TESTERS WANTED! ×

What equipment are you thinking about?

null

I have an iron fitting on Sunday, so the Mizuno Pro 223 are at the top of my list. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

14 hours ago, chisag said:

Not so much forged but more the 1025 soft carbon steel. My MP-20 did not fare well in the desert where the ground is hard and often a little rocky, especially just beneath the surface. While my Vokeys got nicked up a little my Mizuno was gouged, dented and scratched up very quickly. Not a problem back in the soft midwest conditions but here in Phoenix they are No Bueno. So far my MG3's are holding up very well which is a nice surprise.

I'm in midwest, so durability aside - I'm curious which one you would choose purely based on performance and looks?  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

3 hours ago, juspoole said:

I'm in midwest, so durability aside - I'm curious which one you would choose purely based on performance and looks?  

... If you are asking my choice between the Mizuno T20 and the Vokey SM8, the Vokey performed better for me. I just never warmed up to the Mizuno even though I was fit for a wedge in the Midwest and the Mizuno performed best in testing. Maybe as much mental as physical as the shape did not suit my eye, so the results might be unique to me. 

... But the above aside the MG3's are the best wedges I have ever played. Again a subjective opinion but the teardrop shape is just about perfect as is the size of the head. Chipping/pitching is no better or worse then my Vokey SM8 I was playing but my full shot yardage is the most consistent I have experienced with any wedge. If forced to choose between the 2 for sand play, I would give the nod to the MG3 but it is not an obvious difference. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I was contemplating a new putter but I really don’t have a compelling reason to replace my Evnroll ER7. I was hit with the idea of maybe improving it a bit and started researching new shafts as a way to upgrade it. I’m intrigued by the BGT Stability Carbon Shaft. I don’t think I need to spend additional money on the tour version though. I just finished watching TXG review of the shaft and it got me seriously considering the upgrade. I would send my putter to BGT for them to do the work and I’d include a new Evnroll grip for them to install. I really like the feel of the Tourtac grip when I tested the ER11v. What is the general consensus among the forum members? Is it worth the upgrade? It is certainly less expensive than most new putters these days.

BDF77D21-7FCF-441B-B500-1C5E04FA3DA3.jpeg.e2bb788a15f274a9e6c13896fa138692.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

5 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I was contemplating a new putter but I really don’t have a compelling reason to replace my Evnroll ER7. I was hit with the idea of maybe improving it a bit and started researching new shafts as a way to upgrade it. I’m intrigued by the BGT Stability Carbon Shaft. I don’t think I need to spend additional money on the tour version though. I just finished watching TXG review of the shaft and it got me seriously considering the upgrade. I would send my putter to BGT for them to do the work and I’d include a new Evnroll grip for them to install. I really like the feel of the Tourtac grip when I tested the ER11v. What is the general consensus among the forum members? Is it worth the upgrade? It is certainly less expensive than most new putters these days.

I tried graphite shaft on  Scotty years ago in fact I think I posted something on PutterTalk about it.  My fascination with it didn’t last and went back to steel. 
Now this was many years ago and today’s Technology is light years from then.   
Remember most of my Putters have Ping Pingman or mid Ping grips.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

37 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

. What is the general consensus among the forum members? Is it worth the upgrade? It is certainly less expensive than most new putters these days.

I'm still undecided.  I've compared an identical head/grip setup with a steel vs. original stability and have had a Stability tour in a putter I used.  I personally couldn't see or feel anything different.   Right now I probably wouldn't go out and buy a high end specialty putter shaft but I really want to better understand them better especially with all the new graphite putter shafts that are available.   I read through the Fujikura test that was done by the forum members and they seemed to be impressed.    People say they make the putter feel more "stable" which is essentially a meaningless description to me.  What I do notice is that I am probably on the minority side of opinions as most people really seem to like them, 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I just happened to open an email from Bennett about some new putters. Well what caught my eye, an Evnroll ER11vx putter.  Luckily they aren’t available yet so I didn’t make a knee jerk purchase but it is definitely on my radar now. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

4 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I just happened to open an email from Bennett about some new putters. Well what caught my eye, an Evnroll ER11vx putter.  Luckily they aren’t available yet so I didn’t make a knee jerk purchase but it is definitely on my radar now. 

That stupid hole in the bottom drives me absolutely crazy.  When I am practicing I have a tendency to use the bottom of the putter to roll the ball instead of moving my body and it continually gets stuck in that hole.   It drives me absolutely crazy!!!!

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

That stupid hole in the bottom drives me absolutely crazy.  When I am practicing I have a tendency to use the bottom of the putter to roll the ball instead of moving my body and it continually gets stuck in that hole.   It drives me absolutely crazy!!!!

