TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

This bad boy!!!!!

http://www.touredge.com/products/cbxfairway.asp

I hit this tonight at the PGA Superstore in Southlake, TX. I came-in cold, and wasn't swinging all-out, I was averaging 255-261 carry, and had a couple when I let it rip get out to 281 and 284, total! This thing is HOT! Good gracious. 13.5* version. Man-oh-man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

After watching Matt at txg hit the m3 fw it resparked my search for one. Also a shaft that closey matches the Fuji pro 2.0 I hit with it

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Pending ping iron release of i210 and whatever finau is playing

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Not so much something I'm thinking about, but something my son is convinced I need to buy him: this box set of Rickie Fowler clubs.

I'd love nothing more than to do it, but I'll be honest: it's hard to do it (at $200) when he leaves his clubs around the yard, occasionally drags them across asphalt, etc. Maybe when he's 8, not 5 :-)

attachicon.gif20180611_133534.jpeg

That's what my 12yo is gaming this season after out growing his Top Flites.

Thankfully I found someone on the Facebook Marketplace selling a brand new set her son received for Christmas and had no interest in, so I saved a few bucks that way.

I still, however, had to buy him all new shoes, shorts, shirts, and a glove after he outgrew all of those from last season too!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I have the non-stealth version 50/54/58 and really like them. They aren't "soft" like other wedges but that's something I really like. They wear very well and I think you'll enjoy them!

PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* & 50* wedges. 58* has been ordered... B)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Rangefinder?

Got $240 in gift cards for my pro shop but really do not need anything.

Have a brand new bag, driver, fairways, Hybrids, Irons & Wedges for the Cobra Connect Challenge.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I'm in a putter dilemma, the 13 slots are rock solid but I have 3 strong contenders for the putter spot. I'm a decent putter but always aim to be better. It's down to a Scotty 6m, Nike Origins B02-01, and a Seemore Ptm1 Stealth. All have their pros and cons so I'm stuck at the moment. If it was worthwhile I'd go to Galaxy and trade them all in for a Toulon Indianapolis or Portland.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OK, broken record here, but with the absolute success being fitted to my new 58* wedge and hitting it for the first time with awesome results, I'm definitely going to be ordering a 54* and a 50* next month. Both will be the PING Glide 2.0 Stealths with the green dot lie angle. I'll get the 54 with the TS grind and the 50 in the SS grind. The Alta CB graphite shafts in stiff-flex will be the ones of choice and both will have those awesome PING Dyla-Wedge grips installed!

B) 

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Got $240 in gift cards for my pro shop but really do not need anything.

Have a brand new bag, driver, fairways, Hybrids, Irons & Wedges for the Cobra Connect Challenge.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You never need anything, but it's so hard not to get anything new and shiny!

Range finder?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Shafts for my irons. I don't have to buy any, because I have 6 different sets. I fortunately had 6 different 8 iron heads also, so tomorrow I am going to the range and then the course and playing all of them.

I noticed this weekend that hitting the MP33 7 iron on the C Tapers vs the MP64 7 on the XP95 I was at least a half club shorter. So I decided to test these on the course. Then, I noticed I had all these other heads and shafts with grips on them already to go in 8 iron, so, I now have a test to perform.

C Tapers vs C Taper Lites vs PX vs DG S300 vs XP95 vs KBS Tour all 8 irons. Mostly blades but shouldn't make a difference in the short irons.

I went to the range on Tuesday and quickly found there was not as significant difference in the different 8 irons. However, I knew that on the 6 & 5 irons, especially, I just didn't have the distance with these shafts I had had with the C Taper Lites. So, on Thursday, after much debate, I made the switch to the CTLites. I played on Friday and could not be happier. 

I gained a small distance with each club, but more importantly, I now have a more manageable gap between my irons and hybrids.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Hi-Toe wedges from TaylorMade? I really like the look of these.

Callaway Rouge SZ 9 Driver

Rogue 3 wood - Aldila Synergy 

Rogue SZ 5 wood- Project X Even Flow Blue

Sub 70 699 U 22*

Taylor Made M4 5-AW - KBS Max 

Ping Glide 4.0 Wedges 54* and 58*

Sub 70 005 Wide Blade putter

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Hi-Toe wedges from TaylorMade? I really like the look of these.

If you like the looks then get them. My opinion is that 99% of the name brand golf equipment is better than 99% of the players. Sure, if you like the looks of a blade, but can't make consistent contact then you would be best with something else, however, when it comes to short game, you liking the looks of a club go a long way towards your performance with the club. The mentality of "Awesome, I get to use _______!" is much better than "Crap, I have to hit a wedge."

If you like the looks then get them. My opinion is that 99% of the name brand golf equipment is better than 99% of the players. Sure, if you like the looks of a blade, but can't make consistent contact then you would be best with something else, however, when it comes to short game, you liking the looks of a club go a long way towards your performance with the club. The mentality of "Awesome, I get to use _______!" is much better than "Crap, I have to hit a wedge."

Thanks Pharm Boy! I bought some new wedges a few weeks ago. Of course, they had brand new grips, but I didn't like these grips and was waiting, for some reason, to replace them. I had 3 Best Grips MicroPerfs  to put on them but since the ones on there were brand new, I didn't.

My short game since my return has been horrible. I was considering going back to my old wedges that are at least 6 years old, mainly because I like the grips.

Then I responded to your post and realized, that I needed to fall in love with these new wedges, and the best way to do that was to put grips on there that I loved.

So, the new grips are installed and I'm ready for tomorrow, 7 am.

Good Luck tomorrow RoverRick!

Sub 70 699 U 22*

Thanks Pharm Boy! I bought some new wedges a few weeks ago. Of course, they had brand new grips, but I didn't like these grips and was waiting, for some reason, to replace them. I had 3 Best Grips MicroPerfs  to put on them but since the ones on there were brand new, I didn't.

