TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

Still in the market for some new irons. I was pretty much sold on waiting to see what Titlest announces with there new irons later this year, but I got the chance to play a round with Mizuno JPX 900 tour irons and wow those are some of the best feeling irons I have hit in a long time. It brought me back to memories of high school golf and my MP33s. I still plan on waiting but I will be swinging these with the new AP2s in the fitting stall this winter for sure.

Looking to buy a new Aldila NV Green shaft for my driver,  I need to bring my launch angle down.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Today is the big day. Super crazy outing where I will get to take home some new callaway or taylormade equipment! Going to hit everything on the trackman on the range and take home whatever fits me best!

Let us know what you take home enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Today is the big day.  Super crazy outing where I will get to take home some new callaway or taylormade equipment!  Going to hit everything on the trackman on the range and take home whatever fits me best!

I'm excited for you brah!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Looking at replacing my Adams Hybrid with a Titleist T-MB 3 iron. I was a little intimidated by it at first but I've found I hit it more consistently than the hybrid.

Driver: Cobra King F7, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0, 9.5º

3W: Cobra King F7, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0, 14.5º

Hybrid: Callaway XR Steelhead 19º

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2, True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT, Standard lofts and lie

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3.0 50º, 54º, 58º, Tour Raw finish

Putter: Scotty Cameron Cameron & Crown Newport Mallet 1

Ball: Bridgestone B330 RXS or Titleist ProV1 or Vice Pro

After seeing the tweet, this.......

DCtZTHyWsAAEkIs.jpg

Love the blue!

Yeah .. nice blue!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Cobra King F7 3/4 wood, tried it at a demo day and really want to grab one.

You won't regret it!

Driver: Cobra King F7, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

3W: Cobra King F7, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

Hybrid: Adams Pro 18°, Aldila Rogue Black

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2, DG AMT S300

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3.0 50°, 54°, 58°

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach 6, 33 inch

Driver: Cobra King F7, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0, 9.5º

3W: Cobra King F7, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0, 14.5º

Hybrid: Callaway XR Steelhead 19º

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2, True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT, Standard lofts and lie

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3.0 50º, 54º, 58º, Tour Raw finish

Putter: Scotty Cameron Cameron & Crown Newport Mallet 1

Ball: Bridgestone B330 RXS or Titleist ProV1 or Vice Pro

I can't think of anything to put into this thread....It's such an odd feeling haha

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I can't think of anything to put into this thread....It's such an odd feeling haha

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I could give you a list of things I want, and you can buy me stuff off of it :)

• 2 weeks later...

After hitting jlukes' 2017 M2 driver with nice results and really liking how the it felt, I went to GG today to try it some more, get some numbers and compare it to my current driver. Here are my random thoughts.

They only had a 9.5 with a hzrds yellow shaft in 6.0 flex even thought I wanted 5.5 at 10.5 loft. Regardless, ball speed with the M2 was on average 5 mph faster than my gamer, with more carry. Accuracy wise, it was just as good if not better than my gamer.

I then wanted to see how other shafts with the M2 held up and also tried the M2-D. While the results were very good, I wasn't getting the ball speed or distance I was with the yellow. Based on what I saw on the course the other day with jlukes', I was happy with what I was seeing.

I then tried a few other drivers for comparison. I tried the Epic and did not like at all how it felt and wasn't seeing anything spectacular. In fact, if I went Callaway, I would get a Fusion. Straight as an arrow and got out there almost as far as the M2. It was the second best driver I tried.

I tried the Titleist 917 and wasn't plussed, it was probably my least favorite. I also tried the Wilson Triton that sounded hideous at impact, but I'd rate it the third best results-wise, even though it didn't beat out my gamer.

Out of curiosity, I tried the 2017 m2 hybrid and it was the best feeling TM hybrid I've hit. I had the Jetspeed for a couple years and had some time with the R15, and while I enjoyed those, the impact was and results were eye opening. Might have to go back and check it out some more.

I'm going with the M2 at 10.5 with the hzrds yellow at 5.5. While it'll take a couple weeks to come in, I'll get the head and pair it with my Diamana Blue until the Yellow gets in. Thus far, I haven't seen a dramatic miss and the larger club head size instills confidence at address. Going back tomorrow for one more LM session and if all goes well, will pull the trigger.

I figure that if it doesn't work out for whatever reason, it won't be that tough to snag a Fusion or XR16 head....

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

You absolutely pounded the M2 dude. Best ball flight I've seen you have with a driver since the sldr

The ball flight was what got my attention the most so good to hear.

It'll be nice having all TM woods in the bag again. Have been extremely impressed with every club I've hit from the M line.

