TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

Kind of want a dozen shamrock truvis.....and also debating getting some custom headcovers made. This snowy weather is not doing good things for my online shopping...

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Came across this on Twitter today:

I'm not normally a $45 headcover kind of guy, but that is sweet. Also, I want to get one before they get their cease and desist from Augusta National, Inc.

OK, I need opinions. The state headcovers come in green, light blue, and yellow. I'm not big on the yellow, but can't decide between the green and the light blue. Your thoughts? I'll be going with Michigan with either color.

massters-michigan-blue-mock-flat_900x.jpg

massters-florida-grn-mock-flat_900x.jpg

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

OK, I need opinions. The state headcovers come in green, light blue, and yellow. I'm not big on the yellow, but can't decide between the green and the light blue. Your thoughts? I'll be going with Michigan with either color.

The green, definitely. Looks real classy.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Green for sure. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

massters-michigan-blue-mock-flat_900x.jpg.8f637006122be09efddc1c1193372df5.jpg
massters-florida-grn-mock-flat_900x.jpg.35b0ff9b2c32db328912cb0f2eb42b01.jpg

Light blue looks fantastic. Green does make it look like a Masters cover

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Irons and too many choices to decide what I want. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Hit the g410 today.....small sample size and didn’t have the g400 to compare it too but oh man did it feel good

6 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Hit the g410 today.....small sample size and didn’t have the g400 to compare it too but oh man did it feel good

I hit it last sunday.  Was pretty damn impressed and saw some interesting ball flights when moving around the hosel and the weight.

... After looking for what seemed like years for the original RSi UDi 2 iron that can go for $400 and up on bay since they are discontinued, I have been putting in bids around $100 because I was not sure it would be much different in performance than my UDi 3 iron. It is only 2* stronger and 1/2" longer although internal weighting may be different. I have probably bid on 20 of them with no success, and I was bidding on 3 of them and lost the first 2 and quite frankly forgot about the 3rd because I have been playing every day here in Phoenix. I got an email and was surprised I won a bid for one at $105!!! It arrived last week and I regripped it with a Utx to match my irons, although it has a Steelfiber 110 stiff flex that is a bit stouter than my Recoil 95's. 

... Oh my am I glad I was patient. Maybe 10 yards longer with a flatter trajectory and less spin. I can use it from a good lie in the fairway when I need a lower second shot to a par 5 into the wind but will use it almost exclusively off the tee and it has already proven to be a great addition to my bag when I need a long but accurate shot off the tee. It is just amazing how much friendlier the modern driving irons are compared to 2 irons I played before hybrids became available. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... After looking for what seemed like years for the original RSi UDi 2 iron that can go for $400 and up on bay since they are discontinued, I have been putting in bids around $100 because I was not sure it would be much different in performance than my UDi 3 iron. It is only 2* stronger and 1/2" longer although internal weighting may be different. I have probably bid on 20 of them with no success, and I was bidding on 3 of them and lost the first 2 and quite frankly forgot about the 3rd because I have been playing every day here in Phoenix. I got an email and was surprised I won a bid for one at $105!!! It arrived last week and I regripped it with a Utx to match my irons, although it has a Steelfiber 110 stiff flex that is a bit stouter than my Recoil 95's. 

... Oh my am I glad I was patient. Maybe 10 yards longer with a flatter trajectory and less spin. I can use it from a good lie in the fairway when I need a lower second shot to a par 5 into the wind but will use it almost exclusively off the tee and it has already proven to be a great addition to my bag when I need a long but accurate shot off the tee. It is just amazing how much friendlier the modern driving irons are compared to 2 irons I played before hybrids became available. 

I've been searching for a u65 or u85 2 iron for a reasonable price for what seems like forever 

... Hang in there amigo and keep trying! I have been looking for mine well over a year. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

10 hours ago, jlukes said:

I hit it last sunday.  Was pretty damn impressed and saw some interesting ball flights when moving around the hosel and the weight.

10 hours ago, jlukes said:

I've been searching for a u65 or u85 2 iron for a reasonable price for what seems like forever 

Are there any new clubs that you haven't hit? haha

And I have a u85 that I bought on a whim but may end up moving it. I think I hit maybe 2 balls with it? Has the stiff recoil in it. Don't know what justifies a good price, but shoot me a pm if you're interested.

I've had the TaylorMade M5 or M6 driver on my mind.   Two of my friends game the M3 & M4 versions and love em.   One of the older dudes is cranking it out there pretty far.   I hit his a few times and was pleasantly surprised!   It wouldn't hurt to have a couple of drivers in my stall. 

I definitely will be in the market for a new gps watch this year.    My current one is about to kick the bucket.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

36 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Are there any new clubs that you haven't hit? haha

And I have a u85 that I bought on a whim but may end up moving it. I think I hit maybe 2 balls with it? Has the stiff recoil in it. Don't know what justifies a good price, but shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Haha well my local range stocks just about every fitting cart so I take advantage of it! 

I definitely will be in the market for a new gps watch this year.    My current one is about to kick the bucket.

What are you thinking of going with? This is at the top of my list this year as a “must have” as I am pretty set with my clubs.

Though I’m still looking at a new wedge....

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

I wish the Apple Watch had a good gps app feature

8 hours ago, Ronoc said:

What are you thinking of going with? This is at the top of my list this year as a “must have” as I am pretty set with my clubs.

Though I’m still looking at a new wedge....

The Bushnell Excel is on sale now for $149.00!   It was at $249.00 and it has plenty of features that would suit my fancy. 

Cleveland

8 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

I wish the Apple Watch had a good gps app feature

It would be pricey however if it connected to my apple phone with all the data, that would too cool!

Cleveland

On 3/3/2019 at 6:23 PM, PAgolfer2017 said:

Kind of want a dozen shamrock truvis.....and also debating getting some custom headcovers made. This snowy weather is not doing good things for my online shopping...

I also am tempted by the shamrock truvis...I hate when marketing gimmicks make me want to pay too much for balls I'm gonna lose...I'm such a sucker. 😅

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I also am tempted by the shamrock truvis...I hate when marketing gimmicks make me want to pay too much for balls I'm gonna lose...I'm such a sucker. 

Haha I am too. I started collecting some of the Truvis balls but when I realized how many there were and how much they run per ball sometimes....I quickly stopped. Once I start collecting I get in the mindset of wanting everything and realized how much of a slippery slope that would’ve been haha

1 minute ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Haha I am too. I started collecting some of the Truvis balls but when I realized how many there were and how much they run per ball sometimes....I quickly stopped. Once I start collecting I get in the mindset of wanting everything and realized how much of a slippery slope that would’ve been haha

I'm not usually roped in by marketing antics, but my wife and her family are super irish, I wish I could just buy a sleeve. 45 bucks for a dozen balls I don't want to use is no fun. Maybe I'll get them anyway and give them to some family members...

On another note, I'm gonna go see if I can get a driver fitting today. I may have them play with the shaft in my F7 and see how much improvement some of the new heads give me. I've never had a proper driver fitting before so I am hoping to at least learn some things about my swing speed, AoA, and hopefully tune my current driver for some more consistent distance. Its just a free fitting down the street but they have foresight launch monitor bays so thats nice. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

The Bushnell Excel is on sale now for $149.00!   It was at $249.00 and it has plenty of features that would suit my fancy. 

Saw that the other day at PGA SS. Looks like a lot of great features but debating if I want to go with that or the Garmin S20. The S20 has a few more options- the Autoshot and green layout view is pretty cool.

Then again, also debating if I want to go with a laser finder, possibly Precision Pro.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

1 minute ago, Ronoc said:

Saw that the other day at PGA SS. Looks like a lot of great features but debating if I want to go with that or the Garmin S20. The S20 has a few more options- the Autoshot and green layout view is pretty cool.

Then again, also debating if I want to go with a laser finder, possibly Precision Pro.

I have been using the Garmin Approach G8 for a while now, which I like off the tee box and for score/stat keeping. However, I really wanted a range finder for accurate pin distances on approach shots, and to shoot targets on the driving range to make sure my yardage gaps were what I thought they were. So, I got the :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Pro with Slope for Christmas and have really enjoyed using it on the range and in the 2 tournaments I've played in so far this year. I like that it does what I need it to do, and most importantly, it didn't break the bank like most of the other range finders do.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I really NEED some new wedges!!! Right now I kind of have a mixed bag of wedges, but really want to get a completely new set-up. I haven't gone anywhere to try any out, but I hear really good things about the :ping-small: Glide 2.0. I've always liked Vokey, but it's been a while since I've had a set of those. I guess I just need to go try some out.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Cobra one length 4,5 &6 irons. Ultimate combo set goals to pair with 7,8,9 i200s and 46,52,56 glide 2.0s

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

I have been using the Garmin Approach G8 for a while now, which I like off the tee box and for score/stat keeping. However, I really wanted a range finder for accurate pin distances on approach shots, and to shoot targets on the driving range to make sure my yardage gaps were what I thought they were. So, I got the :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Pro with Slope for Christmas and have really enjoyed using it on the range and in the 2 tournaments I've played in so far this year. I like that it does what I need it to do, and most importantly, it didn't break the bank like most of the other range finders do.

We should compare my Dallas Golf Range finder to your NX7 when we play. I got their house ranger finder as an open box purchase for $115.

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

I'm currently designing and pricing custom putter covers 🙂 haha. Winter needs to end so I can actually golf and stop buying stuff!

I got the Garmin s60 and it is great. Only got to use it a couple of times but does a ton of things. Once it warms up I’ll probably do a write up. With that being said I think the s20 does pretty much all the same things at half the price.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I got the Garmin s60 and it is great. Only got to use it a couple of times but does a ton of things. Once it warms up I’ll probably do a write up. With that being said I think the s20 does pretty much all the same things at half the price.

Yea, the S60 looks pretty sweet but beyond my planned budget. The S20 seems loaded enough for me at this point.