TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

I have a question for anyone who plays a 48* gap wedge, or those of you who are better at this wedge set up thing than I am...
My Rogue X irons had a 46* gap wedge. The lofts were so strong in that set of irons, I had to give up something somewhere, so I used a 52* 56* setup at the bottom of my bag and dropped my 58*.
The 52* - 56* gapped very well behind the 46*, but there were times I really missed having a 58* for short side bunker or flop shots around the green. I made do by opening up the 56, but...
My question is, now that my GW is 48*,  should I go
52-58
54-58
52-56 current set up
The 52 I have now is bunching up a bit more to the 48, but I can live with it, I'm just wondering what you would do. It will be a painless switch financially, as I have over a month left on a 90 day playability with my current wedges.
*** I should also note that the 0211 GW is a lot better to chip and pitch with than the Rogue X AW, which was very "hot" off the face. I find myself using the 0211 GW now for the greenside shots I was using my 52* for.***

Not sure if I’m answering your question but my wedges are;
PW 44*
GW 49*
SW 55*
These are serving we well right now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

28 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I have a question for anyone who plays a 48* gap wedge, or those of you who are better at this wedge set up thing than I am...

My Rogue X irons had a 46* gap wedge. The lofts were so strong in that set of irons, I had to give up something somewhere, so I used a 52* 56* setup at the bottom of my bag and dropped my 58*.

The 52* - 56* gapped very well behind the 46*, but there were times I really missed having a 58* for short side bunker or flop shots around the green. I made do by opening up the 56, but...

My question is, now that my GW is 48*,  should I go

52-58

54-58

52-56 current set up

I'm just wondering what you would do. It will be a painless switch financially, as I have over a month left on a 90 day playability with my current wedges.

*** I should also note that the 0211 GW is a lot better to chip and pitch with than the Rogue X AW, which was very "hot" off the face. I find myself using the 0211 GW now for the greenside shots I was using my 52* for.***

... A lot depends on what kind of shots you hit. I play a 48* - 53* (1* weak 52*) - 58* but I play 95% of my shots around the green with my 58*. I flight all my wedges low so 3/4 or 1/2 shots with all of them depending on the pin location although I do hit full shots with my 48/53. Long bunker shots I use my 53* or even 48*. So you could easily bend your 52* to 53* and have 5* gaps with 48-53-58. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

12 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

The 52* gapped very well behind the 46* as did the 56* also, but there were times I really needed a 58* for short side bunker or flop shots around the green. I made do by opening up the 56, but...

My question is, now that my GW is 48*,  should I go 52-58, 54-58, or stick with the 52-56. The 52 I have now is bunching up a bit more to the 48, but I can live with it, I'm just wondering if you guys think I'm better of with a 58* LW. It will be a painless switch financially, as I have over a month left on a 90 day playability with my current wedges.

It all depends on how you are using the wedges. If you take full shots I would balance out the gaps and do 48, 54, and 60.  I had a similar issue, my old set had a 47 gap. My sand wedge is 56 and my lob is 60. From 47 to 56 is too large a gap. My current irons went to a 50 gap. So my gapping got better but still not ideal. I prefer 56 for sand and 60 for short sided shots. But I also hit full shots. But what really matters is how far you hit them. For me 50 is 100 yards, 56 is 80, and 60 is 60. So even though the lofts aren't evenly gapped it works for distance. All my chipping is with the 50*.  You also can have the lofts adjusted to get the desired gapping instead of investing. I wasnt sure if your 58* was part of the trial or not.

Chisag was a quicker typer than I was.......

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Not sure if I’m answering your question but my wedges are;
PW 44*
GW 49*
SW 55*
These are serving we well right now.

Rick, if you look at our setups, you'll see my dilemma. you have a 5* gap with each wedge. With my current 48, 52, 56. I have a 4* spread. I could bend the 52 to 53 or a 54 to 53 if I had a 58 and get the same 5* you have, or jst see how the 54-58 works before bending. 

Just now, chisag said:

... A lot depends on what kind of shots you hit. I play a 48* - 53* (1* weak 52*) - 58* but I play 95% of my shots around the green with my 58*. I flight all my wedges low so 3/4 or 1/2 shots with all of them depending on the pin location although I do hit full shots with my 48/53. Long bunker shots I use my 53* or even 48*. So you could easily bend your 52* to 53* and have 5* gaps with 48-53-58. 

This is what I was just about to tell Rick P.

I'm not as proficient with my wedges as a player on your level though... I'm not so sure I'd depend solely on the 58 around the green. the 53 (or 54) would be used for full swings and bunkers, and some green side shots also. It would probably become my work horse wedge. the 58 would be used for all those same shots, except not so much on full swings...

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

1 minute ago, Grand Stranded said:

Rick, if you look at our setups, you'll see my dilemma. you have a 5* gap with each wedge. With my current 48, 52, 56. I have a 4* spread. I could bend the 52 to 53 or a 54 to 53 if I had a 58 and get the same 5* you have, or jst see how the 54-58 works before bending. 

This is what I was just about to tell Rick P.

I'm not as proficient with my wedges as a player on your level though... I'm not so sure I'd depend solely on the 58 around the green. the 53 (or 54) would be used for full swings and bunkers, and some green side shots also. It would probably become my work horse wedge. the 58 would be used for all those same shots, except not so much on full swings...

Take a look at the top Of your bag too.  If you can ditch a long club that is bunched with another one in the 5 yard group, ditch one and add an extra wedge.

51 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It all depends on how you are using the wedges. If you take full shots I would balance out the gaps and do 48, 54, and 60.  I had a similar issue, my old set had a 47 gap. My sand wedge is 56 and my lob is 60. From 47 to 56 is too large a gap. My current irons went to a 50 gap. So my gapping got better but still not ideal. I prefer 56 for sand and 60 for short sided shots. But I also hit full shots. But what really matters is how far you hit them. For me 50 is 100 yards, 56 is 80, and 60 is 60. So even though the lofts aren't evenly gapped it works for distance. All my chipping is with the 50*.  You also can have the lofts adjusted to get the desired gapping instead of investing. I wasnt sure if your 58* was part of the trial or not.

Chisag was a quicker typer than I was.......

I'd be flying by the seat of my pants as far as distances go, Tom. I have my 52 and 56 yardages down, but the PGASS here, won't let you hit wedges in the bays (afraid of ceiling damage, lol). So I'm estimating how the 2* gap from 52-54 and 56-58 would work in my head.

Interesting thought with the 60, I've never played higher than a 58 the last 10 years...

Edited by Grand Stranded

Right now this setup has worked right now for me.
I’ve “tinkered” for a long time w this but this works but I’m sure it’s not for everyone.
BTW , 58* & 60* don’t work for me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Right now this setup has worked right now for me.
I’ve “tinkered” for a long time w this but this works but I’m sure it’s not for everyone.
BTW , 58* & 60* don’t work for me.

I hear you. If I was still playing the Rogue X irons, I'd be fine with the 52-56. The 0211 GW isn't as hot a face, and is 2* weaker, so that's making me think I don't need the 52? 

@chisag One thing I forgot to bring up as far as bending the 52 weak, it's the exact length as the 0211 GW, so I'm thinking  1* weak won't really change anything. Maybe delofting a 54 would be better?

Edited by Grand Stranded

I love my 60* High flight, drop and stop and accurate. Can't even count how many times I hit the pin in a year. I just have to make sure it's not a tight lie.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

45 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I love my 60* High flight, drop and stop and accurate. Can't even count how many times I hit the pin in a year. I just have to make sure it's not a tight lie.

When I lived up north, using a 60* wasn't a problem for me, in fact, I was pretty decent with it. When I moved down to Myrtle Beach, my short game went to pieces. Whereas back home the ball always seemed to sit up a bit, it seems like every course down here shaves the grass so much (especially around the greens) that you're always hitting off a tight lie. I developed a case of the yips with my wedges and it took me a while to recover from it.

I'm better now, but I rarely try to get very cute with my wedge game down here. It's funny though, when I'm up on Long Island I'll try all kinds of shots (even from deep rough, which we rarely have to deal with down here).

Edited by Grand Stranded

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

When I lived up north, using a 60* wasn't a problem for me, in fact, I was pretty decent with it. When I moved down to Myrtle Beach, my short game went to pieces. Whereas back home the ball always seemed to sit up a bit, it seems like every course down here shaves the grass so much (especially around the greens) that you're always hitting off a tight lie. I developed a case of the yips with my wedges and it took me a while to recover from it.

I'm better now, but I rarely try to get very cute with my wedge game down here. It's funny though, when I'm up on Long Island I'll try all kinds of shots (even from deep rough, which we rarely have to deal with down here).

Yep we do tend to have a  lot of tight lies around here.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

So, after thinking on this last night and this morning, I think I've come to a decision. 🙄

When I ordered my 0211 irons, I had them adjust the lofts to match those on the Titleist T300's, so I just went on the Titleist site to see how they gapped the set wedges on those. Here's what I found:

PW 43* 35.75"

W1 48*  35.5"

W2 53*  35.5"

My PW and GW are identical, so after seeing this, I'm thinking the way to go is bend my 52 weak 1* so it plays at 53*, and go with a 58*.

Sometimes I wonder if I drive myself crazy worrying about lofts and specs to this extent. Two old sayings come to mind. "Ignorance is bliss" and "A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing". Ah well, if nothing else, at least this plan makes more sense to me than staying with 52* and 56*. 

Off I go to the PGASS... 

Edited by Grand Stranded

i think im good for now

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

9 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

i think im good for now

How are the zx5s?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

51 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

How are the zx5s?

Have not hit them at the range or on course yet, only in my backyard net. I like that they have much less offset than the Mavrik Max irons. I don't think I consistently line up my Mavrik Max irons square.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

now that my super hybrid is imminent on to replacing the 23 degree. 

thinking about F8 or 818H1.

also think I want to try an Edel torque balanced putter... have been intrigued with them for a long time. 
I know I should do the Edel fitting but that's not in the budget and I've been fit for a putter before. 😉

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

also think I want to try an Edel torque balanced putter... have been intrigued with them for a long time. 
I know I should do the Edel fitting but that's not in the budget and I've been fit for a putter before.

I might have an 818H1 available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I know I should do the Edel fitting but that's not in the budget and I've been fit for a putter before. 😉

Both good sticks, but I can tell you the TS3 is great and the price came down to $230 a few months ago.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Both good sticks, but I can tell you the TS3 is great and the price came down to $230 a few months ago.

yeah - that's a bit outta my budget. #ImACheapSkate 😁

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Thinking about Grips today!

The 20% off from PGA Tour Superstore works on them so not a bad time to grab some.

Trying to decide between my old standby of Lamkin Crosslines or using the Sonars like I used this year or grabbing the Sonar Wrap which I had put on the driver shaft I ordered.

I’m probably leaning towards the Sonars as I like the reduced taper, even though the crosslines give me a littler firmer traction.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

19 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

The 20% off from PGA Tour Superstore works on them so not a bad time to grab some.

Trying to decide between my old standby of Lamkin Crosslines or using the Sonars like I used this year or grabbing the Sonar Wrap which I had put on the driver shaft I ordered.

I’m probably leaning towards the Sonars as I like the reduced taper, even though the crosslines give me a littler firmer traction.

Lamkin loyalist?

I used to game UTX Wraps for a couple seasons, but they discontinued them and the UTX just isn't the same.  Made the switch to Golf Pride MCCs, and now Z Grip on a few clubs, and love them.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

36 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

... Grips are very personal of course, but if you have not taken a look at the Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid grips that are firmer than the Sonars, I highly recommend you try and hold one to see how it feels. I don't use a glove and it is the first non-tacky grip I have used that has great traction without any tackiness. Very secure in my hands and it has a slightly larger bottom half. Using the UTx that worked OK, I was always looking for something more comfortable in my fingers but also secure without using a glove. I had to wipe down the UTx and 3GEN's I used prior to the UTx before every shot or at least every other shot to keep their tack or they got slippery. I never have to wipe down the ST+2 during the round and run them under soapy water between every other round to make sure the oil from my hands doesn't seep into the grip, although I think the material might not absorb oil like previous grips. For me at least, they are the best grips I have used to date and I am not looking at any others for the first time in forever. 

https://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/st-hybrid/

Hey @chisag, I did just pick up 2 TS3 hybrids, but I'm still thinking about that TaylorMade 19 degree DHY I see in your profile signature.  What made you go with that club?  I have fond memories of my old Adams DHY...very handy for punch-outs and the occasional greenside work as well.  I'm really tempted to pick one up even if just to tinker.  Interested in your thoughts/review on it. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Lamkin loyalist?

I used to game UTX Wraps for a couple seasons, but they discontinued them and the UTX just isn't the same.  Made the switch to Golf Pride MCCs, and now Z Grip on a few clubs, and love them.

Loyalist? no I wouldn't say so.  I've used a few different GP grips too.  I had MCC's on my wedges and found I didn't like them as much as I thought I would.  I'm liking the feel of the + grips with reduced taper for sure.  Way back I used the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2Gs in White... because I thought they looked cool! haha  At least it was hard to leave one of those greenside since they were so bright.  The MCC+4 is seemingly always on my list, but the old standard Crossline's seem to never disappoint me for less than $5 a grip.  

I'll have to take a look at the Z Grip (I think I swung that in a SIM demo) and the ST+2 @chisag was talking about.  I can always order a few and return what I don't use.  For the Sonars I've only used the wrap in the driver shaft for about 40-50 swings, but it seems they're slightly firmer than the non-wrap Sonars, so might be the middle ground between them and the crosslines.  

I'm probably putting too much thought into it... but then again it's nearly winter in MA... need something to think about. haha

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey @chisag, I did just pick up 2 TS3 hybrids, but I'm still thinking about that TaylorMade 19 degree DHY I see in your profile signature.  What made you go with that club?  I have fond memories of my old Adams DHY...very handy for punch-outs and the occasional greenside work as well.  I'm really tempted to pick one up even if just to tinker.  Interested in your thoughts/review on it. Thanks!

... I was rotating a 17* TP UDi 2 iron and a 19* Adams LS Hybrid depending on course, conditions and wind. The UDi was awesome off the tee and good for low shots on par 5's from the fairway and useless from the rough. Not a club I could hit an approach shot over a bunker or needing to land and stop. The LS hybrid was excellent for second shots on par 5's and out of light to medium rough but never very accurate off the tee for me. 

... The DHy is the best of both worlds as it looks like an iron at address and even more accurate off the tee than my UDi and more forgiving. I can hit it now into the wind if b=needed but can all launch it high for any kind oof shot I need and just as good from the rough as the LS hybrid. Honestly it is probably my favorite club right now. Fwiw, I have a brand new 19* DHy for sale in the Classifieds with different shaft options and the head is still in plastic. I absolutely love the Diamana Limited 65 gm hybrid shaft and could not find one for my Super Hybrid, so I bought one from TM with a 2" longer shaft and it fit my SH perfectly. 

Really doing my best to not fall for the Hogan 10% off sale today.  I believe in paying good forward and as a tester, I want to continue to spend money with them.  As someone had suggested for me ( I struggle with fairway woods) I should try a 4 wood rather than a 3; this is a chance to see if I can make one work.  The ongoing Hybrid, Fairway, Utility thread of testers is certainly helpful.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

31 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I was rotating a 17* TP UDi 2 iron and a 19* Adams LS Hybrid depending on course, conditions and wind. The UDi was awesome off the tee and good for low shots on par 5's from the fairway and useless from the rough. Not a club I could hit an approach shot over a bunker or needing to land and stop. The LS hybrid was excellent for second shots on par 5's and out of light to medium rough but never very accurate off the tee for me. 

... The DHy is the best of both worlds as it looks like an iron at address and even more accurate off the tee than my UDi and more forgiving. I can hit it now into the wind if b=needed but can all launch it high for any kind oof shot I need and just as good from the rough as the LS hybrid. Honestly it is probably my favorite club right now. Fwiw, I have a brand new 19* DHy for sale in the Classifieds with different shaft options and the head is still in plastic. I absolutely love the Diamana Limited 65 gm hybrid shaft and could not find one for my Super Hybrid, so I bought one from TM with a 2" longer shaft and it fit my SH perfectly. 

Thanks for the feedback!

I saw your classified...not sure I'm in a position to right now with HQ if you know what I mean...

43 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I have fond memories of my old Adams DHY...very handy for punch-outs and the occasional greenside work as well.  

... I  just wanted to add that while the original Adams DHy worked pretty well for me too, I always found the head shape off-putting as it was too low profile to look like an iron at address and not enough meat behind it to look like a hybrid. So visually for me at least, it was the worst of both worlds even though it performed well. 

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... I  just wanted to add that while the original Adams DHy worked pretty well for me too, I always found the head shape off-putting as it was too low profile to look like an iron at address and not enough meat behind it to look like a hybrid. So visually for me at least, it was the worst of both worlds even though it performed well. 

That's interesting that you'd say that.  The TM version you're gaming now is that aesthetically different from the Adams club?

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

That's interesting that you'd say that.  The TM version you're gaming now is that aesthetically different from the Adams club?

... Quite different and it looks much more like an iron at address. The black and gray graphics of the Adams has been replaced by satin chrome. Performance is similar although there have been advancements made in the years since the original was released. Scroll through the pictures to see what it looks like at address in the link below:

https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1054331-taylormade-sim-dhy-hybrid/