Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

Most likely going to add a new grip on my putter. I’ve changed my thought process for my gear this year and decided to put off a new driver purchase (for now).
I have been wanting to add an oversized grip to my Odyssey White Hot RX V-Line Fang 35" for a while. The stock grip just feels way to small. A quick way to burn through some gift cards to DSG.

Thinking of going with Super Stroke Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 Putter Grip.

Anyone have any feedback on making the change or experience with these grips?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

4 minutes ago, Ronoc said:

Most likely going to add a new grip on my putter. I’ve changed my thought process for my gear this year and decided to put off a new driver purchase (for now).
I have been wanting to add an oversized grip to my Odyssey White Hot RX V-Line Fang 35" for a while. The stock grip just feels way to small. A quick way to burn through some gift cards to DSG.

Thinking of going with Super Stroke Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 Putter Grip.

Anyone have any feedback on making the change or experience with these grips?

I am gaming the stock grip on my EVNROLL ER7, but prior to that I used the Traxion Pistol 1.0 and loved it, very good grip, at least it was for me anyway.

In general the rule of thumb is there is a trade-off as you start to increase putter grip size.  With a larger grip you generally tend to gain stability and the potential to quiet down your stroke if you have too much wrist action.  But, some say (most notably Dave Stockton, and I tend to agree) that as the grip gets thicker your overall feel diminishes.  Not sure that's quantifiable or has ever actually been measured though.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Made my dream combo set on Srixon's website...good thing i have irons already 😛 ZX4 4I, 5-7 ZX5, 8-AW ZX7. I can dream

image.png.13f64ce6cf176b5c01402f3eeae33b62.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I need a new driver.....oh and hybrids

Oh.....and irons

And wedges........heck I need a new bag too!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

My wife and I were heading to the course Sunday when the conversation turned to her wanting a tablet she can take outside and draw on. My hobby is golf, hers is drawing and she's really, really good. So she brought up she'd like to get an iPad. Of course I jumped all over that for completely altruistic reasons without any ulterior motives *cough* launch monitor *cough*. 

I've been thinking about both the Mevo and the Rapid and it just so happens they only run on Apple. Not that I'd do something like that. 😜

It's time to replace my wedges. I have an old CG15 56* that I hit very well, and a RTX 3 60* that I use for partial shots, around the green, and bunkers. So the question is when spending upwards of $400 on wedges do I go with custom Tour Rack raw ZipCore (because I know what I'm getting with Cleveland) or go outside the box and experiment with an Edison 55 & 59? Just a lot of money to experiment with...

Edited by jroot327

image.png.258d22fcc4d0d25f5fdb8eea25fcd23f.png B21 9.5* w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

:ping-small: G410 SFT 16* 3-wood w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

image.png.de7870be9e5ebe2ff26fab3151edb989.png Stealth DHY 2i w/ Aldila Ascent Black Stiff

:srixon-small: z585 4-AW w/ Modus3 120x

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56.12 & 60.10 w/ Modus3 125w

image.png.a2a25073d1a41c5de1690a6254814da3.png Super Select Newport Plus -or- :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1WS w/ Stroke Lab 

image.png.d2e91492049dce3981a9fad088921b12.png ProV1

Putters. Anyone else get “squirrel!!” with putters? 🐿 Too many choices. I’m currently perusing the Bettinardi website looking at the new Studio Stock lineup. Last week it was the new Phantom offerings from Scotty Cameron. Before that it was the Odyssey Ten lineup. I don’t necessarily “need” a new putter. 🤪

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

7 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I don’t necessarily “need” a new putter. 🤪

Unless we mistakenly or purposely damage a club, most of us ever "need" a new club.  🙂  

iu.jpeg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

My wife and I were heading to the course Sunday when the conversation turned to her wanting a tablet she can take outside and draw on. My hobby is golf, hers is drawing and she's really, really good. So she brought up she'd like to get an iPad. Of course I jumped all over that for completely altruistic reasons without any ulterior motives *cough* launch monitor *cough*. 

I've been thinking about both the Mevo and the Rapid and it just so happens they only run on Apple. Not that I'd do something like that. 😜

I see nothing wrong with this line of thinking... Seems totally legit.  but you know... tablets can be expensive with all the accessories.  If you play your cards right a used SkyTrak might be on the table. 🤔

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

9 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I see nothing wrong with this line of thinking... Seems totally legit.  but you know... tablets can be expensive with all the accessories.  If you play your cards right a used SkyTrak might be on the table. 🤔

You are a brilliant man! There's definitely going be a case and the iPencil bought for my wife. Gotta keep it safe and she can't draw with her fingers. 

48 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

You are a brilliant man! There's definitely going be a case and the iPencil bought for my wife. Gotta keep it safe and she can't draw with her fingers. 

Well I'm sure she will be using at least one finger when she sees a Sky Trak show up.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I’m thinking about Ping G425Max Fairway Metals and Hybrids. Just ordered the driver and I am lusting deep in my heart for a 3w, 7w, 4h.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

4 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

I’m thinking about Ping G425Max Fairway Metals and Hybrids. Just ordered the driver and I am lusting deep in my heart for a 3w, 7w, 4h.

Well, you do have a birthday coming up!!  😉

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Putter well on my Bag Boy Revolver XP bag already came apart. Want to see what they will offer me as part of the warranty. If they force me to send it back in for repair, going to just glue it back on. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Well, you do have a birthday coming up!!  

The problem is that I can’t wait for my birthday. I have a golf trip the first week of May. Birthday is the second week.

I’m considering selling my JPX919 Hot Metal Pros on SteelFiber i95 S and using the money for they G425’s. With the knee issues, surgery was successful but arthritis and ACL damage means I don’t and won’t need this much shaft. I bought some NS Pro 750gh Wrap Techs in R Flex and was considering swapping the SteelFibers, but then I hit the G425’s FM’s and hybrids. I need these in my life.

Last week, I gamed my Hogan Ft Worth 15’s and shot a 78. 15 strokes better than I have since the injury. So much for forgiveness being important.

I just stole, I mean got a really good deal, on a near new Hogan UI HI 5 iron and am reshafting the 6-9 Ft Worth 15’s and the UI HI 5 with Nippons now. Haven’t hit the UI HI yet and may go with the Ping 5H. The flat setting on the Pings really suit me well.

So Ping at the top, Hogans in the middle, 5 or 6-9 and SM8’s 46-50-54-60 at the bottom.

I’ll game this set up this weekend except Taylormade M5 driver M6 3 wood and SLDR 3H&4H at the top. Basically what I used to shoot 78 except S flex shafts and a blade 5 iron. Shafts were a detriment (along with the knee). I was tired and finished bogey-bogey-double for the 78.

I was incredibly lucky on 4 shots that round also. Hit a tree and instead of behind the restroom I was on the fringe, hazard stake kep me from going in the water, hit a rake in the bunker and ended up putting, and a sprinkler head turned the ball from the fairway bunker to the fairway. Won my match 5&4 then crashed. Did not come close to that this week.

The crazy thing about the Ft Worth 15’s is the 7, 8 and 9 irons around the greens are simply magical for me. I almost always chip to tap in range and often chip in. This more than makes up for poor full strikes. My misses are swing path more than strike with these.

I threatened to do this years ago, precision at the lower half of the bag and forgiveness at the top.

I may replace the 6 iron with a Hogan more forgiving option.

It's time to replace my wedges. I have an old CG15 56* that I hit very well, and a RTX 3 60* that I use for partial shots, around the green, and bunkers. So the question is when spending upwards of $400 on wedges do I go with custom Tour Rack raw ZipCore (because I know what I'm getting with Cleveland) or go outside the box and experiment with an Edison 55 & 59? Just a lot of money to experiment with...

I reviewed the 58* Zipcore last year. I now have the 50* & 54* Zipcore as well. Took a bit of getting us3d to the heavier shaft as my previous wedges had Recoils but I worked through the weight issues and have been good to go. I highly recommend the Zipcores.

PXG 0211 w/Project X Evenflo Riptide Regular shaft; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

9 hours ago, RoverRick said:

The problem is that I can’t wait for my birthday. I have a golf trip the first week of May. Birthday is the second week.

I’m considering selling my JPX919 Hot Metal Pros on SteelFiber i95 S and using the money for they G425’s. With the knee issues, surgery was successful but arthritis and ACL damage means I don’t and won’t need this much shaft. I bought some NS Pro 750gh Wrap Techs in R Flex and was considering swapping the SteelFibers, but then I hit the G425’s FM’s and hybrids. I need these in my life.

Last week, I gamed my Hogan Ft Worth 15’s and shot a 78. 15 strokes better than I have since the injury. So much for forgiveness being important.

I just stole, I mean got a really good deal, on a near new Hogan UI HI 5 iron and am reshafting the 6-9 Ft Worth 15’s and the UI HI 5 with Nippons now. Haven’t hit the UI HI yet and may go with the Ping 5H. The flat setting on the Pings really suit me well.

So Ping at the top, Hogans in the middle, 5 or 6-9 and SM8’s 46-50-54-60 at the bottom.

I’ll game this set up this weekend except Taylormade M5 driver M6 3 wood and SLDR 3H&4H at the top. Basically what I used to shoot 78 except S flex shafts and a blade 5 iron. Shafts were a detriment (along with the knee). I was tired and finished bogey-bogey-double for the 78.

I was incredibly lucky on 4 shots that round also. Hit a tree and instead of behind the restroom I was on the fringe, hazard stake kep me from going in the water, hit a rake in the bunker and ended up putting, and a sprinkler head turned the ball from the fairway bunker to the fairway. Won my match 5&4 then crashed. Did not come close to that this week.

The crazy thing about the Ft Worth 15’s is the 7, 8 and 9 irons around the greens are simply magical for me. I almost always chip to tap in range and often chip in. This more than makes up for poor full strikes. My misses are swing path more than strike with these.

I threatened to do this years ago, precision at the lower half of the bag and forgiveness at the top.

I may replace the 6 iron with a Hogan more forgiving option.

You know. it's OK to get your birthday present early!  Sounds like you have got the setup where you want it.

We have the same birthday, but I'm older!  🤣  I'm looking at new drivers, but I haven't decided on one yet.  That will probably happen before the end of April.  My problem is that I'm lusting after a set of Mizuno irons.  😬  I think I have been a good boy this year, so...

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You know. it's OK to get your birthday present early!  Sounds like you have got the setup where you want it.

We have the same birthday, but I'm older!  🤣  I'm looking at new drivers, but I haven't decided on one yet.  That will probably happen before the end of April.  My problem is that I'm lusting after a set of Mizuno irons.  😬  I think I have been a good boy this year, so...

You should list over srixons

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

4 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

You should list over srixons

No.  I hit Srixons a few years ago, and they weren't for me.  Maybe that's changed, but at True Spec in Oct 2019 when I did a full bag fitting, I hit the Mizuno MP20 HMB fantastically; better dispersion, but they were a little shorter than my Bridgestones which were only a year old.  I thought that if I ever changed clubs, I would seriously consider the Mizunos.  I still don't need new irons, but I love the looks and the Recoil graphite shafts felt really good.  Interestingly, I hit other Mizuno models, and I didn't care for them either.

We have the same birthday, but I'm older!  🤣  I'm looking at new drivers, but I haven't decided on one yet.  That will probably happen before the end of April.  My problem is that I'm lusting after a set of Mizuno irons.    I think I have been a good boy this year, so...

Oh, you misunderstood. I’m getting new clubs, just not counting them as a birthday present. Probably getting myself a new truck for my birthday. I’ve been a very good boy this year. 🤣

Besides, 6 months of no golf saved me a lot of lost bets. 🤣 (Not really enough to pay the registration fees but logic does not have to enter in to the buying equation.)

I’ve been a Mizuno player since Callaway killed Hogan in 2004. I was Hogan before that. Nothing wrong with the HMP’s just doesn’t really fit into my game. Especially now. Thought I would give the “Distance Irons” a go, but they do not really improve my scores.

Well I'm sure she will be using at least one finger when she sees a Sky Trak show up.

Hmmm

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I kind of don't see her being like this.

Could be this:

SiN92.gif.b523aba0d2fe10a6988ff1fdb9a1f8ce.gif

or this:

a7d3c7fa390f300a93ae8008ffe7e704.gif.409ef5cec1625ef281fd2126d45d194e.gif

Note the facial expression and body language... neither up or down is good for you in this case.  😂

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Thinking about getting a 23* TS2 hybrid.

Im happy with my 5 iron right now, but I can get this new at a really good price. I already have the 19 & 21*, and with the high prices on new release equipment, I’m wondering if picking up a club I might not need right away makes sense.

Then again, I might end up liking it better than my 5 iron, or choose to use the hybrid under certain conditions and... who am I kidding? I don’t really need it, I want it, lol.

I think we all know how this movie is going to end. 😏

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

Thinking about getting a 23* TS2 hybrid.
Im happy with my 5 iron right now, but I can get this new at a really good price. I already have the 19 & 21*, and with the high prices on new release equipment, I’m wondering if picking up a club I might not need right away makes sense.
Then again, I might end up liking it better than my 5 iron, or choose to use the hybrid under certain conditions and... who am I kidding? I don’t really need it, I want it, lol.
I think we all know how this movie is going to end.

I love my 5 hybrid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

So I am finally at the point where I am truly curious about the benefits of getting fit for irons. I stopped into the local golf store yesterday afternoon and talked with one of the salespeople to see what I should expect from a fitting beyond what I have read on here and talking with other people who have been fitted. His answers made me curious enough that I swung back in today over the lunch hour and talked with the fitter. We discussed my current game, what I am looking for, and talked about the many options that are available withe different manufacturers. He convinced me that I should give it a shot and I am going in tomorrow afternoon for an iron and driver fitting. 😬

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I am thinking about potentially trashing golf club to satisfy my curiosity.

I have an old Taylormade Aeroburner 5 wood head laying around that has been skyed many times and is otherwise pretty well banged up. I decided I will not repair skymarks etc but strip it of paint so paint will not chip any more and hopefully I would be able to see any welds etc.

If it is from stainless steel - great, if it rusts - even better. I can polish it to high gloss finish or I can bang it up and scuff it some more. Perhaps I can even lightly ding it and age-it like: 

2019 ITOBORI NC Coputer Color Golf Wedge Club Head Driver Wood Iron  Putter|Golf Clubs| - AliExpress

Pretty stupid idea but I am stoked to see where curiosity takes me.

:ping-small:  G425 MAX, 10,5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 60S

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 10,5°, Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS, 60S

:taylormade-small: The Original One Mini Driver, 13,5°,  Fujikura Ventus Red 70S

:ping-small: G425 MAX 5 wood, 7 wood, Tensei AV Orange 75R

:srixon-small: Z U65 4, Z565 5-6, Z765 7-8 , Z965 9-PW, Project X 5.5,

:ping-small: Glide 4.0, 52°, Z-115, 58°, Z-115

:EVNROLL: ER5, 34'', Gravity Grip

35 minutes ago, Calvo90 said:

Pretty stupid idea but I am stoked to see where curiosity takes me.

This is how all the best stuff happens lol

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

After 32 putts yesterday and a massive 35 putts today, I'm thinking about going armlock. Just could not keep the head of my FCG steady.  The only reason this is in thought vs purchase is I have no idea where to start in this armlock process lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

44 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

After 32 putts yesterday and a massive 35 putts today, I'm thinking about going armlock. Just could not keep the head of my FCG steady.  The only reason this is in thought vs purchase is I have no idea where to start in this armlock process lol

I had thought about going armlock as well, but this new putter grip i have that has a 100 gram at the very bottom of the grip is life changing. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4