Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

First Look: 2017 Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges

I just picked up a 50* and 54* mid-bounce (on order), black finish, cavity back set.  I haven't taken them to the course yet, but in the all important "chipping in the living room test", the 50* performed well!

I did hit the 50* in the simulator, and while the distance was a little less than expected, the dispersion was incredible.  Each shot landed on top of the other.  I am really hoping to see anything close to that on the course.  Full wedge shots is not a strong part of my game, so hitting greens (and maybe close) with them will really improve my score.  We'll see...

I was able to take the 54* out on the course.  Distance was very consistent - 90-95 yards with a smooth swing, 105 if I stepped on it.  Dispersion was for me excellent.  I did pull a couple shots, but that's more of a swing error.  Chipping around the green produced solid results with lots of spin.  I was able to control trajectory easily too.  Like the Scors, I do get along with the V-sole.  So far, very happy.  And the finish holds up well.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

They feel well balanced, looking down at address the face looked different from the rtx 2.0s I have now, couldn't put my finger on it...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Archived