Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Repairing club finish

Stephen_Peszel

OK, so from time to time I have swung a club so hard and erratically that I have gone under the ball on the tee and scratched the top surface of my driver and wood, well now they are starting to look a bit ugly and it is obvious I am a sky-baller even though I have mostly solved that problem.

I would like to know what methods people use to repair the finish. I have polished and polished but need a better method short of just painting a new finish.

Any ideas?

IMG_1232.jpgIMG_1234.jpg

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

• 2 weeks later...

Hi speszel, it all depends on the finish, some have a polyeurathane coating, kinda like a clear paint finish that you can touch up like a car repair. Clean it as best as you can,tape the area off, apply a thin coat of clear, sand it down with higher grades of sandpaper up to 1200 or higher and then buff it with a polishing compound and wax. SOme you can just carefully clean the dirt from the scratches and apply a thin coat of clear and buff when its dry. Its more complex and you might want to do 'colour-matching' if youve scraped some of the colour off a wood.

Uusually I end making more work for myself but some heads shine like my own. :huh:

I make surfboards as a hobby and theres a lot of sanding and polishing involved with that...

Thanks for the response, yours was the only one so I guess nobody else has this problem. Yes, this is the approach I had considered but I wondered if someone had some magic touch but experience shows that there is no short cut in anything, so sanding and polishing I will go, colour matching is the hard part.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Archived