What equipment are you thinking about?

null

I some how have thoughts of fairway woods despite my super hybrid happiness

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Next question is how did you build the feels for how far to take back the putter for a particular length and how do you determine how to adjust for uphill and downhill putts.   Apply that same approach to your wedge shots. 

... I understand the concept and my old playing partner in Chicago would step off every putt and chip and use the clock method, but he previously really struggled with both so the clock method helped him. 

... I am a pure feel player and really would be at a loss with that kind of technique. Sooooooooo many factors involved starting with your body is different every day. One day a 10 oclock putt might go 40 feet on a dead level surface and the next 43 or maybe 37 feet. How much sleep you had, why you ate, personal problems/success all play into your stroke every day and adjusting is always the key to success. Some days putts just seem to come up short and other you are rolling it past the pin so adjusting your feel for the day is crucial. And this doesn't even take into account the grain, the temperature, the wind, the slope, the green speed and as you said up/downhill.

... That said, I know some are very successful using this clock type method. 👍  But for me every putt/chip is determined by feel taking all of the above into account. I would be completely lost tied to making my stroke a specific length for a specific distance. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I understand the concept and my old playing partner in Chicago would step off every putt and chip and use the clock method, but he previously really struggled with both so the clock method helped him. 

... I am a pure feel player and really would be at a loss with that kind of technique. Sooooooooo many factors involved starting with your body is different every day. One day a 10 oclock putt might go 40 feet on a dead level surface and the next 43 or maybe 37 feet. How much sleep you had, why you ate, personal problems/success all play into your stroke every day and adjusting is always the key to success. Some days putts just seem to come up short and other you are rolling it past the pin so adjusting your feel for the day is crucial. And this doesn't even take into account the grain, the temperature, the wind, the slope, the green speed and as you said up/downhill.

... That said, I know some are very successful using this clock type method. 👍  But for me every putt/chip is determined by feel taking all of the above into account. I would be completely lost tied to making my stroke a specific length for a specific distance. 

I am the step off the distance kind of player and I use a feel/clock type system.  I practice with the clock but when playing it is feel.    I understand the feel concept, but have absolutely know idea on how you would actually use it exclusively. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I am the step off the distance kind of player and I use a feel/clock type system.  I practice with the clock but when playing it is feel.    I understand the feel concept, but have absolutely know idea on how you would actually use it exclusively. 

... LOL I get it, we all process things differently. Think of it this way. At the range pick a few targets say 15 feet, 20 feet, 24 feet and 30 feet all in different directions. If I gave you some range balls and said to throw them underhanded and land on each target you would most likely use all feel. The brain is an amazing and complex mechanism and if you give it simple info, there are very few limits to what it can accomplish. How many times have you dropped a ball on a practice green before starting your round to warm up, glanced at that first 40 footer just to warm up and then hit it close, maybe even make it. I think the brain gets signals like "OK, they want me to hit it 20 feet but seem much more concerned with rolling it overTHAT spot, so let's forget the 20 feet thing and really hit THAT spot!" Obviously speed and line are both crucially important and as we know, the brain cannot concentrate on 2 things at once. It can rapidly go back and forth between 2 but not focus 100% on them. But if you give the brain the instructions "make the ball go in that hole" it will concentrate on that one thing, calculating what is needed. 

... I am a firm believer in that is exactly how most should putt. Just look at the putt letting the line and speed sink in to your brain and without actively thinking, let your brain guide your stroke. I know it is very Zen like but similar to walking down a rocky path where you let you brain see where to step while looking ahead at your next steps. You do not watch your feet and guide them around rocks, ruts, sticks, etc because your brain has already sent the information to your body on where to step while you look ahead. I would challenge anyone to go to a practice green and just start looking at putts for 3- 5 seconds, then hit them without thinking, calculating or picking a line, a spot or speed. Just think about the ball going in the hole. Do it for every hole on the practice green and I am guessing many of you will be shocked at how close you can get.  

