Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

I hit the black in a pxg hybrid and it was crazy long. No clue on the red, but at medium launch/medium spin, it's perfect for a fairway.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

That's good to hear. I like the looks of the Epic. No point in even trying at this point for me anyway. .... I'll wait till later this summer or next year and let the price shrivel.

Might as well try it even if you aren't buying it this year. I should've taken a picture of the LM data. I was getting them out there around 270 carry and a few getting close to 160mph ball speed which I was pleased with. But I'll be testing it a few more times before I commit to even buyin one

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Might as well try it even if you aren't buying it this year. I should've taken a picture of the LM data. I was getting them out there around 270 carry and a few getting close to 160mph ball speed which I was pleased with. But I'll be testing it a few more times before I commit to even buyin one

I'm definitely interested in seeing if the Epic can get me above 160 ball speed. My M1 is consistently 157-158. 2-3 more MPH and straight would be incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm definitely interested in seeing if the Epic can get me above 160 ball speed. My M1 is consistently 157-158. 2-3 more MPH and straight would be incredible.

I really think with a good fitting I could get even more out of it. I was surprised at how forgiving it was. I hit some awful shots with it and ball speeds still held up in the mid 150s

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

I really think with a good fitting I could get even more out of it. I was surprised at how forgiving it was. I hit some awful shots with it and ball speeds still held up in the mid 150s

Regular Epic, or SZ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Epic, or SZ?

Subzero. The 10.5 head turned down to 9 with an open face angle

Subzero. The 10.5 head turned down to 9 with an open face angle

Curious, which shafts were available?

Curious, which shafts were available?

I hit the rouge max which wasn't bad and then the speeder evolution. Both stiff in the 60 gram weights.

I will be getting the Ben Hogan PTx irons this spring. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Thinking about new clubs for my daughter. She's been working hard on her game and is almost ready for new clubs. Just need to work out fitting and budget, which gives me a bit of time to convince my wife it's a good idea.

Took my daughter to see a club builder friend of mine today. She wasn't too sure before we got there, but came away really impressed. He suggested moving her into light weight regular steel shafts, soft stepped twice. He also had a look at her driver and suggested cutting it down ( it was 45 inches) He replaced the grip with a lighter grip (which matches her iron grips) to maintain a D0 swing weight. For new irons he strongly recommended moving to a mid range forged head with minimal offset, to sharpen her swing whilst it's on the improve and to retain the ability to adjust loft and lie if needed as her swing changes.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I've hit the Fusion 44.5 half a dozen times now and walk away with lust. All the numbers are solid for me with this driver. I hit the Epic along side it and the Fusion felt better. It could have been the length, head shape, shaft or whatever however I will own a Fusion In 2017!... ❤️

I'm curious if the Epic will have a 44.5 length available?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I've hit the Fusion 44.5 half a dozen times now and walk away with lust. All the numbers are solid for me with this driver. I hit the Epic along side it and the Fusion felt better. It could have been the length, head shape, shaft or whatever however I will own a Fusion In 2017!... ❤️

I'm curious if the Epic will have a 44.5 length available?

Sure, just ask wherever you buy it from to butt trim the length when you buy it and they should do it for free. 

You could always swap in the fusion shaft into the Epic to try one at shorter length for demo purposes. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Sure, just ask wherever you buy it from to butt trim the length when you buy it and they should do it for free. 

You could always swap in the fusion shaft into the Epic to try one at shorter length for demo purposes. 

The thing that really got my attention was the Fusion has a heavier (12) gram weight in the head to offset the shorter 44.5 shaft.  The swing weight (D2) is exactly the same as the standard length  driver 45.5 that has the (6) gram weight.  If the Epic does not come at the 44.5 offering then weight would have to be added with tape or whatever to get the swing weight up to specs.

Cleveland

The thing that really got my attention was the Fusion has a heavier (12) gram weight in the head to offset the shorter 44.5 shaft.  The swing weight (D2) is exactly the same as the standard length  driver 45.5 that has the (6) gram weight.  If the Epic does not come at the 44.5 offering then weight would have to be added with tape or whatever to get the swing weight up to specs.

If you go to the Callaway website and select the Epic driver, you can configure the club length up to 2 inches shorter in 1/4" increments.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If you go to the Callaway website and select the Epic driver, you can configure the club length up to 2 inches shorter in 1/4" increments.

Wow that's interesting! I'm impressed that Cally decided to offer the shorter length drivers.

Cleveland

Wow that's interesting! I'm impressed that Cally decided to offer the shorter length drivers.

All of them will actually do this. They are just butt trimming the shaft and then throwing a grip on there. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Picked up a f6 baffler and at 21 degree apex ut super cheap. Can't wait to hit them.

Enjoy those new toys~!

Cleveland

All of them will actually do this. They are just butt trimming the shaft and then throwing a grip on there. 

I agree they all do this and in fact, I have done it myself to various drivers over the years.  Easy peasy to whack an inch off and regrip it however getting the swing weight back to D2 is the hard part. It takes a ton of lead tape to do this.  Cally made it where you can buy a driver (Fusion) 44.5 with a D2 swing weight. 

The rule says the swing weight will change 3 points per half inch when you shorten a shaft, so if you cut 1 inch off it will be 6 swing weights lighter. This can be countered by adding a heavier weight via lead tape etc.  or lightening the grip. 

Per Callaway:  Unique to today's offerings Callaway is provides the options to have the Fusion driver in two different stock lengths, 44.5 inches and 45.5 inches. Both will have the same swing weight but the longer option was designed for players who strike the ball solidly but need more distance, while the shorter option is for players who need help in finding the sweet spot more often.

Dave Neville, Callaway Senior Director of Brand Management for Metal Woods and Wedges

“It's the first time ever we've offered two stock lengths. We have the normal 45.5 and we have the 1-inch under. The 1-inch under has a 12-gram weight, so it's a pretty elegant solution. It doesn't mess up the swing weight when you go with the 1-inch under. They're both at a target of D2. If you're a golfer who always hits it in the center of the face and you need as many yards as you can get, go with the longer. But if you're a player that's kind of hitting it all over the face, you might try the shorter one.”

Cleveland

I listened to one of the podcasts on Callaways site and if you shorten the epic with the epic with the slide weight you get 2 weights.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thinking about the Bridgestone JGR driver or Srixon z355 driver. Want to try them both out but will probably wait until fall or next winter when they get replaced by the next cycle and go on sale.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I'm contemplating the new Cobra one length irons. Has anyone had the chance to demo these?

Sent from my VK810 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have not but think it is an interesting idea, particularly in the longer irons. I wonder if you could get the F7 single length in the lower lofts, say 7i and up, but switch to the regular F7s for 8i and below. I think that having longer length irons for pw thru 8i would take some getting used to otherwise. Also makes for a big jump between your irons and wedges. Wishon also makes some single length irons that look pretty good.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I've got many things running through my head, but the new Ping Answer 2 and the EvnRoll are at the top of my list

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Nice! Which Evnroll model you thing about? I have both a Ping Anser 2 TR and an Evnroll ER2

Er2 or er5. I need to roll them somewhere. What do you think of them?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Er2 or er5. I need to roll them somewhere. What do you think of them?

Enjoy them both. The Ping is probably my favorite Anser style putter. TR grooves feel great

Love the ER2. Similar headshape to an Odyssey 1Wide. Really great feel and balance to the putter. Heavier than the Ping so may take some getting used to depending on what you're coming from.

Plan on gaming the ER2 for the entire year