Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

9 minutes ago, Tpoole22 said:

Thinking about regripping all of my clubs. Anyone have a recommendation for some mid size grips that aren't golf pride?

... What have you played and liked? Grips are so personal. That said I love the ST+2 Hybrid grips. They are not "tacky" feeling but are extremely grippy and work well for someone that doesn't use a glove. Slightly larger grip under the bottom hand and comes in a mid size. 

https://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/st-hybrid/

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... What have you played and liked? Grips are so personal. That said I love the ST+2 Hybrid grips. They are not "tacky" feeling but are extremely grippy and work well for someone that doesn't use a glove. Slightly larger grip under the bottom hand and comes in a mid size. 

https://www.lamkingrips.com/shop/st-hybrid/

I recently tried a Winn dri tac midsized and liked that. This one looks fairly similar to that just less tacky which might be good. I've actually seen a few people talking about these lately so I might have to give them a shot. Thanks for the help guys

On 7/27/2021 at 4:14 PM, edingc said:

4 Utility Iron: I've been hitting my long irons pretty well but could use a bit more height. I also might entertain hitting a 4 Utility from the tee more often if I had one. I've been hitting the 4 iron a bit more and it's a good club choice on a few holes.

I went from a Mizuno MP 20 Utility 4 iron to now the Srixon ZX and can say the height is unreal.  So easy to hit high and get to land soft if needed.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

14 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

I recently tried a Winn dri tac midsized and liked that. This one looks fairly similar to that just less tacky which might be good. I've actually seen a few people talking about these lately so I might have to give them a shot. Thanks for the help guys

I just had to move back to Winn Dri-Tac's, the Lite series in fact.  I just got my irons re-shafted from Project X 6.0s to Steelfiber i95s, and putting my go-to Golf Pride MMC midsize grips on there made the swingweights a problem..  

I don't mind Dri-Tac's but they're not very durable so I'm keeping my eye out for replacement options.  

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I just had to move back to Winn Dri-Tac's, the Lite series in fact.  I just got my irons re-shafted from Project X 6.0s to Steelfiber i95s, and putting my go-to Golf Pride MMC midsize grips on there made the swingweights a problem..  

I don't mind Dri-Tac's but they're not very durable so I'm keeping my eye out for replacement options.  

Just looked up the Dri tac lites and saw that they are 23 grams. That's crazy light. I don't even know where to start with something comparable to that. Not sure if they are available, but maybe the golf pride 25s?

I’m thinking about my beloved Ping G410 LST. Currently waiting from the guy at my shop who has a call in to ping to see what they can do. Was wiping down the face in between shots today and noticed something strange. Brought the club into the shop and he confirmed what I saw and felt: the face is about to fail.  You can both see and feel it. Ugh

6888B5E9-DFEF-431B-B350-F6310484C029.jpeg

6B2408DF-33DA-4EDD-9152-FBA2B6855632.jpeg

22 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

Thinking about regripping all of my clubs. Anyone have a recommendation for some mid size grips that aren't golf pride?

I went with Winn dri-tac and most likely wont switch for awhile. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

8 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I’m thinking about my beloved Ping G410 LST. Currently waiting from the guy at my shop who has a call in to ping to see what they can do. Was wiping down the face in between shots today any notices something strange. Brought the club into the shop and he confirmed what I am seeing: the face is about to fail.  You can both see and feel it. Ugh

Ping should either repair or replace the head  If it’s not too old or shows abuse.  From what I can see from pic it’s possible weld failure. Ping is usually great with Customer Service but don’t delay.

When I had a problem with my G410 the Golf Shop just sent the club to Ping and they repaired it within 2weeks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I’m thinking about my beloved Ping G410 LST. Currently waiting from the guy at my shop who has a call in to ping to see what they can do. Was wiping down the face in between shots today and noticed something strange. Brought the club into the shop and he confirmed what I saw and felt: the face is about to fail.  You can both see and feel it. Ugh

jesus man how hard are you hitting the ball ... that sucks they should replace it no problem seems like a defect 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

4 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

Just looked up the Dri tac lites and saw that they are 23 grams. That's crazy light. I don't even know where to start with something comparable to that. Not sure if they are available, but maybe the golf pride 25s?

Yeah, I'm probably going to email Golf Pride and Lamkin and see (if they reply) what they recommend. if they have anything.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

Not cool. Hopefully PING has a replacement head laying around.  Stop loaning your gear out to Henrik…. Haha.

Thinking about going to T100S with a 48, 52, 58 wedge set up. Added distance while simplifying the wedge game. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Just now, scooterhd2 said:

Thinking about going to T100S with a 48, 52, 58 wedge set up. Added distance while simplifying the wedge game. 

You mean added awesomeness.  That’s how I was rolling for a year.  Moved to a 48, 54, 58 set up.  Haven’t had too many rounds yet with the 54°, but I rarely used the 52°, so I added a M grind 54° to give me a bit more versatility if needed.  58° is a pontoon, that needs replacement… soon.

25 minutes ago, Shankster said:

You mean added awesomeness.  That’s how I was rolling for a year.  Moved to a 48, 54, 58 set up.  Haven’t had too many rounds yet with the 54°, but I rarely used the 52°, so I added a M grind 54° to give me a bit more versatility if needed.  58° is a pontoon, that needs replacement… soon.

Maybe an Edison 53* will split the difference and keep 5 degree gaps. But I think part of the point for me was to try to go to an all Titleist bag. Including ball, bag, hat, everything. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

15 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

Maybe an Edison 53* will split the difference and keep 5 degree gaps. But I think part of the point for me was to try to go to an all Titleist bag. Including ball, bag, hat, everything. 

Just have a 52 bent weak or a 54 bent strong.  

you might get more use out of your 52 than I do.  I really only get to play one course.  And without hitting irons off the tee or switching tee boxes I’m going to have around 200, 150 or 100 or less in.  Give or take.  I used the 52 16 times in 2 years according to Arccos. 58 saw 180 shots.  Wasting a spot in the bag.

20 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Just have a 52 bent weak or a 54 bent strong.  

you might get more use out of your 52 than I do.  I really only get to play one course.  And without hitting irons off the tee or switching tee boxes I’m going to have around 200, 150 or 100 or less in.  Give or take.  I used the 52 16 times in 2 years according to Arccos. 58 saw 180 shots.  Wasting a spot in the bag.

Brother. If I have a 53 degree it better be labeled 53 😁. Anything else is near blasphemy. lol.  

I play 50/56/60 right now, so not sure how much use I would get out of the 52, but my thought was for low runners around the green, with the 58 being for bunkers, lobs, higher shots. I'm guessing you are not using the 52 around the green?

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

41 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

Brother. If I have a 53 degree it better be labeled 53 😁. Anything else is near blasphemy. lol.  

I play 50/56/60 right now, so not sure how much use I would get out of the 52, but my thought was for low runners around the green, with the 58 being for bunkers, lobs, higher shots. I'm guessing you are not using the 52 around the green?

Never.  I don’t hit much for bump and run shots.  80/20 guy on chips/pitches around the green.  Fly it 80% of the way, let it roll 20%.  Sometimes I fly it all the way with a lob.  I never was much good at judging the roll out on a running shot.  So, I decided to not use it, I practiced it all one summer, but never had the opportunity to really use it.  If I have to get one to a back pin or whatever, I’ll hit a low skipper, but it’s got some spin and checks up… or at least it did before I had a wedge meltdown…

Probably going to throw a Ventus Hybrid shaft into my Ping G425 hybrid

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I'm thinking about what an updated set of Launcher HB irons might look like...

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

12 hours ago, Jmedical said:

Comparing the tsi hybrids with the new king Tec.  Yet still not sure if I want to switch out my two iron as it’s an amazing fairway finder in the 250 range. Though ease and forgive ability of a hybrid would be nice…

If it is both distance and accuracy you would seek in a hybrid, be sure to check out the Sub 70 949X Pro model.......

tested and reviewed here, and all testers seemed to agree on those statements

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

2 hybrid to replace my beloved 3 wood...talk me into or out of it.

PS: I hit my 3 hybrid and 3 wood pretty well.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Depends on whether you want a higher or lower flight. If the 3 wood is working why change to something else. Depending on the hybrid you may or may not get the same distance as the 3w and if that throws off any gapping already established 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Only if you go super

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Depends on whether you want a higher or lower flight. If the 3 wood is working why change to something else. Depending on the hybrid you may or may not get the same distance as the 3w and if that throws off any gapping already established 

I think it would benefit me off the tee on some holes for more accuracy.

3 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Only if you go super

@GolfSub70 all the way...I'm officially a homer.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Thinking about a New level utility iron with KBS proto shaft. I am happy with my setup now but somehow feel i could use something a little more controllable for tight and short par 4s. It would need to fill the gap between my super hybrid (245-255 from tee) and my 4 iron (205-215 from tee). My 3H is ok from the tee. I guess i should learn to  just flight that down more if needed.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Posting on behalf of @rbsiedsc. He is thinking about ZX5s that will be for sale after my T300 set arrives.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4