TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

36 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Certainly think about your course and others you might play. I cannot imagine a follow cart at many courses I play as there are short cuts for walkers, bridges and the occasional sprinkler or French drain. If I played the same course that was relatively flat like a CC then maybe. I like having it in front of me for many reasons like sending it to the other side of the green or even the next tee box. 

If I get the follow cart, i will probably use a combo of both follow and remote. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

It would be having the Cobra 2020 Speedzone driver with a Aldila  Rogue light weight stock stiff shaft at 10° of loft, plus a set of Left Hand Cobra Forged Tech irons with Catalyst 80 regular flex shafts 1/4 + shaft length fitted, and 2 good wedges, a 54 and a 60 Callaway Md5, tour issue shafts, I would keep my old Pal Pro Balance Daiwa 8511 putter ( been reproduced in Japan with a gold finish same Goose neck shape under the name of Daiwa III but way to expensive) with a new same weight regrip, plus also a Titleist 19 degree hybrid, and a nice 2 iron. 

Srixon z star soft feel balls , a nice towel, a pair of brand new G,Fore white 10,1/2 size shoes. 

Edited by M.Duchesne

Listening to Adam young speak on consistency makes me thing I could make blades work....then I pinch myself and remember how I play 🤪

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Thinking about more trade shenanigans. Probably will trade in my old Mavrik Max irons + trade in bonus, get another Max LS for purposes of immediate reselling. And then use those proceeds to purchase whatever i actually get fit into. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Thinking about more trade shenanigans. Probably will trade in my old Mavrik Max irons + trade in bonus, get another Max LS for purposes of immediate reselling. And then use those proceeds to purchase whatever i actually get fit into. 

Are you saying your ZX5s will also be on the market soon then?

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

3 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Are you saying your ZX5s will also be on the market soon then?

I wasn't very clear. The "what I get fit into" comment was in regards to getting fit for a driver. Im all set on irons. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Right now in a "What Equipment are you thinking about?" thread the only answer for most of us is probably "Cobra stuff."  😂

With teams and Cobra staff possibly joining in, CC5 is going to be a good follow regardless of who gets selected.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Right now in a "What Equipment are you thinking about?" thread the only answer for most of us is probably "Cobra stuff."  😂

With teams and Cobra staff possibly joining in, CC5 is going to be a good follow regardless of who gets selected.

... Amen. Most have probably seen my review of the King Tour irons and some lucky MGS members will have a chance to get fit for a set. I just can't imagine a better opportunity than King Tours and a full bag of Cobra's! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

30 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Couldn't say it better myself. So much so i wish I could have had time to commit to CC5. 

My Reviews:

I can imagine the traffic on cobras site getting a boost the last few days and would be lying if I said I haven't gone on and built a dream set top to bottom. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Just now, Apolloshowl said:

I can imagine the traffic on cobras site getting a boost the last few days and would be lying if I said I haven't gone on and built a dream set top to bottom. 

totally. I also wish that we could partner up with other OEMs on something similar as well. How would @fixyurdivot handle a Ping or Srixon opportunity? Hell, this could be great to do with @GolfSub70 as well (in fact could be a whole bag since they make putters as well). We can all dream. I am very thankful that MGS even gets testing opportunities. 

My Reviews:

23 hours ago, chisag said:

... Certainly think about your course and others you might play. I cannot imagine a follow cart at many courses I play as there are short cuts for walkers, bridges and the occasional sprinkler or French drain. If I played the same course that was relatively flat like a CC then maybe. I like having it in front of me for many reasons like sending it to the other side of the green or even the next tee box. 

Your comments are so correct, I love sending my MGI on the other side of the green towards the next tee box, etc. With it being in front of you, it's easy to keep it out of the sprinkler heads or possible drain areas.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

2 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Your comments are so correct, I love sending my MGI on the other side of the green towards the next tee box, etc. With it being in front of you, it's easy to keep it out of the sprinkler heads or possible drain areas.

With the follow, you can use it on follow mode or use it on remote mode. I see myself using both follow mode and remote mode depending on the terrain. 

Updated 07/15/2022

On 4/18/2021 at 1:39 PM, blackngold_blood said:

After 32 putts yesterday and a massive 35 putts today, I'm thinking about going armlock. Just could not keep the head of my FCG steady.  The only reason this is in thought vs purchase is I have no idea where to start in this armlock process lol

Might be late on this, but you should look into the new EVNROLL Mid-Lock putters.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I'm thinking about how much longer it's going to take for my new Srixon irons to arrive.  I know I already have them listed in my signature, but I'm still waiting for all of them to arrive.  I've only received the 6-iron so far, and am supposed to be receiving another package tomorrow, but I don't know what's coming until I open the box.

• :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

New shoes for walking my rounds

Might I suggest True Linkswear...if you reach out to them they'll probably offer you a first responders discount.  The Knit II are my favorites, but the OG Feel, and other OGs are great too.  truelinkswear.com 

12 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Might be late on this, but you should look into the new EVNROLL Mid-Lock putters.

I have been looking at some reviews but a lighter/bigger grip (SS Pistol 2.0 Grim Reaper 54g measured vs SS Pistol 1.0PT 62g measured) made a big difference the last few times out. At least it made a difference in my confidence and stroke. Still gotta give myself some more makeable  opportunities. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

6 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Might I suggest True Linkswear...if you reach out to them they'll probably offer you a first responders discount.  The Knit II are my favorites, but the OG Feel, and other OGs are great too.  truelinkswear.com 

I’m not a huge fan of spikeless haven’t had great luck with how I shift my body weight from years of hockey

7 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I have been looking at some reviews but a lighter/bigger grip (SS Pistol 2.0 Grim Reaper 54g measured vs SS Pistol 1.0PT 62g measured) made a big difference the last few times out. At least it made a difference in my confidence and stroke. Still gotta give myself some more makeable  opportunities. 

Haha "makeable opportunities", I think you hit the nail on the head for pretty much for all of us with that one.

Just now, M. Parsons said:

Haha "makeable opportunities", I think you hit the nail on the head for pretty much for all of us with that one.

Yeah and the definition is different for all of us. 

I will say I have started basically every putt on my line(not always the right one) since the grip switch. I left a few inches short but I can deal with working on getting my speed right. As long as I’m hitting my intended line my confidence will continue to grow. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

I know this had been brought up in another post, but @GolfSpy Dave posted this on Twitter and has me chomping at the bit for that driver headcover. 

I think those would go pretty nice with my new bag. 

7E0B4DDD-CDA9-4BB2-802B-7C07FEE6EE64.jpeg.de4fc8fe477c2ab34bd9ffc585c6cce3.jpeg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I know this had been brought up in another post, but @GolfSpy Dave posted this on Twitter and has me chomping at the bit for that driver headcover. 

I’ve literally been checking the store every day

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm just sitting here wondering why they're not in a rush to take the money I'm willing to throw at them. 

Gotta go...going to refresh the store again.

Me too <refresh>

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

My wife is going to kill me, but think i might pickup a Stewart golf bag to go along with my electric caddie that is on pre-order, because it has an interlocking system to help stabilize the bag. She's not going to kill me because of price, but because I am taking up space in the garage with golf bags. I currently have in the garage: a Nike bag, a Sun Mountain carry bag, a Revolver XP bag (currently in use, but has a warranty claim for it), and a second Revolver XP bag that will be coming due to the warranty claim. I don't have to send the first one back, and the first one still works because i glued a piece back together. 

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

My wife is going to kill me, but think i might pickup a Stewart golf bag to go along with my electric caddie that is on pre-order, because it has an interlocking system to help stabilize the bag. She's not going to kill me because of price, but because I am taking up space in the garage with golf bags. I currently have in the garage: a Nike bag, a Sun Mountain carry bag, a Revolver XP bag (currently in use, but has a warranty claim for it), and a second Revolver XP bag that will be coming due to the warranty claim. I don't have to send the first one back, and the first one still works because i glued a piece back together. 

this might be a first for the forums, but i’m on your wife’s side here. i can’t stand clutter and that’s a lot of bags sitting there unused.

i’ve got just a couple of shafts and a putter i haven’t been able to sell and it drives me crazy every time i see them in the basement. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 minute ago, Chip Strokes said:

this might be a first for the forums, but i’m on your wife’s side here. i can’t stand clutter and that’s a lot of bags sitting there unused.

i’ve got just a couple of shafts and a putter i haven’t been able to sell and it drives me crazy every time i see them in the basement. 

I don't really like it either. Think i will donate the Nike bag, donate the Revolver XP bag that had an issue with the putter well, but i fixed, sell the Revolver XP bag that I get from the warranty claim, keep the Sun Mountain bag for travel, and then have the new cart bag that fits with the electric caddie. 

Updated 07/15/2022