The ball flight was what got my attention the most so good to hear.

It'll be nice having all TM woods in the bag again. Have been extremely impressed with every club I've hit from the M line.

You prefer the M2 over the M1 I take it? What stands out to you?

- Alan

- Alan

For me I had these 2016 M1 which I was fit into and loved, however I got the opportunity to get fit into a new driver at an amazing outing and the 2017 M2 won. Same distance on good hits as my M1, but more forgiving. The M2 keeps the spin up on off centers hits so when I toe one it is doesn't dive bomb to the left like I did with my M1. Incredible distance and mitigating my left side miss? Yes please

- Alan

The forgiveness. The M1 was great and saw good results with it but the misses were more severe with it than the M2. To me, the misses are almost as important as what the club does when you hit it well. With the M2, even less than ideal shots ended up on great position.

I'm also not a big adjustability guy, so those features of the M1 didn't sway me at all.

They're similar but got along a little better with the M2.

The forgiveness. The M1 was great and saw good results with it but the misses were more severe with it than the M2. To me, the misses are almost as important as what the club does when you hit it well. With the M2, even less than ideal shots ended up on great position.

I'm also not a big adjustability guy, so those features of the M1 didn't sway me at all.

They're similar but got along a little better with the M2.

Thanks! I am not a fan of all he moveable, slider, weight gadgets either.

Might have to give it a try.

- Alan

For me I had these 2016 M1 which I was fit into and loved, however I got the opportunity to get fit into a new driver at an amazing outing and the 2017 M2 won. Same distance on good hits as my M1, but more forgiving. The M2 keeps the spin up on off centers hits so when I toe one it is doesn't dive bomb to the left like I did with my M1. Incredible distance and mitigating my left side miss? Yes please

Check, and check! I'd just have to get the white painted black like that custom one I saw somewhere around here.

Does that white/black contrast aid or hinder alignment?

- Alan

Check, and check! I'd just have to get the white painted black like that custom one I saw somewhere around here.

Does that white/black contrast aid or hinder alignment?

- Alan

Continental Golf will do the trick.

I think I am going to start an 2017 M2 thread (for driver and fairway woods) next week when I get back from vacation.  I want to talk more about my clubs and hear about others using them as well!

Was "fit" into a Cameron Select Newport 3 today....Sadly 379.99 is juuuuuust a bit out of my price range....trying to figure out what the closest thing to it that's a bit more affordable (~200?)....golo 3? Del mar 3.5? Odyssey white hot 9?....would love a Scotty...never owned one but tried them many times. So pure.

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Continental Golf will do the trick.

I think I am going to start an 2017 M2 thread (for driver and fairway woods) next week when I get back from vacation. I want to talk more about my clubs and hear about others using them as well!

Sounds good. Can't wait. Enjoy the vacation!

- Alan

Was "fit" into a Cameron Select Newport 3 today....Sadly 379.99 is juuuuuust a bit out of my price range....trying to figure out what the closest thing to it that's a bit more affordable (~200?)....golo 3? Del mar 3.5? Odyssey white hot 9?....would love a Scotty...never owned one but tried them many times. So pure.

Sent from my LG-D851 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dang!

- Alan

Bushnell V4... unless anyone can recommend a better range finder...

:ping-small:  Hoofer Blue and Grey Stand Bag

:ping-small: I25 9.5 Driver - PWR65 shaft

:ping-small: I25 3 Wood - PWR65 shaft

:ping-small: I200 - 3 to PW - KBS Tour S shafts

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 - 50,54,58 KBS Wedge Shafts

:taylormade-small: DA12 Tour Ghost Putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1

Bushnell V4... unless anyone can recommend a better range finder...

I just got one and I really like it so far. Finds the pin pretty easily, lets you know when it does. Seems pretty accurate too, each time I zap the flag a couple of times and the difference is always within 2y of each other.

I've heard good things about the breaking80 range finder as well. I would have pulled the trigger on that when they had their Father's Day sale, but they sell through Amazon and Amazon won't ship to Hawaii. Don't know if it's the laser, or the battery, but the battery on the v4 is removable and disposable, and they won't even ship that one here.

Check the reviews out for the NX7 pro in the member's review section as well. I think someone compared it side by side with a Bushnell and said it's a little slower, but just as good. You just missed the sale on the NX7 unfortunately, but if you sign up for their newsletter you get $10 off.

Drat! Im hearing the same with M2, so maybe another driver is in the works.

Also im going to get a few Steelfiber irons put together so I can hit a few for awhile and see.

Just when you think the bag is good or complete for awhile, it isnt. :)