TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Man, there is a set of z785 with c-taper stiff calling my name. I too would like a combo but man those might be too hard to pass up.

The bid on the combo set i was looking at went above what i wanted to pay, so i let it go. But there are some good deals to be had on the 85 series Srixon irons.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

... But skipping ahead and thinking playing more difficult to hit irons will make you a better ball striker is completely backwards thinking. We can see with the advent of Players Distance irons that are more forgiving that quite a few playing something like a Titleist Forged 620 CB moving to T100-S or even T100 with great results, which of course is moving in the opposite direction from more difficult to hit to more forgiving. Golf is an extremely difficult game to play and making it easier, not harder is always a good idea. 

agree to disagree completely here. 

there’s a million ways to skin this cat, but it’s my long held belief that if you want to improve in any sport, playing a level up will only accelerate your game. 

mishit forgiveness and added distance are great, but they’re bandaids for inconsistencies. narrowing the sweet spot and forcing better swings will ultimately make someone who is determined to improve a better golfer. 

the same can be seen in baseball with wood vs metal bats, or in basketball with graduated 3pt lines  

now, if someone wants to enjoy the game casually and drop a few strokes without putting in too much work - that’s where i think the magic of more forgiving clubs comes in to play. 

but for someone who’s gonna go to the range a few times a week and take lessons over the winter in the hopes of swinging better and delivering the club face more consistently, there’s no downside to playing clubs a level up 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

11 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

there’s a million ways to skin this cat, but it’s my long held belief that if you want to improve in any sport, playing a level up will only accelerate your game. 

mishit forgiveness and added distance are great, but they’re bandaids for inconsistencies. narrowing the sweet spot and forcing better swings will ultimately make someone who is determined to improve a better golfer. 

the same can be seen in baseball with wood vs metal bats, or in basketball with graduated 3pt lines  

now, if someone wants to enjoy the game casually and drop a few strokes without putting in too much work - that’s where i think the magic of more forgiving clubs comes in to play. 

but for someone who’s gonna go to the range a few times a week and take lessons over the winter in the hopes of swinging better and delivering the club face more consistently, there’s no downside to playing clubs a level up 

I guess to your point I am in both camps with my current set as it is progressive and the short to mid are more players and the longer more GI

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 minute ago, rbsiedsc said:

I guess to your point I am in both camps with my current set as it is progressive and the short to mid are more players and the longer more GI

i think that setup fits a lot of people. there’s certainly no one right or wrong way to do things. 

my opinion is just that - an opinion. but it’s an approach that’s worked well for me across my life in sports 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

going to really try to commit to an armlock putter over the winter.

my stroke has been very wrist-y and I miss long, short, left, right... 🤣

forget the Scotty or Evnroll... I'm going to try something radical.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

15 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

Wood bats were the best thing I ever did in baseball, I never wanted to feel that earthquake in my bones again. I was not a great hitter (was a pitcher) but once I hit the wood it kind of clicked.

Has not fully translated in golf but overall decent ball striker and I enjoy the duality of players distance irons. I think I will eventually try to play some MB's of some sort but I am a firm believer in practicing that swing and ball striking and if you can be a good striker why wouldn't you go with the ball striking club?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Wood bats were the best thing I ever did in baseball, I never wanted to feel that earthquake in my bones again. I was not a great hitter (was a pitcher) but once I hit the wood it kind of clicked.

Has not fully translated in golf but overall decent ball striker and I enjoy the duality of players distance irons. I think I will eventually try to play some MB's of some sort but I am a firm believer in practicing that swing and ball striking and if you can be a good striker why wouldn't you go with the ball striking club?

RE: the basketball analogy, I think that you reach a point of diminishing returns.

The 3 point line can be a true weapon for smaller players who are good shooters but there comes a point where shooting pct drops off after it is moved too far back.

I think golf is similar to that in a way. I've played the entire gamut of clubs and realize that - from a personal standpoint - there are certain qualities and properties that hit that sweet spot. Once I start to go outside of that zone then things get ... uncomfortable ...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

RE: the basketball analogy, I think that you reach a point of diminishing returns.

The 3 point line can be a true weapon for smaller players who are good shooters but there comes a point where shooting pct drops off after it is moved too far back.

