TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

3 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I looked there too as a suggestion but they are currently back ordered.....

Ahh!...good catch...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Golfworks has them for pretty fair price...also have the cord and blackout versions as well

https://www.golfworks.com/ping-jas-pp58-putter-grip/p/pg30402p/

Thanks, They seem to be back ordered everywhere I looked so far.  Strange.

None in any shops this part of FL.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Sub 70 Pro Fairway wood demo on its way. They had one dropped-off by a KFT player that has an X-stiff KBS 70g graphite shaft in it so I said I’d try it. Curious to see what happens!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I’m thinking about a 5h. Why, I have no idea. Don’t get along with ‘em. But I almost never use my 5i and there’s at least 2 holes on my usual course where that club would be useful off the tee. If I can hit it off the turf it would be even better. Something like a Cobra with rails, or maybe a larger headed hybrid since I get along so well with my Heavenwood. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Just now, russtopherb said:

I’m thinking about a 5h. Why, I have no idea. Don’t get along with ‘em. But I almost never use my 5i and there’s at least 2 holes on my usual course where that club would be useful off the tee. If I can hit it off the turf it would be even better. Something like a Cobra with rails, or maybe a larger headed hybrid since I get along so well with my Heavenwood. 

... You are not alone. The low end of the bag is such a dilemma for so many, myself included. Things were a little more straight forward back in Chicago playing my 2 main courses 80% of the time, but here in Phoenix and playing a variety of courses it is always rubrics cube trying to predict which club will fit best on any given day. My 3 won is settled with the Sim2 15* 3 wood so that is great news for me. But after that it is a smorgasbord with:

1. My favorite cub, 19* DHY that is exemplary from every lie other than medium to thick rough and LOVE hitting it off the tee
2. 21.5* RBZ Tour that travels the same distance as my DHY but with a higher trajectory and money from the rough or fairway bunker
3. 17* Super Hybrid that is just silly long and a staple in Chicago but rarely finds my bag in Phoenix
4. 18.5* Coba SZ set to 17.5* that launches higher than the SH and perfect for 2nd shots into reachable par 5's 
5. 18* TP UDi 2 iron that launches lower than the DHY making it a great wind club but useless from the rough or fairway bunker
6. 18.5* Cobra F6 Baffler with a hybrid length shaft that is the best trouble club I have ever owned producing almost normal shots from bad lies, but again a very high trajectory and not used from the fairway or tee
7. 23* TP UDi #4 that I put in the bag when playing my Z Forged MB's as the Srixon 4 iron is really a butter knife and the 23* TP gives me more options as well as being much more forgiving

... I have 2 of the above in the bag on any given day and choosing which one based on course and wind conditions is always something I would probably have just as much success anticipating as deciding by paper/rock/scissors 🤪  It just seems like the wind isn't as predicted, the course has more bad lies than anticipated, they over watered or didn't water fairway and poor tee shot/great tee shot leaves me with the wrong choice. But hey, this is what makes the game fun for us tinkerers right? 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Wife told me to buy a new set of irons… I have no idea what I’m going to get.

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... You are not alone. The low end of the bag is such a dilemma for so many, myself included. Things were a little more straight forward back in Chicago playing my 2 main courses 80% of the time, but here in Phoenix and playing a variety of courses it is always rubrics cube trying to predict which club will fit best on any given day. My 3 won is settled with the Sim2 15* 3 wood so that is great news for me. But after that it is a smorgasbord with:

1. My favorite cub, 19* DHY that is exemplary from every lie other than medium to thick rough and LOVE hitting it off the tee
2. 21.5* RBZ Tour that travels the same distance as my DHY but with a higher trajectory and money from the rough or fairway bunker
3. 17* Super Hybrid that is just silly long and a staple in Chicago but rarely finds my bag in Phoenix
4. 18.5* Coba SZ set to 17.5* that launches higher than the SH and perfect for 2nd shots into reachable par 5's 
5. 18* TP UDi 2 iron that launches lower than the DHY making it a great wind club but useless from the rough or fairway bunker
6. 18.5* Cobra F6 Baffler with a hybrid length shaft that is the best trouble club I have ever owned producing almost normal shots from bad lies, but again a very high trajectory and not used from the fairway or tee
7. 23* TP UDi #4 that I put in the bag when playing my Z Forged MB's as the Srixon 4 iron is really a butter knife and the 23* TP gives me more options as well as being much more forgiving

... I have 2 of the above in the bag on any given day and choosing which one based on course and wind conditions is always something I would probably have just as much success anticipating as deciding by paper/rock/scissors 🤪  It just seems like the wind isn't as predicted, the course has more bad lies than anticipated, they over watered or didn't water fairway and poor tee shot/great tee shot leaves me with the wrong choice. But hey, this is what makes the game fun for us tinkerers right? 

Like you and russtopherb I have a “gap” between Driver & 5 iron.  I add-subtract clubs every time I play depending on which course.  Right now 5h & 7w seem to be in the bag a lot.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

26 minutes ago, PMookie said:

My Super Hybrid said her goodbyes Friday, but came with me to the course one last time yesterday to turn-in her keys. Well…………. She did something she never did before, so now I’m not sure she needs to go, just yet. She actually listened to me for the first time, and it was magical. Could this be the change we needed, or is it a last ditch effort for me to keep her around? Man, I don’t know…. So hard saying goodbye. Maybe ONE more chance. I let her keep the keys….

So I noticed when I first got it  I was mad I even bought it but now it’s money. Sounds like you are just getting to that stage now. Hold that tiny dancer and let it take you to the promise land. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

54 minutes ago, myherobobhope said:

A) how’d you get her to say that?

B) what sub70 set you getting now?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

19 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

So I noticed when I first got it  I was mad I even bought it but now it’s money. Sounds like you are just getting to that stage now. Hold that tiny dancer and let it take you to the promise land. 

I think it needs the same shaft, just an X, and I think it needs more head weight. My driver is very heavy, and so are my irons, so I think the weight and stiffness are throwing me off. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, myherobobhope said:

I went to my local golf shop & tried 5-6  different irons out. You are going to want to do the same thing. In my mind i was set on the Callaway irons. After trying out just about everything they had there I found for the Wilson Staff D7 worked best. I was able to have a constant clean shot with this club. I kept going back to the other clubs because of there brand name but the Wilson fit me & my swing the best.  So all I’m saying is if you have a golf shop with the ability of letting you swing in a simulator do it.   On a second note when I was trying out these clubs I was not intending on buying anything but my golf partner said “we are not leaving here without these clubs”. Yeah she didn’t know………Jump on the chance of new clubs!!!

TS2 driver

Topflight 3wood

TS2 5 wood

Wilson Staff D7 5-GW

Tour model sw

amazon 60 degree

wilson staff infinite Michigan ave putter

2 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

A) how’d you get her to say that?

B) what sub70 set you getting now?

A. So I convinced her I needed a new grill… she had no idea how much I was spending and got $3,000 in her head… I told her the grill I want is $600 (chargriller 980 gravity fed smoker)… somehow the price difference got allocated to new clubs for me… 

B. I have an email into them, but might go OEM. I want something between the 639 cb and the 699 in terms of forgiveness and “work ability” but I’m thinking about getting the 699 in the 5 & 6, 7,8,9 in the CB and PW and GW in some sort of blade… this would keep things reasonable cost wise… 

I’ve gamed basically 2 irons in my life, the Taylor made burners and the cmbs I’ve had for a little over a year. Neither have been built to my exact specs…

Sub70 would let me get a set built the way I want from a company I like for a reasonable price… the copper cobra MIM tech irons look amazing and will cost twice as much.

Sub70 5i - DG S400

the whole top of my bag has me thinking lately. 

i go driver, 3w, 2i. problem is, my 3w carries close to 300y and except as a shorter tee club, i almost never find myself 280+ yds out on my second shot. then the 2i is good for about 250. 

im wondering if i went driver, strong 5w, 7w at the top if i’d not only have clubs that are easier to hit, but also more useful clubs at the top of the bag 

it might be time to go hit a few

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

16 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i go driver, 3w, 2i. problem is, my 3w carries close to 300y and except as a shorter tee club, i almost never find myself 280+ yds out on my second shot. then the 2i is good for about 250. 

im wondering if i went driver, strong 5w, 7w at the top if i’d not only have clubs that are easier to hit, but also more useful clubs at the top of the bag 

How often do you have 250 in to a green? My goal for my 3 wood is a secondary tee club for when I run out of fairway… then I have hybrid and 4 utility for a variety of recovery shots and they cover 230 and 220 for me… I’m shorter than you and rarely have that into greens (outside of 5s). 

if you are hitting the ball that far, the other clubs at the top should probably just support other tee shots and recovery options… they won’t be used into greens that often.

Sub70 5i - DG S400

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

My Super Hybrid said her goodbyes Friday, but came with me to the course one last time yesterday to turn-in her keys. Well…………. She did something she never did before, so now I’m not sure she needs to go, just yet. She actually listened to me for the first time, and it was magical. Could this be the change we needed, or is it a last ditch effort for me to keep her around? Man, I don’t know…. So hard saying goodbye. Maybe ONE more chance. I let her keep the keys….

MJ Popcorn Memes - I'm Just Here For Comments

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

30 minutes ago, myherobobhope said:

How often do you have 250 in to a green? My goal for my 3 wood is a secondary tee club for when I run out of fairway… then I have hybrid and 4 utility for a variety of recovery shots and they cover 230 and 220 for me… I’m shorter than you and rarely have that into greens (outside of 5s). 

if you are hitting the ball that far, the other clubs at the top should probably just support other tee shots and recovery options… they won’t be used into greens that often.

not terribly often, maybe on a few really long par 5s, so i see your point there. 

i guess i’m also exploring more forgiving options than my 2i. having two options for a 250 club that i could swap out based on conditions would be nice. a 5w would probably be better out of the rough too.

kinda seems like i’m just kicking ideas around and convincing myself of a need for an new club. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

5 wood is the best club over bought. 

250 stops on greens no problem. Weapon off the tee at 270 and just heavenly in general. 

"C'mon be good"

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

not terribly often, maybe on a few really long par 5s, so i see your point there. 

i guess i’m also exploring more forgiving options than my 2i. having two options for a 250 club that i could swap out based on conditions would be nice. a 5w would probably be better out of the rough too.

kinda seems like i’m just kicking ideas around and convincing myself of a need for an new club. 

I've changed the way I think about how I fill my bag with clubs, and I think it's for the better... I have a huge advantage in that the majority of my rounds are at my home course, so I can build a set around that... I'm also long enough that the top of my bag can focus on utility over distance gapping.

210-120 is basically covered by my 5-GW... it needs some work on gapping, but I'm working on that... My home course 220 or more into a par 5 is ugly... While I can hit my hybrid 230 into it, at that range, I'm OK with being around the green... My 4 utility goes around 220... The hybrid see a lot of use on the narrow holes on my course, and the 4 utility is used to punch out of the trees more than it is to hit balls onto a green... 

The 3 wood spot is a mess right now... Ideally, it would be something that I can hit off the deck or carry 250-260 off the tee.. I'm gaming an old Adams, but looking to replace it... ideally, I'll find something that is forgiving and lowers my dispersion... this will be a secondary tee club as I have a couple spots where my driver runs through the fairway. 

I guess my overall point is, above 200 yards for amateurs we are going to have enough spread that it's not worth chasing perfect gapping... at that point it's better to focus on finding utility for each of the clubs and have them play a number of different roles instead of just "well that's my 250 club"... I honestly didn't know my 4 utility distance that well until this week when I got it on the simulator... I knew approximately... but I just don't hit it full that often at a green... it has other uses (tee club into the wind and recovery shots)

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Have the itch to try the new Callaway drivers, but am torn on whether I want to do a whole fitting or just snag an Epic Max LS and give it a go with the AutoFlex or Rogue White.

Looking at $80 to do a fitting with stock shafts plus a few of the other available in the cart at my local shop, or like $150 to do a fitting at Club Champion. $150 is a third of the way to paying for the driver if I get it used.

Not sure what a fitting is really going to tell me. Need something low-ish spin and low-mid launch. Prefer a slight draw bias. I like the Rogue White a lot and could just plug that into the Epic Max LS and hope for the best.

Partial to Callaway because of the Optifit hosel. Having the shaft graphics out of alignment drives me batty. Like my Mavrik a lot (more than the Cobra SpeedZone it replaced), but am wanting something that can offer similar forgiveness with just a bit less spin and the sliding weight.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

55 minutes ago, edingc said:

Have the itch to try the new Callaway drivers, but am torn on whether I want to do a whole fitting or just snag an Epic Max LS and give it a go with the AutoFlex or Rogue White.

Looking at $80 to do a fitting with stock shafts plus a few of the other available in the cart at my local shop, or like $150 to do a fitting at Club Champion. $150 is a third of the way to paying for the driver if I get it used.

Not sure what a fitting is really going to tell me. Need something low-ish spin and low-mid launch. Prefer a slight draw bias. I like the Rogue White a lot and could just plug that into the Epic Max LS and hope for the best.

Partial to Callaway because of the Optifit hosel. Having the shaft graphics out of alignment drives me batty. Like my Mavrik a lot (more than the Cobra SpeedZone it replaced), but am wanting something that can offer similar forgiveness with just a bit less spin and the sliding weight.

... Always a conundrum. I love just buying clubs I am very interested in when they are a bargain and then selling if they don't work for me. Just all part of the fun. OTOH my last full bag fitting demonstrated I was ill fit for my driver. Like most, I was chasing lower spin but it turned out my performance was better with more spin. In my fitting my longest drives were with my Cobra Xtreme but it also produced all my shortest drives and it was not as accurate as the Sim Max. 1900 spin with the Xtreme and 2300 with the Sim Max and I consistently carried it a good 5-10 yds farther but mot importantly it was much straighter. I was concerned with how range balls effected performance so my fitter busted out a brand new box of TP5x balls and let me hit 2 each with both drivers and thankfully the difference was even more apparent. 

... I had been playing the Xtreme for awhile and thought it suited me well but there was an obvious difference in my fitting. I lost the ability to hit that long bomb that happens when everything comes together perfectly but my average drives are both farther and straighter with the Sim2 Max. Good luck either way you decide to go!

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

21 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Always a conundrum. I love just buying clubs I am very interested in when they are a bargain and then selling if they don't work for me. Just all part of the fun. OTOH my last full bag fitting demonstrated I was ill fit for my driver. Like most, I was chasing lower spin but it turned out my performance was better with more spin. In my fitting my longest drives were with my Cobra Xtreme but it also produced all my shortest drives and it was not as accurate as the Sim Max. 1900 spin with the Xtreme and 2300 with the Sim Max and I consistently carried it a good 5-10 yds farther but mot importantly it was much straighter. I was concerned with how range balls effected performance so my fitter busted out a brand new box of TP5x balls and let me hit 2 each with both drivers and thankfully the difference was even more apparent. 

... I had been playing the Xtreme for awhile and thought it suited me well but there was an obvious difference in my fitting. I lost the ability to hit that long bomb that happens when everything comes together perfectly but my average drives are both farther and straighter. Good luck either way you decide to go!

I’ve always chased low spin and finally just moved to chasing better angle of attack… I’m hitting some low spin bombs with good swings and my misses stay on the planet… 

Sub70 5i - DG S400

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I had been playing the Xtreme for awhile and thought it suited me well but there was an obvious difference in my fitting. I lost the ability to hit that long bomb that happens when everything comes together perfectly but my average drives are both farther and straighter with the Sim2 Max. Good luck either way you decide to go!

1 hour ago, myherobobhope said:

I’ve always chased low spin and finally just moved to chasing better angle of attack… I’m hitting some low spin bombs with good swings and my misses stay on the planet… 

Yeah, realistically I'm just itching to try something new, and the supply of gently used current year models is starting to increase. 

I'm working on AoA as well, now that I have a Mevo+ and access to that. On my best swings I can get upwards of +3 degrees, but I'm normally between 0-+2 on my normal swing.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

57 minutes ago, edingc said:

I'm working on AoA as well, now that I have a Mevo+ and access to that. On my best swings I can get upwards of +3 degrees, but I'm normally between 0-+2 on my normal swing.

If you have a Maverick, why not see if you can’t lower your spin with better AoA before you buy a new one…?  I’m assuming it’s a sub zero…. Assume you’ve already moved the weights to reduce spin?

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

1 hour ago, edingc said:

What are you trying to gain by gaining more AOA? The problem witb getting more AoA is coming too far from the inside which is going to lead to the possibilities of two way miss. Big hooks and big blocks?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, edingc said:

I can say in my limited experience with the Epic Max LS it does spin less and knocks down the launch some for me with the more forward CG. Though I am coming from a SZ Extreme so the CG is further back than the Maverick I would suspect. It also sounds and feels great. Also as you know with the sliding weight easy to make it a bit draw biased. Though I also noticed the Lie of the Callaway drivers goes down a degree with each option Epic Max at 59, Speed at 58, and Max LS at 57, subject to manufacturing and how you have the adapter. I like to keep it that flat and then weight to the heel to promote the slight push draw. Still plenty of testing to go, but overall I am impressed so far.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 hours ago, edingc said:

Yeah, realistically I'm just itching to try something new, and the supply of gently used current year models is starting to increase. 

I haven’t been paying attention to used prices… are they starting to come back down?

Sub70 5i - DG S400

2 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

If you have a Maverick, why not see if you can’t lower your spin with better AoA before you buy a new one…?  I’m assuming it’s a sub zero…. Assume you’ve already moved the weights to reduce spin?

Standard Mavrik. Also was interested in the Max LS to pair with the AutoFlex, which tends to do pretty well with lower spinning, lower launching head designs.

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What are you trying to gain by gaining more AOA? The problem witb getting more AoA is coming too far from the inside which is going to lead to the possibilities of two way miss. Big hooks and big blocks?

Phrasing wasn't spectacular there. I would like to get to 1-2 up consistently. Last summer I was closer to 4 down at my worst when I was fit for #CobraConnect.

52 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I can say in my limited experience with the Epic Max LS it does spin less and knocks down the launch some for me with the more forward CG. Though I am coming from a SZ Extreme so the CG is further back than the Maverick I would suspect. It also sounds and feels great. Also as you know with the sliding weight easy to make it a bit draw biased. Though I also noticed the Lie of the Callaway drivers goes down a degree with each option Epic Max at 59, Speed at 58, and Max LS at 57, subject to manufacturing and how you have the adapter. I like to keep it that flat and then weight to the heel to promote the slight push draw. Still plenty of testing to go, but overall I am impressed so far.

Liking the sound of it. I did end up pulling the trigger on one!

31 minutes ago, myherobobhope said:

I haven’t been paying attention to used prices… are they starting to come back down?

I managed to snag a pretty good one for $345 this afternoon.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

8 minutes ago, edingc said:

Phrasing wasn't spectacular there. I would like to get to 1-2 up consistently. Last summer I was closer to 4 down at my worst when I was fit for #CobraConnect.

Ok. Even so 0 to +2 is pretty consistent. This type of variation is going to happen for most golfers.

Improving smash and contact point should have more impact on seeing you optimal ball flight and making your ball flight more predictable. This means you have better face control 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1