TESTERS WANTED! ×

Some Cool Shizzit....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG those look sweet! Srixons were already at top of my list when I get my new irons this fall, this thread just confirmed

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469393307.107111.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469393322.182715.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469393419.238816.jpg

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Yup. That was an oops

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Yup. That was an oops

Old people and that dern technology lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

awesome looking!

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

How do the Srixon's compare to the Hogan's??

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I can't show you what's in those boxes - but I can show you what was in the other boxes. Srixon's new irons look even better in person that they do in the "official" photos...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469220718.682169.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469220729.082236.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469220741.166901.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1469220753.064020.jpg

These look like money! 

Twitter: @EdmundCruz 

@ChiGolfAth 

What's In The Bag:

Driver:  Tour Edge Golf EX9 10 degrees, UST Mamiya ATTAS COOOL Stiff Flex
Hybrid:  Tour Edge Golf Exotics EX9 #3 Hybrid, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 670 F4 Stiff Flex
Irons:
:benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15 Irons, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 47 KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Wedges:
:benhogan-small: TK 15 Wedges, 51, 55, 59. KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Putter: Buzelli Golf STA-1, Standard Loft/Lie
Ball:  Snell Golf My Tour Ball 

How do the Srixon's compare to the Hogan's??

That's a really good question - have games the 765's for two rounds and the first thing you notice is the forged feel is very different. The Hogan's have a bit of a Nike-like click to them while the Srixons have a very soft smoosh.

Yeah, I said smoosh.

The shafts are different so it's hard to compare - the Srixons have the Nippon Modus 3 shaft - it's not nearly as stout as the C Taper, and it gives me quite a bit more spin and am backing up full iron shots on the green.

The VT sole on the Srixons is different from the Hogan V sole. Hard to put my finger on it but the Srixons seem to do a better job getting through the turf, even if you just a touch behind the ball. Did not feel the same level of turf interaction with the Hogan's.

More testing to come - but I don't there's a wrong choice to be made here.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1470000965.947635.jpg

This bad boy came last week - U 65 Utility iron, 20* 3 iron. Mmmmmm.... Was very useful in Friday.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1470000965.947635.jpg

This bad boy came last week - U 65 Utility iron, 20* 3 iron. Mmmmmm.... Was very useful in Friday.

Give us a look at the top line!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

They have an artistic beauty about them....very clean lines.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Looks like a graphite shaft??

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

How many rounds have you played with the set and what are your initial thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've played three rounds and so far I've enjoyed very good results with every club in the bag.

My first round was an 82 on a pretty tough course - would have broken 80'but finished bogey-double. That round was played with a mix of the 765 cavity backs and 965 blades. They have different shafts so it really wasn't a good mix.

Next two rounds were 79 and 77 - struck the ball way better in the 77 round, just kept finding trouble in the back 9. The 77 round was mostly about chipping and putting, plus double bogeys on two par 5's.

Used the 765 set both of those rounds.

Irons are just soft and sweet and easy to hit. There's no distance technology there - just a solid, great feeling iron.

Using a 19* H65 hybrid - again, solid and very easy to hit. No visible technology, but it has a nice feel to it and it fits the set nicely.

I'll give very high marks to the Utility iron - it's fantastic off the tee - used it 3 times during my last round and loved the feel and performance. Only hit it once off the deck - didn't but a great swing on it - bit of a slice but didn't get me in trouble.

Both the 3 wood and driver (have used the 440cc 765) are easy to hit with a solid feel. Cracked some of my better drives of the year with the 765 - feel very confident with it. Hit the 460cc 565 driver at the range today - again , really nice and kinda long. It might get to play later this week.

The utility iron, and the other woods, all have the new Miyazaki Mizu shafts. Miyazaki is owned by Srixon and this is their newest development. I'll find out a little more about them for you this week, but so far I'm liking the results.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I've played three rounds and so far I've enjoyed very good results with every club in the bag.

My first round was an 82 on a pretty tough course - would have broken 80'but finished bogey-double. That round was played with a mix of the 765 cavity backs and 965 blades. They have different shafts so it really wasn't a good mix.

Next two rounds were 79 and 77 - struck the ball way better in the 77 round, just kept finding trouble in the back 9. The 77 round was mostly about chipping and putting, plus double bogeys on two par 5's.

Used the 765 set both of those rounds.

Irons are just soft and sweet and easy to hit. There's no distance technology there - just a solid, great feeling iron.

Using a 19* H65 hybrid - again, solid and very easy to hit. No visible technology, but it has a nice feel to it and it fits the set nicely.

I'll give very high marks to the Utility iron - it's fantastic off the tee - used it 3 times during my last round and loved the feel and performance. Only hit it once off the deck - didn't but a great swing on it - bit of a slice but didn't get me in trouble.

Both the 3 wood and driver (have used the 440cc 765) are easy to hit with a solid feel. Cracked some of my better drives of the year with the 765 - feel very confident with it. Hit the 460cc 565 driver at the range today - again , really nice and kinda long. It might get to play later this week.

The utility iron, and the other woods, all have the new Miyazaki Mizu shafts. Miyazaki is owned by Srixon and this is their newest development. I'll find out a little more about them for you this week, but so far I'm liking the results.

Thank you for this, much appreciated. Maybe a bit too early for this, but any chance these replace your gamers?

Thank you for this, much appreciated. Maybe a bit too early for this, but any chance these replace your gamers?

There's always a chance -- I'm having a hard time committing to a gamer tho.  Gamed Wilson V4's last season and the beginning of this season and absolutely love those irons.  Have gamed the new Hogan's for the past couple of months - and I like them very much and have hit some of the best shots I've ever hit with them.  I'm a little meh on the wedges - but as I understand they take some getting used to.  

These are definitely in the conversation - more similar to the Wilson's than the Hogan's are.  They're not really fit for me - they're standard lie and I've been fit for 2* flat - but that's easy enough to remedy.  3 rounds and 3 solid rounds, so I have no complains.  

Experimentation continues until the next pretty, shiny thing flashes its smile my way....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

On the woods - I think the 3 wood will be staying in the bag for a while. I've been hunting for something for a while, and I'm digging this one. Again, it's really simple - no adjustability - just a 15* stick that's easy ringer airborne and consistent. Ill post some pix when I get back home.

Really happy with the driver - the Mizuno JPX EZ has been in the bag for a few months and count me as a fan. The 765 more than holds its own and the 565 will get its shot later this week.

As you may have noticed - I'm not big on visible technology and prefer clean and simple (although I really like the Nike Vapor Flex 440 - what can I say, I'm a walking riddle!), especially when it comes to irons.

All I can say is based on these irons, Tony's blog today on the new PING's and what is in the pipeline from the likes of Wilson, Bridgestone and others - it's a great time to be looking at irons.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Interested to hear how the 565 driver performs.  I gamed it for nearly all of last season and loved it because it seems super forgiving and very easy to hit.  Then I hit the M1 and the M1 launched higher/spun less and I gained over 10 yards of carry.  Huge.

I know the 765 would probably compare more to the M1 in terms of CG/MOI, but I am wondering if Srixon has been able to drop the spin on the 565 while keeping the forgiveness up.

Archived