TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

I’m trying to figure out the fairway wood. When I can play my 13* Exotics EX-9 at standard loft, it’s a machine, but I’ve increased the loft up to 15*, and now hit hooks. That face is just too closed. So, I’ve put the Exotics EX-9 Tour 17* head on my shaft, and turned it down two degrees. This should be the answer, so we’ll see. If not, they’re going on eBay and I’ll be buying a 15* fairway wood!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

With the T200 test coming (hopefully not too much of a delay), I keep thinking I may need a Vokey wedge or 2 to round them off. Will obviously depend on the fitting as to which lofts I will need but with a 43* PW and possibly a 48* GW one will be needed for sure. 56* M grind really has my attention but haven’t played vokey since before the rule change. SM6, SM7, or SM8 is the question

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I need a new set-up. This isn't the usual golfer "I need new clubs every year" desire. I haven't played in years and all of my clubs are at least 8-14 years old, except for my recently purchased Cleveland HB putter. I don't remember drivers routinely costing $500 or irons in the mid to high 1k range. The prices are jarring. I am very interested in the Ben Hogan line but I feel hesitant. Hoping to see if there's any love out there for these and other more reasonably priced clubs.

Edited by OsoBear
Typo

:cobra-small: F9 9° Driver

:ping-small: G410 14.5° 3 wood

:ping-small: G410 17° Hybrid

:ping-small: i500 4i-UW

:titelist-small: SM8 56° SW

:titelist-small: SM8 60° LW

:cameron-small: Select Squareback 2018 Putter

:Snell: MTB-X Yellow

:Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE Cart bag

:footjoy-small: Tour X

17 minutes ago, OsoBear said:

I need a new set-up. This is the usual golfer "I need new clubs every year" desire. I haven't played in years and all of my clubs are at least 8-14 years old, except for my recently purchased Cleveland HB putter. I don't remember drivers routinely costing $500 or irons in the mid to high 1k range. The prices are jarring. I am very interested in the Ben Hogan line but I feel hesitant. Hoping to see if there's any love out there for these and other more reasonably priced clubs.

... Drivers have been around $500 for quite awhile now, especially premium drivers from the top selling OEM's. But I hear ya on the iron sticker shock. It wasn't that long ago that I thought $999 was magical number that no OEM would cross. We used to buy brand new forged irons for $699, play them a season and if we took good care of them, sell em for $550. Now buying irons for $1399 we are lucky to sell them for $799 after just one season. To literally quote The Wild Bunch ""We've got to start thinking beyond our guns Ho'ing. Those days are closing fast."   so you have to be pretty dammed sure when buying top of the line new irons. 

... I take reviewing clubs very seriously and was just selected to review the Titleist T100-S irons and will do everything I can to make sure forum members have a plethora of information and opinions so they can make an informed decision they won't regret. That said, there has never been a better time to buy used. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I don't buy new equipment very often.  I find what I like and usually stick with it for a number of years with the exception of wedges.  I am probably going to buy new irons this year if we ever get back to our normal lives.  Whatever "normal" turns out to be after all this is over.  The head pro at my home club has always been an excellent resource before making a purchase.  He has never steered me in the wrong direction.  We were discussing it Saturday and I told him I was seriously considering the T200's or T100-S irons.  He replied "don't you dare buy anything until you have hit the P790's!!!!!"

That says a lot coming from the head professional of a shop that does not have an affiliation with Taylormade!

I was bidding on a LAB Golf DF putter on ebay, but lost. Was a good deal, but wasn't my exact spec and I don't really need a putter, so sort of glad that I didn't win.

I am also thinking about my Cleveland CBX 2 54 and Cleveland CBX Full Face 58 wedges that are on custom order and won't be fulfilled until the OEMs are back to normal.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

In the market for a heel/toe putter. I really like the Mizuno M Craft II. i would like to get my hands on a TP Mills Soft Tail.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

On 4/5/2020 at 10:41 AM, PMookie said:

I’m trying to figure out the fairway wood. When I can play my 13* Exotics EX-9 at standard loft, it’s a machine, but I’ve increased the loft up to 15*, and now hit hooks. That face is just too closed. So, I’ve put the Exotics EX-9 Tour 17* head on my shaft, and turned it down two degrees. This should be the answer, so we’ll see. If not, they’re going on eBay and I’ll be buying a 15* fairway wood!!!

