Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Taylor Made- ANOTHER NEW DRIVER!?!?!

jamo

I saw this bad boy at Sports Authority yesterday, and thought my eyes had deceived me. It's called the Burner Plus, and it looks like they took the '08 Tour Burner, took the black off the bottom, and added the weird graphic to the crown. But it's not on TM's website and I can find it on any other website. Go figure! Here is is:

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4017451&cp=3052500.3053437.2273505&parentPage=family

• SPY VIP

Another TM driver? Is that possible?

Good eye on the Tour Burner ID. Looks like it to me also. That was a strange release. They really didn't support the tour burner and it fell out of the market in a hurry. Maybe there was a stockpile of heads that they repainted to move. Did you look at the shaft?

Could also be a way to move into the big box market more without discounting current product. There was another post here somewhere about the Costco TM driver fairway wood package that was a rehash of an older model.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Back in the UK JJB Sports used to offer Taylor Made drivers that were not available through any other outlets. I guessed something similar along the lines of old stock etc.

It certainly isn't new technology.

"The more I practice the luckier I get" - Gary Player

R1, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
RBZ, 14.5, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
R11 17 & 22 Rescues, Motore F3 S flex
Rocketbladez Tour irons, 5 - PW,
ATV 50,54,Tour preferred 58 wedges
Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

• SPY VIP

This kind of repackaging is common in other industries. Wine makers will often sell excess wine off to be rebranded as something else. This allows them to keep their own stock as a Limited run of 500 cases. NIce to find the secret cheaper bottles now an then.

Not so much for the driver though.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Another TM driver? Is that possible?

Good eye on the Tour Burner ID. Looks like it to me also. That was a strange release. They really didn't support the tour burner and it fell out of the market in a hurry. Maybe there was a stockpile of heads that they repainted to move. Did you look at the shaft?

Could also be a way to move into the big box market more without discounting current product. There was another post here somewhere about the Costco TM driver fairway wood package that was a rehash of an older model.

The Tour Burner has been my favorite Burner to date, and I thought this was it until I looked at it a little more closely. I didn't pick up on the shaft, but I'll check it out next time I'm at SA.

oh no.. not sure I can afford another one. just got the tri speed

Callaway Epic driver

(Not delivered yet)

Titleist 917 D2 driver

Titleist C16 irons or

Callaway Apex16 irons

Callaway Apex hybrids

Scotty dual balance notchback putter

I saw that at sa and didnt even realize it was different atleast they are giving it at same price as the 08 burner? but here nor there why put the plus on it? what is it adding lol

Callaway FT-3/ Vodoo

Callaway Fusion/ Vodoo

Nickent 4dx hybrid 17 degree

Titleist AP2 4-pw/ project x

Callaway forged 56 degre

Rife island series "abaco"

Archived