I think golf is similar to that in a way. I've played the entire gamut of clubs and realize that - from a personal standpoint - there are certain qualities and properties that hit that sweet spot. Once I start to go outside of that zone then things get ... uncomfortable ...

I think everyone has their limits in that aspect, where a club can get you over the hill and that certain clubs will not be good for a certain person. For me personally I know (if I had the time anyway) to really focus on the swing and making contact I am pretty confident I could get there. But for now players distance is the money maker.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

... This is a mantra perpetuated on WRX from high index players looking for an excuse to play MB's. If you are shooting 3 pointers and missing the rim, moving further back to make it more difficult is not going to help your accuracy. If you are missing pitches or fouling them off, moving to a wood bat is not gonna make you a better contact hitter. Of course if you are already pretty good at these things, fine tuning by making it more difficult is a viable option. I taught a wide range of golfers full time for 5 years. I learned teaching golfers of all index's, ages and athletic abilities that it is really very simple. Make it as easy as you possible can. For the vast majority of golfers, making bad swings, making poor contact and hitting bad shots will not improve by moving to a more demanding club AND hitting shots even worse can really do a physiological number on your head. Success courts success and failure courts failure. 

... That said, we are all individuals and all of us are different so there are always exceptions. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... This is a mantra perpetuated on WRX from high index players looking for an excuse to play MB's. If you are shooting 3 pointers and missing the rim, moving further back to make it more difficult is not going to help your accuracy. If you are missing pitches or fouling them off, moving to a wood bat is not gonna make you a better contact hitter. Of course if you are already pretty good at these things, fine tuning by making it more difficult is a viable option. I taught a wide range of golfers full time for 5 years. I learned teaching golfers of all index's, ages and athletic abilities that it is really very simple. Make it as easy as you possible can. For the vast majority of golfers, making bad swings, making poor contact and hitting bad shots will not improve by moving to a more demanding club AND hitting shots even worse can really do a physiological number on your head. Success courts success and failure courts failure. 

... That said, we are all individuals and all of us are different so there are always exceptions. 

agree here.

no clubs, no matter how forgiving, will fix bad swings. 

if that’s where you’re at, then the money will be made fixing the swing first. 

i’m speaking a lot from my own experience here. i’m currently a high handicapper, but my swing coach fit me into T100 irons because my athletic ability and swing speed will have that index dropping pretty rapidly. 

i tried G410 irons out and had a 7i carrying 210-215. i flat out didn’t need the kind of help that GI irons offered. 

i think there’s definitely a lot of people who fall into my camp who can benefit from playing “harder clubs”. i’m thinking about good athletes with plus swing speed. 

... Swing speed has very little to do with it. A good athlete certainly does. The kind of help I am talking about is not distance but contact. If you are making poor contact moving to a more demanding iron will not help, it will hurt. If your swing coach moved you into a T100 iron I am sure he sees good enough contact to make the move. I wish you good luck with them as the T100-S are my current favorites. 

... Fwiw, I played with a PGA Pro that works at Desert Mountain in Phoenix and he shot a 65 at Aguila from the tips (7007yds) playing G400 irons while his fellow Pro shot an 85 using MB's. To be fair it was their day off and his fellow Pro had quite a few beers so that factors into it. But I asked him why he isn't playing at least some kind of Players Irons and he shrugged and said "If they are gonna make very forgiving irons and I don't get to play as much as I would like because I am always teaching, why would I switch?"  To which his playing pard said "And if I had any brains I would be playing G400's too"

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Swing speed has very little to do with it. A good athlete certainly does. The kind of help I am talking about is not distance but contact. If you are making poor contact moving to a more demanding iron will not help, it will hurt. If your swing coach moved you into a T100 iron I am sure he sees good enough contact to make the move. I wish you good luck with them as the T100-S are my current favorites. 

