TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

On 5/11/2020 at 10:08 AM, Lacassem said:

For me got the Tour BX. I played the Bridgestone balls a few years back before switching to PROV1. I would switch back though if there was a great deal. Anyone played these? Any positive/negatives you noticed?

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

The wife gave me the go ahead on a new bag, and I'm completely stuck trying to figure out what to buy. I want a C130, but the price is at the top end of my budget. I'm still considering it along with the Datrek and the Cobra Ultra light. It's like when downloading music became popular and you'd have a ton of songs on your mind but when you went to do it, the mind went blank.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

After the fiasco of my last Sun Mountain bag, I'm glad that you decided against the C130. Not going to start a campaign against them, but I was going to reiterate my experience with my previous 3.5LS breaking after 2 years. I babied that thing like I do all of my equipment, still can't believe the handle broke off.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

After the fiasco of my last Sun Mountain bag, I'm glad that you decided against the C130. Not going to start a campaign against them, but I was going to reiterate my experience with my previous 3.5LS breaking after 2 years. I babied that thing like I do all of my equipment, still can't believe the handle broke off.

I think I've said this before, but I have a personalized 2020 SM Sync now. The 14-way full-length dividers are a godsend, especially on my push cart. So easy to get clubs in and out now.

That being said, it's a nice looking bag but the materials feel cheap. I assume it's some sort of ballistic nylon as it's very light (which is a positive). Unfortunately, the bag lacks enough structure for me to trust it standing on it's own, and all of the grab points/handles feel very weak. The Sync is a little light on storage, also, and I should have gone for the C130 in the Sun Mountain line for more storage.

For what I paid, I think I would have been happier with a Datrek. I've seen a few of those in person and they look just as nice for about half the price.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

The wife gave me the go ahead on a new bag, and I'm completely stuck trying to figure out what to buy. I want a C130, but the price is at the top end of my budget. I'm still considering it along with the Datrek and the Cobra Ultra light. It's like when downloading music became popular and you'd have a ton of songs on your mind but when you went to do it, the mind went blank.

Check out the Ogio Alpha, I love mine and I'm coming from a C-130. I got a great deal on Amazon for mine.

ETA: I see you already pulled the trigger...disregard.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 hours ago, edingc said:

I think I've said this before, but I have a personalized 2020 SM Sync now. The 14-way full-length dividers are a godsend, especially on my push cart. So easy to get clubs in and out now.

That being said, it's a nice looking bag but the materials feel cheap. I assume it's some sort of ballistic nylon as it's very light (which is a positive). Unfortunately, the bag lacks enough structure for me to trust it standing on it's own, and all of the grab points/handles feel very weak. The Sync is a little light on storage, also, and I should have gone for the C130 in the Sun Mountain line for more storage.

For what I paid, I think I would have been happier with a Datrek. I've seen a few of those in person and they look just as nice for about half the price.

Yeah, I'm fine with the nylon, mine failed in the stitching. It completely deteriorated, literally turned to dust like in the avengers movies, and as a result the handle just broke off. I keep my bag in the house and it's not like I have any extreme weather here. It probably gets down to 60F at the coldest, and maybe 85F at the warmest if the AC is off. Other than that, the bag was great.

Considering a new driver - just haven't been getting along with mine as well as I hoped.  I was fitted and was hitting it much better than all others, but the course results just aren't there.  My hope is that there might be a demo day in the next couple months where I can see some outdoor results.

The Mavrik, SIM and G410 would be high on my list.  I may try the new Cobra, but haven't loved them in the past.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

At work, we have a "fitness subsidy" that will cover 50% of a fitness related purchase up to a certain amount of money. Golf clubs are eligible, and this subsidy for the year resets on June 1 (pending the program is not taken away due to Covid). I definitely don't need a new driver, hybrid, irons, or wedges. 

That probably means new putter! Even though i don't really need a new putter, I have a real weakness for the Bettinardi Queen B series, especially model 6 and 8. I really like how wide blades look.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

23 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

At work, we have a "fitness subsidy" that will cover 50% of a fitness related purchase up to a certain amount of money. Golf clubs are eligible, and this subsidy for the year resets on June 1 (pending the program is not taken away due to Covid). I definitely don't need a new driver, hybrid, irons, or wedges. 

That probably means new putter! Even though i don't really need a new putter, I have a real weakness for the Bettinardi Queen B series, especially model 6 and 8. I really like how wide blades look.

Well, I know what I'm going to suggest to the boys next time we have to get creative with spending.

26 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I think I shall implement this at my company. 😀

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Yesterday I was thinking about a putter, today I am thinking about the Tour Striker Planemate. I have already owned a Planemate once for a few days, decided I was going to focus on another direction, and sold out. Now i want to buy one again 😞

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Thinking about new wedges. The current ones I have had for 4 or 5 seasons!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I'm really liking the looks of the Cobra Forged Tec Irons, but with the current situation I will wait it out for maybe next year to seriously looking to replace my irons and hopefully the price will be lower by then as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I would take the Cobra.....mine is 2 yrs old and looks like new......all zippers work.

Using Wilson Staff Driver: Triton, Powerbilt 3W/5W, Tour Edge CVX129 4Hybrid, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7,Hogan wedges 49/53/57 & Tommy Armour Impact putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My new Cleveland wedges are finally on the way, can't wait to put them in the bag.

Updated 07/15/2022

A hybrid that has an adjustable lie angle so I can keep it from going so far left. The 410 Crossover, while great off the tee as a DI, is lacking off the deck for me, and not so great out of the rough. Something around 22* of loft, or whatever combination of loft and shaft length that I can hit 200-205 as a stock shot, and stop on the green. Interested to try playing it at 4i length with a heavier shaft like TXG did:

5 minutes ago, yungkory said:

A hybrid that has an adjustable lie angle so I can keep it from going so far left. The 410 Crossover, while great off the tee as a DI, is lacking off the deck for me, and not so great out of the rough. Something around 22* of loft, or whatever combination of loft and shaft length that I can hit 200-205 as a stock shot, and stop on the green. Interested to try playing it at 4i length with a heavier shaft like TXG did:

You thinking G410 hybrid?

Updated 07/15/2022

Just now, dlow206 said:

You thinking G410 hybrid?

Or a Mizuno, or TS2/3. My buddy has a TS2 coming from the rep whenever the heck they start building/shipping again, so I'm hoping I can scope it out when his gets here. I've seen the 410 but as I've stated about their drivers, I'm not a massive fan of the turbolaters (sp), and I feel like it's accentuated by the smaller hybrid head. I can stomach it on the driver, not sure I could ever like looking at the hybrid, but if it does the job then I'll bag it in the name of lower scores.

I wish the Nike bags were released when my SM 3.5 broke...

Nike Air Sport Stand Bag product image

A 4/5 way top with a putter well, and primarily black, nothing more I could want in a bag as far as club organization. Wish I could sell this Vessel bag and scoop this up, but I highly doubt anyone in Hawaii is bougie enough to want a Vessel, and shipping it to the mainland is probably financial suicide.

Cobra has an obscenely awesome deal right now, 45% off. Includes all the latest models. I need to repeatedly tell myself that I do not need any new clubs. 

Promo code: BRYSOND2020

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Cobra has an obscenely awesome deal right now, 45% off. Includes all the latest models. I need to repeatedly tell myself that I do not need any new clubs. 

You just had to share the promo code 😂

Well now I’m thinking about a new set of Cobra King Black wedges. Under $250 for (3) plus free shipping is very enticing.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Golf Pride MCC grips in navy and gold to match my college colors, don’t need new grips but they are my college golf colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

14 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Promo code is dead already

Updated 07/15/2022

🤔🤔🤔

af-tourcb.png

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Odyssey Stroke Lab black vs. Edel E-2 tourque balanced.... 🤔

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Or a Mizuno, or TS2/3. My buddy has a TS2 coming from the rep whenever the heck they start building/shipping again, so I'm hoping I can scope it out when his gets here. I've seen the 410 but as I've stated about their drivers, I'm not a massive fan of the turbolaters (sp), and I feel like it's accentuated by the smaller hybrid head. I can stomach it on the driver, not sure I could ever like looking at the hybrid, but if it does the job then I'll bag it in the name of lower scores.

I picked up an “excellent condition” 818 H1 hybrid this year and added on popped in the fade bias weight. So far I’ve only had 4 balls with it and I’m averaging around 200 (mix of fairway and tee). Once the ranges open up Ill get to play around with it some more but I haven’t sniffed the over-draw I was starting to see with my old Ping G30 hybrid. If you want a cheap experiment I recommend giving one of those a swing! I think they still hold their own against the TS2/G410 clubs (as long as you get your loft right)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Odyssey Stroke Lab black vs. Edel E-2 tourque balanced....

Got the putter itch? What are you trying to accomplish with the update? I really don’t know much about Edel, but I don’t like the feel of the newer Odyssey inserts.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

37 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Odyssey Stroke Lab black vs. Edel E-2 tourque balanced.... 🤔

I read that they firmed up the face. Would be interested to see how it feels now. The first iteration felt like pillows and it was very hard for me to get a feel for speed. I was glad to read the forum testers confirm the same thing -- thought it was just me being my usual picky self.

10 hours ago, yungkory said:

I read that they firmed up the face. Would be interested to see how it feels now. The first iteration felt like pillows and it was very hard for me to get a feel for speed. I was glad to read the forum testers confirm the same thing -- thought it was just me being my usual picky self.

Everyone is going ga-ga over the TEN.... Looks pretty dang close to a Spider. I don't play a mallet but it looks F_I_N_E fine.

Would probably be the most talked about club in golf had we not gone into shutdown.

Loving how they made the head all black and a lot of folks seem to like the face. Wish I could try it somewhere but I might just take the plunge, sight unseen. The shaft has me very intrigued.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

10 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Got the putter itch? What are you trying to accomplish with the update? I really don’t know much about Edel, but I don’t like the feel of the newer Odyssey inserts.

accomplish? I'd like to make some 10 and 20 footers; sucks big time to keep having birdie putts and not make a damn thing.

Sure, I'd love a Scotty or an Evnroll but those are outta my budget, so I gotta go with the next best thing....

Double Wide showed positive strokes gained from both 10 and 20 feet; oddly it showed a negative S.G. from 5 feet? what?? 

image.png

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0