Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

1 hour ago, ryno_wineo said:

2 words - Putter. Fitting.

I would but I enjoy wasting money and trying all sorts of things! Lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 hours ago, ryno_wineo said:

2 words - Putter. Fitting.

I'm not a super big fan of putter fittings. I have done a putter fitting on a Quintic and it was really cool to learn about my stroke. However, I find the putter fitting to be a very controlled environment. I.e. every putt from same distance, indoors, completely flat putting mat, mat is rectangular so you automatically square yourself up, etc. If its 5 putts in this environment, there is a chance I can make all 5 with a bullseye putter. I don't get a good sense of distance control from this type of environment. 

25 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I would but I enjoy wasting money and trying all sorts of things! Lol

That's what I'm talking about! However, I have finally settled in on the Two Ball Ten S Tour Lined. Will at least last through the summer 😂

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

I'm not a super big fan of putter fittings. I have done a putter fitting on a Quintic and it was really cool to learn about my stroke. However, I find the putter fitting to be a very controlled environment. I.e. every putt from same distance, indoors, completely flat putting mat, mat is rectangular so you automatically square yourself up, etc. If its 5 putts in this environment, there is a chance I can make all 5 with a bullseye putter. I don't get a good sense of distance control from this type of environment. 

removing variables so you can see what putter works best for your stroke is important.

this is like saying you got fit for irons but they don’t work well on downhill lies or in strong wind  

a fitter’s job isn’t to square your stance, read the line, or gauge the distance for you. it’s to find the putter that works best for your stroke to give you the best chance when you’re out on the course. 

once you’re out there, the rest is on you. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

27 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

That's what I'm talking about! However, I have finally settled in on the Two Ball Ten S Tour Lined. Will at least last through the summer 😂

I currently play the TM FCG slant with a stroke lab shaft but picked up an 11.5 from CG2 that I’m hoping will kick it out of the bag. I’m also eyeing the Cobra Stingray-40 putter with the SIK DLT face insert. Will likely pick one up when they become available and see which one wins! Hopefully the wife doesn’t notice the boxes showing up but I’m betting she still sees all!🤣

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

On 4/18/2021 at 3:39 PM, blackngold_blood said:

After 32 putts yesterday and a massive 35 putts today, I'm thinking about going armlock. Just could not keep the head of my FCG steady.  The only reason this is in thought vs purchase is I have no idea where to start in this armlock process lol

Find a flat straight putt and do some putts one handed.  You really have to concentrate on keeping the head steady and on line back and through the ball.  After about 20 putts go back two handed and see if it isn't much easier to keep the head steady and on line then.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I’m leaning towards a Bettinardi Studio Stock 28. I love the look of the 7 but that is face balanced and I have a slight arcing stroke. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

13 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Putter fitting because what feels normal to you could be the reason you’re missing putts. 

if you think you’re square, but are actually off 1° or more, you’re going to have a hard time making 3’+ putts; always missing on the same side. 

I was standing too way away from the ball and hands were too low/toe in air. I constantly missed the center of the clubface and often joked about not knowing what the sweet spot felt like because i rarely hit it. The fitter looked at my putting stroke, had me change a couple things with my stance/arm hang/where I gripped on the club. He also recommended a putting mirror to get used to being over the ball.  I bought one of the Eyeline putting mirrors and after a 15-ball putting practice before the round, my miss had shrunk from 6”-1’ misses too now burning edges from 10’+. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°, UST Lin-Q Purple 7F5 1” tipped

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Titanium Rocket 13.5°, UST Lin-Q Purple 7F5

2 Iron:  :callaway-small: X Forged UT 18°, Mitsubishi MMT UT 105 TX

4-PW:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB irons, DG Tour Issue x100 +1” 2° flat

Wedges:  :mizuno-small: T20, KBS Wedge shaft, 50°/54°/58°

Putter:  Toulon Atlanta, Stroke Lab Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1x Optic Yellow

Bag:  :Ogio: 2021 Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag

Shot Tracking:  :Arccos:

5 hours ago, ryno_wineo said:

Putter fitting because what feels normal to you could be the reason you’re missing putts. 

if you think you’re square, but are actually off 1° or more, you’re going to have a hard time making 3’+ putts; always missing on the same side. 

I was standing too way away from the ball and hands were too low/toe in air. I constantly missed the center of the clubface and often joked about not knowing what the sweet spot felt like because i rarely hit it. The fitter looked at my putting stroke, had me change a couple things with my stance/arm hang/where I gripped on the club. He also recommended a putting mirror to get used to being over the ball.  I bought one of the Eyeline putting mirrors and after a 15-ball putting practice before the round, my miss had shrunk from 6”-1’ misses too now burning edges from 10’+. 

I would all what you mentioned here in the second half of your statement as a putter lesson (though it was performed by a fitter). I have worked with a putting coach and have found that to be valuable. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Made my appointment for an Edel wedge fitting next week. I don't expect the wedges to instantly transform my wedge game, but I have also never been fit for wedges or really given any extended thought to what wedges I purchased in the past besides buying a "forgiving" wedge. I guess with my CBX wedges, I didn't have to think about bounce and grind, they only have one based on the loft you select. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Planning to get fitted for irons in a month or so. Preliminary reading has me looking at the JPX921 Hot Metals, G425s, Mavriks, and Apex DCBs but I am open to anything.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

1 minute ago, Hobert said:

Planning to get fitted for irons in a month or so. Preliminary reading has me looking at the JPX921 Hot Metals, G425s, Mavriks, and Apex DCBs but I am open to anything.

Welcome!

Based on those, I recommend combing through this to inform your selections:

2021 MOST WANTED GAME IMPROVEMENT IRON | MyGolfSpy

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

3 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Welcome!

Based on those, I recommend combing through this to inform your selections:

2021 MOST WANTED GAME IMPROVEMENT IRON | MyGolfSpy

Thank you! Researching potential iron options is how I landed on MGS. 🧐

Kirkland V3 

12 minutes ago, Hobert said:

The list you have is a great start.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

The list you have is a great start.  

If you have any suggestions for additions to the list, they would be much appreciated. 🍻

Kirkland V3 

2 minutes ago, Hobert said:

If you have any suggestions for additions to the list, they would be much appreciated. 🍻

I sure can’t add anything because I like the list where it is especially the Hot Metals and possibly the G710.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just now, Rickp said:

I sure can’t add anything because I like the list where it is especially the Hot Metals and possibly the G710.

Understood. The Pro/Fitter I am going to work with is a Mizuno and Ping fitter. I'll try the G710s as well and whatever else he recommends.  I hope the Hot Metals work best for me because I personally love their asthetics.

Kirkland V3 

4 hours ago, Hobert said:

My dad just got the DCBs, got to hit some balls with them last weekend and they felt really good.  Very long and accurate. 

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

22 minutes ago, poprocksncoke said:

My dad just got the DCBs, got to hit some balls with them last weekend and they felt really good.  Very long and accurate. 

Awesome! I'm itching to go demo the various options, but I don't want to waste my Pro/Fitter's time until I am closer to ready...

Kirkland V3 

6 hours ago, Hobert said:

I may be biased as a Cobra Connect Challenger, but you should look at the RadSpeeds 😉

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS