Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Snell My Tour Ball Challenge - Get a dozen for free!

BOLD CHALLENGE: SNELL GOLF INVITES GOLFERS TO PIT THEIR CURRENT GAMER AGAINST THE ‘MY TOUR BALL' IN HEAD-TO-HEAD TEST

mtb-main-image.jpg

â€˜My Tour Ball Challenge' Provides Consumers a Chance to Win a Dozen Balls to Evaluate Against Any Other In On-Course Testing

NEW BEDFORD, MA â€” Snell Golf, Inc., one of golf's fastest growing direct-to-consumer golf ball brands, announced today that it is putting its money – more specifically, its premium golf balls – where its mouth is, giving golfers the opportunity to test a dozen of its award-winning balls for free.  The Snell Golf “My Tour Ball Challenge” invites consumers to register for a chance to try the My Tour Ball (MTB) for 2-weeks and measure its performance against their existing golf ball of choice, at no risk to them.  In fact, when chosen to take the My Tour Ball Challenge, golfers receive one dozen My Tour Balls, free, at their home or place of business, including the cost of shipping. 

“We firmly believe that the My Tour Ball measures up to any premium golf ball in the game in terms of performance, and at our price point the overall value-equation is unbeatable,” said Dean Snell, president & CEO, Snell Golf.  â€œConsistently, we have seen that when golfers give the MTB a shot, they become loyal customers, so we developed this limited-time opportunity. The My Tour Ball Challenge is a way for us to demonstrate our products' performance AND the convenience of receiving direct-ship delivery of our products, a very appealing model in today's competitive golf ball marketplace.”

Registration for the Snell Golf My Tour Ball Challenge is taking place now throughJuly 31st at https://www.snellgolf.com/mtb-challenge/apply-for-the-mtb-vs-your-ball-challenge/

Snell Golf is headquartered in New Bedford, MA, and designs, markets and distributes premium golf balls via a direct-to-consumer e-commerce based business model.   Snell Golf was founded in 2015 and is led by Dean Snell, co-creator of the industry-changing Titleist Pro V1 and TaylorMade Penta golf balls.  Snell Golf, whose goal it is to create premium, high-performing golf balls at affordable price-points, recently was awarded multiple medal commendations in Golf Digest's 2016 Golf Ball Hot List for its “My Tour Ball” and “Get Sum” model balls.  

For more information and to view Snell Golf's innovative products, visitwww.snellgolf.com.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

So is it ethical for someone who has tried and liked the MTB to sign up for this challenge?  I have yet to test the MTB vs. the new B330 RX.  I still have the full dozen that I got from Barbajo in March.  In fact I haven't even cracked it because I had 2 dozen of last year's at that time and I still have a dozen plus of those left.

This is a serious question.  I was going to order some MTB when I opened that box.  At this pace I'll need new golf balls around Christmas.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So is it ethical for someone who has tried and liked the MTB to sign up for this challenge? 

I believe so.....as you would be willing to compare the MTB with another gamer and document the process.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So is it ethical for someone who has tried and liked the MTB to sign up for this challenge?  I have yet to test the MTB vs. the new B330 RX.  I still have the full dozen that I got from Barbajo in March.  In fact I haven't even cracked it because I had 2 dozen of last year's at that time and I still have a dozen plus of those left.

This is a serious question.  I was going to order some MTB when I opened that box.  At this pace I'll need new golf balls around Christmas.

Rev - I've only golfed with you once but you lose golf balls at the same rate at which I lose weight. I would think a couple dozen would last you the rest of the decade!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

New Bedford?!?!  I should stop in next time I'm there visiting the Whaling Museum with the fam!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Highly recommend people do this!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I've played them, liked them, and have some. I'd probably buy more sometime. I also signed up. But I won't get picked because I don't want to document my usage of them. But I'd play them if Dean wants to send me doz.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Rev - I've only golfed with you once but you lose golf balls at the same rate at which I lose weight. I would think a couple dozen would last you the rest of the decade!!!

LOL you done told on the Rev huuh? I knew he was a pretty straight ball striker. Rev will have to give me 3 a side now when we play

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I would give it a go against the ProV1x but I think I am at about the same fail rate as Rookie is with drivers when it comes to new golf balls.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I'm in. Never tried Snell, but always willing to test a ball against my pro v1x and see what happens.

Anyone know how these balls play in cold weather (50° and below)?

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I'm in. Never tried Snell, but always willing to test a ball against my pro v1x and see what happens.

Anyone know how these balls play in cold weather (50° and below)?

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Just fine, Tazz! Gamed them a few times in early spring when temps were between 35 and 50 and didn't have any issues

That's good to know. Playing year round in Memphis we have a bunch of rounds in the cold.

30° and even a Titleist changes to its cousin the pinnacle haha.

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

The Snell MTB is definitely closer to the Prov1 than the prov1x (3 piece and similar compression).

I moved from a ball similar to the prov1x (ZStarXV) and love the performance. Definitely feels better on those cold days, too

The Snell MTB is definitely closer to the Prov1 than the prov1x (3 piece and similar compression).