Interesting. I tend to do the same thing when practicing. I’m sure I could adapt. My bigger concerned would be size compared to other putters I normally use. I’m sure it is bigger than the spider X is kinda(loosely) resembles. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

2 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Interesting. I tend to do the same thing when practicing. I’m sure I could adapt. My bigger concerned would be size compared to other putters I normally use. I’m sure it is bigger than the spider X is kinda(loosely) resembles. 

It is bigger than the spider X.   Off the top of my head I'd say about the size of an Odyssey Ten. 

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It is bigger than the spider X.   Off the top of my head I'd say about the size of an Odyssey Ten. 

I liked the original 10 so it may be doable. No place around me carries Evnroll to see it first hand. 

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

When I tested the ER11v, one of my pleasant surprises was the hole in the bottom. It got a lot of use on my PuttOut mat and trainer for retrieving balls. Granted it’s not as useful on the course unless you’re retrieving a gimme. ☺️

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

26 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

When I tested the ER11v, one of my pleasant surprises was the hole in the bottom. It got a lot of use on my PuttOut mat and trainer for retrieving balls. Granted it’s not as useful on the course unless you’re retrieving a gimme. ☺️

What would you compare the er11v to size wise?

3 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

What would you compare the er11v to size wise?

Probably on the order of an Odyssey 2 ball putter.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:32 AM, cnosil said:

I was perfectly content with my Ping until I decided to do a head to head comparison.     Callaway, Cobra, and TM are my top three.  Titleist is probably a little farther back in fourth.   Price will be a big factor as will seeing which shafts might work best.   

psssstttt...... Sub70 849 Pro.....   🕵️‍♂️  

Any chance they have one of those at headquarters that you got to try out?   If so I'd be interested in how your numbers compared to the others, you have me by a few mph's but our swing speed / ball speed is close.

I had no loss in distance, workability or dispersion when switching from the 410+ 👍  They have a lot of shaft options to choose from as well.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

psssstttt...... Sub70 849 Pro.....   🕵️‍♂️  

Any chance they have one of those at headquarters that you got to try out?   If so I'd be interested in how your numbers compared to the others, you have me by a few mph's but our swing speed / ball speed is close.

I had no loss in distance, workability or dispersion when switching from the 410+ 👍  They have a lot of shaft options to choose from as well.

Yep,  there were sub70 drivers in the testing.  Subjectively I didn't like the shape.  Didn't get anymore speed than I am getting with current driver so it is about 5-6 MPH ball speed behind the ones I mentioned.  Might be a one off issue, but when we were moving the weights around on one of the heads,  we stripped all the threads.  

16 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

Let us know if you end up doing this.  I’ve thought about it, but I try to roll at least 40-50 putts every day…I’d hate to send it off and be parted from it for that long.  Plus, not sure I’m convinced it actually has a performance benefit.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

17 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

What is the general consensus among the forum members? Is it worth the upgrade? It is certainly less expensive than most new putters these days.

... It depends on if you love equipment or love performance? Not that the two are mutually exclusive of course. If you are looking to try something new and techy it would be a great experiment. But if you are looking to actually improve your putting maybe not so much. 

... Now granted I get compliments on my putting stroke far more than any other parts my game but quite a few years ago my son borrowed my putter and forgot to put it back in my bag and I forgot to check. I get to the course and have no putter, so I check in the clubhouse and they have one unclaimed putter they could lend me. A goofy looking white Tour Edge beat to he!!, with a fatter grip than I am used to, 35" when I play 33" and the balance wildly different from my putter. After getting used to it on the practice green it performed no worse than my putter. Obviously my focus and concentration was very high out of necessity and after a few holes my confidence was normal but it was a very informative round. It never felt good and I was aware I only needed to get 18 holes out of it and if I played with it more I know I would have lost confidence after the first pulled or pushed missed putt. To be fair I played an 8802 for 20 years and also used my LW to putt for 18 holes when they fertilize greens and always do fairly well so putting tech may not be for me.  

... I don't switch putters often and as long as the balance, toe hang and grip size is right for my stroke I have never found a performance difference with any putter I have used. So shafts, materials, inserts are interchangeable. When you consider every putt is a straight putt and the stroke should always be the same just a different length and the entire club is moving so slow compared to a full swing I don't see how a shaft can help you make more putts. Unless of course it provides a feel or even a mental boost that increases your confidence. Like Malcolm said in Jurassic Park I am always looking for the next ex shaft in my driver. So I admit to being a shaft ho and even though the Diamana LTD has proven to be as good as it gets for my swing in several fittings I still hear the Shaft Sirens singing to me and often try new shafts so I understand the desire to change things up.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 1/22/2022 at 5:54 PM, MattWillGolf said:

What is the general consensus among the forum members? Is it worth the upgrade?

I had the first version of the stability shaft in a bettinardi inovai 6 and thought it gave a little bit of easier stroke to help set the ball on line.  HOwever, the first version was too stiff I think and I had some trouble with distance control compared to a regular steel shaft.   It may have been in my head, but it was definitely apparent from the switch that distance control got better when I shifted.

I think for shorter putts it was great, but for longer putts I didn't love it. Overall, for me I hit a lot of greens, but tend to have 30/40 footers for birdie so lag putting is very important. 

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I am thinking about wedges - already was considering the SM9, but now seeing the emails this morning, it has them on my mind again.  I don't really think they have been much different over the past 3 versions, but I'll probably give them a look.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:09 PM, Kenny B said:

Let me know what you think.  I may try one in Palm Springs the next couple of weeks.  I'm currently playing a Wilson D300 17º hybrid and a Titleist TS2 16.5 FW.  

I can give you a little info Kenny, I’ve been playing mine a few weeks now.

The pros… It’s a nice looking club, and very easy to elevate. It wants to go straight. I’m playing it with the stock regular flex 40g Cypher shaft, and it feels very stable.

Cons…1. I’ve never been comfortable with rails on the sole of a club. I know all the supposed benefits, but the club looks off at set up to my eye. I find myself adjusting my setup with this club (bringing my hands closer to my body) in an effort to make it lie flat(?) to the ground. If you’re comfortable with railed soles, this won’t be an issue.

2. The distance is nothing special, in fact it’s shorter than the 18* Rogue X I replaced with it by at least 5 yards. It is more forgiving and consistent however.

Final thoughts… I’m going to put this up against an Epic Max 5 wood. If I had to bet, the Hy-wood will win, because FWs are my nemesis. The thing is if I was 100% sold on this club, I’d never be trying the 5 wood.

My guess how this all ends up? If they test as well as the Rogue X hybrids played for me, there will eventually be a couple of 3&4 Rogue ST Max hybrids in my bag. 

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

On 1/18/2022 at 8:32 AM, cnosil said:

I was perfectly content with my Ping until I decided to do a head to head comparison.     Callaway, Cobra, and TM are my top three.  Titleist is probably a little farther back in fourth.   Price will be a big factor as will seeing which shafts might work best.   

That G400 Max is like your first girlfriend though. You’ll always think about her.
Keep it around, even if you switch to a new one. Trust me. 😉

20 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I can give you a little info Kenny, I’ve been playing mine a few weeks now.

The pros… It’s a nice looking club, and very easy to elevate. It wants to go straight. I’m playing it with the stock regular flex 40g Cypher shaft, and it feels very stable.

Cons…1. I’ve never been comfortable with rails on the sole of a club. I know all the supposed benefits, but the club looks off at set up to my eye. I find myself adjusting my setup with this club (bringing my hands closer to my body) in an effort to make it lie flat(?) to the ground. If you’re comfortable with railed soles, this won’t be an issue.

2. The distance is nothing special, in fact it’s shorter than the 18* Rogue X I replaced with it by at least 5 yards. It is more forgiving and consistent however.

Final thoughts… I’m going to put this up against an Epic Max 5 wood. If I had to bet, the Hy-wood will win, because FWs are my nemesis. The thing is if I was 100% sold on this club, I’d never be trying the 5 wood.

My guess how this all ends up? If they test as well as the Rogue X hybrids played for me, there will eventually be a couple of 3&4 Rogue ST Max hybrids in my bag. 

I've never played a club with rails on the sole.  I did get to try the Hy-Wood in bot A-Flex and Reg; I'm likely right in-between.  Everything went left with the A-Flex; Reg went straight, but distance was nothing special, and I'm looking for distance.  I didn't hit my 2H along side it, but I'm pretty sure the Hy-Wood was a little shorter.  This has to be the club that I move the ball down the fairway for my 2nd on par 5's and get the ball close to the green on long par 4's; the longest club I can find wins the battle; not too particular about it being straight, that's not my problem.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 1/22/2022 at 7:29 PM, blackngold_blood said:

Was at HQ today so I of course looked at the two new evnrolls and did some size comparisons.   The Er11 VX looks large visually but when I compared to to the Odyssey Eleven and the new TM putters it was only slightly larger.   The new TM putters look small visually.    The Zero is probably about the same size but  doesn't look as big because isn't a solid putter head like the ER11.   I wasn't supposed to test them because we have started mallet MW testing...but I did roll a few with the zero.  Feels soft like most evnrolls, it is a toe up/torque balanced/face balanced at impact design; I don't like the forward shaft lean or the press grip.  

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Was at HQ today so I of course looked at the two new evnrolls and did some size comparisons.   The Er11 VX looks large visually but when I compared to to the Odyssey Eleven and the new TM putters it was only slightly larger.   The new TM putters look small visually.    The Zero is probably about the same size but  doesn't look as big because isn't a solid putter head like the ER11.   I wasn't supposed to test them because we have started mallet MW testing...but I did roll a few with the zero.  Feels soft like most evnrolls, it is a toe up/torque balanced/face balanced at impact design; I don't like the forward shaft lean or the press grip.  

That’s good to know as those are the ones I’m leaning towards. Nowhere around me carries evnroll but the do have odyssey and tm.  I don’t mind slightly bigger mallets. I have played the odyssey 10s black(1st version), PXG gunboat Gen1, tm spider tour and X, cobra stingray-40, etc. I just don’t want to look down in a daddy long legs size frying pan lol

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I've never played a club with rails on the sole.  I did get to try the Hy-Wood in bot A-Flex and Reg; I'm likely right in-between.  Everything went left with the A-Flex; Reg went straight, but distance was nothing special, and I'm looking for distance.  I didn't hit my 2H along side it, but I'm pretty sure the Hy-Wood was a little shorter.  This has to be the club that I move the ball down the fairway for my 2nd on par 5's and get the ball close to the green on long par 4's; the longest club I can find wins the battle; not too particular about it being straight, that's not my problem.

It sounds like you’re looking for the same thing I am, and this probably isn’t going to be it for you.

I love the idea of a club like this, which is another version of the Callaway Super hybrid, but for a lower SS type player.
If I had to sum this club up in one sentence, I’d say “it’s about 10 yards short of what it wants to be.” That said, it’s a very nice 3 hybrid  for someone who wants forgiveness over distance.

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

7w with 5w length shaft or 5w. Gets you more mass than a hybrid and keeps the loft high to help get the ball in the air easier. Haven’t hit g425 fw but the g410 were really good. I like 5w with 3w shaft. 

Another option is 4w or 3hl that 16.5-17* range. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'm not thinking about any new equipment, but I am thinking about doing some grip improvement in a couple of items in my bag. First off is going to be replacing the Winn Dri Tac on my hybrid. I love the way these grips feel, but it is absolutely shredded where my thumbs touch the grip. Won't buy these again and I'm thankful I still have some of the Lamkin's I bought from @chisag.

I'm also going to replace the grip on my 2 Ball. I bought an oversize SuperStroke a couple of months ago and I'm feeling like it's time to put it on.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:55 AM, chisag said:

... It depends on if you love equipment or love performance? Not that the two are mutually exclusive of course. If you are looking to try something new and techy it would be a great experiment. But if you are looking to actually improve your putting maybe not so much. 

... Now granted I get compliments on my putting stroke far more than any other parts my game but quite a few years ago my son borrowed my putter and forgot to put it back in my bag and I forgot to check. I get to the course and have no putter, so I check in the clubhouse and they have one unclaimed putter they could lend me. A goofy looking white Tour Edge beat to he!!, with a fatter grip than I am used to, 35" when I play 33" and the balance wildly different from my putter. After getting used to it on the practice green it performed no worse than my putter. Obviously my focus and concentration was very high out of necessity and after a few holes my confidence was normal but it was a very informative round. It never felt good and I was aware I only needed to get 18 holes out of it and if I played with it more I know I would have lost confidence after the first pulled or pushed missed putt. To be fair I played an 8802 for 20 years and also used my LW to putt for 18 holes when they fertilize greens and always do fairly well so putting tech may not be for me.  

... I don't switch putters often and as long as the balance, toe hang and grip size is right for my stroke I have never found a performance difference with any putter I have used. So shafts, materials, inserts are interchangeable. When you consider every putt is a straight putt and the stroke should always be the same just a different length and the entire club is moving so slow compared to a full swing I don't see how a shaft can help you make more putts. Unless of course it provides a feel or even a mental boost that increases your confidence. Like Malcolm said in Jurassic Park I am always looking for the next ex shaft in my driver. So I admit to being a shaft ho and even though the Diamana LTD has proven to be as good as it gets for my swing in several fittings I still hear the Shaft Sirens singing to me and often try new shafts so I understand the desire to change things up.  

Thanks for the comprehensive response. I am mostly curious about the tech and you’ve captured quite well my concern as to what improvements it may bring. I was considering a new putter or trying the Stability shaft. If I’m being honest with myself I don’t “need” a new putter. I’m intrigued by the new Bettinardi Inovai 6.0. I like the design of the putter and want try the Bettinardi’s new “Roll Control” putter face. To your point though if you find a putter with the balance, toe hang and grip size suited to your stroke, how much difference is there? When I tested the ER11v I noticed my putting improved but was it the putter or the fact that I concentrated more on my putting because I wanted to right by MGS and put a real effort in conducting the test.

Another thing that’s drawn me to Bettinardi is their support of the Veteran Golfers Association. I try to support companies that support organizations I support.