GolfSpy Barbajo

(4) TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Sun Mountain Golf Bags

Brock - Omaha Nebraska

I ride 100% of the time.

Currently I am using an Acer stand bag but will be transitioning to a cart bag before the fall.

Danny From Arkansas. I currently carry a Hunter stand bag. I walk as much as possible but some of the courses I are pretty Hilly. Would love to have a bag that is more versatile.

Zach - linn, MO

Both. Walk couple times a week when playing by myself and ride on the weekends when playing with our group.

Ogio cart bag and a wellzher Sunday carry bag that is collapsible and fits in my cart bag.

Craig - Overland Park, KS

Walk 95%

Callaway - XTT Xtreme 

Kolby Missouri

Rider that wants to start walking more Nike stand bag

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Arthur Lane, Massachusetts

Mostly ride these days. Retired and play 2-3 rounds per week.

Cart bag is RJ Sports Kingston.

Need full length dividers and putter well-makes life easy.

Stand Bag is Titleist (but I really need a great cart bag).

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

1. Kevin Ryan in North Carolina but play in South Carolina

2. Rider.  Not many courses here like walkers.

3. Mizuno.  Time for a new one.

Peter K.

Bethesda MD.

Walk and carry 3 days a week in season.  Ride a cart 1 day.  Always ride if above 90 degrees.

Current bag a 3.5 Sun Mountain Front 9, latest in a long series of Sun Mountains.

Maarten Clous, Netherlands

I walk with a clicgear 3.0 and a bagboy cartbag. I used to walk but i broke both my arms/shoulders in ski accidents and have to use a trolley. Love to test the c130

Hello my name is Luke, I always carry my bag and am always curious to try out new ones. I currently use a Nike Sport Air Carry bag, which I like because of the weight, but has very few pockets. From time to time I will push my bag with my Caddytek if I am playing more than 18 holes in a day. I live in Ottawa, Ontario and my main course is eQuinelle. Thank you for your consideration.

-Thanks, Luke

I play 3-5 times a week, prefer to walk and carry. When too hot, I use a Bat-Caddy. I ride only when required.

I have never had a daily use bag that has lated a year when used constantly. The best so far has been a Four5, which has held up well but has two problems: a little heavy for 27-36 holes, and not waterproof. Works great on the Bat-Caddy. I bought a used Three5 in good condition, but it did not hold up as well as the Four5.

My current bag is a Callaway Aqua Dry 2015 stand bag. Still a little heavy, but handles rainy weather well.

I considered the Two5, but decided on the Callaway at half price online.

As I recently celebrated my 72nd birthday, the weight of the carry bag is becoming a critical issue.

I would like to try out the Two5. I could play 27-36 holes in most weather with ease. Making a waterproof version (at a modest increase in weight) would be a perfect bag. If the Two5 holds up under my usage, it will hold up for anyone.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Lloyd C

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      From today's Inbox. I've always like Sun Mountain bags -- great colors and styles, and loving the lightness!!

New LS Golf Bags 
      Offer Something for Everyone

Missoula, Montana – The Sun Mountain LS (lightweight series) golf stand bags offer a full range of features and weights to please the individual golfer's preferences. Bags include the minimalist's two-and-a-half pound 2Five bag, the 3.5 LS, 4.5 LS and the cart bag with legs, five-and-a half pound 5.5 LS. With each progressively larger number comes additional pockets and features and a corresponding additional pound of weight. This Lightweight Series of golf stand bags is available now in stores and on-line with retail prices of 2Five ($219), 3.5LS ($229), 4.5LS ($209), and 5.5LS ($239). For the nearest Sun Mountain retailer call 800-227-9224 or visit www.sunmountain.com.

The Sun Mountain 2Five golf bag is the lightest, full-featured bag on the market weighing in at the scant 2.5 pounds. Sun Mountain reduced weight by using carbon-fiber legs, high strength-to-weight plastics, and ultra-lightweight and durable fabrics like those used in mountaineering tents. 2Five is offered in 10 different colors with a retail price of $219.99.

The 3.5 LS weighs 3.5 pounds and is designed for the golfer who likes an ultra-lightweight bag but wants a few more features. Like the 2Five, the 3.5 LS is constructed with lightweight nylon fabric, high-strength-to-weight plastic and carbon fiber legs. Adding a pound results in a thicker shoulder strap, a more cushioned hip pad, and three more pockets. 3.5 LS is available in seven colors at $229.99.

The 4.5 LS is a lightweight, mid-sized stand bag. Weighing just 4.5 pounds and incorporating the E-Z Fit Dual Strap System, the 4.5 LS is built for carrying and has numerous cart-friendly features. Cart-friendly features include a cart strap pass-through that runs behind the clothing pocket so the bag can be secured to a cart without blocking pocket access, a leg lock system to keep the legs firmly in place while the bag is carted, and a cart-friendly bottom. There is also a 4.5 LS 14-way offering an individual club divided top and a 4.5 LS Zero-G offering a hip-belt to take the weight off the shoulders. Retail prices are $209, $219 and $229, respectively. 

Lastly is the 5.5 LS golf bag. The 5.5 LS is the biggest bag in Sun Mountain's new lightweight series. The bag features a bigger, 11” diameter top with four, full-length club dividers to make getting clubs in and out a breeze. 5.5 LS also features nine pockets including: three water-resistant valuables pockets, a clear-view phone pocket and a velour-lined GPS pocket with a protective, thermo-formed front panel. 5.5 LS weighs 5.5 pounds and is available in eight colors with a retail price of $239.99.

For 30 years Sun Mountain has been a pioneer in the golf industry, revolutionizing golf bags, golf outerwear and golf carts. Sun Mountain's many innovations, including the first lightweight golf bag and modern stand bag, have made it the top golf bag company in North America. Within golf outerwear, Sun Mountain redefined golf-specific performance first with the windshirt, then fleece, and again with its four-way stretch, waterproof, and breathable rainwear. The Sun Mountain Speed Cart® golf push cart transformed walking carts and created an entirely new category of golf products. Sun Mountain's "Ahead of Time Design" motto drives the company to continually design and refine golf equipment. For the Sun Mountain retailer nearest you call 800-227-9224 or visit www.sunmountain.com. 

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!