TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

On 6/29/2020 at 10:38 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

CBX 54* wedge.... thinking about trying a cavity back vs blade style since I take more full shots with the 54.

Also: my 13 y/o son is taking his first lessons and starting to get interested - thinking about the Wilson JGI set for him

Should have taken some swings with mine the other day. Have the 50/54/58 cbx2s and they’re just fantastic (didn’t show the other day) but that was a very odd day

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Should have taken some swings with mine the other day. Have the 50/54/58 cbx2s and they’re just fantastic (didn’t show the other day) but that was a very odd day

@GolfSpy Stroker I can vouch for Mark that he was not playing up to his usual standard then.  Those wedges have been pretty dynamite for him, and it doesn't seem like he lost any workability around the green and they look great too.  I would definitely check them out! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

27 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Back on the graphite shaft thought train.  During most wanted testing I have been grabbing clubs with graphite shafts to warm up and today I grabbed a PXG with Mitsubishi MMT shaft.  I have to say that that shaft made the PXG feel amazing.  Haven't been a big fan of the PXG clubs during testing; granted I wasn't fit for them,  but that Mitsubishi shaft!!!  My swing felt soooooo  good.  

Also has me thinking if the lighter weight might be a benefit instead of the 120gr I currently play.   Will probably start a used club search for something with an 80-90 gram graphite shaft.  

... Honestly I don't know why any serious golfer plays steel in their irons considering the graphite iron shafts that are available today. Posted this before but I started with 130gm NV Tour shafts that had 1.5* of torque and were better than DGS300's in every way. Next I played NV Pro 105's and loved them. VS Proto 100's were even better for my swing so I tried the VS Proto 85's and they were just too light for me. I have found 95gms is my limit and obviously that is the #1 weight played on all the tours. There is just something to fit every swing and with less wear and tear on your joints as well as a kick point/torque with a dampened feel that still provides plenty of feedback, I just think graphite iron shafts are a no brainer if you play and/or practice a couple times a week. I took a chance on the Kuro Kage Tini 105 gm shafts that came with my T100-S but I absolutely love them. 

... That said, 120 gms to 80-90 gms is a pretty big jump. But you demo so many different irons I imagine you have a feel for what works for you as far as weight is concerned. 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Honestly I don't know why any serious golfer plays steel in their irons considering the graphite iron shafts that are available today. Posted this before but I started with 130gm NV Tour shafts that had 1.5* of torque and were better than DGS300's in every way. Next I played NV Pro 105's and loved them. VS Proto 100's were even better for my swing so I tried the VS Proto 85's and they were just too light for me. I have found 95gms is my limit and obviously that is the #1 weight played on all the tours. There is just something to fit every swing and with less wear and tear on your joints as well as a kick point/torque with a dampened feel that still provides plenty of feedback, I just think graphite iron shafts are a no brainer if you play and/or practice a couple times a week. I took a chance on the Kuro Kage Tini 105 gm shafts that came with my T100-S but I absolutely love them. 

... That said, 120 gms to 80-90 gms is a pretty big jump. But you demo so many different irons I imagine you have a feel for what works for you as far as weight is concerned. 👍

I have hit many graphite shafted irons over the years. I didn't find any of them to be suited for me.  I will be 61 in September.  I have lost distance in every club.... and I hate it! But.... I very well might look into Graphite in my irons when I purchase new. What the hell... driver and fairway woods are graphite???

Cobra speedzone Xtreme

Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT #1

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

44 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I have hit many graphite shafted irons over the years. I didn't find any of them to be suited for me.  I will be 61 in September.  I have lost distance in every club.... and I hate it! But.... I very well might look into Graphite in my irons when I purchase new. What the hell... driver and fairway woods are graphite???

... I could be wrong, but my guess is you just didn't hit the right graphite shafts. Considering Recoil and Steelfiber alone there are 95, 110 and 125 gm shafts. The 125's are beasts for aggressive hitters or young and strong guys looking for some joint pain relief. The 95's are played by Fred Couples and Matt Kuchar so they are certainly substantial enough. The 110's kinda split the difference. These graphite shafts can but don't necessarily add more distance, unless you are coming from a 120-130 gm shaft and play the 95's. They just feel so much better and even after a long range session, you don't feel beat up. At 61 your joints are taking some un needed wear and tear with steel. Took me forever to talk my playing pard into using them as he was a Project X guy forever. But he started getting some elbow and wrist pain but after switching to graphite those aches and pains disappeared.  

... Obvious the guys/gals on the Champions and LPGA Tours play a ton of graphite in their irons and I think when the PGA Tour guys start making the switch, we will see more and more of them. 

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

I think I have reached that point where I want graphite.  I know it is a big jump from 120 to 80/90 and that may not be where I end up but it is still difficult to find lots of graphite shafts to demo.  That weight range seems to be where most graphite shafts generally fall.  

Most of the clubs at MGS are steel and the graphite are generally lightweight and regular or senior flex.  I have tried Harry's Fujikura's,  but they X flex was a bit more than I could handle.   I have been reading your posts in the Titleist thread and knew you liked them.   

I will probably just keep an eye out at my local store since they have a large used club inventory that changes over a lot.  Thanks for your input!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I could be wrong, but my guess is you just didn't hit the right graphite shafts. Considering Recoil and Steelfiber alone there are 95, 110 and 125 gm shafts. The 125's are beasts for triongh hitters or young and strong guys looking for some joint pain relief. The 95's are played by Fred Couples and Matt Kuchar so they are certainly substantial enough. The 110's kinda split the difference. These graphite shafts can but don't necessarily add more distance, unless you are coming from a 120-130 gm shaft and play the 95's. They just feel so much better and even after a long range session, you don't feel beat up. At 61 your joints are taking some un needed wear and tear with steel. Took me forever to talk my playing pard into using them as he was a Project X guy forever. But he started getting some elbow and wrist pain but after switching to graphite those aches and pains disappeared.  

... Obvious the guys/gals on the Champions and LPGA Tours play a ton of graphite in their irons and I think when the PGA Tour guys start making the switch, we will see more and more of them. 

I will seriously consider Graphite in my next purchase. I'm getting older... and it's slowly sinking in...lol. I have bad shoulders and a not very good back. I want to play as good as I can for as long as I can,,,lol. My medical problems are not internal.... all are joint related, due to my endeavors in my youth...lol. I love golf, and I want ro enjoy it for as long as I can. I respect your opinion on the game and equipment.

Thinking seriously about new irons...not really sure why...I just want some

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

1 hour ago, chisag said:

After years of playing telephone poles, I was enlightened by the feel offered by the Nippon Modus line. I agree with your thoughts on graphite and like the idea of switching over in a decade when I hit my 50’s. 

It has more to do with making it easier on the body and having fun. Let the club do the work without hurting you. I can get behind that logic. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

13 minutes ago, bens197 said:

After years of playing telephone poles, I was enlightened by the feel offered by the Nippon Modus line. I agree with your thoughts on graphite and like the idea of switching over in a decade when I hit my 50’s. 

It has more to do with making it easier on the body and having fun. Let the club do the work without hurting you. I can get behind that logic. 

I have six more months until I hit 50, but I think it's time for graphite in the irons for me.  My back is generally not happy with me at the end of a round.  The experiment starts soon.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

New irons, new wedges, new driver, new 3W shaft, new bag, new range finder, ShotScope.... My list is too long 😬😅🤫

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Usually once or twice a season I get a hankering for some Pings irons, G25 or G30. Why? I don't particularly know. Probably due to their reputation and how long they stay in people's bags. 

I also really want to see if I can get my son to say he wants new irons so I can take my D200s back from him 🤣

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

10 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I have six more months until I hit 50, but I think it's time for graphite in the irons for me.  My back is generally not happy with me at the end of a round.  The experiment starts soon.

I embrace the idea of evolving into something that makes life easier. Anything to save those joints is good by me. Good luck 😊

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Besides all the Cobra gear (pleeeassee can I get a shipping notification today?!) I’m thinking about picking one of these or a Bagboy/Clicgear comparable.

788E00C7-DF4A-4C81-B60D-B371FBFE9178.png.f947ec9f42adcd0a393bb45d41efdb44.png

From what I can see some *should* be available this month.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

20 hours ago, bens197 said:

... And here we go. I don't know if you have seen this but it backs up what we already know:

6 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Besides all the Cobra gear (pleeeassee can I get a shipping notification today?!) I’m thinking about picking one of these or a Bagboy/Clicgear comparable.

788E00C7-DF4A-4C81-B60D-B371FBFE9178.png.f947ec9f42adcd0a393bb45d41efdb44.png

From what I can see some *should* be available this month.

I have the Caddytek and it has served me well these past 2-3 years but the foot brake is kinda lame. Wish it had a hand brake like the Clicgears, much less cumbersome to use. Other than that, and a bolt coming loose, I'm pretty happy with it.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

29 minutes ago, chisag said:

... And here we go. I don't know if you have seen this but it backs up what we already know:

Not much else to say...the numbers don’t lie. 

27B51042-4F5D-4A9B-903A-01D1932EAC77.jpeg

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

I'm having a crisis of sorts, I want to buy something in a bad way but don't know what. I've been thinking wedges, 5 wood, hitting net, launch monitor, planemate, just to name a few things. Can't buy them all, but I'm going nuts thinking about stuff. I'll figure something out, but I just had to vent to people that would understand. I can list the why's and why nots of everything and I'm over thinking it. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm having a crisis of sorts, I want to buy something in a bad way but don't know what. I've been thinking wedges, 5 wood, hitting net, launch monitor, planemate, just to name a few things. Can't buy them all, but I'm going nuts thinking about stuff. I'll figure something out, but I just had to vent to people that would understand. I can list the why's and why nots of everything and I'm over thinking it. 

Planemate and 5 wood. There done. image.gif.f86748b9a2b936b5455139740b7dae6a.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

What are we talking club wise? Vintage or modern? Planemate is up there for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still thinking about the new Cobra King Utility Iron. It just looks so good, and I feel like a utility 4-iron would be the perfect safe-off-the-tee club for my bag. The problem is I would probably end up with back issues if I got it since the couch isn't particularly good for sleeping on.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS