Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

What type of wedge

Scoot24

XE1  it does all the work lol

Yep!  That's funny!!  I am sure it works for some people.  BUT, one of the guys I play with regularly has one.  He's a 6 hcp.  He only used it from certain lies.  He doesn't really need it, and recently took it out of his bag.  

Second part of the story...  my wife is not very good from greenside bunkers.  She's a 17 hcp but until this year, hasn't played many courses with sand except when we travel, so she doesn't get much practice from it.  I thought maybe the XE1 would be a good club for her from the bunkers, so I borrowed it from my buddy.  She used it for one round and hated it, so back it went.  I then dug up a pre-2010 Titleist Vokey 60* that I had in the garage, and she loves it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I ended up with a Nike 60 degree with a 6 bounce and took advantage of clearance pricing. I really like the low bounce for tight lies and rough around the green.

Driver: Taylor Made SLDR

Irons: Taylor Made RSi2 4-PW

Hybrids: Adams Tight Lies 3 and 5

Putter: Taylor Made Spyder

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 50, 56, 60

Archived