TESTERS WANTED! ×

Does anyone bring their dog on the golf course?

BrofessionalGolfer

No

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

My old course had a few guys that brought their dogs, but the pro put a stop to it thank goodness!!  No, on my new course.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Used to take my Newfoundland with me to the club every once in a while. He was a mellow giant and just rode in the cart with me. No shot I would consider taking my psychotic Great Dane with me. She is a nut and chases anything she can, mainly squirrels.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Used to take my Newfoundland with me to the club every once in a while. He was a mellow giant and just rode in the cart with me. No shot I would consider taking my psychotic Great Dane with me. She is a nut and chases anything she can, mainly squirrels.

I'm so jealous that you had a Newfoundland!

I would love to take my Goldie with me but my wife would kill me. "Now you're even getting the dog into golf!"

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm so jealous that you had a Newfoundland!

I would love to take my Goldie with me but my wife would kill me. "Now you're even getting the dog into golf!"

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

He was a good boy and lived until he was almost 15.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

wow... can't imagine this would be allowed.  Some people are deathly afraid of dogs.  Why would the course put themselves at risk like that?  I can't imagine their liability insurance would cover it should anything bad happen...

As far as dogs on the course go, every once in a while I'll see the greenskeeper with a dog, but that's about it.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

The only time I see dogs on the course is when the geese police show up, they normally use 2-3 border collies to scare off the geese and limit the but honestly soon as they leave the geese are right back on the course.

wow... can't imagine this would be allowed. Some people are deathly afraid of dogs. Why would the course put themselves at risk like that? I can't imagine their liability insurance would cover it should anything bad happen...

As far as dogs on the course go, every once in a while I'll see the greenskeeper with a dog, but that's about it.

I was at a private club and they did not have an issue with it. Not like I did it on Saturday morning for the men's game and not every week. If I was playing late in the afternoon and the course was dead I would sometimes bring him with me. He was as gentle as can be and rarely even got out of the cart.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

I was at a private club and they did not have an issue with it. Not like I did it on Saturday morning for the men's game and not every week. If I was playing late in the afternoon and the course was dead I would sometimes bring him with me. He was as gentle as can be and rarely even got out of the cart.

Must've been awesome!  I'd love to do it too.

I've got a friend who lives next to the private club in town and they let him walk his 2 dogs on the course early/late when it is dead.  He has collected thousands of golf balls and has been supplying me with near perfect balls every year!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

My dog, a lovable Cocker Spaniel, regularly rides on the cart with me when I go out to hit balls or play a few holes after dinner.  Wilson is on a short leash and can't get off the cart.  Several other golfers at our club take their dogs with them when they play early morning or after dinner.  The greens keeper has a puppy that follows him around the course all day long.  I have not seen dogs on the course when it is crowded.   

The club has never had a problem with dogs.  I imagine if there was, the member would get a private talking to and the issue would be taken care of.  So far, the dogs and members have been well behaved.   

I have played Muirfield several times, and members regularly have dogs walking with them as they play.  The dogs are leashed and generally just follow along next to the push cart.  

One of the courses I play allows them but this little girl is always in hunting mode when she gets taken anywhere so I doubt she'd be a very good golf dog. She will retrieve balls for me in the back yard though so chipping practice is always fun. ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469077373.879491.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469077394.794244.jpg

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I was at a junior tournament a couple of weeks ago, one of the juniors from my club was about to putt and a brown lab ran out of the bushes, onto the green and stole his ball, then ran off never to be seen (along with the ball)

Kid had a bad day, locked himself into a toilet stall prior to his round and had to climb out. At least everyone else got a good laugh out of his troubles.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Archived