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

I some how have thoughts of fairway woods despite my super hybrid happiness

I always have thoughts of fairway woods but my 3 wood is actually really good for me so I have a hard time actually replacing it. I went to my local shop a couple of months back with the plan to get into a new 3 wood and ended up with a new driver. 😂 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I have begun to consider changing up my wedges due to a gapping issue that has been creeping into play a lot lately. Currently my wedges are 51, 55, 60 and my PW is a 44. That 44 - 51 gap seems to come into play more often which gets me into swinging the 44 soft which never seems to work out or really going after it with the 51 which sends the ball off course more often than not. Haven’t tried anything yet but I’d like to try out a 50 for the sake of curiosity. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

22 minutes ago, chisag said:

... LOL I get it, we all process things differently. Think of it this way. At the range pick a few targets say 15 feet, 20 feet, 24 feet and 30 feet all in different directions. If I gave you some range balls and said to throw them underhanded and land on each target you would most likely use all feel. The brain is an amazing and complex mechanism and if you give it simple info, there are very few limits to what it can accomplish. How many times have you dropped a ball on a practice green before starting your round to warm up, glanced at that first 40 footer just to warm up and then hit it close, maybe even make it. I think the brain gets signals like "OK, they want me to hit it 20 feet but seem much more concerned with rolling it overTHAT spot, so let's forget the 20 feet thing and really hit THAT spot!" Obviously speed and line are both crucially important and as we know, the brain cannot concentrate on 2 things at once. It can rapidly go back and forth between 2 but not focus 100% on them. But if you give the brain the instructions "make the ball go in that hole" it will concentrate on that one thing, calculating what is needed. 

... I am a firm believer in that is exactly how most should putt. Just look at the putt letting the line and speed sink in to your brain and without actively thinking, let your brain guide your stroke. I know it is very Zen like but similar to walking down a rocky path where you let you brain see where to step while looking ahead at your next steps. You do not watch your feet and guide them around rocks, ruts, sticks, etc because your brain has already sent the information to your body on where to step while you look ahead. I would challenge anyone to go to a practice green and just start looking at putts for 3- 5 seconds, then hit them without thinking, calculating or picking a line, a spot or speed. Just think about the ball going in the hole. Do it for every hole on the practice green and I am guessing many of you will be shocked at how close you can get.  

That's pretty much how I putt, pitch, and chip .... I process how far I want to hit it and just go with it.  Not unlike tossing a ball to the target.  I try not to think about it too much.  The more I get mechanical in any aspect, the more likely my hands/arms do their own thing -- and normally not what I visualized.  With putting, once I've determined my line, I just "feel" how hard I have to hit it to get it to the point that I'm seeing.  I'll take a couple of practice strokes, with both putter and wedge, just get the feel of what I want to execute.  Like you said, difficult to explain other than the word "feel".

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, chisag said:

Spot on!  When I was first learning the game my dad taught me to visualize water flowing towards the hole. I still try to visualize that today and focus on where I want the ball to end up. I the. Feel the speed and line and get myself lined up. 

it is very Zen like I think that was a good way to describe it more than just “feel”

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... LOL I get it, we all process things differently. Think of it this way. At the range pick a few targets say 15 feet, 20 feet, 24 feet and 30 feet all in different directions. If I gave you some range balls and said to throw them underhanded and land on each target you would most likely use all feel. 

Digging a little deeper.   I totally get what you are saying and we definitely do better when we can leverage that feel.   In my opinion the reason that I can hit that target is that we have learned the mechanics to be able to develop feel.  I don't think about how to move my body it just moves the right way to throw the ball.   You have talked about your football days;  how did you learn to throw a football?  When you were a kid were you able to throw a football 10 yards, 20 yards, and 30 yards?  I assume you practiced and learned the technique to throw the ball.  Eventually it became feel and you could do it without thinking.  Mechanics create feels and feels enable you to perform over time. 

This is how we all work as individuals.  Neither is right or wrong. 

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Digging a little deeper.   I totally get what you are saying and we definitely do better when we can leverage that feel.   In my opinion the reason that I can hit that target is that we have learned the mechanics to be able to develop feel.  I don't think about how to move my body it just moves the right way to throw the ball.   You have talked about your football days;  how did you learn to throw a football?  When you were a kid were you able to throw a football 10 yards, 20 yards, and 30 yards?  I assume you practiced and learned the technique to throw the ball.  Eventually it became feel and you could do it without thinking.  Mechanics create feels and feels enable you to perform over time. 

This is how we all work as individuals.  Neither is right or wrong. 

... I hope I didn't give the impression that I think a mechanical or clock method is wrong cnosil. I just could not do it. 