I like the concept of higher lofted head with longer shaft. I was fit to a g400 5w with 3w shaft and the head set to 1* less loft. I was too happy with the 917 fw to change but when I ordered my m5 I went 5w with Kong’s shaft and kept the loft the same. Added a sim 3w as well so I will have some testing and options for bag setup to play with

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I like the concept of higher lofted head with longer shaft. I was fit to a g400 5w with 3w shaft and the head set to 1* less loft. I was too happy with the 917 fw to change but when I ordered my m5 I went 5w with Kong’s shaft and kept the loft the same. Added a sim 3w as well so I will have some testing and options for bag setup to play with

I was all-set to find a 3w at a big demo-day, but Covid hit and it was canceled, leaving me with no idea as to which 3w out there would work best. Seriously considering the Ping G410 since it can go flat. Cally has a couple Epic Flash and EF SZ on deep discount right now, but I never hit them. I’ve bought blindly before and it didn’t work out. Ugh. If the TS3 I was fitted to wasn’t $300 with a discount, I’d have bought it by now.

NEED. A. P.L.M. (personal launch monitor)

Really leaning towards the PRGR ... just something I can use when practicing that will give me basic info and 200 bucks is a decent price. I'm not spending 500 on a Mevo. Fuggedaboutit!!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

59 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I was all-set to find a 3w at a big demo-day, but Covid hit and it was canceled, leaving me with no idea as to which 3w out there would work best. Seriously considering the Ping G410 since it can go flat. Cally has a couple Epic Flash and EF SZ on deep discount right now, but I never hit them. I’ve bought blindly before and it didn’t work out. Ugh. If the TS3 I was fitted to wasn’t $300 with a discount, I’d have bought it by now.

The g410 is solid and I was close to going with that in 5w with 3w shaft. I haven’t hit any callWay in years but the epic line has received good reviews. What is the ts3 setup you were fit for?

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

The g410 is solid and I was close to going with that in 5w with 3w shaft. I haven’t hit any callWay in years but the epic line has received good reviews. What is the ts3 setup you were fit for?

IMG_1139.PNG

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

IMG_1139.PNG

That’s a nice setup. Diamana has been a good fit in titleist clubs. Have you checked 2nd swing to see if they have a good used setup

That’s a nice setup. Diamana has been a good fit in titleist clubs. Have you checked 2nd swing to see if they have a good used setup

Took a chance with Callaway Preowned after getting the 30%off email. Guess what?! Brand new TS3 15* for $166 before tax and shipping! Boom. Doesn’t have the shaft I need, but my Veylix Rome will work just fine, and I’ll just sell the T1100 on eBay to help recoup some of the cost of the club.

39 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Took a chance with Callaway Preowned after getting the 30%off email. Guess what?! Brand new TS3 15* for $166 before tax and shipping! Boom. Doesn’t have the shaft I need, but my Veylix Rome will work just fine, and I’ll just sell the T1100 on eBay to help recoup some of the cost of the club.

Sweet

First, I have to see that I'll actually get to play golf again some day.

I can't take that for granted anymore.   Our club is completely closed, and I'm in the dead center of the pandemic's so-called "vulnerable" group.

That said, I'm really contemplating  a hickory-shafted persimmon brassie-spoon-cleek set from Louisville Golf.

Giving up eighty or ninety years of technology for the shorter club lengths,  flatter lie angles,  and weaker lofts of the vintage replicas could very well be worth it.

Knowing my own game, those specs look very attractive to me.  The clubs seem to be screaming at me to hit them.

Since our course was built in the hickory shaft era to begin with, I'm not concerned about paying a distance price for the fewer mis-hits  I know I'd make with these clubs.

From a fit perspective, if nothing else, I couldn't match them with modern metalwoods.  

I can't take that for granted anymore.   Our club is completely closed, and I'm in the dead center of the pandemic's so-called "vulnerable" group.

That said, I'm really contemplating  a hickory-shafted persimmon brassie-spoon-cleek set from Louisville Golf.
Giving up eighty or ninety years of technology for the shorter club lengths,  flatter lie angles,  and weaker lofts of the vintage replicas could very well be worth it.
Knowing my own game, those specs look very attractive to me.  The clubs seem to be screaming at me to hit them.
Since our course was built in the hickory shaft era to begin with, I'm not concerned about paying a distance price for the fewer mis-hits  I know I'd make with these clubs.
From a fit perspective, if nothing else, I couldn't match them with modern metalwoods.  

Golf is meant to be fun. Those clubs were beautiful in their day. If you’re happy I’d say, why not! Enjoy

I’ve had the wandering eye towards irons of late. Hitting 13 greens yesterday fixed that in a hurry.

Maybe it wasn’t their fault after all. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Golf is meant to be fun. Those clubs were beautiful in their day. If you’re happy I’d say, why not! Enjoy

I’ve had the wandering eye towards irons of late. Hitting 13 greens yesterday fixed that in a hurry.

Maybe it wasn’t their fault after all. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm thinking about a second set to ship down to my parent's house in Florida.  It would be great to use my own set while I'm down there.  Rentals add up!

Looking to add Titleist TS line driver and fairway, my current Vokey SM6 (replacing with SM8s this year), unknown irons and putter haha.

I have 3 extra Titleist driver shafts, just need a head.

It would be nice to add the T100-S irons in black!

:titelist-small:   :projectx:

I was all set to go to Sub70 golf's facility in sycamore and get fit for a new set of irons (4-GW) until COVID happened and my appointment was cancelled. I was also considering a 3H and 3W as well. It's all I think about during this pandemic as I am constantly on the website looking at all their clubs and can't wait to get fit and get a set! The next issue would be when I would be able to hit them on the course!! Soon guys, soon.

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Thinking about changing out the shafts in my SIM Max hybrids to something heavier, so they are more iron like. My irons have 98 gram shafts, so thinking about shafts slightly less than that. And then cutting down the shafts to be a good amount shorter than the SIM Max hybrids stock.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I'm not in love with my 4i.  Thinking of going back to a hybrid in that slot.  Tossing around the idea of replacing the 5wd and 4i with a hybrid to open up a spot in the bag.  Might go Driver, Driver, 4wd, 3h (or 4h), then 5i.  Hmm...

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

Besides my eventual Ping iron test set, currently looking at four things

1) Wedges to round out the bag, at least one, maybe two

2) Skechers finally added a BOA like option to their golf shoes, so that's a certainty 

3) Balls and gloves. I have test packs and an old glove, but thinking Kirkland for the glove and who knows for the balls

4) A putter, either to be the backup or contend for the bag, there's two in particular I'm looking at, no reveals yet.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

The Koepka shoes. Don't really need a 6th pair of golf shoes but I'm bored as hell and my wallet is itching

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

The Koepka shoes. Don't really need a 6th pair of golf shoes but I'm bored as hell and my wallet is itching

Did they finally release the Air Zoom Infinity Tour?  I look for it once a week, but never see it anywhere

29 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Did they finally release the Air Zoom Infinity Tour?  I look for it once a week, but never see it anywhere

To my knowledge no. I look periodically as well. The rumor is due to the virus in China and impact on the factories they didn’t have the supply. I saw swooshstaff repost an Instagram story from someone yesterday asking Nike to hurry and release them so that kinda confirmed that they havent

Right now the equipment I am thinking about is what I ordered 😂. Hopefully they come quick because I sold my current iron set and will have nothing if the stay at home advisory is lifted and courses open up....That would be tragic.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Wedges. I’ve always relied on my 52* and that was the magic stick. Pitches, half swings and low zippers. I’m considering keeping it and not over-thinking my set despite the gap.

Now my gapping is 49.5 for my matching TS1 Gap and a 60 Hi Toe.

Yesterday I started reading about Sub70’s line and I’m digging their unique head shape. Not only that, there aren’t many full raw offerings especially at that price range.

Being at home is killing me with the temptation to online shop.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Wedges. I’ve always relied on my 52* and that was the magic stick. Pitches, half swings and low zippers. I’m considering keeping it and not over-thinking my set despite the gap.

Now my gapping is 49.5 for my matching TS1 Gap and a 60 Hi Toe.

Yesterday I started reading about Sub70’s line and I’m digging their unique head shape. Not only that, there aren’t many full raw offerings especially at that price range.

Being at home is killing me with the temptation to online shop.

So 49, 52, 60? If it works it works. But knowing you can make certain shots is key. I just revamped from 50, 56, 60 to 50, 54, 58 to keep even gapping (small mindset thing I think).

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!