's in her first ever competitive event. I was very happy for her and she enjoyed the event as well.

That's awesome dude. Good for her! Tell her I wish I had faired as well the first time out. Very impressive.

Congrats to all my fellow spies who competed in their respective championship! and good luck to those with on coming up.

Post-Mortem report: A comedy of errors

After finishing Saturday, I had somewhat of a chance to win the Net, which would've been nice. But poor decision making seems to have hindered me once again!

Word to the wise, don't go to a cookout and stay up until 1 in the morning when you have an 830 tee time. Don't do this when you have to leave the city to do it. Tossed and turned all night and I showed up late (before my tee time) so no warm up other than the few exercises from the parking lot. So shot a resulting +13 on the front 9 and a +6 on the back 9 and miss out on the net- obviously the gross, which was won with a -1. All throughout Sunday my right elbow was killing me, piling on the misery.

Had been struggling with what I thought was just golfers elbow, and striking irons very poorly. Turns out i have a small tear in my pronator teres. Which would explain why on Sunday every wood/ long iron was killing me. Might have to miss the next club championship at the end of August.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Well my second club championship is this weekend. I dunno if the college kids are playing or not but one of the former mini tour guys is playing a fourball elsewhere so that gives me a better shot. I haven't played this course hardly at all this year so I'm not expecting much. Good luck to anyone else playing this weekend!

We had our Senior Club Championship last weekend, 36 holes of stroke play.  I shot 75-73, which was 3 strokes behind the low gross, but with my 6 handicap good enough to win the Net Championship by 3.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Well my second club championship is this weekend. I dunno if the college kids are playing or not but one of the former mini tour guys is playing a fourball elsewhere so that gives me a better shot. I haven't played this course hardly at all this year so I'm not expecting much. Good luck to anyone else playing this weekend!

Haha gotta love it when the college kids are home for the summer.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Our 36 hole stroke play is August 20th. Top 15 qualify for the match play bracket, defending champ is automatically in. Match play starts August 21st (rounds of 16 & 8), September 3rd (round of 4) with the championship on September 5th (36 holes).

Not sure if I'll even qualify but I'm gonna give it hell. Worst case scenario I'll end up in the first flight of the flight club championship again.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Haha gotta love it when the college kids are home for the summer.

No kidding, they are fun to play with but it sucks playing some little D1 suckers who gets to play/practice every day while I'm lucky to get 3 days in on a good week. 

No kidding, they are fun to play with but it sucks playing some little D1 suckers who gets to play/practice every day while I'm lucky to get 3 days in on a good week. 

I used to be one of those... and now I hate playing against them, oh how times have changed

In my bag:

I used to be one of those... and now I hate playing against them, oh how times have changed

I never had the pleasure. I chose baseball in college over golf. Of course I barely played golf in high school so it made sense to. Only ended up with a couple JUCO offers anyway. I bet those were fun times. 

I never had the pleasure. I chose baseball in college over golf. Of course I barely played golf in high school so it made sense to. Only ended up with a couple JUCO offers anyway. I bet those were fun times. 

I was supposed to wrestle in college. Ended up blowing out my knee in senior year of high school. Took up golf Junior year and was able to get a scholarship for golf. 

But yes they were the best of times. 

In my bag:

This makes me sad. A few weeks ago was the club championship in NJ I loved. 18 hole stroke play qualifier, top 7 and last years champ get seeds into the match play. First round is Friday, 36 Saturday and 18 Sunday. 

In Arizona they are in fall, but the courses allow you to WRITE IN YOUR OWN HANDICAP. I saw that and have never played in one. I hated that rule when I saw it and I hate it more every day. I rather play in the charity games around here when I'm invited from someone in sales.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Archived