Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

5 minutes ago, ED13 said:

I recently got fitted for P790's.  Had hit them first at a demo day at my golf club and found them easy to get the ball in the air.  Had a fitting this summer and was won over on how easy they were to find the sweet spot with the right shaft.  These irons are much easier to draw than my previous set.

I live only 10 minutes from TXG's Toronto location and have done fittings with Alex, John and Cam.  All three are very knowledgable and do a great job.  You will not be disappointed.

Nice. Any recommendations between the three fitters? I had wanted to get fit by Ian, but looks like that won't happen unless he opens his schedule back up again. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

33 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Have you thought about a 4 wood?

I haven’t to be honest.  I’m trying to gap between a driver 280-300 and a 19* 3 iron that I hit approx 220-230. It’s a large gap to fill and you may be onto something...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Just now, bens197 said:

I haven’t to be honest.  I’m trying to gap between a driver 280-300 and a 19* 3 iron that I hit approx 220-230. It’s a large gap to fill and you may be onto something...

Try one out at the store or during a fitting. I personally like my 4 wood, but also there was a good TXG video on 3 wood vs. a more lofted fairway wood. I don't remember if it had 4 wood, but it had 5 wood, and it suggested most people would be better off with something more lofted than a 3 wood.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

10 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Nice. Any recommendations between the three fitters? I had wanted to get fit by Ian, but looks like that won't happen unless he opens his schedule back up again. 

Had a conversation with Ian last winter about him doing less fittings to give him more time to run and grow his business.  Due to the videos everyone wants him for their fitting, a bit of a double edged sword.  People don’t realize the quality and depth of knowledge of the fitters he has assembled.

As far as fittings all 3 will get you into the right equipment.  I have had more than one fitting with each and have watched all of three as well as Ian do fittings many times while I was at TXG for winter practice.  Difference is more their personalities.

Cam is more of a talker, jokes around and may tell stories.  He has the ability to make a person feel comfortable quickly.  Easy to have a fun time during the fitting.  Also, if someone is shy and needs someone to pull them out of their shell to get the best result Cam is the guy for them.  

John comes across right away as a very friendly person who is enthusiastic about helping his clients.  Explains well as he goes.  If someone tends to be nervous or may have anxiety at the fitting John may be a good choice to put them at ease.  Also, John has an unbelievable wealth of knowledge in the putting stroke.  Anyone having a fitting for other clubs may want to add this on as well.

Alex is more quite than the others but still very easy to talk to.  He seems to talk and ask questions with a purpose.  Comes across as methodical with how he goes about the fitting.  Someone who likes to get down to the brass tacks would enjoy a fitting with Alex.

I hope this summary of the TXG fitters helps.  I have enjoyed the fittings with all three and would not hesitate to use any of them again.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I haven't bought anything all season and the pull of new and shiny is strong right now. 5 hybrid? Maybe some inexpensive steel shafted irons to see if my elbow will be OK? 

All I know is, I need to stay away from eBay and CPO right now...

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

3 hours ago, ED13 said:

Had a conversation with Ian last winter about him doing less fittings to give him more time to run and grow his business.  Due to the videos everyone wants him for their fitting, a bit of a double edged sword.  People don’t realize the quality and depth of knowledge of the fitters he has assembled.

As far as fittings all 3 will get you into the right equipment.  I have had more than one fitting with each and have watched all of three as well as Ian do fittings many times while I was at TXG for winter practice.  Difference is more their personalities.

Cam is more of a talker, jokes around and may tell stories.  He has the ability to make a person feel comfortable quickly.  Easy to have a fun time during the fitting.  Also, if someone is shy and needs someone to pull them out of their shell to get the best result Cam is the guy for them.  

John comes across right away as a very friendly person who is enthusiastic about helping his clients.  Explains well as he goes.  If someone tends to be nervous or may have anxiety at the fitting John may be a good choice to put them at ease.  Also, John has an unbelievable wealth of knowledge in the putting stroke.  Anyone having a fitting for other clubs may want to add this on as well.

Alex is more quite than the others but still very easy to talk to.  He seems to talk and ask questions with a purpose.  Comes across as methodical with how he goes about the fitting.  Someone who likes to get down to the brass tacks would enjoy a fitting with Alex.

I hope this summary of the TXG fitters helps.  I have enjoyed the fittings with all three and would not hesitate to use any of them again.

This is awesome, thank you. I'm guessing there are very few people out there that have worked with all 3 of the fitters at TXG.

Any of the 3 that you would recommend for having a "nerdy" conversation about shafts, clubheads, etc. during the fitting?