... I don't think I was ever mechanical throwing a football. Just started throwing it as a kid, was good at it and became a QB in the 2nd grade so hard to remember the process. I know there are QB's that throw to a spot and those that needed lots of repetition to get down throwing the ball to X receiver at X spot on the field. I always just threw by feel. One of the hardest throws is a crossing pattern over the middle of the field with a RB or slot receiver running full speed 5 yds past the line of scrimmage. There is virtually no room for error. Lots of QB's (including the NFL) go with when receiver X is here, I will throw the ball to X spot, of course different receivers run at different speeds so lots of practice is needed with that route. But I would just "sense" their speed or "feel" their speed and lead them appropriately. That enabled me to throw that pass earlier or later in the route. As you said, neither is right or wrong, just what works best for any individual. 

18 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I hope I didn't give the impression that I think a mechanical or clock method is wrong cnosil. I just could not do it. 

you didn't give me that impression.  Just trying to expand my understanding about people that say they are just feel players.   Just trying to wrap my mind around how build feels without some mechanical aspect.  As I have said before,  I love to learn and just trying to understand your process. 

@cnosili also tried the clock method before for a while. I found I had a bunch of overlapping distances.  Plus it was too much for my simple mind to keep track of.  I still use it in a sense.  I get my distance, then pick whether I need a half, quarter, three quarter or full shot.  The tweeners, I just guess, and do ok most of the time. I do adjust for distance more with shape and height now than before.  I know if I move the 58° up front and hit just a slight fade with a good connection should go around 85 yards, and really high.  Move the ball back, and hit a little tiny draw, it can get to 120+. There are variations of each, and I also use the middle as the stock shot. Which is around 100-105 with that club.  All full swings.

9 hours ago, Shankster said:

@cnosili also tried the clock method before for a while. I found I had a bunch of overlapping distances.  Plus it was too much for my simple mind to keep track of.  I still use it in a sense.  I get my distance, then pick whether I need a half, quarter, three quarter or full shot.  The tweeners, I just guess, and do ok most of the time. I do adjust for distance more with shape and height now than before.  I know if I move the 58° up front and hit just a slight fade with a good connection should go around 85 yards, and really high.  Move the ball back, and hit a little tiny draw, it can get to 120+. There are variations of each, and I also use the middle as the stock shot. Which is around 100-105 with that club.  All full swings.

In my mind that is the "clock" method;  You have a specific spot(or an about here spot) you move the club to hit the ball X distance.  Before you swing you consciously say this is a quarter or half swing.    What @chisag describes is he really doesn't have a specific distance or point in space to move the club to;  today it could be one distance but yesterday it was a different distance.  He looks at the place he wants the ball to go and just swings;  like throwing a baseball.  

45 minutes ago, cnosil said:

In my mind that is the "clock" method;  You have a specific spot(or an about here spot) you move the club to hit the ball X distance.  Before you swing you consciously say this is a quarter or half swing.    What @chisag describes is he really doesn't have a specific distance or point in space to move the club to;  today it could be one distance but yesterday it was a different distance.  He looks at the place he wants the ball to go and just swings;  like throwing a baseball.  

That is how I do it as well. I am not as refined as @chisag but getting there. It is also what Monte says in his use the bounce videos. Martin chuck also prescribed on pitches to take it back the same length, just speed up your hip turn. YMMV

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

thinking about some speed training set up ( i can poke my driver already 280 at 44.5" when hit solid) but don't want to fork over extra for a radar. is a radar really needed to make it work?

My Reviews:

1 minute ago, rbsiedsc said:

thinking about some speed training set up ( i can poke my driver already 280 at 44.5" when hit solid) but don't want to fork over extra for a radar. is a radar really needed to make it work?

No.  I am doing speed training right now without a radar.  

Can a radar help give you feedback and potentially push you harder if you aren't seeing the results you want?  Sure.  

For me, I know how to push myself during the workouts and the results show up on the course

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Can you do it without radar? Yes.   The issue is you don’t really know if you are actually swinging faster. When you see the speed on the radar you confirm if a swing is really fast or slow.  Feeling faster doesn’t mean you are faster 

On 7/9/2021 at 10:53 AM, edingc said:

Good thoughts. With putting I'm usually using the same speed, different lengths approach. I think I might be getting caught in between approaches with the wedges - quite possible that I'm adjusting both swing length and speed and that could be responsible for the wildly inconsistent results.

This is why I like posting around here because its not really something I've considered before...

I have some of his other stuff and it's quality. Just bought it.

Some good thoughts above....here is my strategy....

With varying distance wedge shots I have a single 1/2 swing length & speed that I have grooved and I use different wedge lofts to get different yardages with that swing.  I have a 49* that I use for 80yds, a 53* for 65yds and a 57* for 50yds all with the same 1/2 swing length and swing speed.  If i want to flight it low my hands go low & left on the follow through, for a high shot my hands finish high and toward the target. 

40 - 75 yard wedge shots are a strength of my game probably because I hit so many of them in the backyard to a 12' x 20' target green.  When i get on a course the greens there look huge in comparison and I am more relaxed with the shot.    

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

New lob wedge or replacing the shaft of my exiting club with a graphite shaft.  End of last year I switched to lightweight graphite shafted irons and hit them pretty well.  I had callaway points and got a graphite shafted 54* wedge to try out.  I have practiced and played with it for a represent rounds and love how it feels and it performs well,   While I can play the normal heavy steel shafts, I just enjoy the lighter weight graphite (85 gram)  Maybe I’ll get something in the 100 gram range just to experiment with something a little heavier

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

New lob wedge or replacing the shaft of my exiting club with a graphite shaft.  End of last year I switched to lightweight graphite shafted irons and hit them pretty well.  I had callaway points and got a graphite shafted 54* wedge to try out.  I have practiced and played with it for a represent rounds and love how it feels and it performs well,   While I can play the normal heavy steel shafts, I just enjoy the lighter weight graphite (85 gram)  Maybe I’ll get something in the 100 gram range just to experiment with something a little heavier

I'm working on reshafting my Edel wedges with graphite shafts. The steel shafts were great, but i like the idea of graphite shafts in all clubs. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I am making the shift to '99 Titleist DCI 990B's. I recently tried a DCI LW and was surprised how light it felt even thought it was much heavier than my component blade so it was easy to get the clubface open for my handsy swing. I ebelieve its because the cg is close to the hosel. Since I hook the ball I figured it was worth a try at $120 on ebay 5-PW.

I read they play like a blade and are pretty soft too. I also read they don't hit the ball too high but I feel like since they have little offset and the cg near the hosel I should be able to get the club open more at the top and hit the ball higher. If not I'll change the DG S300 to FST115's.

5 hybrid. Or maybe new irons to update the set from 2013 in my bag right now. Or perhaps a push cart. Maybe a larger headed mallet putter?

I just have the itch to buy *something*... I haven't bought any new golf stuff in like, at least a year now, and G.A.S. is driving me bonkers right now LOL!!!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Debating a 3 wedge setup and putting a utility in the bag like 18-20*. Something I can run up on long par 4s and 5s if I’m too close for my super and I don’t need to carry anything

My Reviews:

<whispers> I'm thinking about replacing all the woods in my bag (F8 driver, 3W and 5w for something younger). If they hear these thoughts though, I'm gonna get punished hard on the course😁🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

4 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

<whispers> I'm thinking about replacing all the woods in my bag (F8 driver, 3W and 5w for something younger). If they hear these thoughts though, I'm gonna get punished hard on the course😁🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

You know my thought on this and the offer is out there!  Would love to see you get some new blood in the top end of your bag 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I’m feeling a little Mini after some reviews. Always got along with smaller head drivers and the shorter shaft length could mean more center strikes. Ugh…

My Reviews:

I am also considering a Mini, especially since it can get down to 9.5°.  

Tomorrow morning will include a lot of 3 wood tee shots.  The course is super tight on the front 9, and going to be super exposed to any wind on the back.  I don’t think I’ll pull the driver once…. 

The second club I am eyeing up is a driving iron.  The distance I am getting with the 3 iron right now, if I put a 2 iron in the bag it would really open up a whole different approach.  It would likely be a 250 club with the roll.  But I have no idea what to take out of the bag for this to have a spot.

9 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I am also considering a Mini, especially since it can get down to 9.5°.  

Tomorrow morning will include a lot of 3 wood tee shots.  The course is super tight on the front 9, and going to be super exposed to any wind on the back.  I don’t think I’ll pull the driver once…. 

The second club I am eyeing up is a driving iron.  The distance I am getting with the 3 iron right now, if I put a 2 iron in the bag it would really open up a whole different approach.  It would likely be a 250 club with the roll.  But I have no idea what to take out of the bag for this to have a spot.

Ya the 9.5* setting also intrigues me since I am only playing my driver at 8* now. Question is would I have the swing speed with a shorter shaft to make up for the distance? I have been better lately with my center contact and about 2-3 drives a round going over 275

My Reviews: