TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

First 3 pics are of 850f and z545. 850f has slightly thinner top line. Head size pretty equal.

Rsi2 had similar head size but appeared slightly smaller overall

attachicon.gif1115141241b.jpgattachicon.gif1115141241a.jpgattachicon.gif1115141241.jpgattachicon.gif1115141237a.jpgattachicon.gif1115141237b.jpg

That's a really big help thanks! How would you think the distances compare versus each other?

That's a really big help thanks! How would you think the distances compare versus each other?

Pretty much equal when you hit it solid. 545s and rsi2s maintain a bit more distance on mis hits.

Stock shaft on the rsi2 is a bit lighter than the s300 in the 545s. I have the dg s300 sl in my 545s and love them. Similar flight to the s300s but 15-20 grams lighter. I forget what the stock shaft in the 850fs was

Pretty much equal when you hit it solid. 545s and rsi2s maintain a bit more distance on mis hits.

Stock shaft on the rsi2 is a bit lighter than the s300 in the 545s. I have the dg s300 sl in my 545s and love them. Similar flight to the s300s but 15-20 grams lighter. I forget what the stock shaft in the 850fs was

Thanks so much for the info, I'm really down between the Mizuno and the srixon at this point. I would go Callaway Apex CF16 if I had the money, but I'm just trying to find something close to it in my price range. I might see if the z745s are in stock in a store nearby just to try them out.

Thanks so much for the info, I'm really down between the Mizuno and the srixon at this point. I would go Callaway Apex CF16 if I had the money, but I'm just trying to find something close to it in my price range. I might see if the z745s are in stock in a store nearby just to try them out.

Srixon 545s on ebay are an absolute steal.  4-Pw for between $400/500.

What type of shaft are you looking for?  545s are mid-high launching head with mid/low spin.  

Srixon 545s on ebay are an absolute steal. 4-Pw for between $400/500.

What type of shaft are you looking for? 545s are mid-high launching head with mid/low spin.

Yeah I know they are an amazing deal! I was looking at maybe the C-tapers since that's my current shaft. I need a lower launching shaft since I have such a high natural ball flight. It makes the usual game improvement irons impossible for me to use. My current players irons go further than my rocketbladez simply due to not ballooning up to the sky.

Yeah I know they are an amazing deal! I was looking at maybe the C-tapers since that's my current shaft. I need a lower launching shaft since I have such a high natural ball flight. It makes the usual game improvement irons impossible for me to use. My current players irons go further than my rocketbladez simply due to not ballooning up to the sky.

I had rocketbladez for about a year and they ballooned for me as well.  I actually played the 545s with Nippon 950 shafts for awhile and they launched super high, but still didnt get any ballooning except for on the short irons.

I played KBS Tours, Recoil f4 125s, and Nippon 950s in the 545s before finally finding a place that had Srixon fitting equipment and fit me into the DG SL S300

S300 shafts might be the ticket for you then if you like the weight of the C Tapers.

I had rocketbladez for about a year and they ballooned for me as well. I actually played the 545s with Nippon 950 shafts for awhile and they launched super high, but still didnt get any ballooning except for on the short irons.

I played KBS Tours, Recoil f4 125s, and Nippon 950s in the 545s before finally finding a place that had Srixon fitting equipment and fit me into the DG SL S300

S300 shafts might be the ticket for you then if you like the weight of the C Tapers.

I haven't had too much luck with s300's over the years, but it can't be worse than the stock TMAG shafts. I might get them in KBS tour if they have them. I'm a big KBS fan. I probably would want to hit the 545's first before I buy them. The tricky part is finding a set near me to hit

I haven't had too much luck with s300's over the years, but it can't be worse than the stock TMAG shafts. I might get them in KBS tour if they have them. I'm a big KBS fan. I probably would want to hit the 545's first before I buy them. The tricky part is finding a set near me to hit

I know PGA SS carried them.  Even select Golf Smiths carried them.  I know Golf Galaxy didn't carry them in store, but you could still order through them at the store.

I actually got fit into the KBS Tours when I first got the 545s. They were great performers in them.  I just wanted to go lighter because I am not getting to practice/play as much and I am finally admitting that I am not as athletic as I was when I was in my 20s.  I wanted something a little lighter so I wasn't laboring with my irons on the back 9.

I actually got fit into the KBS Tours when I first got the 545s.

I know PGA SS carried them. Even select Golf Smiths carried them. I know Golf Galaxy didn't carry them in store, but you could still order through them at the store.

I actually got fit into the KBS Tours when I first got the 545s. They were great performers in them. I just wanted to go lighter because I am not getting to practice/play as much and I am finally admitting that I am not as athletic as I was when I was in my 20s. I wanted something a little lighter so I wasn't laboring with my irons on the back 9.

I actually got fit into the KBS Tours when I first got the 545s.

I have a PGA SS down here, it's a bit of a drive but I do want to go explore over there. I just need a day off from school to check it out. I might hit the 850's if they have them there too. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and Golfsmith is right next door so I may bring my irons and other stuff to trade in and see what I can get in there before I make the haul to PGA SS.

So I went to golfsmith today after my doctor's appointment. Here is what I took away from it all: RSI 2 are back in the mix for me, Mizuno MP H5 is now in the mix, still didn't get to hit the Srixon z545's, and the second most surprising thing that happened for me today had to deal with the Mizuno Jpx 850 forged. I could not get a pure strike on them no matter how hard I tried. I switched clubs back and forth, I could pure every other club except the Jpx 850. I am convinced I am not destined to hit. Gonna do some research on the clubs I have narrowed it down to. I also have another major surprise that occurred today at Golfsmith, but that's for an article coming later 😉

I'm thinking about shoes. I've been a FootJoy Classics and Dryjoys guy for years. I only have one pair left (used to rotate through 3) and there's so many new styles and options these days.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:titelist-small: 913 D2 9.5° Diamana BlueBoard S+ 62g

:callaway-small: Diablo Octane Tour 15° Fujikura Motore F3 S-60

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Hawk Eye VFT 5W Callaway RCH-96

:mizuno-small: MP-22 HMB 19° N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120

:mizuno-small:  MP-55 4-PW N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 54.8 DGS400

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 60.6 DGS400

:cameron-small:  Studio Style Newport 2.5

:titelist-small:  ProV1

I'm thinking about shoes. I've been a FootJoy Classics and Dryjoys guy for years. I only have one pair left (used to rotate through 3) and there's so many new styles and options these days.

I'm glad I saw this! I tried on some FJ Freestyle today and I think they're the most comfortable golf shoe I've ever put on!!! I'll be keeping an eye out for these on sale!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm glad I saw this! I tried on some FJ Freestyle today and I think they're the most comfortable golf shoe I've ever put on!!! I'll be keeping an eye out for these on sale!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a pair of Footjoy Pro SL. Can you believe they will be the first pair of Footjoys Ive ever owned. I'm very anxious to see how they are.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

think i'm going to try the Yes! Donna.  Found a decent deal on one from 2008 in pretty good condition on the bay.  A lot of talk about this being pretty similar to the Scotty squareback (which I thoroughly enjoyed at Golfsmith but is WAAAAAAY overpriced) and anxious to try the "C-groove" tech.

Please warn me if I'm making a huge mistake.  =)

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Got a pair of Adidas 360 this year and they are THE BOMB.  I walk 90 percent of the time and these are super comfortable.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

So I went to golfsmith today after my doctor's appointment. Here is what I took away from it all: RSI 2 are back in the mix for me, Mizuno MP H5 is now in the mix, still didn't get to hit the Srixon z545's, and the second most surprising thing that happened for me today had to deal with the Mizuno Jpx 850 forged. I could not get a pure strike on them no matter how hard I tried. I switched clubs back and forth, I could pure every other club except the Jpx 850. I am convinced I am not destined to hit. Gonna do some research on the clubs I have narrowed it down to. I also have another major surprise that occurred today at Golfsmith, but that's for an article coming later

Funny - I have had a similar experiences with the 850Fs.  The three times I have attempted to hit them have been dreadful.  Don't know why struggle finding the center of the face with them.

Realizations about the way I use my 3W are making me seriously think about picking up an Aeroburner Mini Driver 16*. I almost always hit the 3W off the tee, and that extra volume and face area on the Mini (nearly 100cc bigger than my BB 3w) could give me that extra help. Plus I am more consistent with my driver than my 3W right now, so I figure if I make my 3W more driver like, it may just help. Off the deck, I'll stick with the 5w.

Currently In The Sun Mountain 3.5 DLX:
Drivers: â€‹nike.jpg Vapor Pro 12.5* (Open) [projectx.png Prototype (65g, approx. R+ flex)]
Fairway: callaway.jpg Big Bertha 3W (16*/N) [MitsubishiRayon.png Fubuki Zeta 65 stiff (69g)]
Fairway: callaway.jpg XR16 5W (19) [Grafalloy.pngProLaunch Blue 65 stiff (64g)]
Hybrids taylormade.jpg R15 4h (22*) [fujikra.png Speeder 77 Evolution (70g)]
Irons: bridgestone.jpg J15 DF 5-PW [Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ssx1]
Wedges: mizuno.jpg JPX 50*-6* [Dynalite Gold XP Wedge]
Wedges: callaway.jpg Forged Copper (54*-11*, 58*-9*) [Dynamic Gold Wedge]
Putter: Piretti.jpg Cottonwood II 355g (33")
Leupold GX-1i Rangefinder

Don't sell yourself short, Judge...you're a tremendous slouch!

Realizations about the way I use my 3W are making me seriously think about picking up an Aeroburner Mini Driver 16*. I almost always hit the 3W off the tee, and that extra volume and face area on the Mini (nearly 100cc bigger than my BB 3w) could give me that extra help. Plus I am more consistent with my driver than my 3W right now, so I figure if I make my 3W more driver like, it may just help. Off the deck, I'll stick with the 5w.

have you considered the bb mini?  Seems like it might be an option based on what you've described.

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/golf-clubs/fwoods-2015-bertha-mini-1-5.html

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Have you hit the M2 3 or 3HL yet?  I have been playing a 4 wood for the past few years but with the M2 it launches so easy off the deck that I only needed the 15*.  Great off the deck and an absolute bomber off the tee.

Edit: And I just noticed that you live back on the east coast now!  (I thought you were still out west)

Funny - I have had a similar experiences with the 850Fs. The three times I have attempted to hit them have been dreadful. Don't know why struggle finding the center of the face with them.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who had this issue with these irons. I'm going to hit them one more time before I rule them out. I still don't know why I cant get them clean.

Got a pair of Adidas 360 this year and they are THE BOMB. I walk 90 percent of the time and these are super comfortable.

I'm open to just about any shoe manufacturer as long as they're comfy, look good and last more than a year or two.

:titelist-small: 913 D2 9.5° Diamana BlueBoard S+ 62g

:callaway-small: Diablo Octane Tour 15° Fujikura Motore F3 S-60

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Hawk Eye VFT 5W Callaway RCH-96

:mizuno-small: MP-22 HMB 19° N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120

:mizuno-small:  MP-55 4-PW N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 54.8 DGS400

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 60.6 DGS400

:cameron-small:  Studio Style Newport 2.5

:titelist-small:  ProV1

I'm open to just about any shoe manufacturer as long as they're comfy, look good and last more than a year or two.

These are great - I got the wide.  Usually wear a 10 but 9.5 fit well.  They've held up very well and have excellent waterproofing.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

have you considered the bb mini?  Seems like it might be an option based on what you've described.

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/golf-clubs/fwoods-2015-bertha-mini-1-5.html

I sure have. Hit it a ways back and thought it was awesome. I'm concerned it will actually be too close to my driver in distance though - this club isn't really supposed to be a driver substitute, more of a 3W substitute with extra size and forgiveness. We shall see though, considering all options!

Have you hit the M2 3 or 3HL yet?  I have been playing a 4 wood for the past few years but with the M2 it launches so easy off the deck that I only needed the 15*.  Great off the deck and an absolute bomber off the tee.

Edit: And I just noticed that you live back on the east coast now!  (I thought you were still out west)

I have not, though I want to. It doesn't have the extra size of the mini driver though, which is what I'm looking to experiment with.

And yep, in PA now! We should be able to play more often now, hopefully!

Currently In The Sun Mountain 3.5 DLX:
Drivers: â€‹nike.jpg Vapor Pro 12.5* (Open) [projectx.png Prototype (65g, approx. R+ flex)]
Fairway: callaway.jpg Big Bertha 3W (16*/N) [MitsubishiRayon.png Fubuki Zeta 65 stiff (69g)]
Fairway: callaway.jpg XR16 5W (19) [Grafalloy.pngProLaunch Blue 65 stiff (64g)]
Hybrids taylormade.jpg R15 4h (22*) [fujikra.png Speeder 77 Evolution (70g)]
Irons: bridgestone.jpg J15 DF 5-PW [Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ssx1]
Wedges: mizuno.jpg JPX 50*-6* [Dynalite Gold XP Wedge]
Wedges: callaway.jpg Forged Copper (54*-11*, 58*-9*) [Dynamic Gold Wedge]
Putter: Piretti.jpg Cottonwood II 355g (33")
Leupold GX-1i Rangefinder

Don't sell yourself short, Judge...you're a tremendous slouch!

think i'm going to try the Yes! Donna.  Found a decent deal on one from 2008 in pretty good condition on the bay.  A lot of talk about this being pretty similar to the Scotty squareback (which I thoroughly enjoyed at Golfsmith but is WAAAAAAY overpriced) and anxious to try the "C-groove" tech.