Updated 07/15/2022

15 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Try one out at the store or during a fitting. I personally like my 4 wood, but also there was a good TXG video on 3 wood vs. a more lofted fairway wood. I don't remember if it had 4 wood, but it had 5 wood, and it suggested most people would be better off with something more lofted than a 3 wood.

I will for sure.  As long as I can fill my gap space between those yardages that's all that matters.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

This is awesome, thank you. I'm guessing there are very few people out there that have worked with all 3 of the fitters at TXG.

Any of the 3 that you would recommend for having a "nerdy" conversation about shafts, clubheads, etc. during the fitting?

You will be surprised how much each of them know about the equipment.  Just ask and I am sure they can supply a lot of information.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I haven't bought anything all season and the pull of new and shiny is strong right now. 5 hybrid? Maybe some inexpensive steel shafted irons to see if my elbow will be OK? 

All I know is, I need to stay away from eBay and CPO right now...

OK of course as soon as I typed this I went to check out eBay... the secondary market is still very strong so I'll wait until the offseason to make any purchases 🤣

On 8/17/2020 at 8:04 AM, ED13 said:

Sounds like Ian needs to put his other fitters in front of the camera to help build their brands and increase their demand.  But it's a nice problem to have.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Wedges, specifically SM8’s. I current use SM5’s. Which are worn but I hit them so sweet I have been hesitant to give them up. When I jump I will definitely get fitted.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

3wood: Titleist 917F

5 wood: Titleist 917F

irons Titleist T350 5-pe

hybrids Taylormade 4 

wedges: Titleist SM8 50/54/58

putter: Scotty Cameron Newport slotback

i'm thinking about the Ping G425 Max driver

Updated 07/15/2022

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about a OL 5h. Honestly, thinking about OL for a whole set and wondering if a 5h OL might be a good starting point since I go right from Heavenwood to 5i which I only really use on tee shots.

Thinking about a OL 5h. Honestly, thinking about OL for a whole set and wondering if a 5h OL might be a good starting point since I go right from Heavenwood to 5i which I only really use on tee shots.

I have a set of single lengths I can send you to try if you’d like. Just let me know.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

11 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I have a set of single lengths I can send you to try if you’d like. Just let me know.

You're the man.

A new bag.  My strap broke today, luckily over grass and went crashing down.

Looking for a Hybrid 14 slot stand/carts thing with no logos... 

And I think it is time to replace some clubs with properly fit stuff.  The T100s are 1° flat with seems to just make the ball sing... and .5” long, not sure If this is what a fitter would put me in, but it is a sweet combo for me, so far.

I always lose the 58° to the right, it just starts right and stays there, but it seems super upright... who knows.  Physics man...

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

A new bag.  My strap broke today, luckily over grass and went crashing down.

Looking for a Hybrid 14 slot stand/carts thing with no logos... 

And I think it is time to replace some clubs with properly fit stuff.  The T100s are 1° flat with seems to just make the ball sing... and .5” long, not sure If this is what a fitter would put me in, but it is a sweet combo for me, so far.

I always lose the 58° to the right, it just starts right and stays there, but it seems super upright... who knows.  Physics man...

I really like my sun mountain bag I bought this year it's a 5 divider but I like it a lot

Seriously, they are great and worth a try. I’m not giving them away but a free trial is all yours.

A trial sounds like a fantastic idea. I’ll shoot you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea why this year's Cobra drivers already dropped to $349?

Updated 07/15/2022

To entice you to buy one

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

wellputt putting mat....

wellputt-mat-10ft-2020.jpg

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

On 9/11/2020 at 9:02 AM, russtopherb said:

I'm in the same boat. Interested in replacing my dated irons with OL.

Also need a new Lob and Gap wedge.

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

To entice you to buy one emoji23.pngemoji2957.pngemoji12.pngemoji1787.png

I know i should never just buy something because the price is good, but this price is really good...

Updated 07/15/2022

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I just received a text from an anonymous source, not Cobra...about a new line coming out....that would be surprising!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I just received a text from an anonymous source, not Cobra...about a new line coming out....that would be surprising!

Mizuno JPX Irons and Titleist Black Irons! 

13 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

That's quite a combo set.  🤣

Well if I go full set with both, I could combo them either way,  Mizuno high and Titleist low or vice versa 🤣 

You know at one point two years ago, I was thiking about a PING/Titleist/Srixon combo set 😉

Mizuno JPX Irons and Titleist Black Irons! 

Interesting mix! Titleist Blacks are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list