TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

Went to a golf shop this morning to hit a few (Snowbirds out of town) new clubs. Mistake, the mats almost killed my shoulder. I can’t do mats that’s for sure. 4 months after the surgery is too soon.
They are giving me a couple of LH 7 irons to hit Monday when I play.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got a fitting at club champion scheduled next Saturday for the top end of my bag. Driver is most likely gonna be my main focus but I’d also like to find a more forgiving FW and 3i slot as well

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Thinking on a new bag for my clicgear. Got my eye on Ogio rtc or a c130. Oh the decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tittleist TS2

Rocketballz 3+
Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid

Taylormade p790 4-pw

vokey 56&60

cameron Newport 1.5

Thinking about ALL of my clubs sitting at my locker at the club being unused as I recover from my surgery and longing to get them back in my hands playing again (soon)!  😄

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

21 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Thinking about ALL of my clubs sitting at my locker at the club being unused as I recover from my surgery and longing to get them back in my hands playing again (soon)!  😄

Heh...maybe send them some flowers..?😜

Joking aside, wishing you a speedy recovery!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

13 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Heh...maybe send them some flowers..?😜

Joking aside, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thinking about trying to chip and putt shortly...perhaps this weekend

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Thinking about putting my hybrid back in the bag. At the beginning of every season I swear that I’m finally going to learn to hit that thing straight. Then a few weeks later I toss it into the back of my closet again.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Thinking about trying to chip and putt shortly...perhaps this weekend

Ease into it, don’t rush it, Chip & putt great start.

Rick

Left Hand, 

15 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Ease into it, don’t rush it, Chip & putt great start.

Already talked with PT therapist about it.  He's good with me starting chipping and putting and easing into half swings next week and see how things progress and go from there.  Doing mock full swings with a cane in therapy sessions without issues.  Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel 🙂 

Already talked with PT therapist about it.  He's good with me starting chipping and putting and easing into half swings next week and see how things progress and go from there.  Doing mock full swings with a cane in therapy sessions without issues.  Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel  

That’s great! You’ll be out and about in no time. PT is a beautiful thing.
I found out that I cannot hit off mats yesterday, I was trying out some irons and my shoulder was getting sore.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I hate hitting off of mats.  Besides getting away with fat shots, it sends bad juju up the arms 🙂

I hate hitting off of mats.  Besides getting away with fat shots, it sends bad juju up the arms

I hate mats also but I was trying out Rogue & Mizuno irons. The golf shop has 2 bays with mats. They are letting me take a 7 iron out Monday when I play, I refuse to hit of the mats.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Thinking about putting my hybrid back in the bag. At the beginning of every season I swear that I’m finally going to learn to hit that thing straight. Then a few weeks later I toss it into the back of my closet again.

I was that way with the 3h I had. Moments of brilliance followed up by a crap show. I finally gave up on it and gave in to age and got an old-guy 7w to fill its gap and what a club!!! If you are OK with fairway woods, maybe seek a gap filler there?

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

26 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I was that way with the 3h I had. Moments of brilliance followed up by a crap show. I finally gave up on it and gave in to age and got an old-guy 7w to fill its gap and what a club!!! If you are OK with fairway woods, maybe seek a gap filler there?

Yeah I mostly use my Heavenwood in those distances. Figured if I could finally get comfortable with a hybrid I could consider picking up a 5h. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I can’t wait to see the TS hybrids in person.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Have been reading a few reviews on the Garmin G80. Wow! Mini launch monitor and a GPS. Normally a rangefinder guy but that thing looks fun!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Though I desperately want new irons, I putzed around with a couple of new PING putters today at the Pro Shop. One a Tyne and the other a Valor...like the Valor...A LOT! Definitely have something like it on my radar...

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Though I desperately want new irons, I putzed around with a couple of new PING putters today at the Pro Shop. One a Tyne and the other a Valor...like the Valor...A LOT! Definitely have something like it on my radar...

A PING?! You!!? Never woulda guessed it...

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

OK Guys need your opinion. Looking at brand new Callaway Rogue, LH, 5i thru SW, Aldila graphite shafts, Winn mid size grips shipped for $740.00.
Dragging my feet to pulling the trigger.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I hit the Rogue when doing my Club Champion fitting.  While it didn't fit the bill for what I was seeking, it was a solid feeling iron.  I ended up going with the Apex CF19 irons 6i-AW, KBS graphite shafts.  I don't think you'd be unhappy with the Rogue irons (assuming you've hit them and like the feel and look of them).

I hit the Rogue when doing my Club Champion fitting.  While it didn't fit the bill for what I was seeking, it was a solid feeling iron.  I ended up going with the Apex CF19 irons 6i-AW, KBS graphite shafts.  I don't think you'd be unhappy with the Rogue irons (assuming you've hit them and like the feel and look of them).

I’m taking a Rogue and a Rogue X 7 irons out with me Monday & Tuesday so giving them a try on GRASS. No mats.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I’m taking a Rogue and a Rogue X 7 irons out with me Monday & Tuesday so giving them a try on GRASS. No mats.

Take yer time Rick. Swing true and get the sense of cutting daisy's off the stem. If one feels better than the other...go for it. "trust your feelings..."

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Take yer time Rick. Swing true and get the sense of cutting daisy's off the stem. If one feels better than the other...go for it. "trust your feelings..."
[/url]  

Got my eye on that Ping 410 driver, oh boy

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Got my eye on that Ping 410 driver, oh boy emoji33.png

They are legit!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Hogan driver and 4w and 56 and 60 wedges.

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

Got some disappointing news this afternoon. Went to the golf sho to pick up the Rogue & Rogue X 7 irons to Demo and they were not there. Callaway recalled all the Rogue Demo and had to send them back Friday, bummer.
Wanted to really try them.
I did get a Cobra F9 & Ping G410 irons to Demo, see what happens.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Got some disappointing news this afternoon. Went to the golf sho to pick up the Rogue & Rogue X 7 irons to Demo and they were not there. Callaway recalled all the Rogue Demo and had to send them back Friday, bummer.
Wanted to really try them.
I did get a Cobra F9 & Ping G410 irons to Demo, see what happens.

They—Callaway—may have a actually did you an unintended favor😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

They—Callaway—may have a actually did you an unintended favor

Elaborate please, I do realize you have a lot more insight than I do.
Are Rogues more dogs than Rogue?

Rick

Left Hand, 

On the brink of literally selling all of my golf stuff. Infertility/health insurance is a ******. 
Good luck dude. My girl's coworker is in deep from fertility treatments and complications after they were finally successful. I'm scared to find out how much they're on the hook for, the baby has been in the NICU for two months.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond