TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL THREAD - "The MyGolfSpy Lottery"

GolfSpy_X

Like I said, I don't have an Ebay account or a credit card. And I'm not giving my debit card number to anyone, no offense MGS. I'll give my address, license photo, Facebook friend request, whatever. But I would be very much against a card number and, like I said, I don't have an Ebay account. If that qualifies me, so be it. I would only want to do any of the "keeper" trials anyways, the shipping of the item to the next person would be a dealbreaker for me, as would a card number.

Just curious, are you an adult? I have one credit card which I rarely ever use except for emergencies, but I really don't see how an adult can get away with not having at least one credit card in today's world. You need a credit card to have a good credit score, and you need a decent credit score to do nearly everything these days (renting an apartment/house, buying/leasing a car, etc). I love the idea of posting a picture of yourself with your driver's license and address. I also think a valid phone # that has to be verified before sending anything is a good idea.

What's in my Ben Hogan stand bag:
Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 665 stiff shaft
Tour Edge XCG7 #3 Wood, Stiff shaft
Ping i20 20* hybrid, stiff shaft
Ping S56 irons 4-PW KBS stiff shafts
Ping Glide Wedges, 50*, 54*, 58*, SS Bounce
Nike Method Putter Model #004
Callaway Chrome Soft balls

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

I dont have a single credit card...never had. Was always taught if you don't have the cash to pay for it then don't buy it.

Just curious, are you an adult? I have one credit card which I rarely ever use except for emergencies, but I really don't see how an adult can get away with not having at least one credit card in today's world. You need a credit card to have a good credit score, and you need a decent credit score to do nearly everything these days (renting an apartment/house, buying/leasing a car, etc). I love the idea of posting a picture of yourself with your driver's license and address. I also think a valid phone # that has to be verified before sending anything is a good idea.

#TruthDigest

I can appreciate that, as I was taught the same thing. But there is also something to be said about having some kind of backup when life hands you those unexpected expenses such as car problems, medical bills, etc that cannot wait. Moreover, I have to reiterate my wonderment as to how you can be an adult with a decent credit score and never own a single credit card. How would you ever get approved for a loan for a car, house...you know, those expensive things that adults eventually have to find a way to pay for?

• SPY VIP

This is exactly one of the reasons so many Americans are in debt. Why do you think you need to have a credit card to have a good credit score. That is quite the myth they wish we all would believe. You absolutely do not need a single credit card to have and maintain a good credit score.

I can appreciate that, as I was taught the same thing. But there is also something to be said about having some kind of backup when life hands you those unexpected expenses such as car problems, medical bills, etc that cannot wait. Moreover, I have to reiterate my wonderment as to how you can be an adult with a decent credit score and never own a single credit card. How would you ever get approved for a loan for a car, house...you know, those expensive things that adults eventually have to find a way to pay for?

#TruthDigest

There are definitely some differing schools of thought here. Regardless, I definitely feel more secure knowing that I have a way to pay for those unexpected expenses that my checking account may not be able to cover at the time. Credit cards have a place, and it is with mature, responsible adults who know how and when to use them and then pay them off in a timely manner.

I don't have a credit card either, but I'd be willing to give my paypal info, which MGS already has anyway. There needs to be some manner in which MGS is protected against theft.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Likewise for the no credit card side. However they did wear me down by continuing to send me cards as a " pre qualified " person. I returned the first two but kept the third one and it now takes up space in my wallet though it is unused. I pay in cash and if a hotel wants a credit card, I look for another hotel. I do not buy on installment, I save up until I can afford to pay cash, and I have a savings account for the unexpected.

Any adult should understand that the credit card earns a commission everytime you use it so everthing you buy with it costs you that much more. Worse yet, you fall into the bad habit of spending money you have not yet earned. It's a lousy way for an adult to run his life.

The next time you're thinking of buying a new car or anything else on installment, compute the total cost of installments against the cash cost of the car. The difference might be enough to encourage you to save up before spending.

Shambles

Archived