... Fwiw, I played with a PGA Pro that works at Desert Mountain in Phoenix and he shot a 65 at Aguila from the tips (7007yds) playing G400 irons while his fellow Pro shot an 85 using MB's. To be fair it was their day off and his fellow Pro had quite a few beers so that factors into it. But I asked him why he isn't playing at least some kind of Players Irons and he shrugged and said "If they are gonna make very forgiving irons and I don't get to play as much as I would like because I am always teaching, why would I switch?"  To which his playing pard said "And if I had any brains I would be playing G400's too"

i followed your thread about the T100S irons closely and your success with them has me very excited to get mine out on the course. 

the ways to play this game are endless. the PGA pro shooting a 65 with GI irons is a great example. id bet the farm he didn’t become a plus handicap by hitting GI irons his whole career. but now that he can’t devote the same time to his game, he’s finding enjoyment in the added forgiveness from the G400s. 

as someone just starting out and getting better quickly, i’m more inclined to accept the challenge of harder clubs. who knows? maybe 2 years from now i still won’t be breaking 90 and i’ll be selling the T100 set for some GI irons. only way to find out is to try them. 

When @xOldBenKenobiX and I played a little while ago, he commented that I was a good ball striker. First of all thank you again Elson for your generous comment but ever since that I have been obsessed with trying out Tigers P7TW irons... Unfortunately...

The Gamertologist: Fourth quarter 2014: A wallet bashing ...

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

1 minute ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

When @xOldBenKenobiX and I played a little while ago, he commented that I was a good ball striker. First of all thank you again Elson for your generous comment but ever since that I have been obsessed with trying out Tigers P7TW irons... Unfortunately...

The Gamertologist: Fourth quarter 2014: A wallet bashing ...

You are a great ball striker for sure Matt, but those P7TW irons are a lot of money, I enter all of the surveys that I can to see if I can win me a set.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

... That PGA Pro would certainly be an exception. He hit the ball nice and high without ballooning. His consistent trajectory was awe inspiring and he never worked the ball with one exception when he was blocked by a tree.  You are under the watchful eye of a swing coach and I doubt he would move you into something like T100's if he did not think it was best for your game.

... You may or not be shocked by how poorly golfers strike the ball for a myriad of reasons but almost always a swing flaw or multiple swing flaws. Golf is also one of the very few games someone with little to no athletic ability can play with some success. I played Travel Team tennis for several years before finding golf. If you are not athletic enough to get to the ball or get it over the net and in play, it is silly to play the game and of course you would be unable to play with someone else. After getting really good at the game, I had a hard time finding playing partners. The great thing about golf is a + index can play with a 20 index and have a great time. Even though the 20 index might miss almost every fairway, take 4 or 5 shots to get to the green and 3 putt once they are there. As long as they keep pace, they can enjoy playing golf with anyone or all b by themselves.

... But I have to admit I marvel at the fortitude of those with little natural ability that play golf that rarely if ever hit a solid shot and they have my admiration. I played with a guy in bib overalls in Phoenix several years ago and he never hit a real golf shot. On 18 I hit my DI off the tee about 225 leaving me 185 uphill to a front pin tucked just over a lake. WTF I was on vacation and sitting on even par so I went right at it needing a very solid 5 iron. On of my best shots of the day, landing 3 feet from the pin leaving me with a birdie and a 71. He hit driver off the tee about 175, took 2 more shots to get past my drive and after my 5 iron he said with a heavy southern drawl "I aint never gonna hit a shot like that and really enjoyed being up close to see all yer shots today. But dayum I love playin this here game and I'm gonna get better and have a ton of fun doing it". Gotta love this game. 

4 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I'd love it if you did something here to show us (me in particular, LOL) how this goes.

Putting is by far the best part of my game, it makes up for a lot of my sins. I've always liked to play a 33.5" blade. I gamed a custom built a YES! Tracy for years (will never get rid of it) until just recently, when I experimented with a Stroke Lab Double Wide, an Evnroll HB and now a Cameron Select Newport 2.0. No reason, other than I'm looking to put together a second bag to keep up on Long Island because I don't want to sell my Rogue X irons and hybrids... I'll keep them up there in NY.

I've never experimented with grips like the claw or in my (lefty) case right hand low. I prefer a pistol grip, but I've tried a Matador or Super Stroke 1.0 and liked both. The Flat Cat, or SS 3.0's aren't for me. neither are mallet style heads, it seems.

The armlock intrigues me though. Everything about that method makes sense to me. Good luck!!!

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Superstroke wrist-lock grip is where its at. You just need a putter that you can choke down a few inches on, and potentially bend the lie angle a few degrees more upright. Then you can put with wristlocked, and you dont have to be a special armlock putter. Lucky for me, im so short and low to the ground that i can wristlock a 33" putter lol. A 35" putter would literally be an armlock putter for me.

On the putter note, i am thinking about the Betti new release announcement tomorrow. But i definitely don't need more putters.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

21 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I'd love it if you did something here to show us (me in particular, LOL) how this goes.

Putting is by far the best part of my game, it makes up for a lot of my sins. I've always liked a shorter 33.5" blade. I used completely custom built a YES! Tracy for years (will never get rid of it) until this year when I experimented with a Stroke Lab Double Wide, and now a Cameron Select Newport 2.0. No reason, other than I'm looking to put together a second bag to keep up on Long Island.

I've never experimented with grips like the claw or in my (lefty) case right hand low. I prefer a pistol grip, but hve tried a Matador or Super Stroke 1.0 and liked both. The Flat Cat, or SS3.0's aren't for me.

The armlock putters intrigue me though. Everything about doing it that way makes sense to me. Give it a good, hard look. I might also. Good luck!!!

... Just keep in mind, most of the modern alternate grips are there because players had some form of the yips or could not control their hands and flip through impact. If you have a sound stroke with a conventional grip whether rear or front hand low you won't find more success with any of the new grips like arm lock, claw or fingers not hands on the shaft. On the other hand if you are struggling with putting, trying something new is always a good idea. 

Just now, chisag said:

... Just keep in mind, most of the modern alternate grips are there because players had some form of the yips or could not control their hands and flip through impact. If you have a sound stroke with a conventional grip whether rear or front hand low you won't find more success with any of the new grips like arm lock, claw or fingers not hands on the shaft. On the other hand if you are struggling with putting, trying something new is always a good idea. 

Agreed. Probably the biggest change I've ever made as far as putting goes was late this summer when I tried the Evnroll HB. I'd never really given a mallet a fair shake, just rolled them on a store, or practice green. The MOI thing intrigued me, so I used a good portion of a PGASS gift card balance on one. I knew right away (3 rounds) it just wasn't for me. the Yes! went back in the bag, and I used the playability guarantee to flip the Evnroll into the Scotty Newport 2.0.

BTW I'm loving the Cameron… wasn't a fan of his recent inserts, but this milled face has really felt very nice. I trusted them to get the right weighting at my preferred 33.5" and I'm glad I did (they went heavy). Granted, these are early days, but it looks like the YES! Tracy might be going into semi-retirement up on Long Island. The old broad has been a work horse. She's earned a nice rest.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

First off, I apologize, I am a bit all over the place with ideas, for me its the ADHD.

Need some input from you guys. This is regarding the Masters limited edition Aerotech Steelfibers that I won. I don't get to have any input on which Steelfiber shafts I will receive, they are i95 stiff parallel tip shafts. So if you were me, would you:

1. Put them in whichever irons, either current set or some new heads i pick up and play them
  2. Go for a fitting in which i find out what heads work best for me with the Steelfiber i95
  3. Go for a fitting test any of the iron/shaft combos that the fitter recommends, find out what my best combo is. If it is not with a Steelfiber i95 S, then sell the i95s and use the proceeds to purchase the set recommended from the fitting

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

3. Go for a fitting test any of the iron/shaft combos that the fitter recommends, find out what my best combo is. If it is not with a Steelfiber i95 S, then sell the i95s and use the proceeds to purchase the set recommended from the fitting

... As a 21.5 index, you need the best fitting combo you can play. Of course this is true for everyone regardless of index but high index players may not know their swing well enough and might be using equipment ill fit for their games. I made the mistake of installing some Steelfiber i95 stiff shafts in my irons and they were just too stout for my swing. Several years later after talking to Aerotech I installed a set of i95 regular flex and the results are excellent. As a shaft ho I didn't mind all that much but I would have saved money along with some time and the aggravation of shafting, removing shafts, boxing and selling them had I been fit to begin with.  

I'm  with chisag on this one as well. Option 3.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

36 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

First off, I apologize, I am a bit all over the place with ideas, for me its the ADHD.

Need some input from you guys. This is regarding the Masters limited edition Aerotech Steelfibers that I won. I don't get to have any input on which Steelfiber shafts I will receive, they are i95 stiff parallel tip shafts. So if you were me, would you:

1. Put them in whichever irons, either current set or some new heads i pick up and play them
  2. Go for a fitting in which i find out what heads work best for me with the Steelfiber i95

you are like a squirrel on crack my friend. 😂😂

by my count you’re in like 4 different threads discussing equipment changes (driver, putter grip, putter, iron heads, iron shafts) while also trying out a few different instructors to fix some flaws in your swing. 

that is A LOT of moving parts when trying to hit a ball with a stick is hard enough as it is. 

i know equipment testing is something a lot of people on here like, and more power to everyone with the time and desire to go through that, but i wonder if getting one thing figured out at a time might help the rest settle in to place? 

just my two cents man. no harm meant by it at all. 

like my old man says...that and $5 will get you a cup of coffee. 

(or maybe a latte at the roastery in Cap Hill)

2 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

you are like a squirrel on crack my friend. 😂😂

by my count you’re in like 4 different threads discussing equipment changes (driver, putter grip, putter, iron heads, iron shafts) while also trying out a few different instructors to fix some flaws in your swing. 

that is A LOT of moving parts when trying to hit a ball with a stick is hard enough as it is. 

i know equipment testing is something a lot of people on here like, and more power to everyone with the time and desire to go through that, but i wonder if getting one thing figured out at a time might help the rest settle in to place? 

just my two cents man. no harm meant by it at all. 

like my old man says...that and $5 will get you a cup of coffee. 

(or maybe a latte at the roastery in Cap Hill)

Yep, im all over the place LOL. I'm set on instructor now though at least.

Updated 07/15/2022

18 minutes ago, chisag said:

... As a 21.5 index, you need the best fitting combo you can play. Of course this is true for everyone regardless of index but high index players may not know their swing well enough and might be using equipment ill for for their games. I made the mistake of installing some Steelfiber i95 stiff shafts in my irons and they were just too stout for my swing. Several years later after taming to Aerotech I installed a set of i95 regular flex and the results are excellent. As a shaft ho I didn't mind all that much but I would have saved money along with some time and the aggravation of shafting, removing shafts, boxing and selling them had I been fit to begin with.  

Thanks, that makes sense. If these were some normal shafts, I probably would just test them out and see. But these are some special edition green colored Masters Steelfibers, so i would hate to cut them down and install them, find out they don't work well for me, and then sell them used when i could have sold them brand new in the first place.

Updated 07/15/2022

Ok, taking my mind off of clubs for a while, so thinking about the mobility sticks below. Would like to improve mobility and reduce injuries.

Stick-Mobility-Golf-Mobility-Sticks-Bund

Updated 07/15/2022

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Ok, taking my mind off of clubs for a while, so thinking about the mobility sticks below. Would like to improve mobility and reduce injuries.

Stick-Mobility-Golf-Mobility-Sticks-Bund

Buy 1" or 1-1/4" wood dowels from the hardware store or unscrew the broom handle and use that... 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

5 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Buy 1" or 1-1/4" wood dowels from the hardware store or unscrew the broom handle and use that... 

The Stick Mobility sticks are flexible so they are different from a wood dowel or pvc pipe

Updated 07/15/2022

You don’t need a 45” armlock putter to use an armlock swing. I have a 33” putter and have stiffened my left arm to stay in the same plane as the putter. The results? Making many more putts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 11/18/2020 at 8:45 PM, dlow206 said:

Thanks, that makes sense. If these were some normal shafts, I probably would just test them out and see. But these are some special edition green colored Masters Steelfibers, so i would hate to cut them down and install them, find out they don't work well for me, and then sell them used when i could have sold them brand new in the first place.

The i95 stiff is the same shaft Brandt Snedeker had used since 2018. 

As mentioned the steelfibers play stiff to flex and have a boardy feel for most. It’s actually what caused Matt Kuchar to go away from 110s and iirc why Snedeker went to the i95s voce the 110 and x flex.  Also this knock is why Aerotech designed the FC version 

Not to sound negative but the chances of you having a successful testing period with them and if you are worried about cutting them them down used instead of new I would highly consider just selling them new 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1