TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL THREAD - "The MyGolfSpy Lottery"

GolfSpy_X

Yes there will be another round Sactown. Unfortunately there were a few people that got clubs to review and kept the clubs without every reviewing the equipment or responding to our emails.

We will look into fixing this in the 2nd round.

Great example of why I suggested upping the # of entries required to be eligible or requiring that one has been a member for a certain period of time prior to the contest announcement. People are shady, and when only 10 posts are required these idiots can sign on, post 10 useless comments and then effectively steal the equipment that was to be reviewed. Never trust online trolls, ever.

What's in my Ben Hogan stand bag:
Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 665 stiff shaft
Tour Edge XCG7 #3 Wood, Stiff shaft
Ping i20 20* hybrid, stiff shaft
Ping S56 irons 4-PW KBS stiff shafts
Ping Glide Wedges, 50*, 54*, 58*, SS Bounce
Nike Method Putter Model #004
Callaway Chrome Soft balls

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Yes there will be another round Sactown. Unfortunately there were a few people that got clubs to review and kept the clubs without every reviewing the equipment or responding to our emails.

Lame. Didn't realize that was going on, but now that you mention it there was a lot of gear that went out with no follow-up.

Hopefully when it runs again there will be more feedback like with the Vision program.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

Well this being a new forum we could not expect people to have much more then that with only a week prior to finding out about the program. We will make sure we remedy this in the next round though...no worries.

Great example of why I suggested upping the # of entries required to be eligible or requiring that one has been a member for a certain period of time prior to the contest announcement. People are shady, and when only 10 posts are required these idiots can sign on, post 10 useless comments and then effectively steal the equipment that was to be reviewed. Never trust online trolls, ever.

#TruthDigest

It was almost inevitable that this would happen. Hopefully the losses weren't too great.

I would suggest requiring members that wish to participate in a review to register and verify thier real contact information with MGS and perhaps require a valid credit card for items over x amount of value. Yes, it would greatly reduce the number of available reviewers, but it would also largely eliminate equipment losses and at the same time increase the quality of the reviews generated.

At least that way you would know that the person really wanted to participate in a review and wasn't just scamming you.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Well this being a new forum we could not expect people to have much more then that with only a week prior to finding out about the program. We will make sure we remedy this in the next round though...no worries.

MSG, I think you are on the right track regarding trying to ensure participation and trust worthiness. However I disagree with using only the amount of posts as a qualifier. I have been a member and actively ‘read' a lot on the forum. But I doubt I qualify as an active member simply because I don't post much.

So hopefully you won't cut out the 'participators the don't participate.'

:D

It was almost inevitable that this would happen. Hopefully the losses weren't too great.

I would suggest requiring members that wish to participate in a review to register and verify thier real contact information with MGS and perhaps require a valid credit card for items over x amount of value. Yes, it would greatly reduce the number of available reviewers, but it would also largely eliminate equipment losses and at the same time increase the quality of the reviews generated.

At least that way you would know that the person really wanted to participate in a review and wasn't just scamming you.

What if one doesn't have a credit card? I think just post number (higher than 10) and overall reputation could be good enough. Y'all know I wouldn't scam you. :lol:

That sucks, I didn't see that coming, but I always tend to underestimate peoples shadiness. I thought that there weren't very many reviews. I think Tyks idea is good. A minimum of 10 or 25 posts to enter, then if you win, you have to provide credit card information. Maybe get two warnings (giving them a chance to respond) before they are charged in full for the product.

• SPY VIP

problem with the credit card is that shady people would just do a chargeback, so unfortunately this would most likely not be the best option.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

DING, DING, DING...we have a winner...lol.

Make the person post a picture of their drivers license, while holding it next to their head, to verify it is actually them. Then if they stiff you on the club, we hunt them down and beat them with said club.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Call all of the courses in the town where they live and make tee times in their name. Repeat often. Once they are no shows multiple times at the courses, they will have a hard time getting out with the looted gear.

Volvo Intorqueo

what about a different standard for the loaners than the keep stuff. Maybe for the bigger testers, have the 100 posts minimum and CC# and 10 posts for the keepers

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

• 4 weeks later...

I think we should post their usernames and email that's on file. We can find them from that and file a report with their local police for theft.

As for the next round, require eBay id's to verify how they conduct themselves with goods, and require full contact info including a phone number. A driver's license photo is another idea.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Surely you must have been aware that Pollyana's world never existed ?

More than a few of the recipients must have found it too troublesome to make a review and return the items won. I stayed out purposely to avoid the expense.

Shambles

I stayed out purposely to avoid the expense.

I almost did that. I was just going to withdraw if I got one of the "not to keep" items.

For the second round I think it should be restricted to people with high point counts, and who have been here a while. I mean, no one thinks sactown or A2G is going to steal anything.

I would be against Ebay accounts or credit card number because, well, I don't have either of those. I would also be against credit card number or SSN because, quite frankly, I wouldn't feel safe giving those out, no matter to whom I was giving them.

I almost did that. I was just going to withdraw if I got one of the "not to keep" items.

For the second round I think it should be restricted to people with high point counts, and who have been here a while. I mean, no one thinks sactown or A2G is going to steal anything.

I would be against Ebay accounts or credit card number because, well, I don't have either of those. I would also be against credit card number or SSN because, quite frankly, I wouldn't feel safe giving those out, no matter to whom I was giving them.

Why would you be against an eBay account, so people can look at your feedback and judge your character? And why would you be against providing a credit card so that you could be held liable in the event you decide not to fulfill your end of the deal? He's not going to put a hold on the card while you have it, but it does provide some recourse. I, personally, would like to see eBay accounts required to sell here since there is no feedback section on the site. I think if people aren't willing to provide MGS with a form of recourse against theft, they should be disqualified.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Why would you be against an eBay account, so people can look at your feedback and judge your character? And why would you be against providing a credit card so that you could be held liable in the event you decide not to fulfill your end of the deal? He's not going to put a hold on the card while you have it, but it does provide some recourse. I, personally, would like to see eBay accounts required to sell here since there is no feedback section on the site. I think if people aren't willing to provide MGS with a form of recourse against theft, they should be disqualified.

He is only against ebay ID or credit card because he does not possess either and still wants to participate.

Volvo Intorqueo

Like I said, I don't have an Ebay account or a credit card. And I'm not giving my debit card number to anyone, no offense MGS. I'll give my address, license photo, Facebook friend request, whatever. But I would be very much against a card number and, like I said, I don't have an Ebay account. If that qualifies me, so be it. I would only want to do any of the "keeper" trials anyways, the shipping of the item to the next person would be a dealbreaker for me, as would a card number.

• SPY VIP

Dont worry guys we will come up with something that is fair for everyone. But for who suggested this should only be open to members with high post counts, remember that this is supposed to be a lottery for everyone. But the point is well taken there most likely will be a post count needed different from the way we did it originally.

The issue with the 1st lottery drawing was that the forum had just launched. We might not be doing another club lottery until weather breaks for the majority of golfers. Although we might do an accessory or gadget lottery in the meantime.

#TruthDigest

Archived