Please warn me if I'm making a huge mistake.  =)

Well... I'm now the owner of Yes! Donna.  A couple of guys (Blixt is the latest I think) won some tourneys with this so hopefully it will bring me the same luck.  

Makes me think of that Ritchie Valens song "O Donna..."

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Really looking to get the Cleveland rtx 3, the 50 in a CB. But the wait has me bummed

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Z545 irons are the ones I hit at the show, but I'm open to trying the Z355's, as well.  I'm willing to try anything the fitter recommends, but the Z545's are what's motivating me to setup the fitting.

I was still recovering from a "diagnostic procedure" from the week before, so I wasn't really in top form (at all) but I was both surprised and pleased with how well the fitting turned out.  I had a putter fitting last year with Thomas Elsberry and was really impressed with his knowledge, so he was the fitter I scheduled for my iron fitting.

As I've stated earlier, the Srixon Z545 irons prompted my desire for a fitting, but I told Thomas I'd follow his recommendations, no matter what brand he decided would be my best fit.  Why try to "fit myself" when I'm paying for the services of a level 3 Master Fitter?

The "Tour Van" fitting is like no other fitting I've had, the GEARS system they use is more sophisticated than anything I've seen before (http://gearsgolf.com/).  BarbaJo did an earlier review with the details (http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/12417-a-tour-van-level-fitting-in-minneapolis-or-how-golfspy-barbajo-got-xtra-stiff), but ball flight and performance is ultimately all about physics and math and Thomas really, REALLY knows the math and the equipment better than anyone I've ever been fitted by before (and I consider them pretty good fitters).  For an interview with Thomas, use this link (http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/12370-an-interview-with-a-master-club-fitter-video/?hl=%222nd+swing%22).

When all was said and done, the Srixons didn't make the cut but surprisingly enough, when I went to Totally Driven for a wedge fitting thinking I'd come home with Edel wedges, I came home with Ping Glides.  My new irons are Ping G series 5-PW.  More upright and shorter shafts than what I was playing with before.  http://www.ping.com/clubs/ironsdetail.aspx?id=20215  Maybe, I'm a Ping Guy and just never knew it.

Since I wasn't feeling all that well when I got fit, I was concerned that the Pings might not really perform any better (or as well) as the irons I've been gaming, but was really anxious for them to arrive so I could get to the range and try them side by side.

The irons were delivered earlier this week and I've had two trips to the range and 9 holes with them, so far.  There's honestly no comparison with my previous irons in both feel and performance.  Higher ball flight with better carry distance than my previous set and now that I'm getting used to them, much more confidence when I setup.

At this stage, I honestly don't think I'll make anymore equipment changes without making a trip to 2nd Swing and having a fitting with Thomas.  As I've said before, I thought I was striking the ball fairly well this season, considering I've had so many gaps between being able to play this year, but now that I've hit my previous irons side by side with the fitted Pings, the difference is like night and day.

The only downside to the the fitting is, now I want to get fit for the rest of my bag ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I have anxiously been awaiting the 917 release as in my mind it was a forgone conclusion I would be picking up a D2.

But I have to admit the new BB Fusion has certainly caught my attention.

I have anxiously been awaiting the 917 release as in my mind it was a forgone conclusion I would be picking up a D2.

But I have to admit the new BB Fusion has certainly caught my attention.

I've had the chance to hit this line of clubs early thanks to knowing a Titleist rep. Let's just say the 917 D3 will be going in my bag upon release. These might be my favorite release from Titleist to date.

I've had the chance to hit this line of clubs early thanks to knowing a Titleist rep. Let's just say the 917 D3 will be going in my bag upon release. These might be my favorite release from Titleist to date.

I missed the rep the day he was by our course, don't you know the one day I go out for lunch instead of eating onsite...LOL

But I have heard similar thoughts as yours from others.   If it's half as good for me as the 816 H1 has been, I'll be a very happy camper. 

Trying to decide on some Callaway M.D. 3 wedges, would pair nice with my PM 58*

My Mixed-Bag: