TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

I've been looking for another tee club to use on shorter par 4's or where some water or fairway bunkers just call for a shorter shot. Right now, I do not game any fairway woods as I get along much better with hybrids and have a 17* degree that is effectively a 4/5 wood. I am testing the Hogan UiHi so that may become an option for me, but with my current bag setup I'm thinking strong 3 wood, mini driver, or even a second driver at a higher loft.

I've tried some stronger 3 woods. I just moved on from testing an Adams Super XTD at 14.5. Was long, but no more better dispersion than my driver. I picked up a x2 hot 3 deep pro at 14.5. Only had range time, but have really been impressed. The only problem is it sits open and I hit nothing but fades. I can live with that, but thats the ball flight from my driver and in an ideal world this secondary tee club would be easy to draw. So I just made a move on a Callaway Mini 1.5 at 12 degrees. Will probably bump it to 13 or 14 to close it a touch and we'll see. Still have an eye out for a F9 Tour Length at 12*. Maybe a PING rapture. SLDR?

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

I have a question for anyone who plays a 48* gap wedge, or those of you who are better at this wedge set up thing than I am...
My Rogue X irons had a 46* gap wedge. The lofts were so strong in that set of irons, I had to give up something somewhere, so I used a 52* 56* setup at the bottom of my bag and dropped my 58*.
The 52* - 56* gapped very well behind the 46*, but there were times I really missed having a 58* for short side bunker or flop shots around the green. I made do by opening up the 56, but...
My question is, now that my GW is 48*,  should I go
52-58
54-58
52-56 current set up
I'm just wondering what you would do. It will be a painless switch financially, as I have over a month left on a 90 day playability with my current wedges.
*** I should also note that the 0211 GW is a lot better to chip and pitch with than the Rogue X AW, which was very "hot" off the face. I find myself using the 0211 GW now for the greenside shots I was using my 52* for.***

My GP is 48* as well and I use to have a 52*, 56* and 60*. I changed up my bag about 2 months ago and got rid of the 52* and 56*. So now my wedge grouping is GP 48*, 54* and 60*. This seems to suit my game well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Considering a replacement for my driving iron. I had more success with a tMB and a HMB with steel shaft. I sometimes feel that my UT with graphite twists. 

any other lefty driving irons others consider?

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

24 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

My GP is 48* as well and I use to have a 52*, 56* and 60*. I changed up my bag about 2 months ago and got rid of the 52* and 56*. So now my wedge grouping is GP 48*, 54* and 60*. This seems to suit my game well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, it might be the same thing with me, Tony... I'm not missing the 56* either.

I went with @chisag's recommendation of 52* bent to 53, and a 58*. So far (early days) I couldn't be happier with the 58* Vokey SM7. The M grind on it works very well for me, it's so easy to open it up when I need to, and it's been great from the bunker. I like it much more than the 56*.

I'm not too sure about the 0211 gap wedge though. It seems to play short to it's loft, if that makes sense. I'll wait until the weather warms up and see if that changes. If not I'll see if I can find a 48* LH Vokey somewhere... you know how lucky us lefties are with those type of searches. 🙄 

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

I’ve been saving up for a few months for a Skytrak. The Rapsodo MLM has been a temptress, especially with the holiday sales that have been available. I’m not sure it has the full functionality I’m seeking though.

Winter appears to be upon us in MO. I’ve had a net set up for a while but generally miss many more ways than left and right. I’m hoping this would allow me to hone in on some faults without the need to bang buckets at the range. 

We recently welcomed our 2nd boy.   Time for golf was already a premium with our 1st.  I’m hoping this allows me to sneak in rounds and range time during naps.

I’m also the stickler on our family’s budget. This has been good to drill in the need to follow our budget and set a good disciplined example of how it can be used for frivolous things too. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme, Hzrds Yellow

:taylormade-small: r11 S Fairway Wood

:taylormade-small: RBZ Stage 2 3-4 Hybrids

:titelist-small: 690MB/CB Iron Set 5-PW

:cleveland-small:  Tour Action, 52-56-60

:odyssey-small:  White Ice D.A.R.T.

:callaway-small: Chrome Soft

Right-handed

On 12/3/2020 at 8:19 AM, Shapotomous said:

+1....what shafts are in these 4 woods??

Mavrik 4 woods being offered up for sale.....

Like throwing scooby snacks to scooby doo, they never hit the ground!

I tried to resist but made a short road trip this morning, meeting one of MGS's finest ... 

and picked up the 16.5* Mavrik 4w from the stash of GolfSpy_CG2.    That might be the shortest time a club has ever spent on my wish list!

I am certainly envious of his work environment too! 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

6 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I tried to resist but made a short road trip this morning, meeting one of MGS's finest ... 

and picked up the 16.5* Mavrik 4w from the stash of GolfSpy_CG2.    That might be the shortest time a club has ever spent on my wish list!

Any pics of his club stash? lol

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

6 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

It was an otherworldly experience.....No pictures because.....

As he moved the door aside to retrieve the 4w from the stash, there was a glow which spoils the exposure settings & renders all pictures useless....

glowing.jpg.7099eac764f4bc9f395a13d400d3f98c.jpg

add in the angelic choir singing the hallelujah chorus in your head putting you in a semi-hypnotic motionless state unable to point your phone the right direction.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Thanks for coming down, I owe you a round on me your next trip down, since you saved me shipping and paypal fees!

Heck that's probably a round and lunch with drinks the way paypal fees are now..ha

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

He didn't want to look too long, he said it would be tempting. I tried to tempt him with two matching Callaway MD5 wedges...but he showed amazing restraint  🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Thanks for coming down, I owe you a round on me your next trip down, since you saved me shipping and paypal fees!

Heck that's probably a round and lunch with drinks the way paypal fees are now..ha

He didn't want to look too long, he said it would be tempting. I tried to tempt him with two matching Callaway MD5 wedges...but he showed amazing restraint  🙂

When's the ES21 going on the market?  You got one, right, in a 56?  

Any more feedback on that thing?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

8 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

When's the ES21 going on the market?  You got one, right, in a 56?  

Any more feedback on that thing?

I do in fact have one. A 55%  It’s available for the taking.  Haven really liked it at all. 

It could have been me or the rep, but i think the wrong shaft got out in.  Pretty sure it has the same $Taper Lite shaft that the irons had which was around 98g as opposed to a wedge weight.  

22 hours ago, scooterhd2 said:

I just made a move on a Callaway Mini 1.5 at 12 degrees. Will probably bump it to 13 or 14 to close it a touch and we'll see. Still have an eye out for a F9 Tour Length at 12*. Maybe a PING rapture. SLDR?

I just picked up a Mini in 14* and it's been fantastic so far for me. I've left it at the standard loft and moved it to the D setting and I can just swing away with it. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to pick one up, as I've only been able to get one round and a few range sessions in with it. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

4 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I just picked up a Mini in 14* and it's been fantastic so far for me. I've left it at the standard loft and moved it to the D setting and I can just swing away with it. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to pick one up, as I've only been able to get one round and a few range sessions in with it. 

Are you using it as a driver or 3wood replacement?

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I do in fact have one. A 55%  It’s available for the taking.  Haven really liked it at all. 

It could have been me or the rep, but i think the wrong shaft got out in.  Pretty sure it has the same $Taper Lite shaft that the irons had which was around 98g as opposed to a wedge weight.  

Yeah, I’m going to go try some next week just because I like Mizuno abs the tech has me curious, but it will have to really wow me to get me off Vokey’s.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Just now, scooterhd2 said:

Are you using it as a driver or 3wood replacement?

Driver. My D7 has been incredibly inconsistent and my backup R1 wasn't much better. But I can hit 3w off the tee all day long. So I put the Mini in and my plan is to start next season with that as my driver while lofting up the GBB to 17*. 

20 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Yeah, I’m going to go try some next week just because I like Mizuno abs the tech has me curious, but it will have to really wow me to get me off Vokey’s.

Yep. It sets up nice and looks cool.  Like you, it’ll take something pretty, pretty, pretty good, to take my Vokeys out. 

18 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

.., I will be making the switch to a Mizuno T-20 58* from my Vokey SM8 58*. I love Vokeys but the sole on the T-20 performed better for me from the sand and tight lies, which I will be facing in Phoenix. Gotta say when the fitter handed me a Mizuno wedge I just was not interested but it was a fitting I paid for so I tried it and glad I did. No need to change my 52* since my Vokey was as good as any of the wedges I hit but the Mizuno 58* was a clear winner for me. It really is kinda amazing that the sole can make that much difference coming out of the sand, but it performed much better than any other wedge for me and I did not have to work as hard as I did with other wedges. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

15 minutes ago, chisag said:

.., I will be making the switch to a Mizuno T-20 58* from my Vokey SM8 58*. I love Vokeys but the sole on the T-20 performed better for me from the sand and tight lies, which I will be facing in Phoenix. Gotta say when the fitter handed me a Mizuno wedge I just was not interested but it was a fitting I paid for so I tried it and glad I did. No need to change my 52* since my Vokey was as good as any of the wedges I hit but the Mizuno 58* was a clear winner for me. It really is kinda amazing that the sole can make that much difference coming out of the sand, but it performed much better than any other wedge for me and I did not have to work as hard as I did with other wedges. 

Thanks for that, I do intend to look at the T-20's too, largely because of the wet wedge test. 

How much bounce on that 58?  

... T-20 8* which was a great comparison to my Vokey M Grind with *8 of bounce. Soles looked similar to the naked eye but the Mizuno has a more blunted leading edge and just got thru the sand much cleaner for me. Ymmv of course. 

Lots on my list to Santa this year:

56 & 60 degree Vokeys in black: figured I’d try the wedges before committing to a murdered out set.

Ping G410 3 wood: I’ve got an active thread about picking a shaft...

Titleist U510 2 iron: I have the 3 iron but it goes the same distance as my 4 iron. But I’d have to drop a club to add it to my bag...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

16 hours ago, chisag said:

... T-20 8* which was a great comparison to my Vokey M Grind with *8 of bounce. Soles looked similar to the naked eye but the Mizuno has a more blunted leading edge and just got thru the sand much cleaner for me. Ymmv of course. 

Sorry, one more follow-up, what finish?

I play a lot of around-the-green shots with the face laid open, and am really hating the sun glare from my satin Vokey’s.  Likely moving to black this time around, and of course once I go black...  😂

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Sorry, one more follow-up, what finish?

I play a lot of around-the-green shots with the face laid open, and am really hating the sun glare from my satin Vokey’s.  Likely moving to black this time around, and of course once I go black...  😂

... Raw finish. I have been playing raw wedges for over 20 years and could not imagine playing anything else in my LW's. 

I may or may not have spent the last hour looking at Launcher HB, Launchpad, and T-Rail sets on eBay. 

10 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I may or may not have spent the last hour looking at Launcher HB, Launchpad, and T-Rail sets on eBay. 

There is something oddly intriguing about the Launcpad i must say 😎

On 12/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep. It sets up nice and looks cool.  Like you, it’ll take something pretty, pretty, pretty good, to take my Vokeys out. 

I've been playing Callaway wedges for years. I just switched to the Vokey SM7's a few weeks ago. They are really good.

I have a 52F and a 58M and love them both. I mentioned in one of these threads that I'm noticing my 0211 gap wedge is playing short relative to loft (48*). I'm not getting the gapping I really want between it and the 52(even after bending it to 53) so I ordered a 54F last night through my pro shop. I had $200 left in pro shop credit from our Tuesday members league that I have to use up by years end, so I figured why not?

If the 54-58 setup works better, The 52F isn't going anywhere. I'll put it in my 2nd bag with the Rogue X irons. It will fit in perfectly behind that set's AW.

***Please check out my post below this one. I'd love your input*** 

Edited by Grand Stranded

Thinking about a ball change....

I have a question for any of you who know about ball fitting (if that's even a term?) Let me start by saying I've never been fit for a driver, and my G400 Max has the stock Alta in regular flex. 

I'm 66 years old, and my driver SS is about 90mph, 7 iron is my 140 club (playing at or below sea level). I've had two very good players tell me in the last week or so that I'm getting too much spin with my driver. I'm hitting it as good as I can right now, but even my centered shots seem to take off on what looks like a perfect trajectory, then seemingly drop straight down with little roll out.

My best drives seem to end up about 210-220, and I always felt that was about what I should be getting with my swing speed but I'm being told I should be getting more. Any advice on whether a ball change might help (I've played the Srixon Q Star the last two years) would be appreciated.

If it turns out it isn't something a new ball will fix, and that a shaft change is the answer, I'll just have to suck it up until the spring when the new Callaway and Ping drivers come out and THIS TIME I will get fitted for the best match of all the '21 drivers.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Here’s 2 charts that I found a while ago. My swing speed is around 80-82 and right now 200-215 seems to be normal. It’s work in progress at the moment.Image1607272606.941890.jpgImage1607272646.234472.jpg

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

58 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Here’s 2 charts that I found a while ago. My swing speed is around 80-82 and right now 200-215 seems to be normal. It’s work in progress at the moment.Image1607272606.941890.jpgImage1607272646.234472.jpg

Thanks Rick. Those numbers are really helpful. When I looked at the numbers for 90 mph swing speed it matched my yardages perfectly with every club EXCEPT the driver. I'm losing 15-20 yards somewhere... 

This chart seems to confirm something is going on, but now I'm starting to think it's the shaft, and maybe a new ball won't the answer? Or could it?

Edited by Grand Stranded

Thanks Rick. Those numbers are really helpful. When I looked at the numbers for 90 mph swing speed it matched my yardages perfectly with every club EXCEPT the driver. I'm losing 15-20 yards somewhere... 
This chart seems to confirm something is going on, but now I'm starting to think it's the shaft, and maybe a new ball won't the answer? Or could it?

If you’re missing 15-20 yards using a Q star, I’d start looking at a shaft fitting. Do you happen to know your launch data? Launch angle, and backspin and side spin numbers would help you know definitively if it’s your shaft. If all your other clubs are in the appropriate yardage windows I doubt you have a serious delivery/swing issue, and doubt that switching balls would close a 15 yard gap. But if you have a PGA tour superstore in your neck of the woods, they do free ball fittings.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

3 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Thinking about a ball change....

I have a question for any of you who know about ball fitting (if that's even a term?) Let me start by saying I've never been fit for a driver, and my G400 Max has the stock Alta in regular flex. 

I'm 66 years old, and my driver SS is about 90mph, 7 iron is my 140 club (playing at or below sea level). I've had two very good players tell me in the last week or so that I'm getting too much spin with my driver. I'm hitting it as good as I can right now, but even my centered shots seem to take off on what looks like a perfect trajectory, then seemingly drop straight down with little roll out.

My best drives seem to end up about 210-220, and I always felt that was about what I should be getting with my swing speed but I'm being told I should be getting more. Any advice on whether a ball change might help (I've played the Srixon Q Star the last two years) would be appreciated.

If it turns out it isn't something a new ball will fix, and that a shaft change is the answer, I'll just have to suck it up until the spring when the new Callaway and Ping drivers come out and THIS TIME I will get fitted for the best match of all the '21 drivers.

Your swing speed is about 5 mph faster than my average , i csn get 88-90 on occasion but for the most part im living in the 84-85 neighborhood.   Side note, I was at 90 2 years ago and hadn’t realized i dripped that much until my Titleist Thursday fitting. 

Your description of yours drives is exactly what my drives were doing with my TS1 and Fubuki Sr shaft.  It was a high spin head.  I believe the Max is in the same category high spin, designed to help get the ball in the air. 

Obviously a fitting is the best way to go, to see exactly what is happening in your swing, delivery at impact and ball flight. 

You mention balls.  You might want to try a sleeve of the AVX.  It is the lowest spinning of Titleist’s premium line.  

Good luck, i am getting a few less yards than you out of the driver.  So I know what it feels like to think there has to be a few more yards out there.