JudgeSmails

Henrik Stenson's 3 Wood

I'm just wondering if Callaway resurrecting the Steelhead name isn't a slight homage to Henrick.  It's smart marketing to bring back a classic name and retro look IMO.

I'm just wondering if Callaway resurrecting the Steelhead name isn't a slight homage to Henrick. It's smart marketing to bring back a classic name and retro look IMO.

But isn't stenson gaming a Diablo and not a "steelhead"?

Henrik is using a Diable Octane Tour 13 degree. It is most definitely not Steelhead.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Henrik is using a Diable Octane Tour 13 degree. It is most definitely not Steelhead.

But I believe pre diablo he had a steelhead in the bag for years apon years. The man is loyal to his 3w's.

But I believe pre diablo he had a steelhead in the bag for years apon years. The man is loyal to his 3w's.

I think every golfer is. You find a 3 wood that works you'd have to pry it out of their cold dead hands. I still have an original Big Bertha S2H2 in my bag.

• Like 1

I think every golfer is. You find a 3 wood that works you'd have to pry it out of their cold dead hands. I still have an original Big Bertha S2H2 in my bag.

Yea.... Maybe not everyone -_-

Adams super ls bought 3- 3 woods and 3- 5 woods, and 3- 22* hybrid heads. Lol I like them that much

• Like 1

Yes I know that its the diablo and not the steelhead that Stenson games - that's why I wrote "slight" homage.  Slight as in retro if not the same make. 

• Like 1

I finally found one on eBay... Octane Tour 15° and it should be here in a couple of weeks. I get notifications from eBay whenever one is listed. The last two months it's been nothing but LH clubs. We'll see how it works, should have no problem selling it if I don't like it.

I still have a Callaway Big Bertha in my bag, many a 3 Wood has tried to take it's place. Lets see what all the fuss is about.

Stenson bombs that 3 wood!  I agree with everyone's thoughts - when the equipment is fitted for you, it maximizes your shot making capabilities.  I think I heard he hits that 3 wood as far as some of the other tour player's driver!  When something works for you, why change it.

MDGolfHacker

Just goes to show you that new and shiny doesn't always equate to better. I love my Bridgestone J15 3+ wood. Long fairway finding machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of his peers are in awe of the sound made when Henrik strikes a golf ball. I bet his smash factor is off the planet and if a ball could talk, it would be saying somebody steal that 3 wood because I'm tired of getting my arse wore out :blink: 

If you like it, keep it! Its all about confidence, if you know you will hit the fairway you do.  :D

If you don`t trust your club to 110% change it! 

• Like 1

Didn't Robin design this one?

Yes, indeed, Robin Arthur did design the Grafalloy Blue shaft.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wonder how many of those Diablo heads Henrik has cracked over the years? The way he smashes the ball and as much as he hits it I imagine he has to have broken one or two by now.

• Like 2

I wonder how many of those Diablo heads Henrik has cracked over the years? The way he smashes the ball and as much as he hits it I imagine he has to have broken one or two by now.

I heard a story a couple years ago that he had asked Callaway to scour the earth and pick up as many new-ish heads as they could find. Obviously I have no idea if there is any truth to it.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I heard a story a couple years ago that he had asked Callaway to scour the earth and pick up as many new-ish heads as they could find. Obviously I have no idea if there is any truth to it.

I would believe that story no questions asked. I bet he has them socked away as backups. I know I would if I was a tour pro and liked something that much.

• Like 1

I would believe that story no questions asked. I bet he has them socked away as backups. I know I would if I was a tour pro and liked something that much.

I have a Razr Fit 3W that is about 7 years old. It won't get replaced until it breaks. I wish I could corner the market on it.

• Like 1