I moved from a ball similar to the prov1x (ZStarXV) and love the performance. Definitely feels better on those cold days, too

I disagree. I used to game the prov1x and the MTB performs the same or better around the greens for me and on similar strikes with the driver goes at least 20 yards further. No bs. I am able to reach par 5's in two now where I couldn't before with my prov1x. If any of you sign up for this and don't like them, I will gladly (buy)

take them off your hands. I've hit everything that is called a premium ball and there is nothing better.

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I disagree. I used to game the prov1x and the MTB performs the same or better around the greens for me and on similar strikes with the driver goes at least 20 yards further. No bs. I am able to reach par 5's in two now where I couldn't before with my prov1x. If any of you sign up for this and don't like them, I will gladly (buy)

take them off your hands. I've hit everything that is called a premium ball and there is nothing better.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with since I absolutely love the MTB.

Was simply saying the MTB a 3 piece so it's more similar to the Prov1 and regular zstar (which are 3 piece balls) as opposed to their 4 piece counterparts (the prov1x and ZStarXV)

Not sure what you're disagreeing with since I absolutely love the MTB.

Was simply saying the MTB a 3 piece so it's more similar to the Prov1 and regular zstar (which are 3 piece balls) as opposed to their 4 piece counterparts (the prov1x and ZStarXV)

Feel wise I find the x and the MTB about the same. I never liked the feel of the prov1.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

I wonder if the MTB has a firmer cover because the core compressions are darn near identical on the MTB and Prov1

I would say definitely more durable. The X's never lasted as long as the MTB. The feel is just better. Softer. More durable. Cheaper. Better. 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Well I will not enter because I have already compared the MTB to almost everything out there.   I compared against both TM balls, both Prov1's, the MG C4, both Bridgestones, one of the Srixons, Chrome Soft, and both Nike RZN.   The fact that it is listed in my sig as my ball is for a reason.  

I liked the Pro V1 and X both, I like the X a little better as I am a high spin player.  I almost loved both of the TP balls from TM, but not quite.  I loved the B330 and still do.  The Srixon I think is the best overall ball playing in the wind.

However WITHOUT price when I compared....Full shot Spin, Durability, feel, chip spin, and distance I went with the MTB.  Once you factor in price it was a No-Brainer for me.  I know the MTB is a three piece ball as listed on their website, but it feels awfully similar to the TP on strikes, however it does not spin as much as the TP.  The dimples seem very like the TPX dimples.

In short I found it to play with the feel of the TP, but with less spin like the TPX.  

Clubs in great standing

• Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS - Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - UST Mamiya Black 79X
  • 5 Wood - Taylormade Sim Max - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron, Srixon ZX7 (6-9)  - Recoil 110 F5
  • Wedges - Cleveland 46, 50*, 54*, & 60* Zipcore mid bounce - Recoil 110 F5
  • Putter -  Mannkrafted MA/66 - UST Frequency Filter, LAB MEZZ.1  - BGT Stability

Clubs in good standing(fighting for one spot)....

• 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named - UST Mamiya Black 79TX | Util - Callaway Apex X Forged UTIL 21* - AD-DI | Util - Srixon ZXU 18* -  Recoil 110 F5 | Util - Callaway UW 19* - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5

Clubs that need a timeout/replacing

So what is your opinion of the MG Tour C4? I like them and have a couple of friends at your level of play that liked them.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

So what is your opinion of the MG Tour C4? I like them and have a couple of friends at your level of play that liked them.

I liked them at their price point.  I did not love them though.  Performance in the Wind was OK, but below that of the Srixon, B330, Prov and MTB.  The spin around the green was not high enough for me.  Feel was a bit on the firm side.  When you see that yeah, they are roughly $22 a box it is a great deal, but when you buy the 6 dozen MTB and get them for roughly 26 a dozen it is not as great of a deal.

The MTB is probably one of the best deals in golf right now when you buy 6 dozen.  They don't fit everyone, but I haven't seen them be a bad fit for anyone that I have gotten to try them yet.

I had a very long review I wrote awhile back I will try and find and post in the review section.

Clubs in great standing

• Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS - Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - UST Mamiya Black 79X
  • 5 Wood - Taylormade Sim Max - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron, Srixon ZX7 (6-9)  - Recoil 110 F5
  • Wedges - Cleveland 46, 50*, 54*, & 60* Zipcore mid bounce - Recoil 110 F5
  • Putter -  Mannkrafted MA/66 - UST Frequency Filter, LAB MEZZ.1  - BGT Stability

Clubs in good standing(fighting for one spot)....

• 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named - UST Mamiya Black 79TX | Util - Callaway Apex X Forged UTIL 21* - AD-DI | Util - Srixon ZXU 18* -  Recoil 110 F5 | Util - Callaway UW 19* - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5

Clubs that need a timeout/replacing

Golfer, I have and play the MTB off and on. It's a good one for sure. I rotate between several balls all in the general price range of the MTB. They're all suitable for my game. Cheers.

Archived