My short game since my return has been horrible. I was considering going back to my old wedges that are at least 6 years old, mainly because I like the grips.

Then I responded to your post and realized, that I needed to fall in love with these new wedges, and the best way to do that was to put grips on there that I loved.

So, the new grips are installed and I'm ready for tomorrow, 7 am.

This worked. One chip in birdie, lots of ups and downs, best short game outing since my return.

Definitely thinking about finally getting a 3 wood, but don't think I'd be able to hit it well. Also like the looks of the old Adams DHY hybrids/driving irons to replace my 4 iron.

-Cascadian

Driver: Cobra BioCell Orange, 10.5*, Aldila NV Stiff Flex

3 Hybrid: Adams Idea Tech V3, 19*, Stiff Flex

Irons: Callaway RazrX 4-PW, Std Loft/Lie, Callaway Uniflex

52*: Taylormade ATV

56*: Callaway RazrX Forged

60*: Nike Engage, Dual Sole

Putter: Odyssey O-Works Tank #7, 35", Std Loft/Lie

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RXS

Think about a Rogue 3 and 5 wood?

Anyone think these are the real deal?

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I think different clubs work for different people. Some should avoid 3 wood. But if you want one I would also look at the cobra f8 and f8+.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think different clubs work for different people. Some should avoid 3 wood. But if you want one I would also look at the cobra f8 and f8+.

Another vote for the F8 fairway wood

Just ordered a Graffaloy BiMatrix Tour Prototype for my F8+ on the cheap. Hopefully the steel tip section helps eliminate the left side of the golf course better than my HZRDUS Yellow.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Well, I wasn't thinking about any equipment other than perhaps reshafting my irons, regripping my new wedges and perhaps getting a used SLDR 3HL fairway metal. since I love the driver and the hybrids. OK, that's quite a bit of equipment.

Then I got back involved with MGS. They were doing member testing of the Mizuno ST180. Suddenly, I was interested in a new driver. And they also had that Global Golf add sitting on the right hand side of the screen to Trade In and Trade Up. So, I checked out a few extra clubs I have sitting here collecting dust.

And now I will soon have $650 dollars in store credit.

Originally, I was going to get a Mizuno ST180 driver, but after careful consideration, a new driver will not effect my score. When I miss a fairway it is not the driver's fault. As far as distance gains, I seriously doubt that I will gain more than 5 yards with a new driver. Sure if I could gain 30 it would be great, but not very realistic.

So I thought about what would really help my game and have come up with 2 things. A GPS/Range Finder and a new putter. Yeah, I have a putter or 5 putters but I have never bought a brand new putter.

I went to the PGA Superstore today and gave myself a putter fitting. It is amazing how much the neck arrangement has on the ball going into the hole. I did find that with a plumber neck style putter I made significantly more putts than my current gamer.

So a Range Finder and a putter seem to be coming in the near future. Besides, a driver worth $300 today is worth $30 in a couple of years. Where a Putter worth $300 today is worth $250 in a couple of years.

Well, I wasn't thinking about any equipment other than perhaps reshafting my irons, regripping my new wedges and perhaps getting a used SLDR 3HL fairway metal. since I love the driver and the hybrids. OK, that's quite a bit of equipment.

Then I got back involved with MGS. They were doing member testing of the Mizuno ST180. Suddenly, I was interested in a new driver. And they also had that Global Golf add sitting on the right hand side of the screen to Trade In and Trade Up. So, I checked out a few extra clubs I have sitting here collecting dust.

And now I will soon have $650 dollars in store credit.

Originally, I was going to get a Mizuno ST180 driver, but after careful consideration, a new driver will not effect my score. When I miss a fairway it is not the driver's fault. As far as distance gains, I seriously doubt that I will gain more than 5 yards with a new driver. Sure if I could gain 30 it would be great, but not very realistic.

So I thought about what would really help my game and have come up with 2 things. A GPS/Range Finder and a new putter. Yeah, I have a putter or 5 putters but I have never bought a brand new putter.

I went to the PGA Superstore today and gave myself a putter fitting. It is amazing how much the neck arrangement has on the ball going into the hole. I did find that with a plumber neck style putter I made significantly more putts than my current gamer.

So a Range Finder and a putter seem to be coming in the near future. Besides, a driver worth $300 today is worth $30 in a couple of years. Where a Putter worth $300 today is worth $250 in a couple of years.

I'd argue that if you get a driver that is properly fit to you, who really cares what the resale value is.

Oh the Titleist TS2 & TS3 drivers!  (drooling like Homer over a donut!)   :D

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I'd argue that if you get a driver that is properly fit to you, who really cares what the resale value is.

True, I never cared about resell value before, and have rarely even resold a club. I still have clubs I bought in 2004. (One still keeps creeping back into the bag. 980F 17* is still simply awesome.)

But I have a driver that fits me properly, so since I will be changing one driver for a new one, I may gain a few yards but not a game changer. Sure, if suddenly I became DJ or BK (Brooks deserves his own initials) than sure, give me a new driver. but realistically I can only shave strokes with better iron play, wedges, and putter. I have brand new wedges, and nothing wrong with my irons.

Putter and range finder seem that best use of the credit.

Today is the day I finally completely ditch Taylormade and get my Titleist AP1's!

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I started using them this year, and I've had a lot of success. Good distance and control. 

Sub 70 699 U 22*

I probably need new shoes. I see all these new golf shoes that look and feel like normal sneakers, but I prefer the cleated shoes. That's what I learned to play with and I think they definitely grip the ground better, when needed. I like the puma/cobra gear. Any suggestions on a shoe from them?