TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

I have back issues and I am interested in the Corba one length irons for that reason …also waiting on the upcoming review of them.
The big questions I have are: since they are 7-iron length, but I prefer my 5-iron posture more, would the lengthened set be playable? My guess is that they chose 7-iron length as standard because it’s in the middle of a 3-iron & wedges. And then how will a 5-iron length GW perform?

Not crazy about ordering a longer set, and then questioning whether standard length would have been better.
By the way, the closest clubfitters are 1-1/2 - 2 hrs away. 

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

If getting her these clubs makes her happy and allows me to continue my club buying habits, its worth it 😂

You have a loophole built in with BortGolf as well.  "No honey - those are a build for someone, of course they aren't for me" LOL

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Every fall, I find myself going down all sorts of rabbit holes.  And I'm doing it again this year.  Earlier, I mentioned messing around with assorted graphite shafts; I want to see how the Fuji Pro 115 Tour Spec works, the Aldila NV95, blah blah blah.

Well, last night, I found myself looking at Ping G410 single irons, specifically a 9 iron, in my particular lie angle.  In spite of my being a confirmed Blade Ho for most of the last 20 years.  On occasion, I think it would be interesting to not have to worry about the durability of my irons, with possible rocks and other unseemliness lurking beneath the surface of the turf.  And Ping 17-4 stainless clubheads are so durable they have a half-life.

When I've tested Ping G series in the past, I've found I couldn't play them.  I would balloon the short irons in the slightest wind.  A couple times, in no wind.  No bueno.  But, I'm not 45 anymore (not even 55 anymore), hit the ball lower than I used to, and wonder if things have changed.  That's what spawned my half-baked idea to buy a G410 9 iron for full on testing.

Adding to the irony, I've been down this road, and it never turns out well.  Admittedly, not with something as high MOI as a G410, but that's because that level has only been reached with the G410 and G700 and forward.  Which has me thinking it's a useless exercise.

The stupid gyrations I submit myself to.  LOL

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

TaylorMade Pittsburgh Persimmon___12, 17, 20, 23°

Wilson 1200 GE___2, 4-9, PW

Alien Ultimate___SW

Ram Zebra___putter.

Our season is drawing quickly to a close as I'm not at all fond of playing with my shirt sleeves covered.

It's time to have some fun and see if steel shafts still make my geriatric hands swell.

I'm guessing yes.

On a more serious note, I'll need new shoes for next season.

I normally buy the same model in three different colors, and so they all wear out at the same time.

Edited by BostonSal

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

The honmas showed up (for my wife). They are not as expensive as you would think because they are a much older model

8D80CBCA-4F1E-408C-8EBB-FCC9924A432C.jpeg.7183c89613bbe281a87fbaf24a7bf36a.jpeg

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

So I play Edel wedges and the MGS Most Wanted Wedges scores made me scared lol. 40% loss of spin in wet weather on a 50 yard shot? That's not good living in the PNW. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

Have several clubs to trade in and want to use the money towards something to test since shop credit gets me the most value. Debating LAB putter or a 4w/HL3. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Ive been thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of Tommy Armour 845s.  Im basically just waiting for them to go on sale for the end of the season.  Im hoping to wait until they are marked down to $350-$400.  Right now I see that they are at $450 but I feel like I can do better.

Just like a few years ago when I picked up my TA Atomic driver for $250.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Definitely thinking about some new irons for my son. He loves the heads on the Wilson Staff D200s he's playing right now but the graphite R flex shafts are too weak for him. He also loves the heavier steel shafts on the Cobra FP irons my dad gave him, but doesn't like the smaller heads. I'll probably take him to DSG and let him hit some irons on the monitor there to see what he likes, and then look around from there.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Definitely thinking about some new irons for my son. He loves the heads on the Wilson Staff D200s he's playing right now but the graphite R flex shafts are too weak for him. He also loves the heavier steel shafts on the Cobra FP irons my dad gave him, but doesn't like the smaller heads. I'll probably take him to DSG and let him hit some irons on the monitor there to see what he likes, and then look around from there.

Great prices on the PXG irons now.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Great prices on the PXG irons now.

Yeah I'm not buying him PXG for his 16th birthday 😂

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Yeah I'm not buying him PXG for his 16th birthday 😂

Why not? The 0211 DC are cheaper than any brand on the market right now at $89/club and $84 if you are qualified for hero pricing. They were just $79.99 and $74.99 respectively

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

31 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Why not? The 0211 DC are cheaper than any brand on the market right now at $89/club and $84 if you are qualified for hero pricing. They were just $79.99 and $74.99 respectively

Because I'm not buying PXG. 

43 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Because I'm not buying PXG. 

What’s wrong with PXG? 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What’s wrong with PXG? 

Plenty.

I don't tell anyone where or how to spend their money. Likewise, no one needs to tell me how or where to spend mine. Thanks.

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

Plenty.

I don't tell anyone where or how to spend their money. Likewise, no one needs to tell me how or where to spend mine. Thanks.

Not telling you or anyone how to spend their money. Curious why you or anyone would ignore purchasing quality clubs that have great reviews and that cheaper than anything on the markets but whatever 

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not telling you or anyone how to spend their money. Curious why you or anyone would ignore purchasing quality clubs that have great reviews and that cheaper than anything on the markets but whatever 

Because with so many great OEMs out there, there are zero reasons for me to give Bob Parsons a single penny of my cash.

On 10/6/2021 at 12:40 PM, B_R_A_D_Y said:

I have back issues and I am interested in the Corba one length irons for that reason …also waiting on the upcoming review of them.
The big questions I have are: since they are 7-iron length, but I prefer my 5-iron posture more, would the lengthened set be playable? My guess is that they chose 7-iron length as standard because it’s in the middle of a 3-iron & wedges. And then how will a 5-iron length GW perform?

Not crazy about ordering a longer set, and then questioning whether standard length would have been better.
By the way, the closest clubfitters are 1-1/2 - 2 hrs away. 

So I have the Radspeed OL from 6 iron through SW (had the 5 hybrid) I ordered them 1/2 over length so they all play so they all play 38"   I don't know if I'd go as far as ordering the 5 iron length.  I think that would really hurt you more on high end of the bag, I didn't have any issue handling the 38" SW    

I may be putting these up for sale before long, as I got what I wanted out of them, and enjoyed them but never was going to be a permanent thing.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I’m getting close to pulling the trigger: 5-GW, +1/2 in length, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 reg, Jumbo max tour series & pondering -1* strong loft.
I should be able to get them below wholesale … but think they r on back order right now. I would love to kno the specs on ur clubs & what price u r considering.

9 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I have the Radspeed OL from 6 iron through SW (had the 5 hybrid) I ordered them 1/2 over length so they all play so they all play 38"   I don't know if I'd go as far as ordering the 5 iron length.  I think that would really hurt you more on high end of the bag, I didn't have any issue handling the 38" SW    

I may be putting these up for sale before long, as I got what I wanted out of them, and enjoyed them but never was going to be a permanent thing.  

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

9 hours ago, B_R_A_D_Y said:

I’m getting close to pulling the trigger: 5-GW, +1/2 in length, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 reg, Jumbo max tour series & pondering -1* strong loft.
I should be able to get them below wholesale … but think they r on back order right now. I would love to kno the specs on ur clubs & what price u r considering.

I'll PM You.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Sub70 irons look really good! I like the looks of the raw finish. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

32 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

Sub70 irons look really good! I like the looks of the raw finish. 

The 949X fairway woods do too... I keep looking at other clubs when I go to look at/configure my next irons.

https://www.golfsub70.com/sub-70-949x-fairway.html

Edited by Hobert

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

Had a coupon for Golf Shack in Rockford and I swung by last weekend with my wife and daughters.  First time in a place like this; we didn't have a ton of time to spend but I got to try one of the new Tour Edge drivers.  Newest piece of equipment (by far) that I've ever swung.  I definitely see the allure of constantly upgrading clubs!  Salesman watched me hit and gave me a few pieces of advice which as a beginner I really needed and by the end I was really hitting well.  Not sure if I should look into upgrading now or nearer to the start of next season.

While browsing, my wife came upon a set that she really liked (they were purple) and mentioned that she might like to join me if she had a set like those.  Haven't pulled the trigger just yet but it's funny how I'll have a hard time justifying buying something for myself but I won't think twice about buying something similar if she says she is interested, lol.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Well, seeings as how I finally sent off my irons and wedges as part of a trade cash exchange to fund the new purchases for 2021... irons and wedges, really wedges moreso because the irons are already selected, just have to go place the order

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I have two sets of fairway woods in playable condition.

Titleist PTs in 17, 20, and 23º

Top Flite Intimidator 400s in 16, 21, 25, and 29°.

I had bought the Titleists, and the Top Flites were my late uncle's.

Both of them are from the previous century, I should add.

I also bought a set of barely used Ping G425 SFT fairway woods that I though I might like to collect because they were spaced 3° apart like an old-fashioned set, but I was rescued from that ill-conceived extravagance by another consignment buyer who took them from me.  I had hit them only once on the practice tee.  They were good, but I didn't need them, and now they're a current model that's already been sold at least three times.

The logical thing would be to look into fairway woods.

The Titleist TSi2s and the Callaway Epic Speeds both look awfully good, but I've never actually held one and they're seriously expensive.  Plus I'm not having problems with fairway wood play.  I guess that I'm good for now.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

Did something dumb, don't want to talk about it.

With that said, need some new wedges

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Wreck your edels?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

25 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Wreck your edels?

Yes, don't want to talk about it lol

Updated 07/15/2022

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

this reminds me of being in middle school when people would put up cryptic away messages on AIM that said they wanted to be left alone when they REALLY wanted someone to ask them what was wrong. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour